Rules
Terms of Use

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#266951 - Tue May 17 2005 08:23 AM Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
The previous thread was rather full so started it off again. This is the thread to say how you are feeling - to share good news and bad news. What is your personal highlight of the week?

#266952 - Tue May 17 2005 08:32 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
beee Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Karlsruhe Germany
of the week? It's only tuesday so this may change later, but so far:

Getting 61 for my IR essay

#266953 - Tue May 17 2005 09:06 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Congrats, beee. You'll end up great! No doubt about it.

My doubt of the day, of which many happen, is that someone grabbed my total heart recently. Online, no less. I can't possibly actually love somebody! But I do. I want to wake up and smell her morning breath. I want to share spaghetti with her. I want to rub her feet before sleep time. I mostly just want to listen. How did this happen? Terrible problem.

Low points happened yesterday. Or the day before. Over all that now.

#266954 - Tue May 17 2005 09:22 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
Congratulations, Gats. Love is newly invented every time, isn't it?

#266955 - Tue May 17 2005 10:04 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
ktstew - not sure if you knew who I was talking about there. You have your Gatsby (not sure what to do with him, though - he's a rascal, for sure). "You had me before you said a word much". Funny things happen. Now that I'm all public with this...

#266956 - Tue May 17 2005 10:29 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

What WHAT can be done with a person like you???? Why not CNN, David? It's faster. It covers more global area for the buck! YOU - you thing you ! AAAIIIIEEEEE..........

#266957 - Tue May 17 2005 10:40 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

#266958 - Tue May 17 2005 10:43 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Nothing To Say. That was enough.

#266959 - Tue May 17 2005 06:06 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Wow, am I to believe two of my favourite people I also only know online so far have got together? If so, I'm the first one to congratulate you, that's certainly my high of the day to see Funtrivia has yet again put two great individuals together.

My low, I'm very sad to say, is on a similar but opposite vein, and that's finding not everyone here is such a friend to me. I won't say more detail, but taking things too seriously is not necessary in life, and just drags the people around you down as well. But I haven't let it spoil my pleasure at the good news, that's far more important than my current issue.

#266960 - Tue May 17 2005 09:14 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Thanks, Sat - you're a good friend, and to my knowledge, have been kind and open to those around you. Don't allow anyone to make you doubt yourself. I believe 'your heart is good', as the American Lakota Sioux are fond of saying. You are one of the best things about FT. Don't forget that!

Edited by ktstew (Thu Jul 14 2005 08:32 AM)

#266961 - Wed May 18 2005 12:00 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
I had a strange dream recently. In it I was spending the afternoon playing Trivial Pursuit with satguru and ozzz. I lost the game but the beers tasted OK. Dave, if somebody can move into a stranger's head like that means that you are very important. Let any nay-sayers do what they may. You have mattered to so many people here! Who is not appreciating you? Tell me and I'll take a cyber bat to 'em .

#266962 - Wed May 18 2005 06:29 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
My low of the day/week... Discovering that Gatsby loves another! I thought he was saving himself for me, I am distraught.

#266963 - Wed May 18 2005 06:30 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Gats, now I am mortified!! What do you mean by promising yourself to another , when I was saving myself for you? You knew that. We talked of riding our bikes down the aisle together, had you forgotten our tryst? For shame... (sob)

#266964 - Wed May 18 2005 06:34 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Ballykissangel Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada    
Wow, Gatsby. All these women pining after you. Makes me feel I've been missing out.

All the best to you!

#266965 - Wed May 18 2005 06:51 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
Gatsby why would you promise anything to those two harpies when I know it is Moi that you care for.

How else can I explain the secret love poems and letters you keep slipping into my morning porridge.

Makes them a little tough to read but they are great as facial masks.

By the way what is that kiddies pool filled with jello doing in your back yard? Are you having a party of some kind?

I am sure it will be a fun filled afternoon.

PF

#266966 - Wed May 18 2005 07:24 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Shrivats Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Dubai, UAE
Today is the best day of my life, well, at least so far. We finally got our results for our board exams (ICSE). To non-Indians, the Boards are really quite something. They're these exams held on all India, and world basis, with over a million students participating. Equivalents of the O and A levels.
Well anyway, I came first in my school, and fifth in the world with 96.6 percent. (483 out of 500). Really, the stuff that dreams are made of.

My twin, kaushik_twin, got 94.2 percent, so as you can probably guess, we're both over the moon at the moment

#266967 - Wed May 18 2005 07:38 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Congratulations, that is such brilliant news!!I know the ICSE is really challenging. Well done! How are you going to celebrate?

#266968 - Wed May 18 2005 07:52 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
I am so thrilled for you both, well done.

#266969 - Wed May 18 2005 08:06 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Shrivats Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Dubai, UAE
Well, we've got a quiz party today, being your typical FT-ites.

Anyway, I noticed I didn't give a breakup of the results, so if any of you out there are interested, which you probably aren't, here goes:

Shrivats:
English: 94
Science: 94
Maths: 97
History, Civics, Geography: 99
Computers (basically JAVA): 99

Kaushik:
English: 92
Science: 92
Maths: 94
Computers: 95
History, Civics and Geography: 98

We'll probably be treating our classmates to a party, and going off to Star Wars as well.
'Tis also a tradition for us to smother our teachers under an avalanche of chocolates, so we'll be doing that on Saturday. (As we live in the Gulf, our holidays are on Thursday and Friday.)

Thanks for your good wishes

Shrivats (and Kaushik)

#266970 - Wed May 18 2005 08:13 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
I am very, very impressed. I wouldn't mind betting that your parents are also over the moon with your results, they must be so proud of you both.

#266971 - Wed May 18 2005 08:15 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Ballykissangel Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada    
Congratulations. Could hardly be better! I'm totally impressed.

#266972 - Wed May 18 2005 10:02 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Wow Shrivats, 5th in the world! I always said Funtrivia attracts the best, well done both of you!

Thanks for the support Dave and Katie, it really does mean a lot. I know in any group little issues are bound to arise from time to time, but it's still not much fun when they do.

And how about dreaming about me as well- that's a real honour! If you saw my FT dreams thread here I also had a few dreams where I was meeting other members, mainly the ones I IM regularly in India, and we do have a way of bringing our distant online friends into our lives however we can, though of course I have since met one in real life all the way from down under!

#266973 - Wed May 18 2005 10:50 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

How incredible the two of you must be, Shrivrats and of course the parents are proud. It is also a treat to have you here at FT. May your work and achievements continue to enlarge!

You may get to meet another member, David, if I can come up with enough extra $$ for the London trip. Still working it!

Edited by ktstew (Wed May 18 2005 10:54 AM)

#266974 - Wed May 18 2005 11:03 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Well done Shrivats and Kaushik

Edited by JaneMarple (Wed May 18 2005 11:06 AM)

#266975 - Wed May 18 2005 01:05 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Flynn_17 Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hull Yorkshire England UK     
Yeah, well done!

Low of my week - 3 Chemistry exams tomorrow that I intend to fail. Then 2 Psychology synoptic papers.

Blah.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943