Rules
Terms of Use

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#261821 - Mon Apr 18 2005 08:24 PM Re: Sue
SilverMoonsong Offline

Loc: Durham, North Carolina USA
Vicky,

Thanks for letting me know. I hope she likes the picture of Auntie Ren inside the card *giggles*

#261822 - Mon Apr 18 2005 10:14 PM Re: Sue
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
I bet it's a cow!! Isn't it?

#261823 - Tue Apr 19 2005 03:43 AM Re: Sue
SilverMoonsong Offline

nope... not a cow!

#261824 - Tue Apr 19 2005 04:53 AM Re: Sue
chelseabelle Offline
Star Poster

Loc: New York USA
It should have been a cow.

Was it an old bat?

#261825 - Tue Apr 19 2005 06:18 AM Re: Sue
ren33 Offline

It was quite possibly an aristocratic Lady, aging gracefully...
BTW all , Sue will go home tomorrow. Very pleased. Says she will try and PM you all to say thanks. I said no need and she had better get on and mow the lawn as it must be well high by now...

Edited by ren33 (Tue Apr 19 2005 07:02 AM)

#261826 - Tue Apr 19 2005 06:36 AM Re: Sue
vendome Offline
Prolific

Loc: Body: PA USA Heart: Paris   
Thank God! At last! Do you know what it's like to be able to see and not touch? It's like what Chelseabelle goes through when she volunteers at the Old Sailor's Home! I've been able to see the site, but unable to post in it. I'll get to that later....

How are you, Sue? I've been worried sick about you. I saw somebody mention a cow; that made me think of Chelseabelle, which made me think of FunTrivia, which made me think of you. I'm so thankful you're better. I'm not the most religious guy in the world, but I've prayed for you. I swear I could hear God moan and say, "it's the whiney fat boy again."

You've made me so nervous I'm no longer able to see my feet. From eating. My supermarket has put speed bumps in the candy aisle each time I visit. Restaurants don't give me a menu, they give me an estimate.

While you've been under the weather, Chelseabelle asked me to support her through this crisis. Support her? Her body is falling so fast her gynecologist wears a hard-hat. I don't want to call her old, but her walker has an air bag attachment. She asked me if I would go "all the way" with her after a date. After I retched, she explained that, to her, going all the way means gatting to the bathroom in time. I ended the affair after she tried to give me a hickey and left her teeth in my neck. UGH!

I've got so much to tell you--I'll save it for later. Just know how happy I am to send you my affection and good wishes and my joy that you are progressing.

Chelseabelle is at my door again. She wants to tell me about the worst four years of her life. Second grade. I'll make the best of it.

Bye for now.

#261827 - Tue Apr 19 2005 06:37 AM Re: Sue
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
That is excellent news!

#261828 - Tue Apr 19 2005 09:26 AM Re: Sue
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
Rich your message will be sure to speed Sue on the road to recovery.Probably make her swoon with Joy that you are back at FT and have missed her.

I am so glad Sue is going home. I bet her kitties will be so pleased to see her.

Oh Rich I would find a safe place to hide once CB reads your post. You do know the saying
"Hell has no Fury Like a Women Scorned" and it looks like you have chosen Sue over CB so the sparks are gonna fly. It will be just like Old times. Heeheehe!

PF

#261829 - Tue Apr 19 2005 11:21 AM Re: Sue
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Wondeful news to hear, I am sure Sue will be back with us soon!

#261830 - Tue Apr 19 2005 11:31 AM Re: Sue
TabbyTom Offline

Loc: Hastings Sussex England UK    
This is marvellous news. I'm looking forward to seeing Sue in the forums again.

#261831 - Tue Apr 19 2005 12:00 PM Re: Sue
Linda1 Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Munchkinland
Rich, dear, if that post doesn't make our Sue get well, nothing will! It's so great to hear from you again! You've still got that sense of humor that we all know and love.

I will now step back from this thread until Chelseabelle sees your post. I want to make sure I'm in a safe area when the sparks fly!

#261832 - Tue Apr 19 2005 02:02 PM Re: Sue
SilverMoonsong Offline

actually, the picture in the card was of a chimp.... makeup and all. It was Sue's "replacement" while she was getting better.... *giggle*

*runs and hides with Rich so she doesn't get hit*

#261833 - Tue Apr 19 2005 07:10 PM Re: Sue
SRSTrekker Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Arizona USA
well, I am so glad that Sue is better. She's is a great person from what I can tell here in the forums, and I always enjoy the sparring matches between Ren and her. They're so much fun to read!! Round...(what number are you on, Ren?). Go!

#261834 - Tue Apr 19 2005 07:55 PM Re: Sue
Chris1013 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SW London
England UK
Sue, it's so good to hear you're doing better. You must be thrilled to go home again! We're all looking forward to hearing from you again. All the best.

#261835 - Wed Apr 20 2005 02:36 AM Re: Sue
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

#261836 - Wed Apr 20 2005 06:52 AM Re: Sue
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Naughty, naughty Bonnie!

Rich my dear, the tears are rolling already.

OK update.

I came home an hour ago, had to get some food shopping on the way home.

At some stage I will be having 'open heart surgery' for the valve replacement. At present we just don't know if we are talking weeks, months or more (I told them that I have a wedding to attend in July). We just have to wait and see how I get on, if I get too out of breath it will be sooner.

Thank you all for your kindness and generosity.

#261837 - Wed Apr 20 2005 07:20 AM Re: Sue
ren33 Offline

Quote:

if I get too out of breath it will be sooner.

So Rich, you just stay out of here ... right??
I don't want the poor old bat with another attack of the vapours...

#261838 - Wed Apr 20 2005 07:24 AM Re: Sue
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Sheesh, I thought you said that you would be offline until the weekend, now we will have no peace.

#261839 - Wed Apr 20 2005 08:50 AM Re: Sue
chelseabelle Offline
Star Poster

Thank heavens you are back, Sue! That old bat ren has been downright impossible. She's been patrolling the Forums for spelling errors and grammatical mistakes and slapping offenders' knuckles with a ruler. When she ripped open her blouse to show Rich that she had "Vendome" tatooed on her chest, the poor man wretched so hard his dentures fell into his soup.

Quote:

if I get too out of breath

I guess that means you'll have to tone down the rough sex in the Staff Lounge.

#261840 - Wed Apr 20 2005 09:24 AM Re: Sue
vendome Offline
Prolific

WHY I COULD SEE AND NOT TOUCH
First of all, thanks to gtho4 for his help in straightening out my system and my ability to post in FunTrivia.

Several months ago, I checked my computer as always first thing in the morning and saw, in the Mail Sent stats, hundreds of messages sent that used my Email address but I could not bring up the message I supposedly sent. I was wondering what to do when AOL (my then ISP) sent me a message stating that they were after someone stealing Email addresses.

I didn't begin using my computer until that afternoon; nothing would work properly: sending Emails didn't work, my banking and bill payment program appeared to work (but really wasn't; what a mess this was!), I could not open Emails, something was really wrong. I spent three days trying to figure out what the problem was; the last day I was on the phone with AOL; they could not help.

Finally I called a computer store that offered home service and the tech came over and, after about an hour, told me that someone had sent a virus that destroyed every program and function in my computer. He quoted a price for him to re-create all lost programs; I could have purchased three computers for what he was charging. But I felt I had no choice: I do all of my shopping, banking, bill payment, EVERYTHING on line. I didn't want to start from scratch with a new system; if he could re-create the old system, I'd be content. Plus, I couldn't remember all I had on the virus-affected system.

To make a long story short--he had my computer for 2 weeks during which he purged and re-created everything. All seemed well, except for FunTrivia; I could see the system but could not post anywhere. But, thanks to a lot of hard work by George, he 're-created me' so here I am again. You all get to benefit from my delightful wit, snappy repartee and Chelseabelle-bashing.

The moral of the story:

Get anti-virus software

Watch activity on your system carefully

Make a periodic copy of all of your computer progams just in case

Don't be totally computer dependant like me (like all shopping, banking, bill payments, etc.)

So that's why I've been 'gone' for a while.

#261841 - Wed Apr 20 2005 09:45 AM Re: Sue
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
And I thought it was something that we had said!

Welcome back.

#261842 - Wed Apr 20 2005 09:54 AM Re: Sue
vendome Offline
Prolific

Oh, and I'm not worried about Chelseabelle. She's spending a few days with her son, Trick. (She named him after his father).

She's a bit angry with me. She was on her way to the finals of the Ernest Borgnine look-alike contest, and I complimented her on her lovely mink stole; well, was I mortified when she informed me she was wearing a strapless gown! I quickly mentioned her new alligator shoes; she was barefoot! Talk about sticking your foot in your mouth! (Anybodys but Chelseabelle's!)

I'm sure she'll get over it. I agreed to take her to the doctor on the 5th; she tried giving herself a breast exam with her toes (like I said--things are falling) and wants a doctor to do it.

Then she'll go back to Trick's and spent some time with her little grandson. It's like I keep telling her: look at the bright side! Now she has something other than her boobs to bounce on her knee.

More later.

Bye.

#261843 - Wed Apr 20 2005 10:03 AM Re: Sue
chelseabelle Offline
Star Poster

Rich, mon ami, I delight in your bashing. Each savage barb causes my ample flesh to quiver with excitement. I adore you. It is so cute when the drool collects in your scraggly beard and I have to wipe it away with my dainty fingers. And I don't mind that your formidable butt overhangs every (now fully reinforced) chair in my house and that you have such poor aim in the bathroom that I've had to surround the toilet with plastic drapes. I love it all. Remember your Zorba phase, when you smashed all the dishes after each meal? And, when we rapidly ran out of china, you burned the paper plates in the living room and pretended we had a fireplace. The firefighters really got a laugh out of that one. Do not leave again, mon amour, I cannot endure the pain of separation once again. I humbly kiss the hem of gtho's garment to thank him for opening the gates to FT for you. But, don't get any false hopes, dear Rich, I'm still not going to play The Farmer's Daughter and The Surly Cowboy with you ever again--I still have troubling sitting from the spur marks on my tush.

Generous person that I am, I'll allow you to woo Sue with your charms. But, if you even glance at ren, you're dead meat, and I'll rip her hair transplant plugs out by their grey roots.

#261844 - Wed Apr 20 2005 01:16 PM Re: Sue
argus9 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada   
Welcome Back Sue....(Humming the theme to Welcome Back Kotter here)Missed you much, now relax and enjoy a cup of tea.

Homer Simpson

#261845 - Wed Apr 20 2005 03:46 PM Re: Sue
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

I am so glad you are back Sue. You have been missed.
I have one little problem
Will they forward any mail you get at the hospital after you leave, to your home. The reason I ask is I posted you a card before we knew you were coming home and it has a cute picture in it that I would hate for you to not get.

It is so nice to see that all is back to normal. Rich is wooing Sue and CB is scaring the poor man and Ren is trying her hardest to get Rich to notice her and Linda and I are playing referee for them all.

I am humming the tune Hello Dolly only I am using Hello Sue.
It's so nice to have you back where you belong!

PF

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943