Terms of Use

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#261846 - Wed Apr 20 2005 03:54 PM Re: Sue
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
I would imagine that they will send things on, after all it costs nothing to redirect mail.

One amusing thing which happened, one day I received a huge parcel, and I mean huge. The woman from 'the desk' was curious, as was I. I opened it to find an enormous basket of fruit, the message inside said "To Di and Adrian, hope the move goes well, love Lorraine, Paul and the girls". I was mystified, as presumably Di and Adrian must have been to receive fruit with the message "To Sue, get well soon, love Jill"! We laughed so much. Fortunately Jill telephoned me to find out if it had arrived so I knew who to thank.

#261847 - Wed Apr 20 2005 04:07 PM Re: Sue
TabbyTom Offline

Loc: Hastings Sussex England UK    
It's great to have you back in the forums, Sue.

#261848 - Wed Apr 20 2005 04:07 PM Re: Sue
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
Oh my I can just picture their faces. How funny.

Glad to hear they will forward the mail.

I bet your cats were glad to see you.

Take care.
PF

#261849 - Wed Apr 20 2005 04:38 PM Re: Sue
JuniorTheJaws Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South Philadelphia PA USA    
Sue, it is great to see you back! As you can clearly see, you were truly missed!

Stay strong and stay well.

-------
Agnes (JTJ)

#261850 - Wed Apr 20 2005 04:52 PM Re: Sue
SRSTrekker Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Arizona USA
Welcome back, Sue! We all missed you! Well, except maybe Ren. I think she enjoyed having total reign of the insults with no one to respond to them.

All joking aside, though, it's great to have you back! Keep getting better!

#261851 - Wed Apr 20 2005 07:40 PM Re: Sue
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Great to see you back Sue, and it's also great to see so many 'old faces' returning here as well. It's nice to know people are always watching even when some may have gone a little quiet . Now let's have a party!

#261852 - Thu Apr 21 2005 12:13 AM Re: Sue
achernar Offline
Prolific

Loc: Mumbai India                  
Welcome back!

#261853 - Thu Apr 21 2005 05:27 AM Re: Sue
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Channel Islands    
What bliss to sleep in my own bed even if I did wake up at 6am for my medication.

#261854 - Thu Apr 21 2005 04:49 PM Re: Sue
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
Glad you're home Sue. [Hope you got my card.]

#261855 - Thu Apr 21 2005 06:18 PM Re: Sue
bloomsby Offline

Loc: Norwich England UK            
Welcome back, Sue!

#261856 - Fri Apr 22 2005 01:47 AM Re: Sue
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Channel Islands    
I did indeed ktstew, many thanks, I will be working my way through them all and sending out PMs so that you know they arrived safely.

#261857 - Fri Apr 22 2005 03:39 AM Re: Sue
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
OK I am here!! You tried didn't you? But you can't keep me out of here for long. I am now faster than the speed of light. Just call me SuperRen. So now, what's new? How are we? Some people would do anything to be the winner in the Saturday weigh in...

#261858 - Fri Apr 22 2005 07:18 AM Re: Sue
vendome Offline
Prolific

Loc: Body: PA USA Heart: Paris   
Hi! Chelseabelle will drop out of the Saturday Weigh In; the fork lift broke. She had some 'work' done, if you know what I mean. She got a package deal at a cosmetic surgeon after a total stranger said to her, "Hi, Mr. Borgnine! Can I have your autograph?"
I could have cried.

Anyway, she went under the knife on Friday. The surgeon pulled so much skin to the top of her head during the face lift she has to screw her hat on. Every time she crosses her legs her mouth snaps open. So much skin was pulled up she now blinks her lips. And don't even ask about her new diaphram! Every time I press the garage door opener, she spreads her legs. It's tragic.

Thank God she got some good news yesterday. The National Big Mammal Association announced that, since the lips of the African Giant Hippopotamus are two feet wide, they're giving it the name Chelseaus Belleicus in our dear Chelseabelle's honor. The scamp cried like a baby when she came in from grazing and read the telegram.

More later.

#261859 - Fri Apr 22 2005 08:12 AM Re: Sue
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Channel Islands    
You mean that you are expecting this super new computer to shift your lard Ren? In your dreams.

#261860 - Fri Apr 22 2005 08:13 AM Re: Sue
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Rich, you are a tonic!

#261861 - Fri Apr 22 2005 10:48 AM Re: Sue
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Some one once said that Laughter is the best medicine and Rich you will have Sue up and dancing a jig soon with your wonderful humour.

I know I laugh till the tears roll down my cheeks after reading about you and CB's courtship and life together.
It is so nice to have you both back. All is back to normal now.
PF

#261862 - Sat Apr 23 2005 06:53 AM Re: Sue
vendome Offline
Prolific

Thank you, PF--my number one fan! I'm a sick puppy--I think i'm a riot. I know humour is subjective and am grateful Chelse has been such a willing participant to my barbs. When we first started doing this, I used to send her a memo apologizing and reminding her that I'm just kidding. Frankly, if anybody said such things about me, I think I'd be hurt.

As long as it makes you guys smile, I'll continue. Or I could tell you about my other love: 18th century French Monarchy (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!) Trust me---stick with the humor.

#261863 - Sat Apr 23 2005 07:40 AM Re: Sue
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

You brighten up the dullest of days and make the sun shine brighter with your humor.

I know I look forward to your posts and I bet there are others here that also find your humor amusing and brilliant.

I know CB loves your little romantic posts about your courtship of her.I have read her replies and she loves every minute of it.

Also it is great fun to see Sara and Sue fighting over you and I know your posts brighten up their days to.

Yes I am your # 1 Fan and proud of the fact.

OK I had best quit now or your head will never fit through the door of CB's house.

PF

#261864 - Sat Apr 23 2005 09:01 AM Re: Sue
chelseabelle Offline
Star Poster

Loc: New York USA
Vendome said

Quote:

Frankly, if anybody said such things about me, I think I'd be hurt.

Hurt? Moi? I'd be hurt if you ignored me. Your barbs only titillate and excite me even more. Oooops, I probably shouldn't have said "titillate", I know how any mention of titties aggravates that slight incontinence problem of yours. I'd hate for you to be seen in here in another pair of wet pants.
And, the last time I hung your pants out to dry, one of the neighbors asked if "that tent you put up" meant we were going to hold the wedding in our backyard. She also asked if you would tone down practicing the drums out back. Of course I had to explain that you don't play the drums, but your (ahem) flatulence problem has a booming, distinctive percussive quality. She asked if you'd please lay off the beans so her toddler can manage to sleep through his afternoon nap.
I heard you wandered over to the senior citizens home to do some volunteer work and they kicked you out after they found you in bed with two elderly ladies. When they asked what you were doing, you really shouldn't have said, "Isn't this what's meant by physical therapy?" They had to sedate one of the old gals because she wouldn't stop muttering, "What was that funny looking little thing?" And the other one demanded, "Send me someone with some staying power next time!" Tsk, tsk, if you want them THAT old, you could always try ren.

Dear Rich, I think our relationship will go down in the annals with the great ones--Héloise and Abelard, Romeo and Juliet, Tarzan and Jane, and Michael Jackson and his pet chimp.

BTW, Sweetie, get yourself a new pair of sneakers on your way over here. I had to throw out the old ones you left on the front porch. The fire department showed up again. They thought that awful stench was a gas leak.

I hope your lip is feeling a little better and that the swelling has gone down. The next time you want to dance for me with a rose in your teeth, remove the thorns first. And the carpenter gave me an estimate for repairing the ceiling in the living room that cracked when you did that flamenco number around our bedroom, but getting to see you in that garter belt and heels was worth every penny of it.

Until next time, mon amour...

#261865 - Tue Apr 26 2005 05:30 AM Re: Sue
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Hopefully I have now sent PMs to all those who sent cards and gifts to me when I was in hospital - I hope that I haven't missed anyone.

I was so grateful to you all for your good wishes, the telephone calls, cards, flowers (and a very special thank you to Natasha who sent me her teddy to help me feel better), night attire (some of it risque!), DVDs - I was completely overwhelmed at the kindness of you all.

A very sincere thank you.

Sue

#261866 - Fri Jun 03 2005 02:33 PM Re: Sue
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Update on the progress of our Sue
I just had a message and she is getting sorted:
Quote:

Just to say that I am going into hospital for a few days for them to try to
sort out what is happening. I will have more tests and x-rays.

I check into Sorel ward but I could be in Rozel, not sure which yet.

Best place for me, I am taking Harry Potter with me.

I hope all goes well and they can do what is needed to get the old girl back to normal (Normal? Eh?)

#261867 - Sat Jun 04 2005 04:10 PM Re: Sue
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Well, I hope she gets better quick. I'm almost running out of candles with good hopes for her. Nearly set the curtains on fire last night !

Hurry back soon, Sue!

#261868 - Mon Jun 06 2005 08:28 AM Re: Sue
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Channel Islands    
OK folks, Monday afternoon and I am at home!

I don't have TB nor any other chest infection, what I do have is my dodgy ticker not coping so allowing fluid to build up in my lungs.

They have given my medication to reduce the fluid and I will be going to London tomorrow morning to have an angiogram on Wednesday. They might send me home on Thursday or they might keep me and get the knives ready.

If I am not home Thursday I will get my daughter to keep you informed (Jerseymonkey).

I am feeling so much better, I have actually regained my appetite and have eaten real food!

#261869 - Mon Jun 06 2005 08:36 AM Re: Sue
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Absolutely great to hear Sue. Keep on getting better...we're all thinking of you!

#261870 - Mon Jun 06 2005 09:54 AM Re: Sue
vendome Offline
Prolific

Sue:

Now that your appetite's back, I'll alert the farmers.

There were riots in Liverpool when word got out that you were 'not up to par' appetite-wise.

Rich

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943