Rules
Terms of Use

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#320649 - Wed Jan 31 2007 06:49 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
denni19 Offline

Loc: Bucharest Romania
It was much more nicer talking with you, Sue.

Copago - Will you, please, make a bit of time for me one of these days?

Edited by denni19 (Wed Jan 31 2007 06:51 AM)

#320650 - Sat Feb 03 2007 08:21 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lynn-ann Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Cape Town South†Africa†††††
Today's high was more my son's than mine but I am just so proud of him. Today he played in his first high school cricket match. They played against a very tough team from one of the 'better' schools in the Western Cape. His team lost hopelessly but he was the opening bowler and he took the wicket (bowled out) of the opening batsman from the other team. He took the only wicket of the game. We are so proud of him and so was his coach.

#320651 - Sun Feb 04 2007 03:39 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio†USA††††
Yay! An ace cricketer in our midst ! I'd be darned proud of him, too, Lynnann - I don't understand that game at all . I'm always jazzed when I hear about people playing it and especially when they play it well.

My low point: Minimal, really. I may be internet-free by mid-week. Same old, same old. It'll just mean no chains over coffee for a few days and I'll take it as no worse than that. There's some good in that, though ~ it reminds me of family matters from 40 years ago (most of which I try to forget, to be honest). My brother can hold my money hostage as long as it empowers him, somewhow, to need to. He has managed to remind me that, in the course of completely odd head games all those years ago [and a good long time before I really knew what head games were or the parameters they tested], I was far better at outlasting/besting them than he ever hoped to be (and I was never, I assure you, 'proud' of that talent). It was instinctive then. Now it's easier, really. I understand where I came from and have NO intention of going backwards. That he can't get "out of that ditch" just makes my challenges easier. He's still a beast, though .

High point indeed! On a fluke I pulled up/searched an old literary magazine I was involved with some 26 years ago (yikes to that quarter century business ). It has a website ! Still! The big joy came in that it lasted more than a few years (such small magazines usually fold quickly, due to NO funding and minimal readership) and I was ecstatic to see that it is still in circulation AND that the editor I knew back then remains the editor still. Yay, yay, yay! Note: it also kind of tickled me that my name [from 1980?] showed up on that webpage, too. Imagine that ?

#320652 - Mon Feb 05 2007 07:52 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London†UK†††††††††††
It's all about the little things as well, after getting a £5 voucher for doing a survey I just put it towards a new optical mouse, no more monthly cleaning, and better still it's bright red! I love coloured items instead of boring monochrome, and these are pretty hard to get.
I also wanted a coloured keyboard but there were only a couple online but I really had to get one with fat keys firstly or I make errors (more errors that is).
One bit of trivia (as I'm in the correct place for it...) is the Americans offer more coloured items than any other market, where Britain only have monochrome. Having to order items from multinantional companies I discovered tennis equipment we got in black or white had a rainbow catalogue until you rang up and were told 'Oh, those are just for the American market'.
Nowadays I suppose if I needed a coloured bumper strip for my tennis racket (which I don't) I could just look online but the postage between the two countries is phenomenal. I'd love an orange keyboard though...

#320653 - Tue Feb 06 2007 07:23 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel†Islands††††
Quote:

I'd love an orange keyboard though...

Ewk.

#320654 - Sun Feb 11 2007 04:18 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Highlight of the weekend - yesterday was exactly a year since my sister and her husband, and my Twins nieces moved into the house next door! It is sucxh a help, for me and Mum (Mum especailly) to have my sister right next door. Dad was so happy, when they moved in.

#320655 - Wed Feb 14 2007 04:45 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Channel†Islands††††
What a funny sort of a day. Most days I chat with Sara and Bonnie (Ren33 and purplefan) on MSN. Today Sara phoned me to tell me that her computer is down and might be for up to two weeks with it being Chinese New Year, then Bonnie hasn't been feeling too well. I have been wandering about like a lost soul. This place won't be the same without the batty old woman from Hong Kong.

#320656 - Mon Feb 19 2007 08:29 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England†UK
Quote:

Highlight of the weekend - yesterday was exactly a year since my sister and her husband, and my Twins nieces moved into the house next door! It is such a help, for me and Mum (Mum especailly) to have my sister right next door. Dad was so happy, when they moved in.

It's great to hear that your 'highlight' has continued Jane, and I hope it continues for many more years. Sometimes things really do work out well!
Yesterday I was out for a fairly long cross country bike ride, and at one stage in our local quite extensive woods had become bogged down on a very muddy uphill track, and had to dismount. The woods are quite dense here, and about twenty yards ahead the track crossed another. I was just about to move off, pushing the bike, when the most beautiful fox I've ever seen emerged from the side track. I remained completely still, and the fox didn't notice me and turned onto the track where I was standing. It suddenly saw, or maybe scented me, and stopped and stared directly at me. I continued to stand motionless, as did the fox, till it eventually lost its nerve and bolted.
It made my day though, and I'll bet that fox looks round corners in future!

#320657 - Mon Feb 19 2007 12:00 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South†Africa††††††††††
How wonderful aramis. Now I understand the walking/hiking/riding bike thing you do.

#320658 - Fri Feb 23 2007 05:33 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio†USA††††
Low of yesterday? Boy, that's easy. My goodness, I have never been caught squarely in the middle of such a petty/strange turn of events (well, not since 1971, anyway) as unfolded on Thursday. My bottom line 'take' on it, though? Without belaboring a point let me assure you that, given the right [wrong?] day at my house, the biggest hurdle to jump is whether or not I'm going to make it to my still-busted toilet without wetting my pants. That, folks, is WAY enough drama for me. All these jacked-up versions of drama which cause such mayhem in teams, or blogs, or whatever ~ really don't need to find me, for one, ever. A whole day of that was enough, make no mistake about it. The end result? I'll join another team when Schwarzenegger learns how to say 'California' right (or at least without making me giggle when he says it). As for blogs? I'll still write one occasionally (I think) but won't be reading any anytime soon. Big "good" end results, right? I don't see any progress in such things whatsoever when they unfold like that. THEN...my scanner is not working and I can't send this entirely cool photo I found for that new "Photo" thread here. ! Nothing else works, darn it. Seems to me my machinery/toys ought to.

High point? Stay tuned. I'll think of something ....

Edited by Gatsby722 (Fri Feb 23 2007 05:40 AM)

#320659 - Fri Feb 23 2007 12:07 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Taesma Offline
Prolific

Loc: Bay Area California†USA††††††
Heehee, Gatsby. Hang in there, dude.
As my mom was so fond of saying (usually after counting to ten and taking a deep breath), "This too shall pass".

{{hugs}}
(And I think my signature of the moment is strangely appropriate to the situation at hand... )

#320660 - Fri Feb 23 2007 01:44 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

We all have "down" days sometimes. I am sure today has been much better Gats. We're all here for you

#320661 - Fri Feb 23 2007 04:48 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Channel†Islands††††
Highlight of the week has to be my daughter and her husband coming to stay for a few days. Several meals out meant a bit of additional weight to lose.

Low must be getting a revised tax bill for 2005 (payable a year in arrears), they found that they hadn't charged me for something. Hmmm, I thought it seemed lower than my calculation when I received it in September, I paid up quickly and didn't argue! Oh well, at least I had the use of the money for a few extra months.

#320662 - Sun Feb 25 2007 11:29 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

'High of the week' was going to the opening performance of Madam Butterfly at the Royal Albert Hall in London. It was a very unusual performance, performed 'In the Round'.
Anyone familiar with this venue will know it is a huge circular building, though performances are normally standard with a stage at one end of the auditorium and the audience in front. The 'Butterfly performance was enacted in the central area, normally given to stalls seating, with the full Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Peter Robinson at the stage end.
Our seats were in the 'best' - and most expensive - dress circle box area, a birthday present from our boys!
Rather than travel home very late at night, I'd booked a hotel nearby, and got a fantastic bargain - a double 'deluxe' room, normally costing £350 for only £82 including breakfast - good old internet!

#320663 - Fri Mar 02 2007 09:08 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Highlight of today - celebrating a extra special Mum's birthday! Me and my sister are going out to tea, with Mum, and my nieces.

#320664 - Sun Mar 04 2007 02:46 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

High of the week was going to see Sir Cliff Richards performing last night. Great show especially the 'oldies'.

Low was the bad accoustics at the venue, the seats that were far too small, too close together and too hard! Of course that was not Sir Cliffs fault

(Another high was being, almost, the youngest there. The average age must have been around 70)

Edited by lady1 (Sun Mar 04 2007 02:48 AM)

#320665 - Sun Mar 04 2007 02:19 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London†UK†††††††††††
Wow, lucky you, he's still one of my favourites and I'm nowhere near 70! To think I didn't go and see the Shadows (without Cliff) years ago as it was 50 miles away.

#320666 - Sun Mar 04 2007 05:33 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Quote:

Wow, lucky you, he's still one of my favourites and I'm nowhere near 70! To think I didn't go and see the Shadows (without Cliff) years ago as it was 50 miles away.

Hank Marvin, lead guitarist of the Shadows, was a 6th former at my school in Newcastle, England, and his younger brother was in my class, so I must have been one of the earliest fans of Cliff and the Shadows!
I need to correct my earlier post about the 'Madam Butterfly' performance being the highlight of the week, as a couple of days ago we gained a new grandson! We visited him and his parents today, and he's a real Beau!

#320667 - Mon Mar 05 2007 01:26 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Congratulations aramis how wonderful for you. That could be a high of the year!

#320668 - Mon Mar 05 2007 03:37 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Channel†Islands††††
Wonderful new aramis. I want a grandbaby.

#320669 - Mon Mar 05 2007 11:30 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Chris1013 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: SW London
England†UK
Within the last two weeks, two of my friends had their first baby - one had a boy and one a girl. Mothers and babies are well.
I am very excited, but unfortunately I won't be able to see either of them for a while, because one lives in Germany and the other in the USA. I have already seen pictures though, and let me tell you they are absolutely adorable!
All the best for the two young families!

#320670 - Mon Mar 05 2007 11:56 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
denni19 Offline

Loc: Bucharest Romania
Congratulations Aramis! May your granson have a healthy, wealthy and happy life. Of course, I wish the same to you all.

Now you know what's next? We want pics! We want pics!

To Chris - All my best wishes for your friends and their babies. Hope you'll get to see them 'live' soon.

#320671 - Tue Mar 06 2007 06:51 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong† Hong†Kong††††††
One of the greatest moments was when my first grandchild was born. I can't remember that great surge of excitement when my children were born, somehow.It is lovely having grandchildren. Nowhere near the stress.

#320672 - Wed Mar 07 2007 12:21 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Thanks everyone, and I'm sure you're right Lady1 about it probably being the highlight of the year. We have a niece expecting her first child in a few months time, but no other grand-children on the way.
As regards the pic's I haven't yet worked out how to post them I'm afraid, but have sent one to Sue for the 'photo a day' thread.

#320673 - Wed Mar 07 2007 06:24 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Channel†Islands††††
The baby is a cutie. I have sent you instructions on how to post it yourself so it has your name on the post rather than mine. Also instructions on how to create your own album and how to upload and edit.

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943