Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#292474 - Fri Jan 20 2006 11:49 AM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
MikeyD6 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: New York
You see what I mean..this annoys me...as I am sure it was meant to. My words about Hillary are removed while these words about my President are not. No doubt that there is a distinct liberal slant to this site. Now , ban me , delete me, do whatever it is that people of your ilk do to people with a different opinion..I really don't care. I am a conservative, a Republican and I am proud of it.

#292475 - Fri Jan 20 2006 06:04 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
I used to travel a lot by plane, but could never afford to fly anywhere than 'cattle class'. When a plane lands, everyone has to wait for some self-important businessman at the pointy end of the plane to put his suitcoat on in the aisle- surely he could carry it, and don it in the terminal?

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#292476 - Fri Jan 20 2006 06:10 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
ozzz2002 Offline

NSW Australia
Mikey, lighten up, mate!

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#292477 - Fri Jan 20 2006 07:30 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
"My words about Hillary are removed while these words about my President are not"

Mikey, I don't know what you are referring to but perhaps it was not so much what you said, but the way you said it. I've been around here a very long time and I've never noticed a political bias. Things usually only get deleted if they are inflammatory, offensive, controversial, or in anyway unsuitable on a family-oriented website.

If DakotaNorth had said any offensive about George W. Bush, or any other public figure, her comments would have been deleted too, even though she is an editor. But it was obvious that what she said was "tongue in cheek".

#292478 - Sat Jan 21 2006 11:49 AM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Quote:

You see what I mean..this annoys me...as I am sure it was meant to. My words about Hillary are removed while these words about my President are not. No doubt that there is a distinct liberal slant to this site. Now , ban me , delete me, do whatever it is that people of your ilk do to people with a different opinion..I really don't care. I am a conservative, a Republican and I am proud of it.

I don't know the difference between your political parties, the post was removed because of what you said that you would prefer to have rather than listening to Hillary Clinton - this is a 'family site'. If it is of interest to you, when I lived in the UK I voted Conservative and thought Maggie Thatcher was great.

Don't accuse people (and more to the point, me) of political slants when there isn't. Your post was removed after another member complained that it wasn't very nice on a family site.

Edited by sue943 (Sat Jan 21 2006 12:17 PM)

#292479 - Sun Jan 22 2006 06:00 AM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
damnsuicidalroos Offline
Multiloquent

NSW Australia
The main thing that annoys me when reading on the net is when people type "loose" instead of "lose". I.e. "He had nothing to loose", it just looks so wrong to me.

#292480 - Sun Jan 22 2006 09:14 AM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
It is wrong, that is probably why it looks wrong.

#292481 - Sun Jan 22 2006 10:00 AM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada

People who let their children run wild in stores.

People who dont say Please or Thank you if you open a door or anwser a question for them.

People who dont delete all the hundreds of names from emails they forward to you with a joke in it.

People who chew gum then spit it out on the sidewalk or put it in a ashtray or under a table.

People who dont clean up after their dogs or let them roam wild all over the neighbourhood.

People who feel it is their right to correct you in front of others either at work or if you are out with freinds.

Store clerks who ignore you and are on the phone I usually give them 2 minutes then take my business else where or to a different part of the store.

People who dont remove their shoes when they come in the door.

PF

#292482 - Sun Jan 22 2006 11:32 AM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Re: "'Absolutely' is a word that absolutely annoys me."

I was watching the christening of the Danish prince on the news tonight. A journalist asked Mary a question; she replied "Absolutely" and I immediately thought of you, Ozzz.

#292483 - Sun Jan 22 2006 12:06 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Leys see, when you're on the Internet...not here but other places...playing games (whether it be cards or scrabble) and people constantly ask you for your a.s.l. Really it's none of their business! And another, on the rare occasion I am out in my wheelchair, people who chat with the "pusher" (the person who is pushing the chair)and not the the person in the chair. The person in the chair are human too

#292484 - Sun Jan 22 2006 12:34 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Ah Jane, you mean the 'Does she take sugar in her tea?" type questions? It must be infuriating. Actually it could be helpful if you would start a thread in Useful Tips and Tricks about the problems you have encountered, and how you would prefer people to react/act.

#292485 - Sun Jan 22 2006 12:47 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
will do ...tomorrow sometime

#292486 - Sun Jan 22 2006 03:35 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Quite unique or very unique, it is either unique or it isn't, there are no shades of unique.

Edited by sue943 (Sun Jan 22 2006 03:35 PM)

#292487 - Sun Jan 22 2006 04:59 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
How about the phrase "exactly the same"? If it's the same, it would be exactly; if it's not the same, then it's different...

#292488 - Sun Jan 22 2006 05:10 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
Taesma Offline
Prolific

Loc: Bay Area California USA      
And the "bigger half".

#292489 - Sun Jan 22 2006 06:25 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Quote:

Ah Jane, you mean the 'Does she take sugar in her tea?" type questions?

I am sure there is a book called "Does He Take Sugar?" which deals with this problem, Jane. I don't know the author.
My pet hate , as ever, remains people who use mobile phones anywhere, but the worst is when they stop dead when it rings. I now walk right into the back of them, resulting in two or three really good, satisfying clunks as the wretched things hit the pavement. Heeheehee!! I detest the things (can you tell?) and will never, never, never get one.

#292490 - Sun Jan 22 2006 07:37 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
bloomsby Offline

Loc: Norwich England UK            
The use of 'at this in time' for 'now'. It seems to have a curious appeal to self-important administrators and the like.

#292491 - Mon Jan 23 2006 10:10 AM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
MikeyD6 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: New York
Quote:

Quote:

I don't know the difference between your political parties, the post was removed because of what you said that you would prefer to have rather than listening to Hillary Clinton - this is a 'family site'. If it is of interest to you, when I lived in the UK I voted Conservative and thought Maggie Thatcher was great.

Don't accuse people (and more to the point, me) of political slants when there isn't. Your post was removed after another member complained that it wasn't very nice on a family site.

OK, I see your point. I guess part of what I wrote could be seen as offensive. I apologize for that and I stand correcetd.

Edited by MikeyD6 (Mon Jan 23 2006 10:11 AM)

#292492 - Mon Jan 23 2006 11:04 AM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Thank you.

#292493 - Mon Jan 23 2006 12:30 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
Tailgaters...in France I'd just pull over and let them pass me on narrow roads. Let them run into an oncoming car if they like, but don't tailgate me.

I'm getting weary of the number of SUVs here in my area driven by mainly women who are on their cell phones. People here seem to think that if you have two kids, you must have an enormous car like that. But shucks, that's the American way of life, you know? I lived up in Montana for about a year in the eighties and most folks didn't drive pickups there! Here in California, they all do.

"Sharing" music with everyone on the block from the aforementioned vehicles with the bass turned up and special woofers or whatever to make that sound even more annoying.

#292494 - Mon Jan 23 2006 05:29 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
ren33 Offline

What can I do now ? Oh Heck!! I just won this one in a comp!
Phone

#292495 - Mon Jan 23 2006 06:14 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

"What can I do now ? Oh Heck!! I just won this one in a comp!"

Congratulations Ren. You remind me of a friend of mine who gave up drinking for eight years and in that time he constantly won bottles of alcohol in raffles, at quiz nights, etc.

#292496 - Mon Jan 23 2006 06:55 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
damnsuicidalroos Offline
Multiloquent

NSW Australia
One thing I am slightly curious about Ren is the fact that you entered a contest to win something that {"I detest the things (can you tell?) and will never, never, never get one."} you didn`t appear to want.

The denial three times,never,never,never, may perhaps indicate to some that perhaps the lady doth protest too much and that in fact secretly in her heart she yearned to be mobile phone owner (especially after entering contests to win one).

"What can I do now ?" One thing you could do is to listen to everyone of the 72 ring tones your new phone has and play the most annoying one on the loudest setting everytime someone annoys you by chatting on their mobile near you.

Congratulations on the win Ren, now you too can wear a smug "look people want to talk with me" look when your phone rings in a crowded public area.

#292497 - Mon Jan 23 2006 07:41 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
ren33 Offline

Oh dear
I am quite tempted by the fact that is has a video camera, a digital, a music thingie etc... I just hate the intrusiveness of them. Sigh. I went in for it as there were some other prizes. I had to win the wrong one...

#292498 - Mon Jan 23 2006 07:45 PM Re: Things which irritate or annoy you.
agony Offline

Administrator

Loc: Western Canada
You know, you don't have to leave it turned on. I very rarely have mine turned on, just keep it with me if I need to make a call, or if it is important that someone can get hold of me - when the kids were little I would give the number to the babysitter, for example.
If I don't want to have to answer it, I just don't turn it on.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943