Rules
Terms of Use

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#225684 - Wed Jun 09 2004 10:03 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
romeomikegolf Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Rothwell Northants England†UK†
'Morning all. It's 5.50am here in the Uk, the birds are singing, the sun is up, and I've got to go to wor. Just doing a bit of board admin before the wife gets up. She says I spend too much time at the keyboard, so I cheat and do it when she's still in bed.

Would the last person to leave the planet please turn off the lights.

#225685 - Thu Jun 10 2004 12:21 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel†Islands††††
Does 5.30am really exist? I thought it was just a number on the clock to fill in the spaces.

#225686 - Thu Jun 10 2004 04:22 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
So did I Sue!

#225687 - Fri Jun 11 2004 09:53 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
Up at 5 a.m. (another insomniac). Make a cup of coffee, turn on the 'puter to look into FunTrivia and a couple of computer forums. Turn on the TV for the BBC news. Go and examine the new garden feature I recently erected. Make sure the plants put there to grow over it are doing OK. Make a cup of tea when Mrs. TW wakes up ...maybe talk about the things read on the forums.

11.00 a.m. go rough riding over the hills on the mountain bike with my brother. 1.40 p.m. lunch in the park. 2.00 p.m. cycle to the Rose and Thistle. Phone Mrs TW to see that all is well. 4 p.m. arrive home, look in here and make a couple of posts ...a synopsis of the day so far.

#225688 - Sun Jun 13 2004 12:44 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Loc: Wisconsin USA
tellywellies,

Your garden is beautiful! I also like to bike. I want to bike and swim this summer. So far I've only ridden my bike once and swam twice. I guess that's a start!

You day is about over when I start mine (not withstanding the time difference!) I start my job at the daycare at 3:15 pm. I love to sleep in! Or stay up late and then sleep in!

It's just after 2:30 am here. Guess it's time to say good night all!

Or as George Burns said...

Night Gracie!

#225689 - Sun Jun 13 2004 09:53 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
Quote:

So far I've only ridden my bike once and swam twice.

It's hard to get motivated when it comes to exercise. If you can go out with a friend it helps. Otherwise it can be a bit of a lonely pastime. I go out with my brother. Neither of us want to go out in the winter sometimes. The weather might be dismal but we act like a prod to each other to get out on the bikes and keep fit. About the only time the rides get called off is when it's raining constantly.

I'm a poor swimmer. OK so long as I can get my feet to the bottom.

#225690 - Sun Jun 13 2004 11:19 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: at the computer
1:13 am here ...... I guess I should be going to bed, but I actually have a day off work tomorrow (well, today now) so I can sleep in if I want. I used to be able to stay up half the night and sleep in every day with my old job, but those days are long gone. I'm a night owl at heart, and really miss the days of being able to stay up.
Then extract your wisdom teeth." [/color]

#225691 - Sun Jun 13 2004 11:24 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:

RMG wrote - I've got to go to wor.

Yeah, I can never say it properly either.

#225692 - Tue Jun 15 2004 01:13 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Today was a hard day. We had new three year-olds at the daycare today. (The fours moved to the next room) and I needed to be more hands on with the kids. That meant being close at hand to show the kids how to play. ie to not throw toys, to not hit others, to not eat scissors(!), etc... So, very tiring to keep redirecting and trying not to say no too much.

Then too, it's a Monday and everyone was tired. I came in and spoke two seconds with my boss. She leaves soon after I arrive and I feel we never talk. That's really okay but today I needed to connect and I didn't really have the chance. It was completely kids, kids, kids today. No real conversation with anyone.

Finally at the end of the day, one of my parents was so kind. We chatted a bit and she noticed I had a cold and under the weather. And she kindly said for me to get rest tonight. I finally had a connection today but it was so short.

And then, I came home to a empty apartment. sigh That's okay but I was so tired and wanted to sleep right away but I was too restless. So, here I am up again, sleepy but not sleeping. Wishing I could just be my own comfort zone. Not really knowing how to do that, most of the time.

I'd go post but I just don't have the energy to do so.

#225693 - Tue Jun 15 2004 02:40 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

It's 4:30 AM . I had trouble falling asleep last night so it was after 1 when I got to sleep. I woke up at 3:00 to find the power out - so my clock was messed up. I figured I would wait until the power was back on, reset my clock and reset the alarm. I usually get up at 5:15 when I have to go into work early, but today I was going to get up at 4:45. When the power came back on at 4, I really didn't see much need to go back to bed for only 45 minutes. Something tells me it is going to be a LONG day.

#225694 - Tue Jun 15 2004 05:13 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

I hope that your day gets better Joy and Babymoo! I did a important typing exam today, and I think it went well too! Find out in about two or three months!

#225695 - Tue Jun 15 2004 05:42 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London†UK†††††††††††
Wow, Joy, you start work at 3.15 pm? Can someone find me a job like that? I've just got up at (oh dear, now I have to admit it) 1.20pm. I've always tended to stay up if I can, and my last (regular) job which ended some years ago allowed me some width by starting at 11am (especially as I had no lunch break so I could come in later!). I did eat, but while I was working.
After that ended, clients for counselling tend to come after work, so once I got the computer I'd use it at night (in those days it shared the phone line, and was also originally cheaper after 6pm as well) which made me start it late. Now I just do it because I can, and as I don't pay per minute any more I tend to get hooked.
Empty apartment? Tell me about it! I've been coming back to an empty house for longer than I'd care to remember- the one thing in life we can't control is the wishes of other people, and no one ever wished to live here with me (that I wanted to, anyway!).

#225696 - Tue Jun 15 2004 05:52 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Moo Offline
Forum Champion

Quote:

I hope that your day gets better Joy and Babymoo!

Thanks! Unfortunately, it was a Murphy's law kind of day. But eventually, quitting time came along and things improved. Tomorrow will be better.

I hope you'll be pleased with the results of your exam when you get them back.

#225697 - Tue Jun 15 2004 10:30 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Thanks Jane for wishing us well! Two or three months is a long time to wait for the test results! What kind of typing test was it?

satguru, yes, starting at 3:15 pm is wonderful. Getting up after 1 pm is fun! I won't have that luxury in fall when I am back in school! I almost took a class this summer but I would have had to be at school at 7:30 am! TOo early!

I am feeling better. Today started off just as stressful as Monday. But I got to go home three hours early. I went swimming at my apartment's pool. Then I went shopping. I bought a CD storage box for the kids music I have. It's for work but it will also be useful in my classroom when I become a teacher. (a year a half from now. )

Now, I'm going to try to get to sleep!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Joy

Edited by JoyJoyJoy (Tue Jun 15 2004 10:42 PM)

#225698 - Wed Jun 16 2004 03:51 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Thanks for your good wishes. It not for a job or anything, but when you do these typing exans, you get a certificate. It is very enjoyable indeed!

#225699 - Wed Jun 16 2004 03:59 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Learning for yourself is the best kind of learning! I just was wondering why it will take several months for you to get the results back.

#225700 - Wed Jun 16 2004 04:03 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Well it has to be sent off to be checked over, I know it takes over four weeks, It all depends how quick the examiners mark them! I love it though when a pink card drops through the letterbox to say that I have a ceritficate to collect!!
I am also learning Powerpoint too!

#225701 - Thu Jun 17 2004 12:31 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
Chris1013 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SW London
England†UK
Quote:

I am also learning Powerpoint too!

Good on ya, JaneMarple.
I used PowerPoint for the first time last week for an oral presentation. It was quite basic, but I was really proud of it.

#225702 - Thu Jun 17 2004 03:46 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

I am finding Powerpoint intersting....complicated but intersting!

#225703 - Thu Jun 17 2004 11:20 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Palmer Alaska†USA†††††††††††
Good morning everybody, it's 10:27 am here, hope you don't mind me joining your little "circle". I'm just workin on the UAF ASRA (University of Alaska Fairbanks---Alaska Summer Research Academy) website, oh, and good luck on the exam Jane, hope you get good results.

Edited to remove link and request for feedback on another site.

Edited by sue943 (Fri Jun 18 2004 12:22 AM)

#225704 - Thu Jun 17 2004 11:26 AM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Welcome Theoryman!

Nice to have you join us for sure! It's 1:21 here and I've got to get ready for work in an hour. I am so spoiled in starting in the afternoon!

I'm tired and I think it's going to be a long night. That's okay. My mood has improved 167 % Heheheee And that's a good thing!

Have a super day everyone and leave the light on for me...it's dark at 11:30 pm. Had you noticed that?

Joy

#225705 - Thu Jun 17 2004 04:09 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

We like lots of new people in all the circles here, Theoryman

I've had a busy work day today, my supervision (counselling on my work) first, followed by 2 clients when I got home, and in between cut the grass (front garden, anyway) and saw 2/3 of the England football match, though I missed the last 2 goals as I was working, and then realised the US Open golf was on while I was otherwise engaged, which will be on here all day tomorrow. I have to pay £12 a month to watch all the sport which was removed from our normal TV screens over 10 years ago, and do wonder how we can both pay for a TV licence and then pay far more again to watch what used to be included in it. One or the other, but not both!

PS I am seriously considering asking Terry for a singles forum!

#225706 - Thu Jun 17 2004 04:11 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

That probably wouldn't be such a good idea, as it might draw unwanted posts with profanity or such sorts of things.

#225707 - Thu Jun 17 2004 06:09 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

I know it's only a dream, but moderators are the white cells of funtrivia, mopping up all that sort of thing already, though I agree you may need as many for that one forum than all the others together. But you can have a private forum that needs a password so members have to apply for approval, though I don't think they've ever used one here, the option exists. Plus it changes every so often so anyone booted will stay booted. Plus all replies would be done in private which would keep the 'element' at bay. I've learnt my theory on this!
And I'd certainly accept the job to moderate if it was ever required, it's the least I could do under such circumstances considering it was my idea to start with But before anyone says something, I know it's not in the catchment area of Funtrivia, but as I said, it's just a nice dream and I can see many matches made in cyberspace if it could exist as we all share a common interest in the world and expressing ourselves about it. We're a rare bunch, I've found!

#225708 - Thu Jun 17 2004 09:38 PM Re: Good nite and good morning & high/ low of day!
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

We are a rare bunch, and it is a good idea. I personally have no problem with it at all.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943