Rules
Terms of Use

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#306954 - Fri Jul 28 2006 03:22 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Yowza! Lots of good news in the air today/yesterday. Reuning couples and upwardly mobile sons-in-law? Whatever cycle the moon is presently in let's hope it stays that way ! I even had a good day yesterday ~ pales in comparison, though. I got a check in the mail. Whew! While the only people to really get the full jazz of that are those dreaded people who read my meters and allow my gas tank to get 'watered' every now and then it certainly lightens a few rowdy monkeys on my back (ain't that the human condition, though?).
I used to like monkeys ...

#306955 - Fri Jul 28 2006 07:15 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
Big BIG relief, Gats. At least you don't have to wonder about it being lost in the mail any more!

#306956 - Fri Jul 28 2006 11:11 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
pythongirl Offline
Forum Adept

Had so much work on today, still haven't finished it all, have to work both Saturday day and Sunday night as well, roll on Monday when I have a day off. Fridays are never all that good for me.

#306957 - Fri Jul 28 2006 06:10 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
It was a good week really. I hate Summer School, but always do it as the money is welcome.
However, I have gained brownie points this week as the older class (about 12-14 years old) that I have had for writing, speaking and grammar (2 and a half hours every morning for 2 weeks) have turned out some super writing and the boss is going to put it on the website, so I will direct you there later. It really is good. Local children do not get much of a chance to write (except comprehensions and fill in the blanks (yawn)) so people think they can't. These have had the chance and have delivered the goods.
The younger ones had a chance to learn about Europe for 2 hours in the afternoon. This was a new course and it has also paid off. I have found myself teaching French, German and Italian, which I havent done for years (being an English support teacher, usually). That paid off too. Local children have to learn English and PTH and often Japanese too, so I found them very quick and receptive to these new ones. They don't get the giggles at the pronunciation and were really ready to have a go (they often aren't in English). They surprised me. The boss, again said it was a splendid job!
The low is today (Saturday)we have a huge bad weather warning, and schools will probably close, and get a break. This is the day I am NOT working. Where I come from that is called Sod's Law...

#306958 - Fri Jul 28 2006 06:24 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Not highs or lows, but nearly all maybes this week. The highest of all is my spots have dried and faded and I am starting to feel better at last after my very late affliction with chicken pox.
The two maybes are like a little pair of carved book ends, of art deco ladies (I had a lovely one on onyx once until someone lost it, still wonder where it went). I have passed stage one with lady one, having had our first date (yippee! ) and got off the fence and told her how I felt (as we'd known each other some time before the furst date). Now the maybe is her reaction.
The second is I will be doing the exact same thing with my second potential date in a few weeks when I see her as I've known her as a friend for well over a year and despite a vast age difference am hoping my charm and hypnotic powers of persuasion may direct her mind away from such minutiae. I'd far rather know how she feels than spent the next few years seeing her as a friend and not knowing if it could be more. I feel I am throwing darts with a blindfold as I have no idea where they are going to land, probably most missing the board altogether...

#306959 - Sat Jul 29 2006 10:09 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Back in my day this would have been called two-timing - going out with two people at once. What happens if they both fancy you, how will you decide on which one to drop?

#306960 - Sat Jul 29 2006 11:28 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
pythongirl Offline
Forum Adept

Good Evening really tired today, usually out on a Saturday night, but after working 9-4 today I'm exhausted.

#306961 - Sat Jul 29 2006 12:34 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Unfortunately I often have many possible irons in the fire but only as platonic friends. But as soon as one crosses the line to a relationship I no longer need any backups- but in my reality I could have 50 possibles and still end up with no one. But if date one or date two reciprocated my own interest I'd settle for one and be extremely happy with them. Currently I feel the second would be more suitable for me but not in her eyes...

So as friends I can keep a collection but never as more than friends. I've always been happy with who I was with once I made up my mind, sadly few of them were as well. I somehow just can't see myself as a Casanova, though if anyone else did I'd be delighted!

#306962 - Sat Jul 29 2006 09:13 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

I forgot another low. My hair. I am at present sporting a cover it all up headscarf, and have done for two weeks. (The children think I am now a nun) . This is because my hair is scarlet and at the roots it is emerald green
the hairdresser made a slight mistake. I now have to grow it out as I am NOT putting anything else on it. It is not funny, so take that smirk off your faces, NOW!!!

#306963 - Sun Jul 30 2006 01:56 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Blinkybill Offline
Prolific

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia          
Heehe, Sorry ren, I couldn't help it. "a slight mistake" ?!?! I'd call that a HUGE mistake!

#306964 - Sun Jul 30 2006 03:11 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
pythongirl Offline
Forum Adept

I had to smile at that as well.
Well, Good Morning all-life doesn't get much better than this at the moment, I'm sat at my pc typing away, whilst watching Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl-a perfect Sunday morning.

#306965 - Sun Jul 30 2006 01:50 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
I don't mean to laugh, Ren, but I know exactly what you're going through. Many years ago I had a very similar problem where my hair on top and side were a very peculiar shade of lavender and the back was green. At the time, I was the secretary at an elementary school and all the kids thought I was so cool. I had many positive comments from them.
Your students might like it as well.

#306966 - Sun Jul 30 2006 01:54 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
I want a photo! Red and green, that is the Portuguese flag.

#306967 - Sun Jul 30 2006 04:14 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Bom dia, dear . No photos.(well actually those are the exact colours)

Edited by ren33 (Sun Jul 30 2006 04:15 PM)

#306968 - Sun Jul 30 2006 05:23 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
My high for the day, even for the week, was that we went and saw the staged performance of Spamalot this afternoon. It's very, very funny!
(Sorry about the hair!)

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#306969 - Mon Jul 31 2006 03:46 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Nice hat Sara, love the green feather! Oooops, you mean it isn't a hat?

Edited by sue943 (Mon Jul 31 2006 03:47 AM)

#306970 - Mon Jul 31 2006 03:57 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
I think its very fetching.Brings out the lovely color of her eyes.
PF

#306971 - Mon Jul 31 2006 05:42 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
pythongirl Offline
Forum Adept

Quote:

My high for the day, even for the week, was that we went and saw the staged performance of Spamalot this afternoon. It's very, very funny!
(Sorry about the hair!)

Really want to see that can't wait for it to come over here (September I've heard).

#306972 - Mon Jul 31 2006 06:22 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Right. I am 'Suing' you, Admin or not, for copyright infringement. That is my private photo. I am really upset now. So much so that I went out shopping after work.
Just to make you squirm with envy. I got a linen mix skirt in pale ecru with the 'Cove ' label on it marked at 35 pounds . It cost me 69 HK dollars which is less than 5 pounds. It fits a treat , has a flouncy trim and is cut on the bias to make me look slimmer than ever. I got 2 cashmere Pashminas for 40 HK (about 3.5 pounds). A HUGE hand of bananas for 10 HK , and 10 oranges for a pound. I had my hands on some pale blue silk pajamas with peonies on for 2 pounds and said no Ren you have enough of those. I feel better now! Ner!!

#306973 - Mon Jul 31 2006 03:06 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Boo, hoo! Not fair, I want to live in a shopper's paradise.

#306974 - Mon Jul 31 2006 05:00 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Furthermore, it has come to my notice that our beloved leader is not alone in her mockery of my affliction. A certain Mod, whom I heretofore held in high esteem for his loyalty and empathy, has been heard to mention the phrase "dead parrot" in reference to my 'trouble' . He , also , will be hearing from my attorneys quite soon. This cavalier attitude must stop. Immediately.

#306975 - Tue Aug 01 2006 03:34 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Ah...but it's a loverly dead parrot perched atop a most loverly head, I assure you !

but I shall get my legal staff on the ready, just in case *wildly looks up 'slander' in various law dictionaries*...

#306976 - Tue Aug 01 2006 09:19 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

I had nowhere else to put this so I thought I'd add a third category. High/low/weird.

This is weird. My father is a member of Kew Gardens so we regularly go and he signs me in as a guest. So yesterday I received a promotional letter from them, plus one for my father who they must have mixed up our addresses. So one to initial D (myself) and one to C. But they sent a third letter as well, to L.

This is the first (and probably only time) my cat has received a letter. L is for Lucy and is indeed the third member of the family but how on earth would they have ever found that out? I'll probably try and follow it up with them in case they have a reason, but how they could possibly have correctly identified the cat defies any explanation I can give.

#306977 - Tue Aug 01 2006 10:40 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
A high school rugby team from Wales is doing a vacation/playing tour of this part of Canada. Yesterday I picked up 4 of them who will be billeting in my basement for three nights altogether. I took them to the clubhouse this morning where they boarded a bus for Niagara Falls for the day. Tomorrow they spend the day with us (a pool party has been arranged at someone's house) and then they play my son's team in the evening, after which there will be a barbecue.
The high point is that they are such nice young men who could teach my son a lesson in manners! The accents are lovely too.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#306978 - Tue Aug 01 2006 05:35 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Excellent news - I had an ultrasound scan this morning to check whether I still have, or have formed, any kidney stones, and I am clear. Where they went is a complete mystery but I think if two ultrasounds and a CT scan say that I am clear then clear I must be!

Work seems to be going quite well, although still being trained, I am also seeing customers, so I think it is safe to assume that I will be weorking beyond Friday. I am enjoying myself so that is a bonus.

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943