Rules
Terms of Use

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#172947 - Wed Dec 31 2003 11:34 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
Mysterious_Misty Offline
Enthusiast

What about that horrific song that's been playing on the radio the past two Christmases? It goes something like "Santa darling, hurry down the chimney tonight..." eeeech! Gives me the creeps.

Recently it even took over a Pier 1 commercial. I threw popcorn.

#172948 - Thu Jan 01 2004 01:55 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
lothruin Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Nebraska USA
I love the original version of Santa Baby. But the reason it has been overplayed the last two years it that Madonna did a remake. And that remake is positively abysmal.

#172949 - Thu Jan 01 2004 08:37 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Until a few hours ago, there was no major candidate for me, but having seen some of MTV's 100 worst pop videos ever, 'No way' by Vanilla (?) from 1997, performed in authentic East enders style by a group clearly financed by their indulgent parents has to be a classic in both annoyingness and a song that literally should have been destroyed before any performance was made possible. Anyone strong enough can check them out here.
Thanks to MTV for showing what total dross can actually make it onto the mass media. Also shown, and more psychotic than annoying was the magnificent 'Never get ahead' by Bobby Conn (???) from 1998. Not only was it diabolical, he also looked like someone from return of the evil dead but also appeared to have a heart attack at the end of performing the song.
Did anyone else see these, they were truly incredible.

Edited by satguru (Fri Jan 02 2004 08:34 PM)

#172950 - Thu Jan 01 2004 08:46 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Quote:

Christina Aguigerlera(I know I spelt it wrong)

I prefer it that way. Maybe that's what it was before.

#172951 - Sun Jan 11 2004 03:46 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
Catluver Offline
Explorer

Quote:

Anything AT ALL by the Chipmunks.

Aaaahhh...how sad
for I just love the chipmunks, they're so much fun and a great attention-grabber for children I think.

But anyways, most annoying song for me that I can think of would have to be Leann Rimes' "Blue." Possibly because it was just given way too much radio air-play and television video play, I don't know, but that song just gets on my nerves!

#172952 - Sun Feb 01 2004 01:32 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
live4trivia Offline
Prolific

Loc: Canada
There are anumber of songs that bug me right now. "Milshake" by Kellis. "Macarana" by someting El Rio anthything by Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Mandy Moore, and Beyonce. There is this one song by OutKast called "I like The Way You Move". Oh I can't stand that song. It is so annoying. There are more where that came from. I just have to think.

#172953 - Sun Feb 01 2004 02:21 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
live4trivia Offline
Prolific

Loc: Canada
I found some more: "Girlfriend" NSYNC, "I'm Like A Bird" Nelly Furtado, "5,6,7,8" by Steps, "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus, "Barbie Girl" by Aqua, "Candle In The Wind" by Elton John, "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" by Bryan Adams, "Fast Food Song" by The Fast Food Rockers
"Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny" by Bombalurina, and who couls forget: "Who Let The Dogs Out" by Baha Men. Once again, that is it for now.

#172954 - Sun Feb 01 2004 05:08 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
Exit10 Offline

Loc: Brisbane Queensland Australia
"Who Let the Dogs Out?" reminds me of a true story where someone played it at high volume in an area where there were a lot of dogs. Guess what started barking back at the radio?

#172955 - Sat Feb 14 2004 07:20 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
SuperFurryAnimal Offline
Prolific

Loc: Glasgow UK
I'm not sure if this counts, but the tune from the car advert that goes, "Zoom zoom zoom", is easily the most annoying peice of music I have ever heard. I'm not sure if it gets played outwith the UK, so if you have no idea what I'm talking about - count yourself very lucky!

And Indiechick, it's a damn shame that you can't appreciate the majesty of "The court of the crimson king". Proposterous it may be, but I can't help but smile a great big every time I hear it. Now, Emerson, Lake & Palmer.....that's a different story!

PS. Hello there folks! Feel free to congratulate me on my first PC in 2 years!

#172956 - Sat Feb 14 2004 08:06 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:

PS. Hello there folks! Feel free to congratulate me on my first PC in 2 years!

It has been a while! Welcome back SFA

#172957 - Mon Feb 16 2004 11:09 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
IndieQueen Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania USA
Welcome back, SFA, I was just wondering where you went.

I actually really like the lyrics to "Crimson King", the composition is great too, it just never ends. I played it once on my computer and I think it's still playing. I'm with you on ELP, they aren't high up on my list either.

#172958 - Mon Feb 16 2004 07:45 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
Tims_girl Offline
Participant

Loc: MO, USA
Most annoying song I ever heard was 'Picture' by Kid Rock and Sheryll Crow.

#172959 - Tue Feb 17 2004 09:51 AM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
loveoflearning Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Buffalo New York USA   
Fountains of Wayne and Stacy's Mom. That song is not only sick, but has an awful music video to go with it!

#172960 - Tue Feb 17 2004 05:39 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
rogue Offline
Mainstay

Quote:

Fountains of Wayne and Stacy's Mom. That song is not only sick, but has an awful music video to go with it!

It's not the song that's sick, no. Stacy knows the guy is using her to get to her mom but does nothing about it. You see, there's a second fellow (who the lyrics conveniently forget to mention) that likes Stacy but who Stacy won't notice as she's still fixated on the first fellow who's "in love" with her mom. The first fellow will eventually fall for a girl from a very rich family, Stacy's mom will marry someone from the office and Stacy will move off to live with her dad. The second fellow who actually loved Stacy will have the broken heart. Now that's sick, but that's life...for the second fellow, I mean...not saying that I'd know firsthand...

#172961 - Thu Feb 26 2004 03:23 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
traverse75 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan USA
"Stacy's Mom" is an annoying song, but how is it sick? Lots of guys have fantasies like that.

BTW my nominee for most annoying song of all time is "Fly" by Sugar Ray.

-attributed to Huey Long

#172962 - Thu Feb 26 2004 03:34 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
snm Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Israel
I'm sure you'd be happier if the song was "Stacey's Little Brother".

#172963 - Fri Feb 27 2004 08:26 PM Re: Most Annoying Song Ever
loveoflearning Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Buffalo New York USA   
Oh goodness, I'll take "Stacy's Mom" anyday over "Stacy's Litte Brother." I guess it's not that sick, but I didn't like the music video at all.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher