Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#251712 - Mon Dec 13 2004 02:25 AM Help with correction, Romeo and Juliet fans...
blurrystar1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Victoria Australia
I received a correction on my quiz "Romeo and Juliet Storyline" but am not sure if the sender is correct and I'm wronbg or vice versa.

The correction refers to Q8 which has a yes or no answer. The question is:

"When Romeo came back to see Juliet he found that she was dead. This wasn't really the case but Friar Laurence gave her a potion which would make her *seem* dead for 42 hours, so she wouldn't have to marry Paris. Did the Montagues and Capulets continue to fight after they found their children had committed suicide?"

The correction says that Juliet appeared dead for 24 hours and not 42? Is this correct?

#251713 - Mon Dec 13 2004 03:03 AM Re: Help with correction, Romeo and Juliet fans...
Julia103 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Baltimore
Maryland USA
The entire text of the play is online at Romeo and Juliet

Act IV, Scene I, lines 108-109:
And in this borrow’d likeness of shrunk death
Thou shalt continue two-and-forty hours,

#251714 - Mon Dec 13 2004 03:06 AM Re: Help with correction, Romeo and Juliet fans...
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
It seems an awful long sleep. I never noticed that number before. Isn't it wonderful how you learn so much here?

#251715 - Mon Dec 13 2004 06:33 AM Re: Help with correction, Romeo and Juliet fans...
blurrystar1 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Victoria Australia
Thanks Julia. I thought it was 42 hours and before I submitted the quiz I'd researched it quite well. We'd also been studying Romeo and Juliet at the time so it was fresh in my mind. But mistakes can happen and I'm glad this one has been cleared up.

And Ren, yes it is wonderful how much you learn here. I probably don't even realise how much knowledge I've gained from FT but there you go, it is a great site in many ways including educational and entertaining!

#251716 - Mon Dec 13 2004 08:48 AM Re: Help with correction, Romeo and Juliet fans...
Anonymous
No longer registered

well I always thought it was 24 hours but upon googling it appears 42 is the right answer .
My mind is boggling

Moderator:  agony