Terms of Use

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#225884 - Fri Apr 01 2005 10:44 PM Re: Good nite and good morning; high/ low of
DakotaNorth Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
Well, this is my first time I'm posting here. So I'll give a few of both:

One major highlight is, after a long waited 9 weeks, the last litter of kittens were born. The mother, who was caught on January 21, gave birth to two gorgeous orange and white kittens...one male and one felmale, on March 10.

Another highlight is I won an award for my poetry.

Another highlight is I am starting to write a book...and so far it's going great.

Another highlight is my boss has finely started to appreciate my hard work.

One of my lows is I have three cats already and can't keep the little boy kitten who is the most adorable.

Another low is my car mirror was hit and now has to be replaced. That's going to cost about $350.00

#225885 - Sat Apr 02 2005 08:59 AM Re: Good nite and good morning; high/ low of
beee Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Karlsruhe Germany
Quote:

Bee, does your library have internet access? Are there online (library subscribes) journals? Or at least an online catalog you could look up books and be ready when they open the door after break? I hope you find the books you need!

We have an online catalogue, so when the library opened at 9am on Tuesday I was there armed with a list of books, complete with their catalogue numbers so I knew exactly where to find them. I've since managed to get up to a total of 4,000 words on my dissertation

The high point of today is that my computer works!! It's been to my friend's house to be fixed and it's now home in perfect working order... and he managed to fix it without losing any of my files I had backed them all up anyway of course but it's a relief not to have to spend time putting them all back on.

The low point is that I haven't been able to get much work done over the last couple of days because my computer wasn't here. I'm planning to make up for that now though!

#225886 - Sat Apr 02 2005 10:38 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Today's high is actually evident on the left of this post. After my 5th anniversary here I decided to finally check if it was possible to correct my profile to show my original joining date which was due to opening a new account by mistake when I just wanted to change my profile details.

Well as you can see, thanks to our computer boffin gtho4, after working extremely hard, managed to alter my joining date to the actual one rather than my second registration date. Apparently my obsessive attention to detail comes from having Virgo rising, though I don't believe much in astrology...

#225887 - Sun Apr 03 2005 06:21 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Two highs in two days you may say? What's going on here? Well, today I met a spiritual teacher I'd first seen in October, Nick Roach. I was so impressed by his teaching I rang the radio and posted it here as he explained things I'd been studying for years in the first way I could truly understand them. Well, as a result of my radio call he was booked for a regular workshop near me, and today was the first. It was amazing to meet him after emailing for nearly 6 months, and we got on really well, and I learnt a lot more about both him and his teachings. I've posted the basics here on the religion board, and am happy to answer any questions about him there (all with his advance permission).

#225888 - Tue Apr 05 2005 11:10 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Ugh. My posts on here are always so odd but here we go with today:

I do have a high point (yesterday's, I guess). I'm finalizing my will - and that's not gloomy to do; it should all be written down. I left the bulk of my estate to the neighborhood guy who cuts my lawn in the summer. Why? Because he's there, I guess, and he cares. He's not a kid (forty-something, I'm learning). He's helped me so much. Not for 40 bucks a trip but just because he wants to help. Let me say that there aren't too many people who do that. Anyway, that's all mostly settled.

Low point of the day is being so tired. I'm running out of gas, folks. It just annoys me no end. I'm not suicidal, as many might rightly think here. I'm just so tired of being tired all the time. But, in the midst of all that there is our Sue! Much less weary than me, some days. She's facing everything with such a hearty spirit. I hope she's back on her feet soon (and I have no doubt she will be). No need to be afraid of anything, you know ?

A good day is wished to all. Mine'll be just fine. But I felt like posting. (Note: I really should avoid this thread ). Like a mouse smelling cheese, I think.

#225889 - Tue Apr 05 2005 06:15 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
SilverMoonsong Offline

Loc: Durham, North Carolina USA
My good news... I'm down 31 pounds so far... *wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

And, Gats... we will be there sometime around the last week of the month. Hubby's check is on the way, I just have to wait for one of our other managers to get back from his honeymoon and then we will be on our way. I'll let you know the dates as soon as we finalize them with the boss. Still up for company? We can stay for at least 2 days, maybe 3. Don't want to wear you out!

#225890 - Tue Apr 05 2005 06:44 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Palmer Alaska USA           
Hey folks. Long time no see. I've been extremely busy, well, that's a lie. I haven't been up to much recently. I'm taking the HSGQE(High School Graduation Qualifying Exam) this week. I'm amazed how simple it is.

High point of my day? The whole thing. I've had a lot of time to relax and think, look up at the stars, and wonder. Life has been good to me so far.

Yesterday had a rather nice high point, it seems I'm getting recognized in the field of technology. I recieved a rather official looking letter from Washington D.C. inviting me to the National Youth Leadership Forum for technology. Apparently, it's quite an honor to be selected.

I hope you are all doing excellently and continue to do so,
-boringkid14

#225891 - Thu Apr 07 2005 09:51 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
That is fine news, BK! You ought to be really pleased about your hard - won grades and the chance to go to DC for the Youth Forums. Believe me, it's a big deal. My oldest daughter will be involved in something a little like that next summer at Duke. She is excited, because her cousin from Little Rock has also been invited.

Meanwhile, back here in the present April drizzle, I am once more fighting off a cold, and I am due to start on another mural tomorrow, if I can. What is wrong with me? it seems my immune system has really taken a dive, here lately. Plus some other odd things happening with my health that don't make sense.

I look forward to feeling better if it will just stop raining all the time. I, like everybody else, have a lot to catch up on!

#225892 - Thu Apr 07 2005 05:21 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Oh, ktstew! You're scaring me a bit. Deja vu, I guess. Moms say drink milk and take your vitamins and nothing bad will happen. Gats says 'take antibiotics'. Keep that immune system going where possible.

And BK - please alter your name. Nothing "boring" about you. You matter around here now. You lost the 'slippery' parts a long time ago. I don't know now what my high/low points are! "Survivor" tonight. That's a high. Low point? There's this huge truck parked in my yard with a snow plow attached. My little allowance to my lawn guy for the season so he doesn't jack up my rates this year. Yikes, now I store vehicles.

SilverMoonsong - no sweat. I can't seem to get to the store right now (which may complicate things) but we'll work all that out. And you can stay a week if you want to!

#225893 - Thu Apr 07 2005 06:57 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
SilverMoonsong Offline

Loc: Durham, North Carolina USA
gats, if we have to, I'LL take you to the store when we get there. Don't sweat the small stuff.

#225894 - Thu Apr 07 2005 07:00 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

And BK - please alter your name. Nothing "boring" about you. You matter around here now. You lost the 'slippery' parts a long time ago.

Thank you Gatsby! I appreciate that compliment. I think I will applay for a name change. I think I'll use...DLHenry(my first two initials and my last name)...that sounds a little better, eh?

#225895 - Thu Apr 07 2005 07:11 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
Good for you, non - BK! It's time you started getting the respect you deserve.

#225896 - Thu Apr 07 2005 07:12 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

Good for you, non - BK! It's time you started getting the respect you deserve.

Thanks. By the way...nice to meet you ktstew!

#225897 - Fri Apr 08 2005 03:35 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

I noticed the new name Daniel- you did the same as I used to be in Ask, until I lost track and used the same one for both. If anyone remembers David Howard from long long ago I'll be truly amazed.

#225898 - Sat Apr 16 2005 11:07 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Nemesis Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Manchester
England UK     
DLHenry Im assuming by Satguru's post your first name Daniel, It's odd, I think you have the same initials as my friend

anyway High point - My tongue swellings gone done

Low point _ I gotta go out and socilise meaning lots of talking, I'm feeling slighty queezy and I don't like not eating solid food! lol

Edited to add: Another low point... How come everytime your going out do you realize that all your tights have holes/ladders in them

Edited by Nemesis (Sat Apr 16 2005 11:17 AM)

#225899 - Sat Apr 16 2005 12:22 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

Ah, solid food. Such a good thing. I wasn't able to eat it for four weeks because after they pulled my wisdom teeth, they didn't heal correctly. Those four weeks were terrible...

Anyways, today has just begun, so no lows as of yet. I got a good night of sleep, so I'm rested and ready to take on the day!

-Daniel

#225900 - Sat Apr 16 2005 05:01 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Nemesis Offline
Enthusiast

England UK     
My swelling as some know is caused by own doing, I've just had my tongue peirced.

#225901 - Sun Apr 17 2005 06:15 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

My swelling as some know is caused by own doing, I've just had my tongue peirced.

I remember you from the thread you talked about your tongue piercing in.

#225902 - Mon Apr 18 2005 02:06 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Nemesis Offline
Enthusiast

England UK     
Woo,
High Point - I'm on solid food! Swellings all gone and the brusing is going also. (bet you didn't know tongue could bruise!)

Low Point - Erm, I overslept and missed my lecture(s)

#225903 - Tue Apr 19 2005 08:39 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

The coronation of satguru took place at 3.45PM today!

Yes, after 4 visits, my crown has now finally been fitted and I've finished with the dentist!!

I now have 3 gold crowns (and many more in white) and unless something else falls off I won't need to go again for 6 months- hooray!

#225904 - Wed Apr 27 2005 01:46 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
I liked roos's story much better than this (read that story - it's great). I really have no high or low point for the day to add. I'm in serious trouble now! Why is it that people don't teach their kids how to die? They teach them to get through the other stuff. Maybe the dying part is just too gloomy. But, I'll tell you now, it is just part of the path. I don't want to die. I don't want to pay taxes, either. I don't want to be sick anymore. I don't want to ever lay down any of my books. I don't want to dismiss anyone unless they get a shot (and screw it up). I don't want to live emptily. I just 'don't' a lot. But I 'do' sometimes. Just rolling on...

I just got a grip on that not all is not onto what I'm talking about. Sorry.

Edited by gatsby722 (Wed Apr 27 2005 02:05 PM)

#225905 - Wed Apr 27 2005 02:09 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
I can't imagine how it must feel Gats, but you'll got a lot of friends here, and they are all thinking of you.

#225906 - Wed Apr 27 2005 02:48 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Rooting for you Dave.

#225907 - Sun May 08 2005 01:01 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Yikes. I sat here all day wondering if somebody would show up - and they are going to. I get to go to the grocery store tomorrow. Somebody's going to help me! Haven't been in one for two years. I hope I don't fall down. My struggle is struggled. At least I know that, this time, somebody is there to catch me. I need a ton of stuff. Anyone like stuffed peppers? Come to my house as they will be on the stove pretty quick, once I get all the ingredients. It'll smell really great in here once I get going. Trust me, better than the smells you normally find in my house these days.

Good things for today? There are some. My friend's tumor has stopped growing. I talked to an old friend to wish her a Happy Birthday. She'll turn 91 in a few days. Imagine that? She can't believe her age and neither can the rest of us. A beauty queen in the roaring 20s? Life is an amazing adventure.

#225908 - Sun May 08 2005 02:57 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Good luck on the trip to the grocery store, probably quite daunting for you but knowing you it will be a success (even only with help) and we look forward to haering about it when you get back - mind you get some beef jerky for me.

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943