Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#267859 - Tue May 24 2005 04:33 AM I have two questions to ask?
features2004 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Asia.
Q.1 Is there any place where I can find all the EDITOR'S PICKS?
Q.2 When I go to my quiz creation tempelate it gives me a warning that EDITORS have marked that your previous quizzes are not according to funtrivia standards and this may result in long waitage of quizzes being online. To reduce wait, you should constantly submit good quizzes with no grammatical mistakes. How can I submit quizzes when my quizzes remain pening for too long about 1-2 week(s)?

#267860 - Tue May 24 2005 04:57 AM Re: I have two questions to ask?
achernar Offline
Prolific

Loc: Mumbai India                  
Quote:

Q.1 Is there any place where I can find all the EDITOR'S PICKS?

Yes: http://www.funtrivia.com/quizlistgold.cfm?picks=1

#267861 - Tue May 24 2005 05:03 AM Re: I have two questions to ask?
features2004 Offline
Explorer

Thanks.

#267862 - Tue May 24 2005 05:20 AM Re: I have two questions to ask?
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
As for the second part of your question - there are several things you can do.

While you have one quiz waiting in the queue, you can be working on your next quiz. Think of all the things that previous editors have told you about your quizzes, and try to prevent these problems in your next quiz. For instance, if you were told that you have spelling or grammatical errors, put your new quiz through spellcheck. If you were told that you needed more substantial interesting information, do some research for your new quiz. Play top rated quizzes (the ones with sunglasses) in the categories that you like, to see what makes a good quiz. Play all the quizmaker tune up quizzes to ensure that you don't make common mistakes.
When a quiz comes back to you with an editor's suggestions, please read that note carefully, and take care of ALL the points made. If I send a note to an author asking for five changes needed on a quiz, I don't want to see the quiz back with only one of the changes made. If you don't understand something that an editor has said to you, send a specific note to that editor - not "Please help me with my quiz" but "I don't understand what you meant by ....".

You can improve your author rating by doing these things, and soon your quizzes will not have such long waits in the queue.

#267863 - Tue May 24 2005 03:20 PM Re: I have two questions to ask?
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
I'd also suggest you play the Quizmaker Tuneups quizzes, the quizzes on English grammar AND have someone sit with you and proofread your quiz. (Preferably BEFORE you submit.)

Editor for Television Category

#267864 - Wed May 25 2005 04:17 AM Re: I have two questions to ask?
features2004 Offline
Explorer

Thanks all of you for giving me valuable advices.

#267865 - Wed May 25 2005 04:40 AM Re: I have two questions to ask?
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
That is what we are here for but please take note that when you ask a question and are given an answer by either an editor, moderator or administrator we do not expect you to argue with the answer given. If you cannot accept our answers there is little point in asking questions.

#267866 - Wed May 25 2005 11:00 AM Re: I have two questions to ask?
features2004 Offline
Explorer

I am really sorry that I started this way. I will avoid these mistakes in future.

#267867 - Wed May 25 2005 02:03 PM Re: I have two questions to ask?
Simmmba Offline
Participant

Loc: (backwoods) Virginia USA     
Ooooh author rating!!! Is there any way to find out what mine is, or is that info only behind the scenes for editors' use?

By the way, you guys are great! Not only have you answered every question I've asked, you've done it so quickly it's amazing. Nobody who works CS for companies answers inquiries this fast!

Thanks,
Kimmie

#267868 - Wed May 25 2005 02:15 PM Re: I have two questions to ask?
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
"Ooooh author rating!!! Is there any way to find out what mine is, or is that info only behind the scenes for editors' use?"

You answered your own question Simmmba. It is only for our use as editors. But as my co editors have stated, the best way to be highly regarded as a quizmaker is to take the above measures.

Bruyere, editor

#267869 - Wed May 25 2005 02:16 PM Re: I have two questions to ask?
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Quote:

By the way, you guys are great! Not only have you answered every question I've asked, you've done it so quickly it's amazing. Nobody who works CS for companies answers inquiries this fast!

Thank you for that comment. Perhaps it is because we are all volunteers therefore do it for love rather than reward. Presumably many people in CS are there only for the money and don't really care about what they are doing.

I will leave your question about ratings to one of the editors to answer.

Again thanks

Sue943, Moderator

Edited by sue943 (Wed May 25 2005 02:31 PM)

#267870 - Fri May 27 2005 05:59 AM Re: I have two questions to ask?
stuthehistoryguy Offline
Prolific

Loc: Omaha Nebraska USA      
Quote:

Ooooh author rating!!! Is there any way to find out what mine is, or is that info only behind the scenes for editors' use?

Thanks,
Kimmie

Is this analogus to an "author rating", or is that something else altogether?

#267871 - Fri May 27 2005 06:14 AM Re: I have two questions to ask?
gtho4 Online   FT-blank
Administrator

Loc: Sydney oz downunder           
It's the latter; the numbers on the far right of that table are the average ratings of the quizzes of that author (as rated by the members who played their quizzes).

The title on that page is Terry's shorthand for the words below it ("Authors with at least 50 quizzes online who have the highest ratings averages over all of their quizzes).

Moderator:  agony