Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#297023 - Fri Feb 17 2006 07:34 AM Australian band Geisha and lyrics ...please
IamKara Offline
Participant

Loc: Toowoomba QLD Australia  
Hi,Does anyone out there have a copy of the 80s Australian band Geisha's LP "Geisha" released 1985 or a later one "The Very Best of Geisha" released 1998 by EMI?? I'm after the lyrics of one of the tracks-- "Kabuki". I need to see if this is the song I've been searching for. Recording comp ALMACANTAR have remastered from the original vinyl and released a CD, but I don't want to buy it until I'm sure it's the one I'm after. What I need are the lyrics..(doesn't seem to be any samples to listen to online).Please, does anyone have or remember the Australian band Geisha and their number 1 hit "Kabuki"???? And does anyone have the lyrics to the 1987 single "Kabuki" by Tech & Effx.. Just to rule them out of the picture..Please,please someone HAS to have or remember these songs..Thanks Kara.

#297024 - Fri Feb 17 2006 06:39 PM Re: Australian band Geisha and lyrics ...please
IamKara Offline
Participant

Hi guys, Found the site for Geisha, contacted Chris Doheny lead singer of Geisha, and have the correct lyrics for Kabuki. So now know, yes, Geisha did the "Kabuki" I have stuck in my head. So so so happy. Will now purchase the remastered CD, so I can hear it again, other than "in my head". Thanx. Kara
KABUKI

You may think that it's wrong to love me

While you live with another one

You always say that it's so confusing

But I can see that there's no confusing you

Kabuki knows what ive always known

That love is more than any man can bear

If only you'd listen to kabuki

You'd see that love is in your heart not in your head

Oh how could we be so different

When our two hearts beat as if they both were one

Your thoughts may be from other places

But I know you think of me as I think of you

#297025 - Fri Feb 17 2006 06:57 PM Re: Australian band Geisha and lyrics ...please
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
hehe isn't it funny the lengths we'll go to to get rid of those annoying little gaps in our brain?

Glad you worked it all out:)

#297026 - Sat Feb 18 2006 02:36 AM Re: Australian band Geisha and lyrics ...please
IamKara Offline
Participant

Quote:

hehe isn't it funny the lengths we'll go to to get rid of those annoying little gaps in our brain?

Glad you worked it all out:)

Man you are not kidding! That song has been driving me crazy (literally), for years. One of my sons is 18 yrs old, and I've been trying to find out what is was since before he was born.. A song gets stuck in my head and I can't stop till I find it. Even to the lengths of emailing the lead singer of the band! I can't believe I did that . But he was great and gave me the lyrics. Kara

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher