Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#247386 - Sat Nov 06 2004 07:56 PM Re: November Trivia Rounds
lothruin Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Nebraska USA
Saturday's questions, though I'm a tad late with them if you live where Spanish Liz does. I'll close the round equally late on Monday night.

Quote:

November Round 6
#1: A movie staring Leonardo DiCaprio which was released during the 1990's.

#2: A brand name associated with the Prym-Dritz corporation.

#3: One of the opposing teams on the Nebraska Cornhuskers 2004 Football (American) schedule.

#4: An adventure "Campaign Setting" available for Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition. (These are out of print. I'm just looking for the name of the "universe". An example is Forgotten Realms, which is probably the most well known and no longer counts. )

#5: A county of which all or part is in the first congressional district of Nebraska

#247387 - Sun Nov 07 2004 01:56 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
How in the heck did I get 35 points on Leo's Tolkien quiz? Pure luck, no doubt. Anyway, Round 5 is closed. I have a bit of info to sift through so it may take a minute (or several)!

#247388 - Sun Nov 07 2004 10:42 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    

Round 5 Shakedown

1. An Official U.S. Presidential Library

Oh, how I came to hate this question. The system began, formally, in 1939 when FDR donated all his personal and presidential papers to the government for posterity and public view. Except for Hoover, any prior libraries/museums to Roosevelt don't fall into the "official" list. Before anyone yells at me see www.nara.gov/nara/president

For 10 points:
Gerald Ford Library in Ann Arbor, Michigan; Harry S. Truman Library in Independence, Missouri; George H.W. Bush Library in College Station, Texas; Dwight David Eisenhower Library in Abilene, Kansas & William Jefferson Clinton Materials Project in Little Rock, Arkansas.

For 5 points
Lyndon Baines Johnson Library in Austin, Texas (3)

This means, of course, that I had to eliminate a few. Abe Lincoln, Calvin Coolidge and Bill Clinton (in Ireland -yikes!) all have buildings and museums in their honor. But they aren't on the "official list". Another answer wasn't accepted as well, but I think that was a typo on the player's part (but don't fret - said player made up for it elswhere! ).

Rhett Butler's Exit Line

Nowhere to go wrong on this one. After a civil war, the death of his friend Melanie and his daughter Bonnie AND the constant turmoil of having to deal with his spitfire wife (who publicly lusted after another man!) Rhett had had enough. Frankly, my dear, he didn't give a damn anymore.
We all know the quote in question here.

For 10 points

'A', 'Give', (and to our esteemed leader who went ahead and said it ) 'Damn'

For 5 points
'Frankly' (3), 'My' (3), 'I' (2), 'Dear' (2)

Saying "damn" on screen got the censors all riled up 65 years ago! David O. Selznick snuck it through, though. The rest is history.

A Color On The Flag Of Antigua & Barbuda

There is only 5 so this was a matter of out-guessing. The colors are red, white, blue, yellow and black.

For 10 points

Yellow

For 5 points

Blue (6), Red (3), Black (2).

Orange was offered but is incorrect.

A Track From "Who's Next?"

For 10 points

Love Ain't For Keeping, Getting In Tune

For 5 points

Won't Get Fooled Again (2), The Song Is Over (2), Going Mobile (2) - and my personal favorite of the tracks - Behind Blue Eyes (4)

The answer "Water" was rejected. It wasn't on this album.

Characters On "Roseanne" Who Had The Last Name 'Conner'

I was shocked! I found 10 as I researched (two of which were not Kyle or Jake...so I scrapped those two answers )

For 10 points

Ed Conner (Dan's Dad), D. J. [David Jacob], Roseanne

For 5 points

Darlene (2), Jerry Garcia Conner (2), Crystal Anderson Conner (2), Dan (2)

Not mentioned: Becky, Audrey (Dan's whacko Mother) and Ed, Jr.

Winner's List!

Five way tie for first:

Engadine
Kuu
spanishliz
ElfTwinkle
Julia103 ---all 35 points

justanobody - 30 points
LeoDaVinci - 30

beaker411 - 25 points
helen295 - 25
ozzz2002 - 25
Santana2002 - 25

BbSean - 15 ponts

JaneMarple - 10 points

I really enjoyed your answers, all of you. Good job! Congrats to our point grabbers .

#247389 - Mon Nov 08 2004 02:58 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
ElfTwinkle Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Crazy Canuck   
Round 8 - Mon., Nov. 8th

Quote:

Name:

1) Any track on the Play album/CD by Great Big Sea:

2) A horse that has won the Melbourne Cup twice (a link to the list of all winners in the 144-year history of the Melbourne Cup can be found in the original post of the Melbourne Cup thread in the FunTrivia Tipping Comps forum):

3) A novel by Danielle Steel which has a title that begins with a letter from G thru J:

4) The 2004-2005 National Basketball Association (NBA) season started this past week --- the full name (ie include the team's nickname) of a NBA team, which plays in either the Atlantic or Pacific division (example - Miami Heat, which is an NBA team that does not play in either of the divisions asked for in this round):

5) The Six Nations of the Grand River is the most populous Indian reserve in Canada, with a population in 2001 of 21,474 --- name one of the nations which has members living on the Six Nations of the Grand River reserve:

edited to add: if anyone needs help with Question 5, please send me a pm, and I'll nudge you in the right direction.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

This Round will close in roughly 48 hours.

(Note: I made a last minute change to my questions due to the fact that the main site I was using as a reference for it is down at the moment --- presuming that it is just down temporarily, my Snoopy question will return next time)

Edited by ElfTwinkle (Mon Nov 08 2004 06:43 PM)

#247390 - Mon Nov 08 2004 03:17 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
Quote:

Before anyone yells at me....

Now, Gatsby, would any of us even dream of yelling at you? (Specially when you are the one who did his homework correctly and *some* of us (namely me ) got it wrong?? )

#247391 - Mon Nov 08 2004 03:29 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Please refer that kind thought to those who like to yell at me as a general sport .

#247392 - Mon Nov 08 2004 06:53 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
Julia103 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Baltimore
Maryland USA
Round 4 is closed. Results later (when I get home from work.)

#247393 - Mon Nov 08 2004 06:17 PM Re: November Trivia Rounds
Julia103 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Baltimore
Maryland USA
Round 4 results

9 people played this round.

1. Last time around I asked for a character in The Three Musketeers was not a musketeer. This week name a character in The Three Musketeers who IS a musketeer or had been one in the past.

10 points:

Porthos, M. de Treville, Rochefort (in the 1993 film version)
5 points:
Athos (2), Aramis (4)

Noone mentioned D’Artagnan.

When I wrote this question (and the one two weeks ago) I was thinking of the book, rather than movie versions, but I didn't specify that in the questions. This accounts for the fact that Rochefort was considered a correct answer for the previous question (a character who was not a musketeer) but also a correct answer for this one

2. A swimming stroke
10 points:

Sidestroke, Backstroke, Trudgen stroke, Dog paddle, Inverted breaststroke
5 points:
Butterfly (2), Front crawl/Australian crawl (2)
The information that I found indicates that the front crawl and Australian crawl are the same stroke. If anyone disagrees, please let me know.
Not mentioned: breaststroke, elementary backstroke

3. A country with an athlete who medalled in the 2004 World Figure Skating Championships
10 points:

Bulgaria (ice dancers Albena Denkova & Maxim Staviski, silver medal), France (men’s singles Brian Joubert, silver medal), Germany (men’s singles Stefan Lindemann, bronze medal and ice dancers Kati Winkler & Rene Lohse, bronze medal)
5 points:
Russia (men’s singles Evgeny Plushenko, gold medal; pairs Tatiana Totmianina & Maxim Marinin, gold medal and ice dancing Tatiana Navka & Roman Kostomarov, gold medal) (3)
Japan (women’s singles Shizuko Arakawa, gold medal) (3)
Not mentioned: China (pairs Xue Shen & Hongbo Xao silver medal and Qing Pang & Jian Tong , bronze medal), USA (women’s singles Sasha Cohen, silver medal and Michelle Kwan, bronze medal)

4. A craft done with yarn
10 points:
Macrame, Weaving, Hook Rugs, Knitting
5 points:Crochet (5)

5. One of Henry VIII’s wives (there were 6)
All six were mentioned.
10 points:
Catherine of Aragon, Jane Seymour, Kathryn Howard – Santana2002
5 points:
Anne Boleyn (2), Anne of Cleves (2), Katherine Parr (2)

Santana 50 (Way to Go!!)

BbSean 45
ElfTwinkle 35
Gatsby722 35
Engadine 30
Helen295 30
Ozzz2002 30
Spanishliz 30
JaneMarple 25

#247394 - Tue Nov 09 2004 02:38 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
I was inspired by Leo’s quiz on J. R. R. Tolkien’s book last week so to be fair, this week I have done a quiz on Harry Potter, which are, in my opinion, in the same league! Good luck everybody!

Q1 – Name a resident ghost (or poltergeist) who lives at Hogwarts (at least five to choose from!)
Q2 – At Hogwarts, the sport they play is Quidditch, a game played on broomsticks. Name a position in Quidditch (four to choose from)
Q3 – A shop you may find in Diagon Alley, where witches and wizards can buy all they need. (lots to choose from!)
Q4 – Name a Defence Against the Dark Arts tutor in any of Harry’s five years at Hogwarts so far (at least five to choose from)
Q5 – And finally, J. K. Rowling released two schoolbooks for charity in 2001. They were “Quidditch Through The Ages” by Kennilworthy Whisp and “Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them” by Newt Scamander. Name ANY of the ten breeds of dragons mentioned in “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" (there are 10 to choose from)

Again, good luck everybody!

#247395 - Tue Nov 09 2004 07:28 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
lothruin Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Nebraska USA
Hey, sorry, Round 6 should have been closed last night, but I couldn't get to the computer. We didn't have any late entries anyway. I'll get the scores up today.

#247396 - Tue Nov 09 2004 10:08 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
spanishliz Online   FT-cool
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Round 7 is now closed. Results in a little while...

#247397 - Tue Nov 09 2004 02:26 PM Re: November Trivia Rounds
spanishliz Online   FT-cool
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
ROUND 7 RESULTS

Eight people took part.

1. A mystery by Martha Grimes, featuring Richard Jury

Worth 10 points:
‘The Blue Last’, ‘Rainbow’s End’

Worth 5 points:
‘The Grave Maurice’ (2), ‘The Horse You Came in On’ (2), ‘Jerusalem Inn’ (2)

Most, if not all, of the titles refer to a pub that figures somehow in the story.

Titles not mentioned include: ‘I Am the Only Running Footman’, ‘The Old Contemptibles’ and ‘The Stargazey’

2. The Toronto Blue Jays played their very first game at Exhibition Stadium on 7th April 1977. Name a Blue Jay player who took part in that game (either in the starting line-up or as a replacement later in the game.)

Worth 10 points:
Steve Bowling (starting right fielder, went 0 for 2), Dave McKay (Canadian starting third baseman, had two hits and a RBI), Alvis Woods (pinch hit for Bowling and stayed in to play right field. Hit a two run home run in his first major league at bat.)

Worth 5 points:
Doug Ault (4) (starting first baseman, hit two home runs in the game)

Not accepted: Ron Fairly, who did not take part in this first game, though he was on the Blue Jay roster at the time.

Not mentioned: Starters – Bill Singer (pitcher), Rick Cerone (catcher), Pedro Garcia (second base), Hector Torres (shortstop), John Scott (left field), Gary Woods (centre field), Otto Velez (designated hitter)
Relief pitchers: Jerry Johnson (credited with the win), Pete Vuckovich (credited with a save)
Others: Jim Mason (pinch hit for Torres, and stayed in to play short)

This was the famous game played in a blizzard with over 40,000 daft baseball fans in the stands. The Jays sent them home happy with a 9-5 victory over the Chicago White Sox.

3. Name one of the eight campaign stars awarded to British and Commonwealth forces for service in World War Two.

Worth 10 points:
1939-45 Star, Atlantic Star, France and Germany Star, Italy Star

Worth 5 points:
Burma Star (4)

Not mentioned: Africa Star, Aircrew Europe Star, Pacific Star

Without going into great detail about each one, qualification for the award of any of these stars was based on a minimum period of service in the respective theatres of operations. Becoming a casualty or receiving an award for gallantry, notwithstanding length of service, were also ways of qualifying. No one could receive more than five stars, and certain of these were not awarded together. Instead, one would receive the first star earned and a bar to be worn on its ribbon, denoting the second star earned. A bar ‘Battle of Britain’ was awarded to be worn on the 1939-45 Star, for fighter aircrew who participated between 10 July and 31 October 1940.

4. A female recipient of the George Cross, either by direct award or as an exchange for a previously awarded medal

Worth 10 points:
Noor Inayat-Khan (posthumous direct award, for services in Occupied Europe), Daphne Pearson (exchange award for Empire Gallantry Medal, WAAF corporal, for rescuing an injured pilot from a crashed bomber), Odette Sansom (direct award, for services in Occupied Europe. The only female direct recipient to survive to receive her award.)

Worth 5 points:
Margaret Vaughan (3) (exchange award for Albert Medal, 14-year old schoolgirl, for assisting in the rescue of a boy from the rising tide), Doreen Ashburnham (2) (exchange award for Albert Medal, 11 year old girl, for fighting off a cougar alongside 8 year old Anthony Farrer, who also received the Albert Medal. Young Farrer died in 1930, and did not therefore qualify to exchange his medal in 1971 for the GC.)

Not mentioned:
Direct awards: Violette Szabo (Occupied Europe), Barbara Harrison (air stewardess, rescue of passengers from burning aircraft at Heathrow in 1968). Both posthumous.

EGM exchanges: Emma Townsend, Dorothy Thomas, Ashraf-un-Nisa (the Begum of Hydrabad)

Albert Medal exchanges: Hilda Wolsey, Harriet Fraser, Florence Allen

5. In ‘The X Files’, a parent or sibling of either Mulder or Scully. Please give the relationship.

Worth 10 points:
Melissa Scully (Dana Scully’s sister)

Worth 5 points:
Samantha Mulder (2) (sister of Fox Mulder), William Mulder (2) (father), William (Bill) Scully Jr (2) (brother)

One person gave no reply to this one.

And the winner is:

ElfTwinkle with 40 points

35 points: Engadine, gatsby722, ozzz2002
30 points: JaneMarple, Santana2002
25 points: BbSean, beaker 411

Congratulations ElfTwinkle! Thanks everyone for playing.

#247398 - Wed Nov 10 2004 06:58 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
ElfTwinkle Offline
Star Poster

Round 8 is now closed --- results in a bit.

#247399 - Wed Nov 10 2004 09:47 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
ElfTwinkle Offline
Star Poster

Trivia Rounds - November: Round 8 (Nov. 8th): 9 players participated (Welcome to new players CinnamOn and Reggie18! )

Name:

1) Any track on the Play album/CD by Great Big Sea:

10 points: Goin' Up, Greenspond, Jolly Roving Tar, Seagulls, The Night Pat Murphy Died

5 points: My Apology (2), Ordinary Day (2)

Not mentioned: When I’m Up (I Can’t Get Down), How Did We Get From Saying I Love You..., Donkey Riding, Haven’t Seen You In A Long Time, End Of The World, General Taylor, Recruiting Sargeant, Jakey’s Gin, Something I Should Know

2) A horse that has won the Melbourne Cup twice (a link to the list of all winners in the 144-year history of the Melbourne Cup can be found in the original post of the Melbourne Cup thread in the FunTrivia Tipping Comps forum):

10 points: Archer (1861 & 1862), Think Big (1974 & 1975)

5 points: Makybe Diva - 2003 & 2004/only mare to win it twice (3), Peter Pan - 1932 & 1934 (2), Rain Lover - 1968 & 1969 (2)

Not mentioned: All 5 were mentioned

3) A novel by Danielle Steel which has a title that begins with a letter from G thru J:

10 points: (The) Gift, Going Home, Granny Dan, His Bright Light (The Story of Nick Traina), Impossible, Irresistable Forces

5 points: Jewels (2)

Not mentionned: (The) Ghost, Heartbeat, (The) House on Hope Street, Journey

4) The 2004-2005 National Basketball Association (NBA) season started this past week --- name a NBA team which plays in either the Atlantic or Pacific division:

10 points: Boston Celtics - Atlantic, Los Angeles Lakers - Pacific

5 points: Golden State Warriors - Pacific (2), Philadelphia 76ers - Atlantic (3)

0 points: Orlando Magic (play in the Southeast Division, Portland Trail Blazers (play in the Northwest Division) --- the question specified teams from the Atlantic and Pacific divisions

Not Mentioned: Atlantic Division - New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, Toronto Raptors, Pacific Division - Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns, Sacramento Kings

5) The Six Nations of the Grand River is the most populous Indian reserve in Canada, with a population in 2001 of 21,474 --- name one of the nations which has members living on the Six Nations of the Grand River reserve:

10 points: Niharondasa Seneca, Konadaha Seneca, Onandaga Clear Sky, Oneida, Walker Mohawk

5 points: Lower Mohawk (2), Upper Cayuga (2)

Not Mentioned: Bay of Quinte Mohawk, Upper Mohawk, Lower Cayuga, Bearfoot Onandaga, Tuscarora, Delaware (Munsee)

Note: This reserve is near where I live ... I have no idea what the difference between the various Mohawk, Seneca, Cayuga & Onandaga Nations is, but according to this site, Six Nations of the Grand River, each is considered a separate nation.

Results

JaneMarple: 50 points

Engadine: 40 points
Santana: 40 points

CinnamOn: 35 points
LeoDaVinci: 35 points

BbSean: 30 points
Beaker411: 30 points
Ozzz2002: 30 points
Reggie18: 30 points

Congratulations to JaneMarple who collects a point for this round.

Thanks for playing everyone!

#247400 - Wed Nov 10 2004 09:22 PM Re: November Trivia Rounds
Kuu Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia     
Sorry. I am very late posting my questions as I forgot to post them last night. I will post them as soon as I find the piece of paper they are written on. If you knew the mess on my desk you would realise this might take quite a few minutes for me to do

#247401 - Wed Nov 10 2004 09:32 PM Re: November Trivia Rounds
Engadine Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sth East Qld Australia      
If it's anything like my desk - the very best of luck - lol !

#247402 - Wed Nov 10 2004 10:25 PM Re: November Trivia Rounds
Kuu Offline
Prolific

I FOUND THEM

Here they are -

Quote:

ROUND 10

1) A country in Africa that is totally landlocked

2) The Australian bushranger (outlaw), Ned Kelly, came from a big family. Name one of of his full-brothers or full-sisters (clue - the youngest of these siblings was born in 1865)

3) A main character (not the actor) of the British comedy series, Dad's Army.

4) a breed of domestic dog that begins with the letter D.

5) Airmen of many nationalities took part in the Battle of Britain. Name a nationality that was on the Allies side.

Edited by Kuu (Wed Nov 10 2004 10:32 PM)

#247403 - Wed Nov 10 2004 10:26 PM Re: November Trivia Rounds
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
Just post a picture of your desk, and we will all work it out from there..

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#247404 - Wed Nov 10 2004 10:31 PM Re: November Trivia Rounds
Kuu Offline
Prolific

^^^If I had any sense I would have typed them out into Word instead of writing them on a piece of paper.

I am blaming my lack of sense at the moment onto paint fumes. I am trying to get the house painted completely before my husband arrives home next week. I have painted the bedroom the deep rose I always wanted it to be. It is so easy to get things done just right when hubby is away.

#247405 - Thu Nov 11 2004 02:47 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Round 9 closed - answers in five minutes!

#247406 - Thu Nov 11 2004 02:55 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
Engadine Offline
Multiloquent

Quote:

It is so easy to get things done just right when hubby is away.

You are so right - if we ever do anything at home, I send my hubby way away from me, so I can work in peace - lol!

#247407 - Thu Nov 11 2004 03:20 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

ROUND 9 ANSWERS!
Q1 – Name a resident ghost (or poltergeist) who lives at Hogwarts (at least five to choose from!)
For 10 Points:
The Bloody Baron (resident ghost of Slytherin House),
For 5 points:
Moaning Myrtle (a ghost who lives in the U Bend of the girl’s toilet), Nearly Headless Nick (4) (resident ghost of Gryffindor House), The Fat Friar (3) (resident ghost of Hufflepuff House), Professor Binns (The History of Magic Teacher),
Not mentioned:
The Grey Lady (Ravenclaw resident ghost)
Peeves (the poltergeist)
There are four houses at Hogwarts and the Sorting Hat has to choose where each new first year pupil will go. Nearly Headless Nick’s proper name is Sir Nicholas De Mimsy Porpington

Q2 – At Hogwarts, the sport they play is Quidditch, a game played on broomsticks. Name a position in Quidditch (four to choose from)
For 5 points:
Seeker (4), Keeper (3), Beater (3), Chaser (2),
Not mentioned:
All positions were mentioned!
Harry was chosen, in his first year, to be the Gryffindor Seeker. There are three different balls in Quidditch – Bludgers, Quaffles and the all important Golden Snitch. The Seeker has to catch the Golden Snitch to win the game.

Q3 – A shop you may find in Diagon Alley, where witches and wizards can buy all they need.
For 10 Points:
Ollivanders wand shop (where you get your wands), Flourish and Blotts (where you get your books) , The Magical Menagerie (sells all sorts of magical animals of all shapes and sizes), Scribbulus Everchanging Inks (where you can get you ink), Daily Prophet (a office),
For 5 points:
Obscurus Books of Diagon Alley (2), Eeylops Owl Emporium (3) Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop (2)
Not mentioned:
There is Florean Fortescue, the ice-cream parlour, Madam Malkin’s Robes for all occasions, Quality Quidditch Supplies and many more. In the wizarding world there are Knuts, Sickles and Galleons to spend. Knuts are bronze, Sickles are silver and Galleons are golden. The wizarding bank is Gringotts, run by goblins.

Q4 – Name a Defence Against the Dark Arts tutor in any of Harry’s five years at Hogwarts so far (at least five to choose from)
For 10 Points:
Professor Moody, Barty Crouch (the fake Professor Moody), Gilderoy Lockhart
For 5 points:
Professor Lupin (5), Professor Umbridge (4) ,
Not mentioned:
Professor Quirrell
Defence Against the Dark Arts teaches the witches and wizards at Hogwarts many protective spells. The most popular DADA teacher is Professor Lupin, who taught in Harry’s third year.
There was the fake Alastor Moody (in fact really Barty Crouch Junior) and the real Professor Moody. I am more or less certain that the real one taught for the last few weeks in the fourth book, but I could be wrong! I allowed both anyway!

Q5 – And finally, J. K. Rowling released two schoolbooks for charity in 2001. They were “Quidditch Through The Ages” by Kennilworthy Whisp and “Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them” by Newt Scamander. Name ANY of the ten breeds of dragons mentioned in “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”
For 10 Points:
Norwegian Ridgeback, Antipodean Opaleye, Ukrainian Ironbelly
For 5 points:
Hungarian Horntail Dragon (2), Swedish Short Snout (4), Peruvian Vipertooth (3),
Not mentioned:
Chinese Fireball
Common Welsh Green
Hebridean Ridgeback
Romanian Longhorn
Rowling released the books for Comic Relief. “Fantastic Beasts” is mentioned as one of the books needed by Hogwarts pupils, while “Quidditch Through The Ages” is popular in the Hogwarts library

RESULTS!
Lots of competitors…12. And a big tie for the top place!

Taesma - 35
ElfTwinkle - 35
Reggie 18 – 35
Engaline – 35

Ozzz2002 – 30
LeoDaVinci – 30
CinnamOm – 30
Julia103 – 30
BbSean – 30
Helen295 – 25
Beaker411 – 25
Santana - 25
Well done everybody!

Edited by JaneMarple (Thu Nov 11 2004 03:21 AM)

#247408 - Thu Nov 11 2004 08:12 PM Re: November Trivia Rounds
Engadine Offline
Multiloquent

ROUND 12

1. Name a song NOT written by Don Walker, from the album 'East' by Cold Chisel (there are five).

2. The death of English cricket was referred to in 1882 in a mock in memoriam notice that appeared in the Sporting Times. Name one of the players from the successful Australian team who played in the match, completed 29 August.

3. Name either the month and year, the character portrayed or the operatic piece that Joan Sutherland made her debut in at Covent Garden.

4. Name a geographical location (i.e., town or country [town in Australia but not the country, Australia]) that Eliza Fraser lived in after she survived the wreck of the brig Stirling Castle in 1836.

5. Name a Prime Minister of Australia who served for less than six months (there are five).

Edited by Engadine (Fri Nov 12 2004 08:38 PM)

#247409 - Thu Nov 11 2004 09:14 PM Re: November Trivia Rounds
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
Round 11- apologies for my tardiness.

1) In August 1994, New Zealand issued a set of stamps titled 'Wild Animals'. Name of of the animals depicted.

2) A railway station on Sydney's Eastern Suburbs Line.

3) A cricketer who has scored a triple century in a Test match (and his score!).

4) A species of penguin.

5) An American president who was over the age of 60 when he took office.

Cheers, and Good Luck, all

Edited to change round number.

Edited by ozzz2002 (Fri Nov 12 2004 07:49 AM)

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#247410 - Fri Nov 12 2004 07:26 AM Re: November Trivia Rounds
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Did I miss Round 11, or did it get skipped?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ozzz2002