Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#265715 - Thu May 26 2005 11:16 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Here is Round #27:

1. Name a character in the Tanner household on that icky TV show "Full House". P.S. -> They aren't all Tanners.

2. Say a novel by the great Carson McCullers.

3. Name a Feature Film directed by Jane Campion (no TV).

4. Tell me one of the names added to The Viet Nam War Memorial Wall in 2003.

5. Something you do/use to remedy that ghastly 'morning breath' .

Link is available on #4, if needed. Have fun! See you Sunday sometime.

#265716 - Thu May 26 2005 11:55 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
kevinatilusa Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: California USA       
Round 21 Results

6 people participated.

1. A Female Pianist at this years Cliburn Competition
10: Sa Chen, Chenxin Xu
5: Daria Robotkina (2 people)
Not accepted: Tori Amos (wasn't at the Cliburn), Alexey Koltakov (isn't female)

There were 16 other acceptable answers, representative of a change occurring in the Cliburn and in the piano world at large. 9 of the first 10 Cliburn Gold Medalists were male, and well as 10 of the 12 semifinalists at the 11th and most recent competition in 2001. This year saw a record 19 female competitors (out of 35), and the female semifinalists outnumber the males. The competition will continue all through next week.

2: An 18th century British Monarch
10: Anne, George I, George III, Mary II
5: George II

Also acceptable would have been William III of Orange, the other half of "William and Mary"

3: An Element in the 2nd row of the Periodic Table
10: Boron, Carbon, Flourine, Oxygen
Not accepted: Chromium, Sulfur (neither is in the 2nd row)

4. A German State that was once in East Germany
10: Berlin, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Saxony-Anhalt, Thuringia
5: Saxony (2 people)

Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt are different States. If that isn't confusing enough, Lower Saxony's a state as well.

5. A Jeffrey Archer Novel
10: Shall We Tell the President?
5: As the Crow Flies (2), Kane and Abel (2)
Not accepted: The Devil's Teardrop (by Jeffrey Deaver)

Archer's most recent work is a diary written during his time spent in prison for perjury.

Final Scores
40: Elftwinkle, Mugaboo
35: Santana2002
30: Cinnam0n, Ozzz2002
25: Flynn

Sorry to all for the late start and end to this round, and congrats to Elftwinkle, Mugaboo, and all who participated!

#265717 - Fri May 27 2005 02:47 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
Kuu Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia     
Because there was some trouble accessing this site I will keep Round 25 open an extra day.

#265718 - Fri May 27 2005 08:18 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Trivia Round 28

1. Name a movie that is a remake of a previous movie, including both titles in your response. Make sure your answer is a remake, not a sequel or just about the same characters.

2. Name a regular character on the television show M*A*S*H.

3. Name any land-locked state of the US.

4. Name a cereal mascot (Tony the Tiger, for example)

5. Name a fragrance by Calvin Klein.

#265719 - Sat May 28 2005 03:57 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
Kuu Offline
Prolific

ROUND 25 is closed. Answers and scores up soon.

#265720 - Sat May 28 2005 04:41 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Here are Sunday's questions, all to do with smiths or people named Smith this time:

Quote:

ROUND 29

Please name:

1 An actor or actress who appeared in the 1939 movie 'Mr Smith Goes to Washington'

2 A famous John Smith, and his claim to fame

3 A type of smith (eg a blacksmith - which you can use, if you want to)

4 A major league baseball team that relief pitcher Lee Smith played for between 1980 and 1997

5 A recipient of the Victoria Cross with the surname Smith (or Smyth, or Smythe)

I'll close this fairly late on Tuesday.

#265721 - Sat May 28 2005 04:51 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
Kuu Offline
Prolific

ANSWER TO ROUND 25 - 7 people played

1) In Norse Mythology, one of the offspring of the god Loki

No answer was worth 10 points

Worth 5 points

Fenrir wolf (3), Jormungard (2), Sleipnir (2)

Not mentioned his daughter Hel, and his two sons by the goddess Sigyn - Narvi and Vali

2) You are going away for a night, name one thing that you would put in an overnight bag

Worth 10 points
A belt, toothbrush, extra cigarettes, razor, perfume, clean socks, alarm closk

3) The name of an island in the Chatham Islands (New Zealand). This incudes the collective name given to group of rocks.

Worth 10 points
Star Keys, Mangere Island, South-East Island (Rangatira), The Pyramid

Worth 5 points
Pitt ISland (2)

I had one answer of Owenga but that seems to be a town on Chatham Island.

Islands not mentioned included the Forty-Fours, the Sisters, and the Castle.

4) A mammal that was 'discovered' (i.e. became known to Western science) in the twentieth century.

Worth 10 points
Large-antlered muntjac, sun-tailed monkey, Eomaia, Kouprey, Hystricognath, Alpine wooly rat, Kitti's hog-nosed bat

Hystricognath is actually a family of porcupine-like rodents from Vietnam and Laos. Though I asked for an individual species I allowed this answer because it seems that there has not yet been any classification on the species level.

Eomaia was a species that did indeed first became known to science in the 20th century. It has been extinct for millions of years but, as I didn't exclude fossil species, I had to allow it.

The Kitti's hog-nose bat is the smallest known mammal. Before it was discovered the pygmy shrew held that record.

5) The name of any ambassador in the sci-fi TV series "Babylon 5". This does not included un-named ambassadors (for example, I won't accept "the Drazi ambassador" as an answer)

Worth 10 points
Ulkesh Naranek (Vorlon ambassador - the second Kosh), Kalika (Abbai ambassador who appeared in one episode)

Worth 5 points
Kosh Naranek - Vorlon ambassador (3), Londo Mollari - Centauri ambassador (2)

Those not mentioned included
G'Kar (Narn ambassador), Delenn (Minbari ambassador), Sinclair (commander of Babylon 5 in first season, he later became the Earth ambassador to Mimbar), Vir Cotto (he was, for a short time, the Centauri ambassador to Mimbar)

I love this show BTW

SCORES

45 points - ozzz2002

40 points - Mugaboo, Elftwinkle
35 points - bracklaman, gatsby722, Cinnam0n, Santana2002

#265722 - Sun May 29 2005 02:38 AM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
I'm going to leave Round 27 open until ozzz gets back and has a chance to answer. It just wouldn't feel right to post a Results list without his inclusion on it .

#265723 - Sun May 29 2005 07:19 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
Exit10 Offline

Loc: Brisbane Queensland Australia
Sorry about the delay to the Round 22 results - 9 players

1.South Dakota - please name a symbol (e.g. animal, flower, bird etc.)

10 Points: Triceratops (fossil), Black Hills Spruce, Rose quartz, Fairburn agate, Houdek (soil), State Seal
5 Points: Honey bee (3)
Not mentioned: Pasque (flower), Chinese Ring-necked pheasant (bird), coyote (animal), walleye (fish) et al.

2. Spider - please name an Australian spider

10 Points:Jewel, White-tailed, Funnel web, Whip, Flower, St Andrews Cross, Daddy Longleg, Eriophora ZZ114 (Curled Leaf), Wolf
5 Points:-

3. Please name a Patron Saint of sexual temptation.
10 Points:Catherine of Siena, Angela of Foligno, Margaret of Cortona,
5 Points:Mary of Edessa (2), Pelagia of Antioch (2), Mary of Egypt (2)
Not mentioned: Mary Magdalen, Mary Magdalen of Pazzi

On first glance the common bond was that they were all females. Not all of them were prostitutes and not all of them had a vision but were sainted anyway. I gave out a total of 4 bonus points.

4. A currency that starts with 'S'. Spelling counts and please name the country

10 Points:Kenyan shilling, Seniti (Tonga), Sol (Peru), Shilling (Somalia)
5 Points:Somoni (Tajakistan) (2), Sucre (Ecuador) (2)

Not allowed: Shekel (Israel). I have it on very good authority from one of our members that the currency for Israel is the New Shekel, totally different than the shekel.

Not mentioned: som (Uzbekistan & Kyrgistan), shilling (Uganda & Tanzania), syli (Guinea)

5. A type of shellfish.
10 Points:Zebra mussels, Scallop, Prawns, Abalone, Blue Crab, Brown shrimp, Periwinkles, cowrie (mollusc) crawfish
5 Points: -

They were all gimmes and there are stacks more, too many to mention.

Scores
ozzz, Mugaboo - 46
Cinnam0n, BlinkyBill - 45
Leo, Santana - 41
Littlewoman, Elftwinkle - 40
gats - 35

Congrats ozzz and Mugaboo.

#265724 - Sun May 29 2005 08:11 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
cinnam0n Offline

Round 28 will be open until Monday evening ----

#265725 - Mon May 30 2005 12:01 AM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
Results for Round 26. Seven players took part.

Question 1- Last night, Queensland narrowly defeated New South Wales in the the first game of Rugby League State of Origin series. Danny Buderus was the captain, but can you tell me the name of any previous NSW captain?

10 points- Gavin Miller, Benny Elias, Tommy Raudonikis

5 points- Laurie Daley (3)

Definitely disallowed- Wally Lewis- He came from the 'enemy' camp, Queensland

Not mentioned- Steve Rogers, Max Krilich, Ray Price, Steve Mortimer, Wayne Pearce, Peter Sterling, Brad Fittler, Geoff Toovey, Andrew Johns, and the current captain, Danny Burerus.

Question 2- Most chemical symbols are simply the first initial {or two) of the element they represent, (eg C=Carbon and Li= Lithium). Give me the name and symbol of an element that does not follow this 'rule'.

10 points- Lead (Pb), Magnesium (Mg), Mercury (Hg), Gold (Au), Tungsten (W), Copper (Cu), Antimony (Sb)

Question 3- In my last round I asked for an Alistair MacLean novel set against a non-war background. In this round, I want to know a book by the same author that IS set in wartime.

10 points- 'Where Eagles Dare', 'South By Java Head', 'The Last Frontier'.

5 points- 'Force 10 From Navarone' (2)

Others include 'The Guns of Navarone', 'Partisans' and 'HMS Ulysses'

Disallowed- 'The Cruel Sea' written by Nicholas Monsarrat. and 'Lawrence of Arabia', which was a biography, not a novel.

Question 4- The Scrabble fraternity in Australia hold regular tournaments throughout the year. Please tell me the name or location of a tourney that is to be held in New South Wales between now and the end of the year.

10 points- Beecroft, the Speedy, Sydney Jubilee, Bankstown, Woy Woy

5 points- Oatlands

I hope to compete in most of these

Question 5- Artist have used all sorts of media to create their works, but can you name a 'painting' made from Jelly Belly jelly beans?

10 points- Carousel Horse, Buffalo Nickel, Larry King, Minnie Mouse, Abraham Lincoln

5 points- Laurel and Hardy

Perfect 50- Cinnamon
45 points- ElfTwinkle
40 points- Kuu, Santana
35 points- Mugaboo, Gatsby
30 points- Bracklaman

Thanks all for your patience, and plaudits to our winner.

(And a thank you to ElfTwinkle for being honest- I did the scores in a bit of a rush.)

Edited by ozzz2002 (Mon May 30 2005 06:51 AM)

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#265726 - Mon May 30 2005 12:37 AM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Whew! Round 27 is closed now. One of you broke my heart on this one. Results in more hours than I'd like to admit to. Welcome back, ozzz, and the extension of time got a few more players than I expected. All in now; results eventually.

#265727 - Mon May 30 2005 07:41 AM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
ElfTwinkle Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Crazy Canuck   
Round 30: Mon. May 30th

Quote:

Give me the:

Question 1) Name of a movie released BEFORE 2005/this year starring actor James Doohan (Note: movies released in 2005 or later, movies made for TV, and movies that James Doohan was either uncredited or just provided the voice for a character will NOT be accepted):

Question 2) Name of a book in the Belle Palmer Series written by Lou Allin: Go here for the titles of all 4 books in the series --- also please note that the 4th book has been released (it was released just a few weeks ago), but it may appear as forthcoming on some sites(as it does on the list to which I've provided a link)

Question 3) Title of a song on the album, My Stompin' Grounds (released in 1972) by Stompin' Tom Connors:

Question 4) The 2005 Mastercard Memorial Cup was played from May 20th to May 29th (The London Knights finished their dream season by winning the Memorial Cup/Canada's Junior Hockey Championship for 2004-05) --- name one of the players who played in at least 1 of the 4 Memorial Cup tournament games for the Memorial cup winning London Knights (Note: there are a handful of players listed on the Knights roster who did not play in any of the Knights games in the Memorial Cup tournament and players who did not play in any of the games will NOT be accepted as correct answers):

Question 5) The bugs are attacking --- give me the name of a place in Canada that has an insect that is NOT a mosquito roadside attraction (There are at least 6) (Note: The mosquito roadside attractions have already been the subject of one of my Trivia Round questions and will NOT be accepted as answers for this round):

Note: As per usual, if you are having trouble with any of these questions (notably Q4 and Q5), please PM me and I will try to point you in the right direction

Have fun!

***edited to add a link for question 2 as it has come to my attention that not all sites include the titles of all 4 books in the Belle Palmer Series***

Edited by ElfTwinkle (Wed Jun 01 2005 07:15 AM)

#265728 - Mon May 30 2005 05:15 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
cinnam0n Offline

Round 28 is closed --- results soon....

#265729 - Mon May 30 2005 05:55 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
cinnam0n Offline

Round 28 Results
11 players this time!

1. Movies and their Remakes
10 points - Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 1974,2003; Scarface - 1932,1983; Mighty Joe Young - 1949, 1998; Planet of the Apes -1968, 2001; Dracula - 1979, 1992 (and several others); The Ring(2002), remake of Ringu, (1998); Point of No Return (1993), remake of La Femme Nikita(1990); Cape Fear - 1962, 1991; An Affair To Remember (1957), remake of Love Affair(1939); Invasion of the Body Snatchers - 1956, 1978; 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - 1916, 1954

I thought of this question upon hearing about 3 current remakes - The Longest Yard, which just came out, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, (remake of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory) , and War of the Worlds, both coming out this summer. Others I thought of were Psycho, Meet Joe Black (Death Takes a Holiday), The Island of Dr. Moreau.

2. M*A*S*H characters
10 points
Cpl/Sgt. Maxwell Q. Klinger, Col. Sherman T. Potter, Maj. Margaret "Hotlips" Houlihan, Capt. B.J. Hunnicut
5 points - Capt. Benjamin Franklin Hawkeye Pierce (3), Cpl. Walter Eugene "Radar" O'Reilly (2), 1st Lt/Capt. Father Francis John Patrick Mulcahy(2)

Several more that weren't mentioned, including my personal favorite, Col. Henry Blake.

3. Land-locked states
10 points- Colorado, South Dakota, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Utah
5 points - Iowa (2), Nevada (2)
Maryland was an unacceptable answer, because it borders the Atlantic Ocean.

4. Cereal Mascots
10 points - Toucan Sam (Froot Loops), Fred Flintstone (Fruity Pebbles) , Pop (Rice Krispies/Rice Bubbles), Klondike Pete (Golden Nuggets), CinnaMon (Apple Jacks)
5 points - Sugar Bear (Golden Crisp, AKA the SUPER SUGAR Crisp of my childhood)(2), Trix Rabbit (Trix) (2), Crackle (Rice Krispies)(2)

5. Calvin Klein fragrances
10 points - CK One, Be, Eternity Moment
5 points - Truth (2), Eternity (2), Contradiction (2), Escape (2)

Scores
50 - littlewoman2
45 - Mugaboo
40 - gatsby722, ElfTwinkle, ozzz2002
35 - gemini19, Kuu, ren33, LeoDaVinci
30 - Santana2002, kevinatilusa

Thanks for playing, everyone! Way to go, littlewoman!

#265730 - Mon May 30 2005 11:06 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
LeoDaVinci Offline

Welcome to another round of: The Tuesday questions!

So without further ado, I give you:
Round XXXI - Tuesday May 31st, 2005.
As Gatsby may have mentioned, this is also my birthday, so questions will be related.
Quote:

The Questions:

1. Clint Eastwood was also born on May 31st. Name a feature movie that he directed...
2. On May 31st, 1990, the first episode of "The Seinfeld Chronicles" was aired. Name a character who was on at least 16 episodes...
3. Franz Joseph Haydn died on May 31st, 1809. Name a symphony of his that has a name in addition to a number... (i.e. Symphony 87 will not be accepted, as that is the only name it is known by)
4. In World War I, the Battle of Jutland was fought on May 31st. Name one of the British ships sunk in this battle...
5. Name what kind of cake I ought to bake for my birthday...

Good luck and have a great week!

#265731 - Tue May 31 2005 07:30 AM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Round 27

Didn't like this Round much. I had to disallow too many answers. I hate that (if only I'd noticed them before I closed it we could have all found the right page!). Anyway...

A Member Of The Tanner Household In That Icky TV Show "Full House"

For 10 Points:
D.J. (Donna Jo) Tanner, Danny Tanner, Nick Katsopolis (one of the twins), Michelle Tanner, Comet (the dog - and I loved that answer! ).

For 5 points:
Stephanie Tanner(5!), Joey Gladstone(2).

Let me say that I'm not a fan of this show but the reruns show at 5 in the AM. So I occasionally watch. I also occasionally puke on the sugary sweetness of it. Harmless, though, I guess.

A Novel By The Great Carson McCullers

The key word there being 'novel'.

No 10 pointers!

For 5 points:
Reflections In A Golden Eye(3), The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter(2), The Member Of The Wedding(2), Clock Without Hands(2).

Disallowed a few. While they are McCullers projects "The Square Root Of Wonderful" was a play and "The Mortgaged Heart" was a posthumous collection of short writings. Neither novels. One of our players live where Carson McCullers was born. How cool!

A Feature Film Directed By Jane Campion

For 10 points:
After Hours, An Angel At My Table, Peel (AKA An Exercise In Discipline), Sweetie.

For 5 points:
In The Cut(2), The Portrait Of A Lady(2), A Girl's Own Story(3).

I couldn't find "Loaded" anywhere. Correct me if I'm wrong. So that answer was not allowed.

A Name Added To The Viet Nam Memorial Wall In 2003

For 10 points:
SP4 James Mark Rogers, Frank Luther Huddleston, PFC William Joseph Cannell.

For 5 points:
SFC Dwaine Usry McGriff(3), SPC Kevin John Joyce(3)

That's all of them that were added that year. Sorry, but I had to disallow all other answers. Thank God that Wall is there, by the way. My goal in life, before my lights go out, is to just touch those names.

Something You Do/Use To Get Rid Of That Ghastly Morning Breath

For 10 points:
Clean/Brush your teeth, Swallow a Berocca tablet [it's real, but I never heard of it before], Brush your tongue (LOL - but that really does work), Drink coffee, Drink lots of water, Chew gum, Chew parsley!

For 5 points:
Mouthwash/Gargle(5)

The Scores!

ElfTwinkle & Polaris101 - 40 points!

LeoDaVinci, ren33, Santana2002 - 35 points!

Kuu, littlewoman2 - 30 points!

bracklaman, cinnamOn, Mugaboo, spanishliz - 25 points!

ozzz2002 - 20 points!

Great job all! Sorry about my sluggish attention to the answers flowing in.

Edited by gatsby722 (Tue May 31 2005 07:37 AM)

#265732 - Tue May 31 2005 01:40 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

I'll be closing Round 29 in a couple of hours, if anyone wants to get a late entry in.

#265733 - Tue May 31 2005 02:02 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
Flynn_17 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hull Yorkshire England UK     
God forbid someone closes round 23!

#265734 - Tue May 31 2005 02:20 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
God Forbid that you took the time to notice.

#265735 - Tue May 31 2005 02:22 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
Flynn_17 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hull Yorkshire England UK     
Heheheh. Sorry. I'm not very patient. I blame the dry-cleaners.

#265736 - Tue May 31 2005 02:22 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Flynn, sometimes a little thing called "life" gets in the way of posting answers to quiz rounds...the answers are Always posted in the end, we are very easy in the trivia rounds

#265737 - Tue May 31 2005 03:32 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Round 29 is now closed. Results soon.

#265738 - Tue May 31 2005 04:50 PM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

ROUND 29 RESULTS

Twelve people played this round!

1 An actor or actress who appeared in the 1939 movie 'Mr Smith Goes to Washington'

Worth 10 points:
James ‘Jimmy’ Stewart (Mr. Smith himself!), Astrid Allwyn, Edward Arnold, Jean Arthur, Beulah Bondi, Jack Carson, Ruth Donnelly, Grant Mitchell, Larry Simms, H.B. Warner

Worth 5 points:
Claude Rains (2)

This is one of my favourite films, and several of you seem to agree with me!

2 A famous John Smith, and his claim to fame

Worth 10 points:
John Smith, actor (‘Friendly Persuasion’, many others); John Smith, professional toastmaster in Scotland; John Smith, wrestler and university coach; John N. Smith, producer and director; Raccoon John Smith, frontier Kentucky preacher; (Edward) John Smith, captain of the ‘Titanic’

Worth 5 points:
John Smith, late leader of the Labour party in the UK (2); John F. Smith, writer for soaps (‘The Young and the Restless’ and ‘The Bold and the Beautiful’)(2), John Maynard Smith, biologist (2)

The most notable absentee is the John Smith of early American history, he who is associated with Pocahontas.

3 A type of smith (eg a blacksmith - which you can use, if you want to)

Worth 10 points:
Bronzesmith, coppersmith, gunsmith, pewtersmith, tinsmith, whitesmith, woodsmith, a Smith & Wesson handgun (!)

Worth 5 points:
Goldsmith (2), silversmith (2)

4 A major league baseball team that relief pitcher Lee Smith played for between 1980 and 1997

Worth 10 points:
Chicago Cubs (1980-87), St Louis Cardinals (1990-93), Montreal Expos (1997)
Worth 5 points:
Boston Red Sox (1988-1990)(3), Baltimore Orioles (1994)(3), California Angels (1995-96)(3)

Not mentioned: New York Yankees (part of 1993), Cincinnati Reds (part of 1996)

He was Rolaids Relief Pitcher of 1991 and 1992 in the National League, and 1994 in the American League.

5 A recipient of the Victoria Cross with the surname Smith (or Smyth, or Smythe)

Worth 10 points:
Clement Leslie Smith (Lieut., Duke of Cornwall’s Light Infantry, attd 5th Somaliland LI, Somaliland, 1904), Issy Smith (A/Corporal, 1st Bn, The Manchester Regt, Belgium, 1915), James Alexander Smith (Private, 3rd Bn, The Border Regt, France, 1914), John Smith (Sgt, Bengal Sappers & Miners, Indian Army, Delhi, India, 1857), John Manners Smith (Lieut., Indian Staff Corps & 5th Gurkha Rifles, Indian Army, Hunza Campaign, India, 1891)

Worth 5 points:
Ernest Alvia ‘Smokey’ Smith (Private, The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada, Italy, 1944)(3); J. Smith (Private, 1st Madras Fusiliers, Lucknow, India, 1857)(2), Philip Smith (Corporal, 17th Regt, Crimea, 1855)(2)

There were several others not mentioned.

There is a three-way tie for the win:

ElfTwinkle, Mugaboo, Polaris101 all had 45 points!

40 points: cinnam0n, gatsby722, Kuu
35 points: Ballykissangel, bracklaman, LeoDaVinci, littlewoman2, ren33
30 points: ozzz2002

Welcome to new player Ballykissangel, and thanks to all for playing!

Congratulations and a point each to Elf, Mugaboo and Polaris.

#265739 - Wed Jun 01 2005 07:23 AM Re: May 2005 Trivia Rounds
ElfTwinkle Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Crazy Canuck   
Round 30 will be open for at least another day or 2.

It's come to my attention that some people are stuck on question 2 as it appears to them that there are not the required number of answers available for the question to be valid.

I have added a link (in the post of my Round 30 questions) to a site that includes the titles of all 4 books that can be used as answers for the question. On some sites either only 3 books appear, or the 4th book appears but is listed as forthcoming --- the 4th book was just recently released, and is a valid answer to the question.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ozzz2002