Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#320399 - Sat Oct 07 2006 06:44 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Life just isn't fair sometimes, but then no one ever said that it would be fair.

#320400 - Wed Oct 11 2006 06:25 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
I have just heard from my daughter, her friend wants her to go to London and then to visit the baby in hospital. It will be a very difficult situation for her, but I guess if that is what her friend wants then she must do it no matter how distressing. I don't know when the funeral will be.

#320401 - Wed Oct 11 2006 06:28 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
Sue that will terribly difficult for you daughter.
I'm confused though, why is the baby still in hospital and why can they visit it?
Have I missed something here?

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#320402 - Wed Oct 11 2006 06:37 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
I assume there was a post mortem, and that is how they found out about the lungs. Apart from that, presumably she hasn't been moved to a funeral home yet. They will have a viewing room at the hospital I suppose. My daughter referred to 'wants us to go' so I assume this includes my son-in-law. He has seen quite a few dead babies (he is a paediatrician) so it will not be so hard for him. Perhaps she wants Vicky to see the baby so that when she talks about her, Zoe will be real to Vicky too, and not just a name.

Apparently her husband is handling it very badly and she (the poor mother) thinks she will have to give him a lot of support! If that keep her sane, then fine.

#320403 - Wed Oct 11 2006 10:30 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

My heart goes out to them. I cannot imagine how it feels.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#320404 - Wed Oct 11 2006 03:27 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
Seeing a baby in hospital like that is a very tough experience, Sue. If your daughter doesn't feel she can cope with it I would strongly suggest she goes with her instinct. She can always accompany her friend as far as the corridor or hallway nearby and be there for her afterwards.

My husband and I found it really hard, and I cannot imagine how we would have felt about people outside the immediate family wanting to be with us and our son. In one way it's a very great honour for your daughter that her friend considers her so close a friend as to want her there, but for your daughter it will not be easy.

#320405 - Wed Oct 11 2006 03:33 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
It is all the more difficult for my daughter as she has been trying to start a family herself, this is going to haunt her throughout any possible pregnancy.

#320406 - Thu Oct 12 2006 07:12 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
I have to celebrate
Anyone come across a gold coin while cleaning the cupboards out? Well after my regular search of Friends Reunited I feel the same way as I've found another person after 27 years! The fact she probably definitely won't even reply is of little consequence, plus she has nothing on her profile to say what she's doing, I have still both found her and sent her a message.

Now I am one to fall in love from a distance fairly easily, and is rarely if ever returned. Now this person was one of the few who really hit the spot in every department and never knew a thing about it for good reasons. Firstly I was 19 and she was 23, which at that age was the same as me chasing my mother's friend at 46 (another story) and a waste of time, plus the major reason was she lived with her boyfriend. So I looked from a distance and never forgot her since. I've been on the site at least 5 years and she joined a few months ago, so sooner or later new people do arrive and in my top 10 she was near the top of all I was waiting for. Now 99% are married from my past, the others are with someone but not married to them so there is never a chance of a second crack, but if she replies I will tell her exactly how I felt, as I always wanted to anyway.

On a similar front, another woman I found there added my story to her profile how her father intervened before we could ever get anything off the ground. And for all those years I thought it was because of me. It's a good site and has tied up many loose ends, and hopefully one more.

#320407 - Sat Oct 14 2006 05:20 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
On a high, three reunions in two days so far and two more to come. The school one this evening was a hoot, all the 'do you remember...'.

#320408 - Sun Oct 15 2006 11:26 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
High of my day...it rained all day! We haven't had it rain all day in a long time.

#320409 - Mon Oct 16 2006 05:10 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
Glad you are enjoying the reunions, Sue. A trip down memory-lane can be fun.

I'm also glad that dg_Dave is getting the rain, as I must confess that it's the only weather which really gets me down. I don't much like high temps either, but even so it's better than ikky, mucky rain.

Looks like it's highs all-round as I, too, have my own personal high to add. I've recently returned to work, after an 8-year break, and have been working as a temp a couple of days a month at a company nearby. Last week, to my delight, the Director asked if I was interested in continuing my temp work, but also adding in four other half-days in another capacity with them. It's nice to be offered work without having to go through the rigmarole of applying and interviewing, and of course it's a compliment as it means they are satisfied with my work thus far and I'm getting my reward for making the effort to fit in well.

#320410 - Mon Oct 16 2006 04:43 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
What a weekend, most enjoyable. This is the class of '66 We were about 100 in the school year and 19 of us turned up at this reunion. We are hoping to have another larger one in about two years when we will all have our bus passes!

#320411 - Mon Oct 16 2006 04:54 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
"two years when we will all have our bus passes"

LoooooooooooooooooooooL that made my day

Good to have you back and glad you ahd a great time

(And I meant to say thanks to you for the photo of yourself you put in with the toblerone, was beautiful ... )

Dave! Saw on the news that there is flooding being caused by the rain in Texas - is that affecting you at all? And feel free to share that rain if you want!

#320412 - Mon Oct 16 2006 05:02 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
You got me puzzling there, I had forgotten about the photo - it was the one of me in my best coat, yes?

I hope you appreciated the little 'goodie bag'.

Edited by sue943 (Mon Oct 16 2006 05:06 PM)

#320413 - Mon Oct 16 2006 05:38 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Quote:

Dave! Saw on the news that there is flooding being caused by the rain in Texas - is that affecting you at all? And feel free to share that rain if you want!

There was some flooding in Waxahachie, which is about 35 miles south of downtown Dallas on I-35E. On the north side, there wasn't any flooding, but plenty of much needed rain.

#320414 - Mon Oct 16 2006 06:49 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
hehe that's the one, Sue

Lurve the goodie bag - Conor isn't much into lollies, except lolly pops, so I've been sampling them here and there.

#320415 - Wed Oct 18 2006 05:30 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Highs and lows, business and academic up, one course finished and another started, we have to do something every year for life or we lose our counselling badge. I wanted to do something a bit different this year and just got it approved as the last took hours of reading and writing and that was quite enough for some time.

Low is, as fully expected, the woman from my drama class of 1978-9 didn't reply, unless she's on the space station and hasn't got internet access till she splashes down next March. Otherwise satguru has been blown out yet again, and by one of the nicest women I have ever met. They may be nice but they think very little of me...

#320416 - Tue Oct 24 2006 08:12 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

This thread has gone quiet- I'm talking to myself yet again!

Well, despite over 5 years on Friends Reunited I just found 5 more people on my list and emailed them. Now recently I'm down to about a 10% reply rate (why do they bother to join I wonder?) but one in particular I have a major hope to hear from. I will return with details if anyone actually does for a potential high to become a a real one.

I know the blogs allow us to give our ups and downs in far more detail but I like this thread so please join in!

#320417 - Tue Oct 24 2006 08:33 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Quote:

"two years when we will all have our bus passes"

In England Senior Citizens used to be called 'twirlys'. This is because they would ask the bus driver, when the time was getting near to the really cheap bus rates:
"Am I too early?" (True)
I am having a nice time. My cousin (my only one)from Gloucester is visiting Hong Kong. She has been all over China with a group tour and has her last 4 days in a hotel here. I went up to meet her and we did the orientation tour, taking in, of course, the main shopping areas. Boy she shopped for England!!I shall bring her to my place on Friday. My part is very lovely as we are in the mountains. A complete contrast to all the hustle and bustle of Central HK. Having fun.

#320418 - Wed Oct 25 2006 05:29 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Well, it's a start. From 6 emails sent in the early hours last night I've had the first reply of possibly two, and typically from the only male on the list. The really weird thing was two nights ago I dreamed I was on holiday where I met him and he was in it, the first time ever I think (and I think he was last there in 1979). Then not quite by coincidence I was doing my usual name check but the dream made me think of putting his name in instead of his sister's (he was quite a bit younger than us) and bingo. He remembers all our exploits as we spent 4 separate years from my total of 22 running riot across the Devon countryside. I'm not bothered about the unlikely replies from four others as I realised they did their best to get out of my way in the 70s so would hardly come back for more now, but the 6th was always on the right side so who can tell?

#320419 - Wed Oct 25 2006 06:35 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
A little over three weeks ago, as my husband and I were driving through St Louis, Missouri, a young man sped through a road construction zone going 75 miles per hour, lost control of his car, hit the lane divider wall then hit us. Surprisingly, noone was badly hurt, but both vehicles sustained major damage. Since then, I've been a little reluctant to be out driving. It seems that every car or truck that passes is going to hit us. My low: having to deal with insurance and damages and feelings of accidents about to happen. My high: being alive and being thankful that so is the young man and his passengers who hit us. It could have so easily been the other way.

#320420 - Wed Oct 25 2006 06:44 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Oh Clara Sue that's awful. I understand your fears completely, but encourage you to try and rise above them.
Don't let that idiot control your life like this!

#320421 - Thu Oct 26 2006 09:15 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Thank you, skunkee. Check your PM's.

#320422 - Mon Oct 30 2006 05:09 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Oy a broch! (do you speak Yiddish?!). Three days and no blog here. I wanted to blether on about clothes and food shopping,lost loves and emails and ended up using the comment box to say I can't post anything new.
It's spread to three more members at least and is a bug apparently tough to locate. But I'll do my best not to transfer my entries to this thread, I'd like to remain a member here many more years...

#320423 - Mon Oct 30 2006 05:13 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
My blog works just fine.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943