Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#244807 - Sat Oct 09 2004 06:23 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
lothruin Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Nebraska USA
Round 9

Quote:

1. One of the products marketed in the US under the Huggies brand name. (Please list only the product itself, and do not specify one of the specific packaging options. For instance, list a type of baby wipe only, and not ABC Baby Wipe Travel Pack.)
2. One of the titles featured in "The Serendipty Collection" by Stephen Cosgrove and Robin James
3. One of the actors portraying a Mercury astronaut in the movie, The Right Stuff
4. One of the retired Ty Basket Beanies
5. One of the tracks off Brave Life by Jumpin' Kate and the Armenians

Question 5 is quite obscure as far as general knowledge goes. I'm probably the only one among us who's ever heard of Jumpin' Kate and the Armenians, and that's because I WAS one. However, like all the other questions, the answers are readily available online, and I've been told I need to be better at self promotion, so... Hope you all don't mind my shameless plug.

#244808 - Sat Oct 09 2004 06:48 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Here are Sunday's questions:

Quote:

ROUND 10

1 A recipient of the Victoria Cross who was the brother of another VC recipient (one brother will suffice; if you mention both, I'll count the first as your answer)

2 A recipient of the Dickin Medal other than a dog

3 A novel (not a short story) by Dorothy L. Sayers featuring Lord Peter Wimsey

4 An actor or actress whose first name begins with the letter Z. Please give one acting credit.

5 A river in Spain

#244809 - Mon Oct 11 2004 12:05 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
ElfTwinkle Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Crazy Canuck   
Round 11 - Mon., Oct. 11th

Quote:

Name:

1) A character in the comic strip Blondie whose last name is NOT Bumstead

2) A city that is home to a CFL/Canadian Football League team

3) Song from the See The Light album by The Jeff Healey Band

4) A number between 1 and 10

5) An independent country that has a flag that has ONLY the colours blue and white on it

Round 11 will close in roughly 48 hours on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning .

Good Luck and Have Fun!

#244810 - Mon Oct 11 2004 06:07 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
lothruin Offline
Multiloquent

Round 9 is now closed. Results soon. (I promise!)

#244811 - Mon Oct 11 2004 10:05 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
LeoDaVinci Offline

Quote:

Round XII - The Tuesday Questions

Tuesday October 12th.

This round I was fascinated with Switzerland, so all of my questions are from interesting info I found on this Central European country. The Swiss are extremely rich, their banking in world-famous for its tight-lipped policy, it is a country notorious in its neutrality, and for putting holes in cheese.

The questions:

Question I: Name a country bordering Switzerland...
Question II: Switzerland is divided into 26 cantons. Each canton has its own capital, name one of those capitals that begins with an 'S'...
Question III: Switzerland is also famous for its Swiss Army knife, of which Victorinox was the first manufacturer. Name one of the features on the Victorinox Swiss Soldier knife...
Question IV: Switzerland also has a very unique political system. Name a political party that is represented by more than one seat in the Swiss National Council...
Question V: Another thing the Swiss are good at is keeping time. The trains come and go precisely on schedule, stores open and close on time, etc. There are a great many Swiss watch companies. Name a company that manufactures Swiss watches that begins with a T...

For a bonus 5 points: The Patron Saint of Switzerland is Nicholas von Flüe, aka Bruder Klaus the Hermit. He is considered the uniter of Switzerland, as the land was in a turmoil in his time, and his efforts as a peacemaker united the estranged cantons. Which was the first treaty he negotiated (preventing a major civil war), and in what year?

Good luck to all! Peace!

Edited by LeoDaVinci (Mon Oct 11 2004 10:29 PM)

#244812 - Tue Oct 12 2004 03:21 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
I am woefully late in posting these. Sorry it took so long!

Round 8 Results

1. Name A Track From Bowie's "The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars"

For 10 points:
Ziggy Stardust, Moonage Daydream, Changes, Andy Warhol

For 5 points:
It Ain't Easy (2), Suffragette City (2)

2. One Of The Dead At The End Of The Columbine High School Massacre

For 10 points:
Lauren Townsend, Kyle Velasquez, Kelly Fleming, Isaiah Sholes, William Sanders, Dylan Klebold ( to him)

For 5 points:
Corey DePooter (2)

3. An Administrative Division/District of Belize

For 10 points:
Stann Creek, Belize, Toledo

For 5 points:
Orange Walk (3), Corozal (2)

The only one not mentioned was Cayo.

4. One Of The College Friends In "The Big Chill"

For 10 points:
Sam, Harold, Meg

For 5 points:
Nick (3), Michael (2)

Sarah and Karen were other 'possibles'.

5. One Of The 'Characters' In Pirandello's "Six Characters In Search Of An Author"

For 10 points:
The Mother

For 5 points:
The Father (3), The Child (2), The Step-Daughter (2)

The Winner's List

ozzz2002 - 40 points
spanishliz - 40 points

beaker411 - 35 points
ElfTwinkle - 35 points
Engadine - 35 points
Jane Marple - 35 points
Leo DaVinci - 35 points

Leau78 - 30 points

Congratulations ozzz and liz and good job, everyone!

Thank you all for playing.

#244813 - Tue Oct 12 2004 08:29 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Round 10 is now closed. Results anon.

#244814 - Tue Oct 12 2004 11:17 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

ROUND 10 RESULTS

Nine people sent answers.

1. A recipient of the Victoria Cross who was the brother of another VC recipient

Worth 10 points:
George Bradford (Lieutenant Commander, RN posthumously for the raid on Zeebrugge 22/23 April 1918. He died on his 31st birthday, 23 April 1918.); Charles Gough (Major, 5th Bengal European Cavalry, in part for the rescue of his brother Hugh, during the Indian Mutiny); Hugh Gough (Lieutenant, 1st Bengal European Light Cavalry, various dates 1857-8 in India); Euston Sartorius (Captain, 59th Regiment (later East Lancs) in Afghanistan, 1879); Victor Turner (T/Lieut. Colonel, the Rifle Brigade at Kidney Ridge during the battle of El Alamein, 1942)

Worth 5 points:
Roland Bradford (3) (T/Lieut. Colonel, Durham Light Infantry, France October 1916. Attained rank of Brigadier General, and was killed at Cambrai in November 1917.)

I also gave 5 points for Derek Seagrim (T/Lieut. Colonel, the Green Howards, Tunisia 1943, posthumous). His brother Hugh (T/Major 19th Hyderabad Regt, Burma 1943-4, posthumous) was a recipient of the George Cross, not the VC. They are to date the only brothers to have both a VC and GC between them.

The Goughs, of course, are the father and uncle respectively of John Gough VC.

Not mentioned: Reginald Sartorius (Major, 6th Bengal Cavalry, Ashanti 1874) and Alexander Turner (Second Lieutenant, the Royal Berkshire Regt, 1915 – he was killed 3 days after performing the deed for which the VC was awarded).

2. A recipient of the Dickin Medal other than a dog

Worth 10 points:
Blue chequer cock No. 879(Aussie pigeon attached to US forces, carried message under heavy fire, resulting in relief being brought to a surrounded patrol, Admiralty Islands 1944); Cologne, RAF pigeon (for ‘homing from a crashed aircraft over Cologne’, 1943); Commando, NPS pigeon (for thrice delivering messages from agents in occupied France, 1942); Pigeon, Army Special Pigeon Service (for 3 flights from France during 1941)

Worth 5 points:
Simon, ship’s cat, HMS Amethyst (3) (for battling rats and raising morale during the 1949 Yangtse Incident); Blue bar cock No. 139 (2) (Aussie pigeon who ‘gallantly carried a message through a tropical storm’, Madang 1945)

There were numerous other pigeons to choose from, including Gustav, who brought the first message from Normandy on D-Day 6th June 1944.

Simon has been the only cat to receive the award, but there were 3 given to London police horses during the Blitz. I have been unable to find the names of any of the horses, so if anyone did find them, please let me know.

3. A novel (not a short story) by Dorothy L. Sayers featuring Lord Peter Wimsey

Worth 10 points:
‘Clouds of Witness’, ‘The Nine Tailors’, ‘Strong Poison’, ‘Whose Body?’

Worth 5 points:
‘Five Red Herrings’ (2), ‘Murder Must Advertise’ (2), ‘Lord Peter’*

*I gave only 5 points for ‘Lord Peter’, as it is a collection of short stories not a novel

Other possibilites were ‘Have His Carcase’, ‘Unnatural Death’, ‘Busman’s Holiday’ and several others. I would (probably) have accepted ‘Thrones, Dominations’ as Sayers originated it, even though it was completed by Jill Paton Walsh.

4. An actor or actress whose first name begins with the letter Z

Worth 10 points:
Zach Braff (TV series ‘Scrubs’), Zoe Wanamaker (Harry Potter’s Madame Hooch)

Worth 5 points:
Zsa Zsa Gabor (3), Zero Mostel (2), Zhang Ziyi (2)

Other possibilities that come to mind are Zina Bethune, who for some reason I remember from a series called ‘The Nurses’ when I was a kid; Zachary Scott from such movies as ‘Mildred Pierce’; and Zeljko Ivanek, who was in ‘Donnie Brasco’, but who I remember for the happy coincidence that both his initials fall into the ‘rare’ category! I’m sure there are others!

5. A river in Spain

Worth 10 points:
Duero, Ebro, Guadiana, Jucar, Mino

Worth 5 points:
Guadalquivir (2), Tagus/Tajo (2)

There are many others. My favourite locally is the Rio Aguas (River Waters), in which I have yet to see any water!

We have a clear winner this round!

beaker411 50

helen295 45
ElfTwinkle 35
Engadine 35
JaneMarple 35
Julia103 35
Exit10 30
Gatsby722 30
Ozzz2002 30

Congratulations beaker, and thanks to all for playing.

#244815 - Wed Oct 13 2004 02:27 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
Kuu Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia     
I am back from a short, but very enjoyable holiday with my husband and I am ready for Round 13

Quote:

Round 13

1) One of the Jim Qwilleran Feline Whodunnit novels by Lilian Jackson Braun (short story collection are not acceptable).

2) A Christian name, either first or middle names, of Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain's children.

3) The name of a human tooth.

4) Member of the United Nations which either starts with, or contains the letter Z.

5) A subpecies of the giraffe. There is some debate about how many subspecies there are but my list will accept nine different ones. Some sites list only seven or eight.

#244816 - Wed Oct 13 2004 05:43 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
ElfTwinkle Offline
Star Poster

Round 11 is now closed --- results up shortly.

#244817 - Wed Oct 13 2004 06:37 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
ElfTwinkle Offline
Star Poster

Trivia Rounds - October: Round 11 (Oct. 11th): 9 players participated

Name:

1) A character in the comic strip Blondie whose last name is NOT Bumstead

10 points: Mrs. Cora Dithers

5 points: Mr. J.C. Dithers (5), Tootsie Woodsley (3)

Not mentioned: Herb Woodsley, Mr. Beasley (the mailman), Elmo Tuttle (the pesky neighbourhood kid)

2) A city that is home to a CFL/Canadian Football League team

10 points: Calgary - Calgary Stampeders, Toronto - Toronto Argonauts, Winnipeg - Winnipeg Blue Bombers

5 points: Edmonton - Edmonton Eskimos (3), Hamilton - Hamilton Tiger-Cats (3)

Not mentioned: Montreal - Montreal Alouettes, Ottawa - Ottawa Renegades, Regina - Saskatchewan Rough Riders, Vancouver - B.C. Lions

3) Song from the See The Light album by The Jeff Healey Band

10 points: Blue Jean Blues, Confidence Man, Nice Problem To Have

5 points: Hide Away (2), River Of No Return (2), See The Light (2)

Not mentionned: Angel Eyes - Don't Let Your Chance Go By - I Need To Be Loved - My Little Girl - Someday, Someway - That's What They Say

4) A number between 1 and 10

10 points: 7

5 points: 3 (2), 4 (4), 8 (2)

Not mentionned: 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10

5) An independent country that has a flag that has ONLY the colours blue and white on it

10 points: Israel, Federated States of Micronesia, Scotland, Somalia

5 points: Greece (3), Honduras (2)

Not mentionned: Finland

Results

Helen295: 40 points
LeoDaVinci: 40 points

Engadine: 35 points

JaneMarple: 30 points
Julia103: 30 points
Ozzz2002: 30 points
Spanishliz: 30 points

Beaker411: 25 points
Gatsby722: 25 points

Congratulations to Helen295 and Leo DaVinci who each collect a point for this round.

Thanks for playing everyone!

Edited by ElfTwinkle (Wed Oct 13 2004 01:48 PM)

#244818 - Wed Oct 13 2004 10:01 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Quote:

Julia103: 20 points

JaneMarple: 15 points

So did I get 30...15...or 45?!

#244819 - Wed Oct 13 2004 01:52 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
ElfTwinkle Offline
Star Poster

Sorry about that --- it should have read:

It has been fixed.

#244820 - Wed Oct 13 2004 02:32 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
lothruin Offline
Multiloquent

Round 9 Results

Nine people played this round. Thanks to everyone. Nobody answered any incorrect answers this round!

Quote:

1. One of the products marketed in the US under the Huggies brand name. (Please list only the product itself, and do not specify one of the specific packaging options. For instance, list a type of baby wipe only, and not ABC Baby Wipe Travel Pack.

Worth 10 Points:Convertables, Natural Care Baby Wipes, Overnites
Worth 5 Points:Little Swimmers (4), Pull-Ups (2)
Not Mentioned:Diapers, Supremes, Newborns, Premies, Newborn UltraGentle Wipes, Supreme Wipes, Pull-Ups Just For Kids Wipes, Disposable Changing Pads, Disposable Wash Clothes and Baby Wash

My only interesting information for this question is that my daughter, turning two next month, is quite successfully using the Pull-Ups training pants, and she may very well be potty-trained by her birthday. Probably only very interesting for me, but we take what triumphs we can. Yeah for Katherine!

Quote:

2. One of the titles featured in "The Serendipty Collection" by Stephen Cosgrove and Robin James

Worth 10 Points:Buttermilk, Catundra, Dragolin, Poppyseed, Serendipity, The Dream Tree, The Grumpling
Worth 5 Points:Flutterby (2)
Not Mentioned:There are around 70 titles released by Serendipity Books, by Cosgrove and James, so I'm surprised there were ANY double-answers.

When I originally wrote this question, I intended for the answers to be one of the seven titles included in the recently released compilation book "The Serendipity Collection", but I obviously didn't make that clear, and decided it didn't matter. Morgan Morning, a Serendipity book, was one of my favorites as a child. The illustrations by James are absolutely stunning. On a side note, Robin James currently does custom pet portraits and I hear they are absolutely beautiful, which doesn't surprise me in the least.

Quote:

3. One of the actors portraying a Mercury astronaut in the movie, The Right Stuff

Worth 10 Points:Ed Harris as Maj John Glenn, Lance Henricksen as Lt Cmdr Walter Schirra, Scott Glenn as Cpt Alan Shepard, Scott Paulin as Cpt Deke Slayton
Worth 5 Points:Dennis Quaid as Cpt Gordo Cooper (2), Fred Ward as Cpt Gus Grissom(3)
Not Mentioned:Charles Frank as Lt Cmdr Malcom Carpenter

If anyone is interested in further information on the Mercury 7 astronaughts, I highly recommend both the book, The Right Stuff, and one titled We Seven, by the astronauts themselves. I know the question was about the actors, but they don't interest me nearly as much as their characters in this movie. RIP Gordo Cooper, March 6, 1927 - October 4, 2004.

Quote:

4. One of the retired Ty Basket Beanies

Worth 10 Points:Chickie, Hippity, Petey
Worth 5 Points:Eggbert (4), Ewey (2)
Not Mentioned:Carnation, Eggs I, II and III, Floppity, Grace, Hippie, Lullabye and Nibbles

This was a filler question. I don't know that much about Beanie Babies, and honestly I don't much care. But they make good questions, I think. My daughter's favorite teddy bear is a Ty Pluffie, now retired. She's lost it twice, and we've had to replace it, which isn't easy. I've decided Ty is making it's mission to irritate parents.

Quote:

5. One of the tracks off Brave Life by Jumpin' Kate and the Armenians

Worth 10 Points:Bein' In Love, How Can I Explain, Mind Over Matter, In Here
Worth 5 Points:Not My Job (5)
Not Mentioned:Lookin' For the Sunshine, Wood River Road, Organized Noise, Pure Light, Brave Life, People Know, Hangin' On, All Day

I played keys and sang back-up on this album. I also did all the graphic design for the album. I'm pretty proud of it. Tomorrow, October 14, is the one-year anniversary of it's release. It was a local effort, and one that took a long time to come to fruition, and it hasn't gotten much more than local publicity, but I think (biased, I know) it's a great album, so I'm trying to give it a push. Thanks to everyone who sent compliments. My favorite track is In Here. But, I really like to sing How Can I Explain and Not My Job.

And the final scores:
Helen295 - 45
Engadine - 40
ElfTwinkle - 40
LeoDaVinci - 40
JaneMarple - 35
Julia103 - 35
Beaker411 - 30
Ozzz2002 - 30
SpanishLiz - 30

#244821 - Wed Oct 13 2004 11:46 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
Round 14 questions.

Quote:

1) Any one of the named parts of the track on the Bathurst (Australia) car racetrack.

2) A city of New Zealand with a population of more than 100,000.

3) The title of any of my online quizzes. (A blatant plug, hehe!)

4) A day of the week that ends with the letter 'Y'.

5) A type of woodworking joint.

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#244822 - Fri Oct 15 2004 01:45 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Round 15!
Quote:

Q1 – Excluding the sun, a stars nearest the sun
Q2 – A women in spacewho has been to space
Q3 – A element in the universe
Q4 – One of the most deadly snakes
Q5 – One of the most common birds in the UK

Hope everybody like my new format!
(changed wording in questions!)

Edited by JaneMarple (Fri Oct 15 2004 02:14 AM)

#244823 - Fri Oct 15 2004 05:54 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
Kuu Offline
Prolific

Round 13 is closed.

Answers will beposted soon.

#244824 - Fri Oct 15 2004 06:28 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
Kuu Offline
Prolific

Round 13: Answers and scores

Quote:

Question 1 - Jim Qwilleran Feline Whodunnit

Worth 10 points
TCW Brought Down the House, TCW Robbed a Bank, TCW Ate Danish Modern

Worth 5 points
TCW Could Read Backwards (3), TCW Talked to Ghosts (2)

Question 2 - A Christian name, first or middle, of one of the Queen's children

Worth 10 points
Charles, Philip, Andrew, Alice

Worth 5 points
Arthur (4)

Question 3- A human tooth

Worth 10 points
Molar, pre-molar, Upper-left 2nd bicuspid, biscupid

Worth 5 points
Incisor (2), Wisdom (2)

Question 4 - A country with a Z in its name

Worth 10 points
New Zealand, Uzbekistan, Swaziland

Worth 5 points
Azerbaijan (3), Venezuela (2)

Question 5 - A subspecies of giraffe

Worth 10 points
Kordofan, Nubian

Worth 5 points
Reticulated (2), Angolan (2), Rothschild (2)
Quote:

Scores

Ozzz2002 40
Julia103 40

Jane Marple 35
gatsby722 35
Exit10 35
beaker411 35
Elftwinkle 30
Engadine 30

#244825 - Fri Oct 15 2004 06:36 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
LeoDaVinci Offline

Round XII is now closed, results to be compiled and posted in a couple of hours...

#244826 - Sat Oct 16 2004 02:10 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
Round 14 Results

1) A named part of Mt Panorama racetrack

10 Points
The Esses, Griffins Bend, Forest Elbow

5 points
Conrod Straight (2), The Chase/Caltex Chase (3)

2) A city of NZ with over 100,000 inhabitants

10 points
Hamilton

5 points
Auckland (3), Dunedin (3)

I had to disallow Palmerston North- the highest figure I could find was 77,000. Notable omissions were Christchurch and Wellington.

3) One of my online quizzes

10 points
Cryptic Crossword Clues, Did I Really Say That?, Japanese Bullet Trains, Catch 22, Random Jottings II, Australia by Category.

5 points
Could YOU play Tournament Scrabble? (2).

4) A day of the week

10 points
Thursday and Friday

5 points
Sunday (2), Tuesday (2), Wednesday (2).

No-one picked Monday or Saturday. I was reminded that EVERY day of the week ended with a 'Y'- congratulations to all for seeing through my cunning ploy.

5) A woodworking joint

10 points
Mortise and tenon, Bridle joint, Dowel butt joint.

5 points
Half blind dovetail (2), dovetail (3).

And the winners are....

40 points
Kaushik_Twin
Santana
Gatsby

35 points
Julia

30 points
JaneMarple
LeoDaVinci
Engadine

25 points
ElfTwinkle

Congrats to the winners, and thanks all for playing.

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#244827 - Sat Oct 16 2004 11:49 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
kevinatilusa Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: California USA       
ROUND 16

Give...

1. One of the 20th century's top 10 movies as announced by the American Film Institute's "100 years, 100 movies" in 1998

2. A Country whose men's football/soccer team has won the World Cup at least once.

3. A dynasty which ruled China before it became a Republic in 1911.

4. A Nation whose flag consists of three vertical stripes with no other decoration.

5. Any object in the Solar System which is smaller than Uranus (in radius) but larger than Pluto (also in radius)

This round will close fairly late Monday night (Pacific time). Sorry to get this up so late!

#244828 - Sun Oct 17 2004 03:14 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Round 15 closed...scores later!

#244829 - Sun Oct 17 2004 03:35 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Scores!
I might had made the questions harder this week, I'll try and make them easier next week!!

Q1 – Excluding the sun, one of the ten stars nearest the sun
For ten points:
Luyten 726 8B, Alpha cen A, Alpha Centauri, Ross154, Wolf 359 and Proxima Centauri

Q2 – One of the first ten women in space
For ten points:
Wendy Lawrence, Kathryn D. Sullivan, Valentina Treshkova, Svetlana Savitskaya, Eileen Collins and Yelena Vladimirovna Kondakova

Q3 – One of the top ten most common elements in the universe
For ten points:
Polonium, Calcium, Iron,
For five points
Hydrogen (3),

Q4 – One of the top ten most deadly snakes
For ten points:
Eastern Brown snake, Tiger snake, Sidewinder, Saw Scaled Viper,
For five points
Taipan (2)

Q5 – One of the top ten most common birds in the UK
For ten points:
collared doves, European Robin, Thrush, Blue tit, Brent Goose and sparrow

Six people took part!
SCORES!
ElfTwinkle – 50
Kaushik Twin – 50

Julia103 – 45
Ozzz2002 – 45
Beaker411 – 45
Engaline - 40

#244830 - Sun Oct 17 2004 04:07 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
Exit10 Offline

Loc: Brisbane Queensland Australia
Round 17

Name:

1. A country that has changed its name (e.g. Ceylon to Sri Lanka)
2. A character from Agatha Christie's 'Ten Little Niggers/Indians/And then there were none'.
3. A dinosaur from any period so long as it has the location of its discovery in its name (e.g. Lesothosaurus was discovered in Lesotho)
4. A colour and an item of the same name (e.g. orange)
5. A Hungarian inventor

#244831 - Mon Oct 18 2004 02:20 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds!
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
Round 18.

Give me:

1) A Sea which is connected with the Arctic Ocean
2) A Nursery Rhyme with real historical origins
3) An Irish traditional musical instrument
4) A Big-Name fashion designer
5) A 5-letter Scrabble word containing 4 vowels

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ozzz2002