Rules
Terms of Use

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#225634 - Tue May 11 2004 02:13 AM Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Loc: Wisconsin USA
"Okay, okay, what's up with Joy that she keeps changing this title?" Asks Joy in the third person! Last time I promise!!! Just trying to keep you wondering! Share a high/low or low/high (to end on HIGH note!) of your day or other! :-} }

Welcome to the thread that keeps evolviing! Share a highlight of your day. (see below :0))

*changed title to reflect inclusion of all. Share your thoughts/feelings/how ya doing now?

I thought it'd be nice to have a good morning/good night thread. Just post how your day is starting or ending. :-) I started it with good night, because even though it's almost morning, I am ending my day!!

I wanted to say good night to all. It's been a good enought day. I barely got my laundry done (dried only what I needed to wear as it was 10 minutes to work!) and got to work on time. *smile*

The day was good. The day care kids listened to me. Even the little boy who resists listening on a whim! Now, I have surfed the net, here, my email account and a few inbetween. And I'd better be getting to bed!

Nite nite

Edited by JoyJoyJoy (Sun May 16 2004 11:00 PM)

#225635 - Tue May 11 2004 07:34 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
romeomikegolf Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Rothwell Northants England UK 
This could get confusing, we Brits are getting up when some of you are just going to bed. My day normally starts at around 5.30, so it needs coffee to kick start it. As tomorrow is a day off it will probably end with a few swift ones down the boozer.

Would the last person to leave the planet please turn off the lights.

#225636 - Tue May 11 2004 07:58 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

romeomikegolf, true we are all in different time zones. My idea for this thread was for anyone who wanted to could post either good morning or good night. Which ever pleased them at the moment.

If this idea isn't a good one, we don't have to do it. It was just a thought.

By the way, Gooooood morning. I stayed up way to late (story of my life) and now it's time to get going again. Will I ever learn? (I hope so!)

Join in if you like.

Edited by JoyJoyJoy (Tue May 11 2004 08:06 AM)

#225637 - Tue May 11 2004 08:05 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
moonchild Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: london
I think it is a cool idea!!! It's a bit like 'what ails you?' on the guardian talk boards...

Well I am having a really bad day as I had a meeting with my boss and I got grilled. I felt pretty lousy but it's my fault anyhow so I can't feel too sorry for myself. But I've decided to start looking for a job where I won't be so lonely and therefore I will feel like getting up for work in the first place..can I go home and hide now?

#225638 - Tue May 11 2004 08:45 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Yes, you may moonchild. I like your name here! And thank you for joining in.

By the way, I think you hit the nail on the head. This thread is about how the day is going morning, noon or night! OR inbetween!

How my day is: I'm still trying to wake up! It's working. I mean I'd rather be asleep!

Edited by JoyJoyJoy (Tue May 11 2004 08:51 AM)

#225639 - Tue May 11 2004 09:03 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
romeomikegolf Offline
Multiloquent

Hey Joyjoyjoy, who said it wasn't a good idea? It gets very lonely at the keyboard when you're the only one up.
By the way, good afternoon.

#225640 - Tue May 11 2004 09:11 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Thanks romeomikegolf! You didn't say it wasn't a good idea. I get worried that my ideas are silly or my posts get a bit crazy. Just me and my worries. emmmm Could that be a song? (there I go again!)

Good afternoon back! I have 55 minutes to afternoon ~as it's 11:05am here.

#225641 - Tue May 11 2004 09:14 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
Shel Offline
Explorer

Loc: Doha, Qatar
Ooh great! Now that's it been declared safe for 'in between' times, I can join in! I'm in Qatar so that means that I am not in synch with anyone in the UK, US or OZ. I had a good day at work today and tonight I'm off to the Ramada hotel for a comedy night which should be highly entertaining. The only problem is, I have to be at work at 7 am tomorrow so I doubt I'll be online for a 'good morning' session tomorrow! More likely 'good night' tomorrow, since tomorrow morning will be one big hungover mess!

#225642 - Tue May 11 2004 12:55 PM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Yeah Shel! You like comedy? Have you ever gotten up and told the jokes? As a kid I thought about this but now I know instead of being a comedian, I want to be a children's storytellor. Not so much different, other than the audience!

I am off to work! See all ya folks later. You all come back now. OH it's me leaving. Oh well. (I think that is from Hee Haw? emmm I don't know! I just tell the jokes, not research them!

#225643 - Tue May 11 2004 02:16 PM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
Shel Offline
Explorer

Hi there Joy! What a great name! I just got back from the comedy night and yes, it was highly entertaining. Don't ask me to repeat any of the jokes because I couldn't possible remember a single one. Isn't it strange how that's the way? Anyway, it's off to bed for me now and then work a few hours later. Night night!

#225644 - Tue May 11 2004 02:53 PM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
It's morning and it's cold - really cold. After summer I swore I would never ever be cold but it's bloody freezing.

#225645 - Tue May 11 2004 09:23 PM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Copago, it's freezing? I'll send you our humity. It was so humid and a bad hair day!

I just got home from work, 45 minutes early. So nice! It was a nice easy night. Now, I'm going to try to answer some threads and get to bed!

Good night all!

Edited by JoyJoyJoy (Tue May 11 2004 09:24 PM)

#225646 - Wed May 12 2004 12:44 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Now I am tired and cranky and want it to be the weekend! I am in a blah mood. Can't help it. Well, I could but I won't right now. sigh I should be alseep and I'm not. Right now I could play Grumpy in Snow White and the seven dwarfs!

Anyone else feeling this way?? (misery loves company!)

#225647 - Wed May 12 2004 12:54 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
treble99 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Yeovil
England UK         ...
Good Morning everyone! I've just got into work, I'm waiting for the printer to stop printing then I can do some work. It's so warm here already and it's only 8:46. Anyway best go and get on with some work, well in a minute .

#225648 - Wed May 12 2004 01:34 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
romeomikegolf Offline
Multiloquent

'Morning all. It's around 9.30 and a bit grey here in Oxford. As it's my day off I've had a bit of a lie in. Still got a busy day ahead though cleaning the patio and tidying up the garden. No rest for the wicked.

#225649 - Wed May 12 2004 02:35 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
Shel Offline
Explorer

Just back from work and I think I need a nap before the big spring clean begins. Yes, Joy, I do like comedy. It's quite rare that we have this kind of entertainment out here so they sell out really quickly. As for getting up and telling the jokes... not a chance! I'd be booed off stage PDQ I reckon. It's bad enough having to stand up in front of a class of 27 every day but adult... not a hope! Children's storytelling eh? That sounds very interesting. What kind of stories? Have you written any yet?

#225650 - Wed May 12 2004 08:05 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Good Morning all!

I am feeling a bit better. (see my above post) I think I had bad dreams. Since I can't remember them, they'll be back until I do. Ugh!

Shel, I'm glad you had fun at the comedy club. I wouldn't want to get up there either but with kids, that's different! Yes, I have written stories. Actually I create stories while I'm with the kids. One of the funniest ones was when I wanted to redirect the kids and calm them down. I cupped my hands as if I had something small in them. Then I asked if they knew what I had in my hands. When they asked what it was, I said, it's a surprise! We kept joking about it and then I'd tell one of the kids-whisper in their ear as if I am telling them whaat it is but instead of giving them the answer, I said it was a surprise. Finally all of the kids had been told it was a surprise and the last thing I said was It's A surprise and laughed! If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise! It was a surprise ending for me too! I don't know how my stories go, until I tell them. And I liked how that ended. It really emphazied what a surprise was.

Big spring clean, huh, Shel? Are you coming to clean my place? NOW that would be a Big clean!

#225651 - Wed May 12 2004 08:39 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
moonchild Offline
Enthusiast

Afternoon all. Its rather gray in Uxbridge too but it's not actually cold. I have only been at work for a couple of hours and I have spent that time rather productively looking for a new job (oops) I've just printed off an application form and I shall now proceed to fill it in...I'm feeling optimistic!

I've been doing lots of housework recently too!! Although that has more to do with the fact that we are moving soon rather than the fact that it's spring.

#225652 - Wed May 12 2004 08:42 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
Shel Offline
Explorer

I hate cleaning and clearing out, especially since I have to take all my rubbish downstairs from my apartment afterwards! Not a hope that I'll be over to clean your next, Joy!
Your stories sound like fun! I wish I had the imagination to make them up. I used to really enjoy creative writing as a youngster but being forced to write for school and college etc. took the fun out of it all I guess. Maybe this will return in the future but it's so hard to juggle everything when you're working, isn't it? Imagine, I don't even have kids yet! How will I find time to quiz then?!

#225653 - Wed May 12 2004 09:38 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
fjohn Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Wyoming USA Way Out West
I've just figured out that the time stamp on each post is MY local time, not the local time of the poster.
For example, Moonchild said that it was afternoon when she posted but my date stamp shows 0839. If I add 6 hours to correct for London time it is 1439 when she posted.

#225654 - Wed May 12 2004 09:53 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
moonchild Offline
Enthusiast

lol fjohn!!! I bet that was perplexing for a while! I think it was about 4 when I posted...I started my shift at 2pm. (Not that it matters of course...) Now it's 5.45 and I still have 4hours and 15minutes to go

#225655 - Wed May 12 2004 12:57 PM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

It's so cool to see the time differences here! If we wanted to share what time it is, that might be fun. Anyway you want. In the beginning, at the end, after your sign?

I am on the way to work. And only have 15 minutes! Have to finish ironing my blouse. And what am I doing?? Typing!! Awwww well, in a short 20 or so minutes I will be out in the play yard with the kids at the day care. Then I can relax!

Here I go, racing to work!
Bye for now!
Joy signing off at 2:49pm!

P.S. I am thinking of a coooooool chain thread. I think it'll be fun! Watch for it!!

#225656 - Wed May 12 2004 01:36 PM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
Shel Offline
Explorer

I'm off to bed now. It's 23.29 and I will just have a peep at AFT before getting the rest needed to deal with school at 7 am tomorrow. Night night!

#225657 - Wed May 12 2004 10:21 PM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
romeomikegolf Offline
Multiloquent

Good morning, it's 6.10am and the sky is looking a bit grey again, still it might get brighter later on. Got a full days work ahead of me, but then 3 days off. Right now i'm sitting here with my first cup of coffee watching the birds through the window, and looking at the hole in my new lawn that my dog decided to dig because we had to leave him for a couple of hours.

#225658 - Wed May 12 2004 11:10 PM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa *DELETED*
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Post deleted by JoyJoyJoy

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943