Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#239800 - Tue Aug 17 2004 06:10 AM Xbox or PS2?
monkey774 Offline
Explorer

In one of the recent xbox magazines their was a chart that showed xbox sales 52%, PS2 31%, and Gamecube 17%. Xbox has better graphics, not as many games but better games, xbox live, installed saving system, and it can run dvds and cds.

#239801 - Tue Aug 17 2004 11:22 AM Re: Xbox or PS2?
jonimacaroni Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario Canada
I wish I'd known about the installed saving system before my son bought the PS2 with his birthday money. The price of memory cards isn't cheap. We have a NGC, but he wanted the PS2 because of the larger selection of games. As a Mum, I'm not too pleased with some of the games due to the violence, blood and don't those game designers ever dress the female characters in anything that doesn't look like it came off the beach in Brazil? My daughter wants to get an Xbox. How are the games for that system?
The rule here is for every hour playing video games, they have to spend an hour outside. At this rate they'll both be myopic, but fit.

#239802 - Tue Aug 17 2004 07:10 PM Re: Xbox or PS2?
monkey774 Offline
Explorer

I'd suggest the Xbox for kind of older kids, because a lot of the games are violent and rated M, but not all. I have had Xbox a long time and only have 2 M games out of my 20. But if youre daughter is younger (10 and under) Id suggest a Gamecube, because theyre games are more kid friendly. I hope this helps.

#239803 - Tue Sep 28 2004 06:01 AM Re: Xbox or PS2?
Sypher Offline

Loc: East London
England UK    
Out of the two machines (Xbox & PS2), the Xbox is a far superior machine in specs and games. It is also cheaper (in the UK) than the PS2 (nice little price war going on).

Games for both machines vary but the biggest non violent games are on the Xbox. Saying that, can you say that any game is non violent unless it is Trivial Pursuit.

Moderator:  ozzz2002