Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#306729 - Thu May 11 2006 07:57 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
Well my High is Hubby had his pre-surgery registration check up yesterday and he is in very good health.His blood pressure,EKG and Blood oxygen levels are normal and for a heavey smoker they were all surprised.

We don't know if it will be day surgery or if he will have to stay in over night but the Doctor has checked off both options just to be safe.

The nurse told us this Doctor usually has great success doing these kinds of operations so that sounded good.
So if all goes well he will be no more than three to four hrs there.

We will know if it was cancerous after the operation.

I have a good feeling about all this and hubby seems to be more at ease about it.
The only thing he is worried about is the bleeding afterwards and the pain he might have.He stressed very loudly and often he didnt want to go through peeing blood and clots again. The nurse said he probably will but that the doctor will prescribe good pain med for that. She said he should be ok after 5 days and back to normal.

I told her if he is going to be in pain and grouchy he can stay there. LOL LOL.

I shall let you all know how it went Monday when we get home.
PF

#306730 - Thu May 11 2006 08:32 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
Fingers crossed...I'm sure it will be fine.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#306731 - Thu May 11 2006 08:41 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Yay. Good luck to him, PF! Let's hope his grouchiness is minimal for your sake ~ I'm sure he'll be pretty uncomfortable for a little while. I am one so I can say this, too: men can be such babies when it comes to pain . Especially passing blood and stuff. Ouch!
My regards to all the Purples!

#306732 - Thu May 11 2006 09:26 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
One step at a time, Miss PF. Very glad to know everything is going smoothly so far.

#306733 - Thu May 11 2006 09:43 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Virginia USA
Good thoughts coming your way - please keep us updated.

#306734 - Thu May 11 2006 09:45 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Yes, PF - please let us know how things go as they progress.
Ren, how long until your next treatment?

#306735 - Thu May 11 2006 02:53 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Thank you all for your lovely thoughts and messages.

We got the call from the doc's office and his surgery time is for 9:15 am Mountain time.Which means we will have to be up at 5:30 am to make sure he has everything ready and for him to have his pre Op shower and shave etc.

He has to be there at 7:45 so we will have to leave the house by 6:30 to accommadate for rush hour traffic and such.
I will need lots of tea to keep me awake.

Will let you know how it goes Monday as soon as we get home.

If he is grouchy I have a large hammer that will put him to sleep till he is better!!!! LOL LOL!
Thank you all for the support. Come Monday I will need all I can get.
PF

#306736 - Thu May 11 2006 05:25 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
We are all here for you, as you see Little Purple Person.
Thanks CinnamOn, the next one is in about 3 hours time. Well at least I know what to expect today.

#306737 - Thu May 11 2006 05:39 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
I think it's safe to say it now, after having had 4 paintings sitting in a gallery's cardboard box, I've finally sold my first painting, not from a gallery but the internet. I have all my pictures posted on my site and someone who is a regular visitor chose one she liked and I produced it specially. It is on its way across the Atlantic as I type, as the finished product was scanned and emailed for approval, and I now have my second order for the next already!
If there was any work I could do full time it would be that, but for most artists it's more of a hobby as even most professionals have no guaranteed sales when they exhibit. Now I don't think many other people on earth are going to have a painting of the sign for Brent Cross station hanging on their wall, but this is the next on the list! Funnily enough I was watching Police camera action on TV a few weeks ago and I recognised the sign from my photo immediately as two cars chased each other from there to the equally photographed Henlys Corner along the North Circular Road. As this road has been next to almost everywhere I lived it's probably the spine of my territory, connecting every other part and impossible to reach without going along it first. How poetic!

Fingers crossed for Monday PF, I'm sure it'll be over and fixed before he knows it.

Edited by satguru (Thu May 11 2006 05:42 PM)

#306738 - Fri May 12 2006 12:31 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Thinking of you PurpleFan and your husband too

#306739 - Fri May 12 2006 02:05 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Hope the surgery and recovery are quick for your husband, PF.

#306740 - Fri May 12 2006 03:12 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
vendome Offline
Prolific

Loc: Body: PA USA Heart: Paris   
All good and positive thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rich
(vendome)

#306741 - Mon May 15 2006 05:02 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Well the operation is over and it was Cancer and the Doctor said he got it
all and that it was very large.He won't know if it is in the bladder wall
till all the tests come back but he seems confident all will be ok, Chuck
has to spend the night so they can monitor his outtake and make sure there
is no excessive bleeding. He doesn't have to have radiation just has to
check into the hospital every three months for tests.

I am very relieved and he appears to be also. He doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain so far.

What a long long long day. We arrived at 7.40 and we were told he had to spend the night.Thank goodness I made him back a bag just in case.

They told me to be back at 9:30 so I could talk to the doctor after the operation.

Ok so off we go for brekkie then went for a drive to a beautiful park area but had to turn right around and get back to the hospital.

We get back there and find out that it is a hour and a half operation and he won't be out of recovery for 2 more hours.

As parking is sparse there we sat and sat and sat in the waiting room and kept feeding the parking meter every hour.
I talk to the doctor and then we went up to see where his room was then went for lunch and then sat some more.Finally at 1.25 he was back in his room and he looked good.
I took two pictures of him but he didn't seem to mind.Thank heavens they didn't have to cut him open or he wouldn't have been happy or in a good mood.

Whew I am so relieved it is all over and I can relax and maybe get a good night's sleep.

Chuck and I want to thank you all for all the prayers,good wishes and kind thoughts you all sent our way.

They helped me make it through today and I appreciated it from the bottom of my heart.I drew strength knowing you were all there with us both in spirit.

I am off to have a calming cup of Tetley Tea then a nap.
Thank you all again,

A Very Happy and Relieved PF

#306742 - Mon May 15 2006 05:33 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Great news that it was treated. Hope he has a quick recovery!

#306743 - Mon May 15 2006 06:18 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
Wow, thank goodness that it has been caught.
What a long day you have had...waiting is not much fun.
My thoughts are still with you. Let us know when all the results are in.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#306744 - Mon May 15 2006 08:26 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Great news, PF! I'm sure you are glad this day is over!

#306745 - Mon May 15 2006 10:06 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Whew! That must come as a great relief to you and your family, PF. I'm really happy it all went well !

#306746 - Mon May 15 2006 11:01 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

It is a great relief to myself and the kitties that he is doing well and will be home tomorrow morning at some point.
I just talked to him and he is bored silly but he will get a good nights sleep and be one step closer to healing.
His two brothers are relieved,as are all of his friends.
Now I just have to convince him that Jello and Vanilla Pudding are not proper meals.LOL LOL LOL
Thank you all for your support and kind words.
I will update you on what the tests say when we hear what they are.
PF

#306747 - Tue May 16 2006 04:18 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

That's really good news PF

#306748 - Tue May 16 2006 09:55 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Virginia USA
What great news. I can imagine how unsettling it must have been for you all getting to this point but now that it is all behind you and the prognosis is good I'm sure you are all breathing a sigh of relief. Best wishes for a speedy recovery ~

#306749 - Wed May 17 2006 03:44 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
I am not sure if this is a low or high, I guess low. My son phoned me this morning to tell me that he has been re-admitted to a psychiatric hospital. The reason it might be a 'high' is that I was worried witless as I thought that he was heading for another breakdown (he is bipolar), at least he is in the right place and being treated.

What with that, and my daughter having cancer, who would be a parent?

#306750 - Wed May 17 2006 03:58 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Argh, Sue. Jeesh, though, I guess you can be glad he called you (that he did and some bureaucrat didn't have to sounds like a good thing, at least). Fingers crossed for him and for you. Poor dude! That's an incredibly awful disease for anyone to have to endure. Poor you, too! It's an equally awful thing to watch/live with.

#306751 - Wed May 17 2006 05:25 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Poor Sue, I know I keep saying this, but it has to get better one day. You know that we're all thinking of you

#306752 - Wed May 17 2006 05:39 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
Oh, Sue. What can any of us really say? As Dave said, at least you know he is in capable hands at the moment, as is your daughter.
Naturally, we are here to listen whenever you are ready to vent.

#306753 - Wed May 17 2006 07:04 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

I am glad he will be getting the help he needs.That is a great relief to you I am sure.
I am sorry to hear about Vicky. I understand exactly how you feel.
Please know Mr.Purple and I are thinking of you and you are in my prayers as are Vicky and your son.
Take Care of yourself.
PF

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943