Rules
Terms of Use

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#291183 - Fri Apr 07 2006 03:46 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
I hope it helps to know how many of us are rooting for you, O Little Purple Person. Jane is right. You will pull through it, you are so strong. You will get your 50 years and more, Gats is right too. Take care of yourself as well.

#291184 - Fri Apr 07 2006 04:20 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
Thank you Gat's ,Jane and Ren for your encouraging words.
I know things will be ok. I have begun to do research on the net and it sounds promising as his tumor is a small one so thats good.
I am sure once we get the results of the needle biopsy and we know more we will better be able to plan and ask questions.
Right now I have to get finished my cleaning and enjoy the visit with our company.
He seems very matter of fact about it and is handling it in his Lets wait till we know manner.
Thank you again I appreciate your heartfelt words.
PF

#291185 - Fri Apr 07 2006 05:37 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Got everything crossed for you and Chuck, take care Bonnie.

#291186 - Fri Apr 07 2006 05:40 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
vendome Offline
Prolific

Loc: Body: PA USA Heart: Paris   
Dear sweet Purp:

You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rich (vendome)

#291187 - Fri Apr 07 2006 05:55 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Dear Sweet Vend,
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.I appreciate it.

Sue thank you for your kind words.You know what your support means to me.

We will come through this ok.
PF

#291188 - Fri Apr 07 2006 06:32 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
All will be well PF, just send those positive concepts out.
I'm sending them out from here, and we'll get them coming at him from all over the world.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#291189 - Fri Apr 07 2006 07:02 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
Ah, Purple Fan. I will pray for the two of you...so sorry you have to go through this. We're thinking about you.

#291190 - Fri Apr 07 2006 09:04 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Hope Mr. PF gets well soon. Wishing you both good tidings and a speedy recovery to him.

#291191 - Fri Apr 07 2006 11:45 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
My low, hearing of PF's bad news. My high, finding a shop which sells sugar-free sweets (candies)! I could buy a limited range in a chocolate shop, mostly chocolates or toffee. This shop sells a better range and I am in heaven.

#291192 - Tue Apr 11 2006 10:19 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

My High today was meeting with the Urologist that will be in charge of my Hubby's care and Surgery.

He was very nice and has been doing this for over 40yrs so I felt very comfortable with having him look after Hubby.

He throughly explained what this surgery might entail and I felt a sense of calm listening to him.

Thank all of you for your good thoughts and words of Support. I just know they helped.

We still don't know if it is the "C" word but I am optimistic it is just a growth.

We will find out more May 15th.

Mr.PF and Myself Thank You All very much.It's very comforting to know there are "Friends" who care.

PF

#291193 - Tue Apr 11 2006 10:33 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Good for you, Miss PF. Just try to stay calm and focused - one step at a time, and you will both get through this.

#291194 - Wed Apr 12 2006 01:37 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Take each day as it comes PF, and when the end of the day comes, be thankful it is another day over with any major complications! Take care

#291195 - Wed Apr 12 2006 01:55 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Still here and rooting for the PF gang. Remember - lumps are just a mass of unfortunate tissue. Those aren't always the end of the world. Again, it's the wondering/waiting that's tough. We all wait with you, but I reckon you know that.
As Mr. PF recuperates from the surgery don't give him any green Jell-o, though? OK ? Something purple would be much better.
Hang in there, you two!

#291196 - Wed Apr 12 2006 05:49 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Honestly Gats....how can you be so politically incorrect about green jello? Next thing you know we're going to be having lobbyists for green jello taking over the thread and we might even be looking at a riot situation!
Don't worry PF, green and purple look very good together.

On a more serious note, confidence in your surgeon will really help you get through this. I'm so glad you were able to find this. Stay cool you two, all will be well!

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#291197 - Thu Apr 13 2006 10:34 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Low and high all in the same day. I'll start with the low: I followed a company policy, then was reprimanded for it. I talked to my area manager and she wanted me to blatantly break the policy. I said I would not break the policy. My GM did not know that the way I did that function was the policy, and he wanted it done a different way. My area manager said I was insubordinate and, again, wanted me to break policy. I refused to sign the progressive discipline form (which I have a right to do), and told my GM why. He retracted the disciplinary action, but I don't think he was happy about it.

On the high note: For anyone who is a PBA fan (like me), there was a telecast at a bowling alley about 10 miles away. It cost $20 to get in, but it was well worth it. It's also the first time in probably 3 years that I've "blown" money, too. If you want to watch the telecast, it'll be on ESPN (for people who receive that channel) on Sunday, April 23, at 12noon CDT.

Edited by dg_dave (Fri Apr 14 2006 10:24 AM)

#291198 - Tue Apr 18 2006 07:09 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Moan, moan. I am trapped in my home. Well I could go out but I cannot drive and as I live over a mile and a half from the nearest shop, I am trapped. My car insurance ran out at midnight, I paid for the renewal last week and they posted the credit card receipt to me, but not my documents. They were closed from Thursday evening, I assumed they would have been posted by then and arrived here on Saturday, but no. I phoned this morning and was told they were posted on 12th, so they must be lost as the receipt was posted then and arrived ok. Unfortuantely we have a law here which requires that a current insurance certificate is displayed on the windscreen of the car, havng it in the post is not defence if you get caught, even having it in the car is no defence for not displaying it. I don't want to get fined £200 so I cannot go out.

#291199 - Tue Apr 18 2006 07:16 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

It's a £200 fine if you don't have it displayed? I'd be getting on the insurance company wondering why it's taken six calendar days to receive your new card.

#291200 - Tue Apr 18 2006 09:24 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
I already phoned them, they said it was posted on 12th so ought to have arrived next day, the receipt did. If it has been lost in the post it isn't their fault - a replacement ought to arrive in the morning. In the meantime it is a case of looking in the freezer for something to eat.

#291201 - Tue Apr 18 2006 05:58 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

I don't know if I can call this a high or a low, but it's worth mentioning. The GM at the store I've been filling in at for the last 3 months seems to think I am unhappy there. Another shift manager informed me of that about 2 hours ago. I have not liked the 1 to 1½ hour commute (both ways - it's 30-45 min one way), nor do I like the way he does some things. When it comes to shift changes, I was trained one way, and he expects me to do it another. If you saw my above post, that is another reason. The GM in (what is still!) my home store and I may not have seen eye to eye at times, but I think we just needed a little bit of time apart. I worked at my home store a week ago Saturday, and just about all the crew was happy to see me. The other shift manager and I worked together on Easter Sunday as they changed our open time from 4pm to 11am. She said she's not liked the person who has been their "fill-in" assistant manager (as she is still coded where I've been - if you want to know more about that, PM me and I'll tell you about it). She said something to me, "At least you know what you are doing." I said something to her to say something to the GM up there to see if I can get back to my home store. I'm glad to feel missed by the crew up there.

#291202 - Sat Apr 22 2006 01:50 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ing Offline
Prolific

Loc: Canberra ACT Australia  
Hi people - I see I'm not listed as missing yet, that's nice to know! I worry that I'm worrying people - I mean I know I'm fine, but you all don't! I feel like I haven't been in here for months, but I know it's actually only a few weeks (if that).

Firstly PF I know I'm a bit late, but my thoughts and wishes with you and Mr PF too. As someone said, feeling confident with the surgeon is a big plus. All the best while you wait for "the big day" in May.

It's interesting that there's been discussion about people needing a hiatus (from FT) sometimes just when I've been taking one...in my case I've been taking time out from just about everything. I'm in this really odd space whereby all the old people in my life seem to be crisis-free for the first time in over two years and I don't know what to do with myself! I've also had a physical reaction to the relief of pressure - which happened once I finally had to declare to my mother that the crisis was officially over and she needed to call on me less or I was heading for a breakdown. I've just been so exhausted, and I've had this bizarre and horrendously painful thing happening with my ribs, so sitting at the computer has not been an option anyway.

There's something incredibly comforting about coming back in and seeing that FT carries on regardless. Not that I'm saying for a second it should grind to a halt without my minor contribution - far from it - but rather it's that sense of "home" always being there no matter what else is going on in other places. Blah blah, I'm sure you all know what I mean. That's another reason I haven't been here lately - now that I can actually think of things to talk about other than old people, I find I've become highly inarticulate. This is partly because of the number of strong pain-killers I've had to take, of course, but I fear there's more behind my inability to string two words together coherently.

But, as the kids say, "it's all good", and I just wanted to pop in and say that while I don't think I'm back to stay just yet, I'm not far away!

Hugs to you all, and don't go changing.

#291203 - Sat Apr 22 2006 01:57 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Hey Ing! You mightn't be in the "missing people" thread - but I am glad to see you posting Just take each day as it comes. One day everything was turn out right!

#291204 - Sat Apr 22 2006 02:42 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Yay! You're a sight for sore eyes (<---not that I ever quite understood that phrase, but you know what I mean) there, Ing! Was getting worried about you .

#291205 - Sat Apr 22 2006 03:18 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Ah, Ing. There you are. I know you've been nobly occupied, so I haven't really worried...just keeping an eye on the door to see who comes in. Welcome back.

#291206 - Sat Apr 22 2006 06:41 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Hope you're not away for too much longer ing - glad everything is good right now.
Gats I have always interpreted that expression to mean that the 'sight' brings joy to the 'sore eyes' and eases their discomfort.

#291207 - Sat Apr 22 2006 10:34 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/High and Low of Day/
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Oh Ing, it is SO good to see you back. You have been missed, take that from me.

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943