Terms of Use

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#172922 - Mon Jun 16 2003 08:02 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
IndieQueen Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania USA
My apologies to any Gordon Lightfoot fans out there, but I absolutely hate "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald." That song annoys me to no end.

Also, "Feliz Navidad" by Jose Feliciano. When Christmas rolls around, I avoid that song like the plague.

#172923 - Mon Jun 16 2003 03:56 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
DieHard Offline
Prolific

Loc: Louisiana USA
That song called "Rockabye" or something is extremely irritating to the ears and Jewels new song "Intuition" is a perfect example of why a folk singer should never try to Britanize (as in Britany Spears, not Great Britian).

#172924 - Mon Jun 16 2003 09:02 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
Coolupway Offline
Prolific

Re "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", comedian Richard Jeni has a hilarious routine about it, in which (among other things) he RECOMMENDS it as the perfect song to play when you want to end a party that has gone on for too long. He is a funny human being.

#172925 - Mon Jun 16 2003 11:47 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
Bertho Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Queensland Australia
Re: "Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald" I love that song.. sniff But I have a penchant for ballads and camp fire songs that are guitar friendly.

A friend put me onto a 'ears' friendly version of it by a Canadian band called the Reostatics.. a little more up-tempo. Don't know if it will save the song for you though Indie

#172926 - Tue Jun 17 2003 03:09 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
damnsuicidalroos Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
Currently it`s My United States Of Whatever ,.........though special thanks to Bertho for reminding me of Achy Breaky Heart :mad

#172927 - Tue Jun 17 2003 01:09 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
IndieQueen Offline
Forum Champion

Pennsylvania USA
Quote:

Re "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", comedian Richard Jeni has a hilarious routine about it, in which (among other things) he RECOMMENDS it as the perfect song to play when you want to end a party that has gone on for too long. He is a funny human being.

I love Richard Jeni! I've never seen this bit though. It should work at clearing out houseguests who've overstayed their welcome. I'll have to give it a try.

#172928 - Tue Jun 17 2003 05:19 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
superferd Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Boca Raton
Florida USA  
"Don't Worry Be Happy" by Bobby Mcferrin

I like the premise, but that song annoys me

#172929 - Tue Jun 17 2003 05:34 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
Coolupway Offline
Prolific

Though he does get credit for the a cappella thing, and also for being perhaps the only guy to use the word "litigate" in a song.

#172930 - Tue Jun 17 2003 07:00 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
The Whole "Bat Out Of Hell" album by Meatloaf! I was forced to listen to is for 16hrs once and I never ever want to hear it again
PF

#172931 - Tue Jun 17 2003 10:36 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
When it comes to annoying whole albums - Rick Wakeman I think it was, the album was called 'Voyage to the Centre of the Earth', one of those concept albums from the seventies, very 'progressive', with long spoken passages, not too melodic, experimental stuff. It was the only tape we had for a three -day car trip, we were in the mountains and couldn't get the radio. To make matters worse, it was on 8-track (does anyone remember those?), and so would break off in the middle of a song for a loooooong pause while it switched tracks. At the end of the trip we set it on the ground and ran over it several times. Felt good.

#172932 - Wed Jun 18 2003 02:09 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
skylarb Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Virginia USA
Beatles--Imagine--exudes pomposity and naivete all at once.

#172933 - Fri Jun 20 2003 04:49 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
DieHard Offline
Prolific

Loc: Louisiana USA
What would possess a person over the age of six to sing a song about a raspberry beret? That song is an instant channel-changer.

#172934 - Thu Nov 06 2003 03:52 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
asparagus83 Offline
Learning the ropes...

CHER's I Believe or sometfing is THE most annoying song ever!!Every time i accidentally hear it, my head implodes
and all my extremeties fall off!!

#172935 - Sat Dec 20 2003 07:22 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
dunny Offline
Participant

Loc: Nottingham. England
Blue suede shoes.
You can do anything, but lay off of my blue suede shoes.
OK you can hit him with a iron bar, or shoot him in the balls, as long as you stay off them blue suede shoes, what the hell is that all about?

#172936 - Sun Dec 21 2003 07:47 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
Eraserhead Offline
Prolific

Loc: Outer Sydney NSW Australia    
1. Skylarb, please don’t blame the whole of the Beatles for “Imagine”, it was a John Lennon song and a classic.
2. In regard to “Journey to the Centre of the Earth” all I can say is, “Ya had to be there”.
3. Sk8terboi (is that right?) rates up there with the best, but nothing mentioned so far comes near:
Anything by Racey
Anything by Bay City Rollers
And the number 1? – January by Pilot.

#172937 - Sun Dec 21 2003 08:19 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
IndieQueen Offline
Forum Champion

Pennsylvania USA
I'm not a huge fan of prog rock, most of it annoys me. Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson has to be the most annoying prog rock song ever. It never ends, I swear.

#172938 - Sun Dec 21 2003 01:39 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
a1sfn Offline
Learning the ropes...

I agree with some of the previous posts, and disagree with others. My candidate for Most Annoying Song would have to be Kenny Loggins' version of "The House At Pooh Corner". It has to be the most insipid, saccharine, and monotonous song I've heard. Lyrics like "Count all the bees in the hive" just make me cringe.

#172939 - Mon Dec 22 2003 03:20 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
tjoebigham Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Fairhaven Massachusetts USA   
Two annoying...in fact, DISGUSTINGLY cloying songs I hate are "Torn Between Two Lovers" and "I've Never Been To Me"! Oh, and I'm not too keen on the "Morning After" song from "Poseidon Adventure" (and that flick wasn't exactly a masterpiece, now?)

No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public. H.L. Mencken

tjoeb};>

#172940 - Mon Dec 22 2003 03:51 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
I always loathed Mac Davis's "Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me". Never could stand egotistical men!

#172941 - Mon Dec 22 2003 04:29 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
There are many completely annoying songs in my head but the two that come up first is a thing called "Disco Duck". The best that can be said for it is that it was an insult to Donald and Daffy. And that "You Light Up My Life"---ugh. After hearing it 3 million times a jackhammer outside the kitchen window would have been preferred...

#172942 - Mon Dec 22 2003 05:00 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Anything AT ALL by the Chipmunks.

#172943 - Mon Dec 22 2003 10:41 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
lothruin Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Nebraska USA
Oh my, so many many songs annoy me.. I'm rather fond of the Edmund Fitzgerald song, but I too am fond of ballads.

But I am thoroughly annoyed by Slim Shady and everything else to come from that utterly slimey hack who enjoys being known as Eminem. (I'll put money on being annoyed by anything created by an adult who goes by something which isn't a name.)

Also, Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice, and even more annoying about that song is that my little sister loved it and played it over and over until the words were carved in stone in my brain, and I can still chant along with it when (if) it comes on the radio.

#172944 - Tue Dec 30 2003 10:08 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
LilSpikey Offline
Mainstay

Loc: North Carolina USA
ANY pop song, ANY rap song, ANY hiphop song, ANY song that's just supposed to be stupid. Enough said.

#172945 - Tue Dec 30 2003 09:23 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
BtVS404 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wisconsin USA
"Follow Me" (I think?) by Uncle Cracker (I think that is how you spell it?) Every time I hear it on the radio I cringe...
"Blue" I dont know who it's by or if that is even the name of the song, but it annoys me...It's got all this jibberish, I don't know what they're saying. It just bugs me so much! Argh!

#172946 - Wed Dec 31 2003 05:43 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
lothruin Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Nebraska USA
I have a new nominee for most annoying song.

I believe it is by someone called Kelis, and is something about her milkshakes, which I can only assume are not actual milkshakes, bringing all the boys to her yard. What a horrible song. So very horrible, I had to force myself to listen to the whole thing today just so I could get a complete picture of how horrible it was.

But perhaps more annoying than this song is this artist's website, at www.kelis.co.uk. It utilizes a color pink that no person should be subjected to, combined with sound effects snatched from simplistic online arcade games such as Diamond Mine, etc.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher