Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#308526 - Tue May 30 2006 08:04 PM Difficulty ratings
Ozzieboy Offline
Learning the ropes...

Why is the difficulty rating of a member's quiz different on the quiz directory to the actual quiz page?

To give a couple of examples -

In Celebrities, the quiz "Artists And Their Real Names" shows in the directory as having an Average rating. Yet when you click on the quiz to play it, the difficulty rating shows as Tough.

In Geography, the quiz "American Nicknames" has a directory rating of Difficult, but a quiz page rating of Very Difficult.

I thought this may have been an anomaly on just the occasional quiz, but I am seeing this in the majority of quizzes.

The rating on the directory page always seems to show a lesser degree of difficulty than on the quiz start page.

Ozzieboy

#308527 - Wed May 31 2006 03:49 PM Re: Difficulty ratings
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
The editors have to manually go in and move the quizzes into the category they belong. A few months ago, the difficulty of the quizzes drastically changes and most of the quizzes needed to be moved and subcategories renamed/created/deleted. Because of the number of quizzes online and the number of quizzes being submitted, you can see this is a daunting task. For example, I myself have only been able to get two of the main TV subcategories finished, and have five more to work on.

~LadyM, editor

Editor for Television Category

#308528 - Wed May 31 2006 07:17 PM Re: Difficulty ratings
Ozzieboy Offline
Learning the ropes...

Thanks for your reply.

I was just curious to know. Glad I am not going crazy!

Moderator:  agony