Rules
Terms of Use

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#267001 - Tue May 31 2005 07:51 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Yikes, Sue! Seems like someone up there is tripping you up at each turn. What to really say? All of us milling about send you the most positive of energy. Not sure if that helps, but I am sure it can't hurt.

#267002 - Tue May 31 2005 11:16 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Ballykissangel Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada    
Oh Sue, that's awful news! You've had more than your share of hard knocks. You'll certainly be in my thoughts and prayers.

#267003 - Tue May 31 2005 11:19 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Palmer Alaska USA           
Hello there! I thought I'd pop in and say hello really quick. Nice to see all of you!

I haven't had any lows recently. I took the HSGQE(High School Qualifying Exam) and passed with amazing scores. I've been golfing a LOT recently. Know what the best part is? I've been golfing for FREE.

A little bit of a low is that I haven't been keeping up with my computer. I usually take time every day to hone my computer skills and I haven't been doing that recently. I'll have plenty of time for that this summer though, seeing as I'll be studying among some of the best Programmers in the world. I should be able to learn a few more computer languages.

I'm glad to see all of you. I can't stress that enough. You are great people.

Until I meander over to the forums again,
Daniel Henry

#267004 - Tue May 31 2005 11:26 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

Well, I figure I'd better add this to my favorite threads so I can get to it faster.

#267005 - Tue May 31 2005 12:12 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
Good to see you again, DLH! Congratulations on your exam results. Pop in when you can.

Oh,Sue - what can anybody really say that's of much use? We are here to listen when you want to talk. And when faced with the kind of trauma you've been subject to lately, talking might help you ease some of the tension you have to be feeling. All of our prayers and thoughts go your way, certainly!

#267006 - Tue May 31 2005 02:19 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
I'm thinking of you Sue

#267007 - Tue May 31 2005 10:09 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

Oh dear. I should have read the other posts in this thread. You're in my prayers Sue. I hope you make it through.

#267008 - Wed Jun 01 2005 04:49 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Ballykissangel Offline
Multiloquent

Hey people. There is a big bright, yellow orb in the sky. It looks vaguely familiar....

It's finally SUNNY and warm. WooHoo!! After 20+ straight days of rain and drizzle. What a tonic for the soul.
People's faces are animated once more. Everywhere they are moving about almost as if they need to get everything done while the good weather lasts.

It surely is amazing the effect sun and warmth has on a person

#267009 - Wed Jun 01 2005 08:47 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

Hey people. There is a big bright, yellow orb in the sky. It looks vaguely familiar....

It's finally SUNNY and warm. WooHoo!! After 20+ straight days of rain and drizzle. What a tonic for the soul.
People's faces are animated once more. Everywhere they are moving about almost as if they need to get everything done while the good weather lasts.

It surely is amazing the effect sun and warmth has on a person

The sun truly is a beautiful thing.

#267010 - Wed Jun 01 2005 09:15 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
LeoDaVinci Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Can't say I've had too many lows in my life recently. I'm back home, which is a definite high after being away for nearly ten months, and results of my exams at the University were finalized and I passed everything even better than I expected. I had a great birthday, and have been to the beach a lot recently, with a new hobby - windsurfing.

I do feel torn between Toronto and Israel though, its difficult having two places to call "home". Its like I have two sets of friends, two different personalities, two different LIVES. These will never be made into one, all that's left to be determined is which of them comes out on top and will eventually become the life I'll lead for the rest of my life. My fingers are crossed for Sue, hoping that somethign will turn out to be merely nothing.

And I'm not that young any more... this birthday finally confirmed it.

Quote:

The sun truly is a beautiful thing.

Truly it is!

Edited by LeoDaVinci (Wed Jun 01 2005 09:16 AM)

#267011 - Thu Jun 02 2005 05:54 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
DLHenry Offline
Enthusiast

Hi Leo!

Good to see you! Don't worry about your age, it's just a number. It's how you feel on the inside that counts.

Well, I have a lot of things to get done.

Farewell,
-Daniel

#267012 - Thu Jun 02 2005 06:41 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
marley Offline
Explorer

Loc: North Carolina USA
High point: This is the final day of work for me until August unless I find a summer job. I teach high school literature and history, and this is the final day of exams and grading. So now I have some free time.

Low point: This is the final day of work for me until August unless I find a summer job. No work equals no paycheck. So now I have no income. (I was never any good at math but I learned that simple economic equation/relation long ago!)

Funny how something can be both the high and low point. I've always had that dialectic way of viewing the world; I tend to simultaneously look at the cloud and the silver lining, the emotional and the rational, the yin and yang, the reader and the audience, etc. I suppose it keeps me somewhat level-- no extremes, because I always find a way to moderate them with another perspective.

One example springs to mind: when I was a schoolboy, I never enjoyed our family beach vacations because I knew that the moment that we got in the car it was already heading to its conclusion. It seems the anticipation was much more satisfying.

Oh well, Im sorry I rambled on, but I wondered, does anyone else do this? It seems as if some people do find a way to keep themselves from being too happy. Me being one.
Thanks for reading anyway...

#267013 - Thu Jun 02 2005 06:44 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
marley Offline
Explorer

Sue, I hope your week turned out OK. As the saying goes, "the darkest hour is just before dawn." Hang in there.

#267014 - Fri Jun 03 2005 06:29 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
High spot of day definitely seeing the absolutely gorgeous cardiologist who is caring for me, low spot is that I will be in hospital within the hour but hopefully only for a few days this time while they try to sort out this lung problem.

See you all soon I hope - mind you I might have to go to London next week for the planned angiogram.

#267015 - Fri Jun 03 2005 06:34 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Ballykissangel Offline
Multiloquent

Sue,

Does your cardiologist have a wife?

Hope all goes well for you. I'm sure you'll be well and back with us in no time.

#267016 - Fri Jun 03 2005 06:40 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
marley Offline
Explorer

So thats how that cardiologist works-- he makes the heart race. What an interesting twist on holistic medicine. And I've always heard that "laughter is the best medicine;" I would refer anyone to the "Patch Adams" story for a good example of that.
Good luck to Sue and get out soon.

#267017 - Thu Jun 09 2005 06:56 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
You know what? The high and low point of my day is totally the same (so far). Gats has absolutely nothing much left to lose! I could complicate that by saying "Well, let me find something to get enthused about". But I won't, because I AM enthused about a lot. It's just not enough to stop the direction I'm on. Life is a funny thing. Of all things that God (or whoever the Higher Power) is decided to steal from me what was the best thing I had. The use of my legs and now my arms mostly (I can still steer my typing hand at the moment, but that will eventually go, too). I'm such a realist. Today sucks. I hope everyone else's is better.

Edited by gatsby722 (Thu Jun 09 2005 07:05 AM)

#267018 - Thu Jun 09 2005 11:32 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
You are very much in my thoughts Dave.

My high and low, high is that I don't have clogged up arteries in my heart, low is that the open heart surgery is necessary within a couple of weeks, I was told that to wait until early August would not be an option, it is much more urgent.

#267019 - Thu Jun 09 2005 11:57 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Thinking of you Dave

#267020 - Mon Jun 13 2005 02:48 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Jeesh! I just did another thing I don't do (I wrote to Montel Williams who has MS , too). A TV celebrity with a cause? Nothing new on that one. But he's a siren there. Thought I should sound it. And, heck, maybe I'll show up on his TV show! But he's talking (sometimes) about all the right things. I even told him that I really relate to those days when I am as scared as he is. Alas. Not TV material. No real low points for today. Just your basic humdrum.

Edited by gatsby722 (Mon Jun 13 2005 02:55 AM)

#267021 - Mon Jun 13 2005 02:53 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
I also like that he won't give up.

#267022 - Tue Jun 14 2005 01:11 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
LeoDaVinci Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
Often, my high point of the moment is reading Gatsby's posts on this site. Not only does he have a way with words, but he gives a new meaning to the word perserverence. Not only is he able to lift my spirits on many occasions when we write behind the scenes, but he takes a serious subject like MS and his fears and turns it around into something that can be dealt with by us laymen who really have no clue what he's truly going through. And in his spare time, he manages to add his thoughts on many a subject around here.

Gatsby, I applaud you. Your spirit is as big as they come, and you truly give me high points whenever I read of your endeavours, even though for you they seem ordinary and everyday.

Tomorrow, Bloomsday, I'll be drinking a cold one for you.

#267023 - Wed Jun 15 2005 10:08 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
High, went shopping with a friend, my first trip into town since becoming ill. Popped into my office to say hello then went to buy a hat for my daughter's wedding. Had some problems, bought one which would have done in a pinch but not perfect, then later found another hat which is absolutley what I wanted. I can wear the first one to another wedding that I will be going to shortly.

Low, received an enormous bill from our ambulance service for the ambulance to the airport when I was flown out of the island. I will be fighting it.

#267024 - Wed Jun 15 2005 09:54 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Such self-indulgence a rut I find myself. Anyone who knows me knows that's not exactly irregular. My high point of the day was waking up not thinking about all my stuff. Didn't matter. Every "Energy Button" was pushed for Sue in me. You get blinded by the flashbulbs when they go off. The best thing is to continue to get blinded. No dim lights. We make a lot of jokes about stuff around here but sometimes it's not exactly light. But I think you know we're all there for you, Sue. Just my piddly re-inforcement once again.

My low point? Wondering what to say to Leo's post in my direction! Saying "how kind of you, buddy" seems too easy. You're a scamp in a mask, Leo. Underneath it is more heart than I often get the pleasure of discovering. 'Thanks' will do it for now.

Another low/high was being called priggish and stupid on the Forums yesterday. Luckily this new fellow is having a whack at someone else now. A giggler all around as I don't much care if that guy likes us/me or not. And I know, dude, that you can read this Thread. Have a knock at me at will after you do. This over here is a place we just talk and not puff up too much. Sue is our focus now, and what she's facing. 'Nuff said.

#267025 - Thu Jun 16 2005 02:10 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
And you wonder why we all think you are the most incredible guy Dave! What a man.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943