Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#225659 - Thu May 13 2004 12:50 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
moonchild Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: london
Morning....I am sleepy. I can be forgiven though as I did a late shift last night, got home and did an hours housework, went to bed at 1am and got up at 6am to the sound of the alarm...and here I am back at work. Zzzzzzz

The weather is lovely though and the sun is shining through my office windows. Have a good day everyone...

#225660 - Thu May 13 2004 01:22 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
treble99 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Yeovil
England UK         ...
Morning everyone! It's now 9:11 here and I'm also very very sleepy, at least I have tomorrow off (yey) then it's the weekend so more time off (yey). It's very grey in the westcounty this morning but it's still kind of warm. I've just been handed a huge pile of paperwork too keep me busy for the morning, then I have to fix the label making softwear (like I know how to do that, I broke it in the first place), then I have to talk to the boy we have on work experence about some of our products.

#225661 - Fri May 14 2004 12:27 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
romeomikegolf Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Rothwell Northants England UK 
Gooooood morning. Its 8.15 and the birds are singing , the sun is shining, and I've got 3 days off. I've just spent 10 minutes or so trying to find my way around the new front page. I wish we had been given a bit of notice about the change, it takes me so long to wake up and get the sleep from my eyes, I thought I'd logged on to a different site by mistake.

Would the last person to leave the planet please turn off the lights.

#225662 - Fri May 14 2004 12:53 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Loc: Wisconsin USA
Hello! I've just gotten home about 2 hours ago/ going on 3 from work (it's 2:30am here). Wow, a new front page? I haven't gone to see it. My day was absolutely wonderful! I've been at my job for just over two months. I've felt very comfortable from day one and had lots of success with the kids.

But today it all just clicked. I felt more settled in and comfortable. It was wonderful! I felt free to relax instead of thinking, what do I need to be doing?? Story time went great. Yipeee!

Oh and it was pay day today. Maybe that has something to do with my great great great day!

Until later!

#225663 - Fri May 14 2004 05:05 PM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
romeomikegolf Offline
Multiloquent

12.55 am, to all a good night.

#225664 - Sat May 15 2004 07:41 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Goooooood Morning! I am so excited! Could you tell? I want to share with you a sweet morning! I decided to buy my co-teacher some flowers. She had a busy week and she has to come in today to finish making the schedules (so, the teachers will know when the kids are coming in at the daycare). I wanted to cheer her up. On the way home I stopped a three garage/rummage sales. What finds I found!

First, I found a big comfy chair. I've wanted one for a long time. It cost 10 dollars!

Second, I found dolls for the daycare. I'll use these (about 20 of them) for an interest center in my room. (each week we have a different interest center). Plus I found four dolls with faces that express sadness, anger, happiness and JOY! Great for my story telling!

Third but really the best find! At the third stop I found a story Gorilla! HA When I go out storytelling I want to have a prop that I start off with to get the kids attention. This gorilla's hands move up and down-very easy to maniulate. Plus he has this cute red shirt that says I love Hawaii. I will tell the kids he tried to get me to decide he was my storytelling Gorilla-that I didn't need a storytelling bear, like I was looking for. He will tell the kids his shirt says I love storytelling. OF course I will ask the kids if that is what it says!

How cool is this?? Finding story telling props, dolls and a comfy chair! Plus, the lady at the house told me she bought the gorilla in Hawaii and I will add her to my story! He is a true Hawaiian I will tell them and I adopted him!

Joy
Oh and Storytelling Gorilla was FREE! Even better!

Tell a highlight of your week/month/life! :-))))

#225665 - Sat May 15 2004 09:21 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
A highlight, that's a challenge... especially after the week I had that stopped me posting on this thread as I didn't want to be labelled for moaning! So now you've inspired me to think of something positive and I won't leave till I have.

Let's see... OK, here's one, I remember queuing up 20 years ago (you did say in your life) for my degree results, seeing the list and thinking 'I'm not there', and then seeing a second page with the 'H' and beyond surnames on it. And I got quite a good grade as well! I went to my Grandparents, and my Grandpa said "Well done. Now when are you going to get your hair cut?" and he was serious!

Another (even longer ago) was when I met a girl on holiday who stopped talking to me for no apparent reason. I was at a friend's house worrying about it, and decided to phone her that day, and I phoned home and was told there was a message from her, and she became my first girlfriend. Never have I been so relieved as when I got that message! It turned out her friend was jealous and told her not to talk to me!

#225666 - Sat May 15 2004 09:33 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

satguru, you can share your bad days with us! Moaning is okay! I think your grandparents attiude of "when are you going to cut your hair, is typical of their generation.

When I was in college I spent the summer at my grandmothers. I was going to a pool party and my grandma didn't want me to wear shorts! LoL I tried to reason with her but in the end I wore jeans and put my shorts in my purse. I love her and think of this memory fondly!

#225667 - Sat May 15 2004 09:40 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

A bit more on stuffed animal-Storytelling Gorilla

I went back to the garage sale and asked the lady why she was giving the gorilla away free. She said she wanted him to go to a nice home and that he was very loved. Her name is Dianne. Dianne with two Ns she said. And yes, she did get him in Hawaii 18 years ago.

I have the opening story for my storytelling gigs! *smile*

Edited by JoyJoyJoy (Sat May 15 2004 12:45 PM)

#225668 - Sat May 15 2004 01:46 PM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Personal highlight of this year is doing a computer course at a local college - I have learned more about computers since I left school than I ever did in school...and the fun part is that I'm still learning!! Also rediscovering Chess, Cluedo and Scrabble this week!

#225669 - Sat May 15 2004 05:47 PM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

That is so cool JM Can I call you JM? Isn't school more fun now than when we were a kid?

#225670 - Sun May 16 2004 02:29 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
romeomikegolf Offline
Multiloquent

'Morning all. 10.20 on a gloriously sunny sunday morning. Highlight of the week?
Well, my eldest daughter is coming to visit her poor old dad for a few hours.

#225671 - Sun May 16 2004 03:56 AM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Yes, you are treated more like a adult in college!

#225672 - Sun May 16 2004 10:41 PM Re: Good night and good morning thread or vice versa
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

It is 12:30am here and I should be asleep! My weekend has been pretty good. I thought I'd share my high and low of the day/weekend.

Low: missplacing my checkbook (and I'm not going to tell you I found it in the fridge! In my defense: it was in my grocery plastic bag! Noooow, are you going to ask me why my plastic bag was in there? Nope, didn't think so!)

High: The warm sunny weather!

What is your high/low or low/high (end on a positive note!)

#225673 - Wed May 19 2004 07:20 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

It's just gone 3am, I'm about to go to bed. I've decided to cut down on the very late nights as I was starting to miss things the next day (but the chat room seems to be down tonight so it was a bit easier to switch off ).

Very warm and sunny today, for a change. Spent most of the day on my old patch, in East Finchley (I'm sure at least one other reader will know where that is) otherwise a look
right here will do wonders for its publicity. I even used the Iceland supermarket there for the first time in about the 12 years since I moved away (located right opposite the shops in the photo). I have a fairly free day tomorrow, and hope something nice will happen on my little list of possibles.

Edited by satguru (Wed May 19 2004 07:34 PM)

#225674 - Tue May 25 2004 01:12 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

I just wanted to say good night to all the FT members. It's been kind of a boring day. (What else are Mondays for anyway?) I am glad I am able to come here and 'hear' your comments!

I've been 'traveling' around the forum a little more now after being fully inthralled with the chain games! And I can see I greatly under-estimated what is here!! I am enjoying the family car thread in memories. And the issues in CI are catching my attention. LoL Especially the Santa thread. (and others too)

This is a great place to hang around. But I'm not saying anything you didn't know!

Joy
P.S. Satguru, I enjoyed your the link to East Finchley. Thanks!

#225675 - Fri May 28 2004 03:42 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

News from North London.

A mixed day of high and lowlights. After a dream a few years ago of having a neon shop sign in my room, I finally found a decent one in a mall while looking for totally different things, it has 5 colours in it and wasn't too expensive.

Otherwise, the 'little issue' I've been troubled by for some weeks now (the female sort) rang this morning to say she could come and see me after work . Then she rang again to say she couldn't make it.
If anything ever happens of a positive nature on that front, I'll add it here.

Finally Big Brother UK 5 started tonight, 10 weeks on most of the day and night (I have cable) but there will never be another Jon Tickle. Only one Jon Tickle (and satguru) come in a lifetime !

Edited by satguru (Sat May 29 2004 09:53 AM)

#225676 - Sun May 30 2004 07:01 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

satguru, sorry things aren't progressin like you wish with your friend. It reminds me of a song Only Time by Enya.

In part it says...

Who can say
where the road goes
where the day flows
- only time
And who can say
if your love grows
as your heart chose
- only time
(enya)

We never know what tomorrow brings. Be patient. How did you do on your list of things you needed to complete?

Low of the week: Realizing I'd missed the deadline for taking at test while it was in the biginning stages (and scores would not count!) But I've got over that, shared about that here already. Still, it's on my mind!

High of the week: Having good friends, a friend I worked with four years ago and her husband, surprise me with a visit! We went out to dinner and had a great time. We seemed to just pick up where we left off a year ago when I went to visit them!

Edited by JoyJoyJoy (Sun May 30 2004 07:03 PM)

#225677 - Sun May 30 2004 09:33 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Chris1013 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SW London
England UK
hey everyone.
I neglected the forums a bit in the last couple of weeks and spent more time over in Quizzyland. I just discovered this thread. It's a great idea, Joy, thanks.
Well, I guess I'll have to say "good afternoon" from Oz and I wish you all a great week!!!
I am just recovering from a lousy weekend (boy trouble and hangover. That's not a good combination, believe me ), but at least the sun is shining today, so that helps a lot

#225678 - Sun May 30 2004 10:48 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Hi Chris!

Nice to meet you! Hope you have a better week.

Editing to say:
Guess I should call it a night. I recently read an article about sleep deprevation. It talked about how we cut our lifes short by not getting enough sleep. That our bodies need that sleep time. As one of my kids at the day care would say: "I know that!" It did mention that recovery is fast for those who mend their ways. There is hope after all! HAAAA

Good night!
Sleep tight!Ddon't let the bed bugs bite!
If they do, hit 'em over the head
with your shoe and make them skidoo!

(My Grandma, age 96, used to tell me that all the time! )

Edited by JoyJoyJoy (Sun May 30 2004 11:17 PM)

#225679 - Tue Jun 01 2004 08:40 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Well, things are more complicated than before, but a mystery is solved as a result. I like sharing here, it really helps, but as 'walls have ears' or whatever the internet version of that is, I shouldn't say too much about my 'issue'. The early stages of paranoia are clearly setting in, but as I like 'unloading', I've had to balance that over time with a bit of discretion 'just in case', as my friend knows I post here and I wouldn't want to say anything that may appear out of order...

Otherwise my computer is now OK, though I know my mainly obsolete documents are now the internet equivalent of cremated, and I don't even have the remains in an urn
My favourite programme Big Brother is back for another 10 weeks, so I may not be on the computer as much as usual, and I'm using the occasionally better weather (not today though) to do various jobs outside in the garden and garage.

Whatever risks may be involved charting my progress in public, I still feel a lot better doing it, and the support I always get here means one way or another I always will, however many points I may have to skip over in the name of discretion

#225680 - Tue Jun 01 2004 11:58 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Just popping in to say night all. Glad a busy day, busy kids, busy all-day is done!

#225681 - Wed Jun 02 2004 07:54 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Chris1013 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SW London
England UK
Good night from me too.
I sleep so much lately, itīs unbelievable...

#225682 - Wed Jun 02 2004 08:31 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Personal high for me - one of my nieces passing her driving test!

#225683 - Wed Jun 09 2004 06:46 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Time this thread got some action!

Just off to bed, the low point is the conclusion of my 'running issue' on this thread, which has stopped running and is with my documents in the virtual graveyard. But I'm OK, whoever writes these scripts in life has a sense of humour I often don't understand for many years after the event, but would certainly have made a darn good film.
To say life in Kingsbury has been a clone of Dawson's Creek for the past month wouldn't be that far from the reality. And when Dawson and Pacey both lost the girls and all their money I was up there with them (except I do take care of my money).

I have now requested the scriptwriter to put me in a new series and hopefully make this one a comedy rather than a drama

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943