3) A profession beginning with M
4) A FICTIONAL character with the surname beginning with M
5) Any animal beginning with M

This closes on Thursday or Friday

#324706 - Tue Oct 17 2006 05:54 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Round 14 belated...

1. The Rolling Stones are currently doing a US tour. Please give me a city that they will perform in from today until the end of November.

2. On October 14, 1933, Nazi Germany withdrew from the League of Nations. Name a country who was a member of the League when it disbanded in 1946.

3. On October 14, 1949, 11 members of the US Communist party were convicted of conspiring to overthrow the government. Name one of them. (This was known as the Smith Act Trial.)

4. On October 14, 1998, Eric Rudolph was charged with 6 bombings (one of which was more famous than the others.)
Name one of them.

5. On October 14, 1916, C. Everett Koop, Surgeon General of the US under Ronald Reagan. Name any other US Surgeon General.

This will close on Friday - I'm here for help if you need it!

Edited by cinnam0n (Tue Oct 17 2006 09:39 AM)

#324707 - Wed Oct 18 2006 08:30 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds
Polaris101 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Virginia USA
Round 18 questions

1. A feature film Anthony Michael Hall appeared in from 1980-1989. (no TV movies please)

2. An artist who recorded a song written by singer/songwriter Tom T. Hall.

3. An event on the schedule for October 2006 at the Royal Albert Hall.

4. An inductee of the US National Aviation Hall of Fame, whose last name begins with C.

5. A single which was a top ten hit on the US Billboard Hot 100 charts for Hall & Oates.

#324708 - Wed Oct 18 2006 12:21 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
MaggieG Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wales UK
Round 12 will be closing in about three hours. I think I've got most entries, but any latecomers are very welcome!

#324709 - Wed Oct 18 2006 05:00 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
MaggieG Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Wales UK
Round 12 results - and thank you so much to the (rather appropriate!) twelve who played!

1)Anthony Powell wrote 'The Dance to the Music of Time', a novel in twelve volumes. Please give me one of the novels which comprise this epic work.
For 10 points
Hearing Secret Harmonies, The Valley of Bones, The Acceptance World, Books Do Furnish a Room, The Kindly Ones
For 5 points
Temporary Kings, At Lady Molly's, A Buyer's Market

2) Name one of the signs of the Zodiac.
For 10 points
Scorpio, Pisces, Sagittarius, Taurus
For 5 points
Aries, Virgo, Aquarius

3)Hercules performed twelve labours to atone for killing his wife and children. Name one of them.
For 10 points
Steal the apples from the Garden of the Hesperides, Fetching the cattle of Geryon, Clean the Augean stables, Obtain the girdle of Hippolyta, Capture the Erymanthian Boar, Slay the Nemean lion and bring back its fur
For 5 points
Slay the Stymphalian birds, Steal the horses of Diomedes

4) The twelve tribes of Israel were descended from the sons of Jacob, later named Israel. Pease give me the name of one of his sons. 2) Name one of the signs of the Zodiac.
For 10 points
Simeon, Dan, Issachar, Reuben
For 5 points
Gad, Benjamin, Judah

5) One of the all-time great films was 12 Angry Men starring Henry Fonda in one of his most memorable roles. Name one of his fellow jurors (actor not character).
For 10 points
Ed Binns, Joseph Sweeney, Jack Warden, John Fiedler, George Voskovec, Lee J. Cobb
For 5 points
Jack Klugman, Ed Begley,

And the results are...

40 points
Gatsby, aginor, Engadine, glamel
35 points
ren33, denni19, Jane Marple, cujimmy, mugaboo,

30 points
Howie, srini, bethfay

The winners this round and a well desrved point to each are

Gatsby, aginor, Engadine, and glamel !!!

Thanks to all of you for playing! And I loved the comments with your answers! They cheered me immensely!

#324710 - Wed Oct 18 2006 05:07 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
I am sorry , I will be late this week,
have people today for a BBQ. I will try tonight if not too knackered...

#324711 - Thu Oct 19 2006 04:31 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds
ren33 Offline

You will no doubt believe me if I tell you that I created a super super quiz and then deleted it by mistake and I am now starting again from scratch? Well it is true...

October19th

1781 : Victory at Yorktown
Cornwallis surrendered and effictively ended the American Revolution.Using THIS LINK name one of the positions he was given during his later years (1785-1805 )

2.1958 : Britain's first world champion
Briton Mike Hawthorn, driving a Ferrari Dino 246, clinched the Formula One World Championship at the Moroccan Grand Prix at Ain-Diab near Casablanca on this day. Name one of the top ten all time British racing champions.

3.1914 : First Battle of Ypres
On October 19, 1914, near the Belgian city of Ypres, Allied and German forces begin the first of what would be three battles to control the city and its advantageous positions on the north coast of Belgium during the First World War.
Name another WW1 Battleground.

4.1939 : Mr. Smith Goes to Washington debuts
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington debuts, starring James Stewart as an earnest young senator persevering against corruption and cynicism. The film, one of the first in which Stewart starred, won him the New York Film Critics Award for Best Actor.
Name another movie for which he was given a best Actor award.

5. 1931 : John le Carre is born
David Cornwell, later known as spy novelist John le Carre, is born on this day in Poole, England.
One of his spy novels please.

Phew! If this fails to post I am out of here... probably for ever... ( I am sorry this is pretty pathetic as quizzes go, but we all have our off days.I will try harder next time.)XXX S.

#324712 - Thu Oct 19 2006 01:10 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Round 16 will be closing in app. 10-12 hours.
Free coffee and donuts 'til then ....

#324713 - Thu Oct 19 2006 06:54 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
ren33 Offline

OOOH May I have one of those warm fresh ones with strawberry jam inside and sugar all over the outside? Yum

#324714 - Thu Oct 19 2006 09:12 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
cinnam0n Offline

Round 14 closing in 10-12 hours.
No free food being offered, though...

#324715 - Thu Oct 19 2006 10:18 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Round 16 "Katharine Hepburn"
12 dazzling players!

1.) Kate won an Oscar for her stirring portrayal of Queen Eleanor in "A Lion In Winter" (1968) - a Queen twice, no less (married and divorced to Louis VII of France and then in quite a mixed-up mess with that rascal Henry II). In the midst of much chaos and assorted not-so-nice varieties of things, Eleanor managed to give birth to a total of ten children. I'm just needing the name of one of her sons or daughters, please.

For 10 points:
Marie, William, Geoffrey, Eleanor.
For 5 points:
Richard (3), Matilda [or Maud] (3), Alice [or Alix] (2).

The others were Henry, Joan and John.

2.) Women of breeding, good taste and a fierce desire for knowledge/independence have been known to attend one of "The Seven Sisters", a group of liberal arts women's colleges. Hepburn was an alumnus of Bryn Mawr but there are six more of "The Seven Sisters" universities. Pick one, if you would.

For 10 points:
Barnard, Mount Holyoke.
For 5 points:
Wellesley (3), Radcliffe (3), Vassar (2), Smith (2).

3.) Katharine was at her best in the film "The African Queen" (1951) and being a prim and proper missionary stuck on a boat in wartime Africa with the unyieldingly annoyed (and mostly annoying) Charlie Allnut turned into one of the most unlikely but endearing film romances in history. While she had no business with any of this refreshment, Charlie liked his gin. His travelling companion, in a bible-thumping snit, poured it out piously . Too bad, really. According to "Cocktail Times" there are 23 Most Popular mixed drinks that can be made using gin. Select one of those....[you may find two lists there - pick from the "Popular" list and not the "Classical" one].

For 10 points:
Slingarce Sling, Boomerang, Red Gin, Queen's Favorite, Negroni.
For 5 points:
Bermuda Rose (3), Lily Pond (2), Pacific Breeze (2).

15 others on the list, including the Gin & Tonic, Tom Collins and, of course, the Martini .

4.) Hepburn did an early film called "Alice Adams" in 1935. The critics loved it and loved her performance, too. The novel the film was based on was written by Booth Tarkington, who had a good body of work. Name another novel by Booth that has a man or woman's FIRST name in its title, OK? Note: if it has a first and surname in it, that'll work, too.

For 10 points:
"Seventeen: A Tale of Youth and Summertime and the Baxter Family, Especially William", "Presenting Lily Mars".
For 5 points:
"Mary's Neck" (2), "Penrod and Sam" (2), "Kate Fennigate" (2), "Gentle Julia" (2), "Claire Ambler" (2).

5.) Kate was nominated for a whopping 12 Academy Awards as Best Actress and won four of them (none of which she picked up in person, by the way). This time I need a character's name Hepburn was nominated for playing (but failed to win the Oscar for playing her), which means there are eight characters from which to choose.

For 10 points:
Violet Venable from Suddenly Last Summer, Alice Adams from Alice Adams, Mary Tyrone from Long Day's Journey Into Night, Rose Sayer from The African Queen.
For 5 points:
Lizzie Curry from The Rainmaker (5!), Tess Harding from Woman of the Year (3).

No one selected Tracy Lord from The Philadelphia Story or Jane Hudson from Summertime....

The Results!

bethfay....40 points!
denni19, Engadine, glamel, Howie72, MaggieG....35 points!
cujimmy, Frøya, JaneMarple, ren33....30 points!
Mugaboo, srini701....25 points!

What a grand contest! It was close all the way through and decided right at the very end. Well done, folks! I bow in light of your skills. A special "congrats" to our winner bethfay!

Continue with your donuts now and see you next time !

#324716 - Thu Oct 19 2006 10:50 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
Kuu Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia     
I will close round 11. Answers and scores up within a couple of hours.

#324717 - Thu Oct 19 2006 11:59 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
srini701 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Hyderabad India           
Last yet again

Maybe Jane should open a special category for most last-placed finishes this month! I am a runaway winner here already

#324718 - Fri Oct 20 2006 04:07 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds
Howie72 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Timaru NZ
Just when you thought it was safe to come back here, round 20 suddenly appears.

1) As I am typing this I am watching New Zealand play Sri Lanka in an ICC Champions Trophy cricket match. Please give me the name of one of the 14 players in the New Zealand squad.
2) The Gilbert Islands are part of Kiribati. PLease give me the name of one of the 11 atolls and 5 islands that make up the Gilbert Islands.
3) Please give me the name of a track off the Fleetwood Mac album "Tango In The Night".
4) The 2006 New Zealand Music Awards (the Tuis) were held on October 18. Please give me the name of a finalist in "Best Female Solo Artist", "Best Male Solo Artist", or "Kiwi FM Best Group" categories.
5) Please give me the name of a UNESCO World Heritage site in Austria.

Yet again there will be about a week before I close this round.

If any help is needed, I am only a request away.

#324719 - Fri Oct 20 2006 04:26 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds
Kuu Offline
Prolific

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia     
I managed to coax my husband away from the computer and luckily my daughter has gone away for the night - so I am now able to post the answers to Round 11.

9 people played

1) Give me the name of any Giant Panda who is currently living in a zoo outside of China.

Worth 10 points
Su Lin, Syu Hin, Lun Lun, Yang Yang, Jia Jia, Gao Gao, Bai Yun

Worth 5 points
Liang Bin/Rau Hin (2)

Liang Bin/Rau Hin (one website had Lau Hin) is the female bear born on the 6 Sept 2000 at Adventure World in Japan. I am not sure why she has 2 different names.

2) Give my the name of one of the atolls that make up the Maldives.

Worth 10 points
Laamu, Gnaviyani, Shaviyani, Dhaalu, Alif Dhaal, Thaa

Worth 5 points
Gaafu Alif (2)

Worth 10 points
Laamu, Gnaviyani, Shaviyani, Dhaalu, Alif Dhaal

3) Give me a species of toucan

Worth 10 points
Many-banded Aracari, Tawny-tufted Toucanet, Channel-billed Toucan, Spot-billed Toucanet, Fiery-billed Aracari

Worth 5 points
Hooded Mountain Toucan (2), Citron-throated Toucan (2)

4) Give me that date and location of one of the 10 worst plane crashes of all time.

Worth 10 points
Tenerife 27 Mar 1977 (583 people killed), Lockerbie 21 Dec 1988 (270 people killed), Strait of Hormuz 3 July 1988 (290 killed), Chicago 25 May 1979 (273 killed)

Worth 5 points
Dehli 12 Nov 1996 (349 killed) (2), Atlantic Ocean off Ireland 23 Jun 1995 (329 killed) (2)

I had to disallow the answer "July 3, 1988 at Chicago's O'Hare airport (American Airlines DC-10)" as the location is where the American Airlines DC-10 crashed but the date is wrong. The date is for another crash (the above mention Strait of Hormuz disaster in which a Iran Air plane was mistakenly shot down by the US Destroyer Vincennes).

5) Give me the name of an Australian who has won a Nobel Prize

Worth 10 points
Macfarlane Burnett, John Eccles, John Coetzee

Worth 5 poinys
Patrick White (2), John Cornforth (2), Barry Marshall (2)

John Coetzee was born in South Africa but he emigrated to Australia in 2002 (the year before he won the Nobel Prize for Literatre)

Scores

45 points - Gatsby722

40 points - Engadine, denni19, cujimmy, bethfay, glamel
35 points - ren33, srini701
30 points - Mugaboo

#324720 - Fri Oct 20 2006 09:12 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Round 17 = closed!

#324721 - Fri Oct 20 2006 09:20 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Tuesday 17th October
1) A boy’s name beginning with M
For ten points:
Martin, Milind, Magnus, Marek, Manfred, Miguel, Miroslav, Marcel, Mathais, Marlon, Magne,
For five points:
Maurice (2),
Not mentioned:
Matthew, Malcolm, Mark and more

2) A girls name beginning with M
For ten points:
Mylene, Manasi, Mairi, Mhairi, Mavis, Marina, Medea, Magali, Magdalena, Maude, Margrete,
For five points:
Melinda (2),
Not mentioned:
Margaret, Monica, Mona and more

3) A profession beginning with M
For ten points:
Master of the Hounds, Mercenary, manicurist, Milliner, Metallurgist, Market Researcher, Matron, Marine Oiler, Mango picker, Mountaineer, Magician,
For five points:
Meteorologist (2),
Not mentioned:
Musician, Music teacher, Marine biologist, and more

4) A FICTIONAL character with the surname beginning with M
For ten points:
Montana Max [from tiny toons], Minerva Mink from The Animaniacs, (Silas Marner), Rob Roy MacGregor, Jordan McDeere (TV's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip), David Morton (from Lone Pine Adventure series by Malcolm Saville), Emma Micawber, Percival Montmount Jr. (from the novel "Tribes" by Arthur Slade), Minnie Mouse, Adrian Mole (Sue Townsend), Leo McGarry from "The West Wing", Lucy Manette (Tale of Two Cities), Karrin Murphy from the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher,
For five points:
Ten points to all.
Not mentioned:
Draco Malfoy, Professor Mineva McGonagal. (Harry Potter series) Miss Jane Marple and more

5) Any animal beginning with M
For ten points:
Manta Ray, a near threatened species of ray fish, Mountain Wolf Snake, Mamba, Mandrill, Margay, Marten, Marsupial Mouse, Mongoose, Marmoset, Mule,
For five points:
Meerkat (3),
Not mentioned:
Mouse, Moose and more

Scores - 13 players!
Bethfay – 50
Denni – 50
Engadine – 50
Frøya – 50
Gatsby – 50
Maggie – 50
Mugaboo – 50
Ren – 50
Srini – 50

Glamel – 45
Cujimmy - 45

Gemini – 35
Howie - 35

A massive well done to... Bethfay, Denni, Engadine, Frøya, Gatsby, Maggie, Mugaboo, Ren, and Srini

#324722 - Fri Oct 20 2006 02:50 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
cinnam0n Offline

A little clarification is necessary on some of my answers, so results are pending until I hear back from a few people.

#324723 - Fri Oct 20 2006 04:48 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
cinnam0n Offline

Round 14 Results

1. The Rolling Stones are currently doing a US tour. Please give me a city that they will perform in from today until the end of November.

10 points - Austin, TX; Atlantic City, NJ; Boise, ID; Honolulu, HI; Oakland, CA

5 points - Las Vegas, NV (3); Los Angeles, CA (2)

Other concerts are in Seattle, El Paso, and Phoenix.

2. On October 14, 1933, Nazi Germany withdrew from the League of Nations. Name a country who was a member of the League when it disbanded in 1946.

10 points- Finland, Ethiopia, Latvia, New Zealand, India, Egypt, Australia, Netherlands, Greece, Argentina
No repeat answers! There were several more that weren't mentioned.

3. On October 14, 1949, 11 members of the US Communist party were convicted of conspiring to overthrow the government. Name one of them. (This was known as the Smith Act Trial.)

10 points - Robert G. Thompson, Gilbert Green, Jacob Stachel, Eugene Dennis

5 points - Gus Hall (2), Henry Winston (2), Benjamin J. Davis (2)

Also convicted were William Z. Foster, John B. Williamson, John Gates, Irving Potash, and Carl Winter.

4. On October 14, 1998, Eric Rudolph was charged with 6 bombings (one of which was more famous than the others.)
Name one of them.

10 points -1996 Centennial Olympic Park, Atlanta

5 points - 1998 Abortion Clinic, Birmingham (5), 1997 The Otherside Lounge, Atlanta (4)

He was also charged with the bombing of an aboriton clinic in Atlanta in 1997.

5. On October 14, 1916, C. Everett Koop, Surgeon General of the US under Ronald Reagan. Name any other US Surgeon General.

10 points - William H. Stewart, Leonard A. Scheele, Hugh S. Cumming, LeRoy Edgar Burney

5 points - Walter Wyman (2), Julius B. Richmond (2), Thomas Parran, Jr. (2)

There were 17 others.

Scores -
With 50 points- glamel!
40 points - Gatsby722, bethfay, Howie72, Engadine
35 points - ren33, Mugaboo
30 points - Srini701, denni19, cujimmy

Thanks to the 10 players, and congrats to glamel!

#324724 - Sat Oct 21 2006 03:03 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds
Mugaboo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Scotland UK
October 21 - Round 21

1. Name an Actor who appeared in "Zulu" (1964)
2. Name a 19th century battle involving the Zulus.
3. Other than a battle site, give me a tourist attraction in KwaZulu-Natal.
4. Give me one of South Africa's 11 official languages.
5. Take the letters of "ZULU", convert to Morse Code, re-arrange the dots and dashes to come up with another word (any number of letters), then convert back to English and tell me the word you come up with.

Expect to round close on Thursday.

#324725 - Sun Oct 22 2006 07:04 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds
ren33 Offline

I will close quiz 19 in a few hours. Paging all slowcoaches.

#324726 - Sun Oct 22 2006 05:23 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
ren33 Offline

OK all, Thanks for 11 entries for October19th

1781 : Victory at Yorktown
Cornwallis surrendered and effictively ended the American Revolution.Using THIS LINK name one of the positions he was given during his later years (1785-1805 )
No one got 10
5 points
Envoy to the court of Frederick the Great of Prussia(2),Governor General of India( 5). Viceroy of Ireland,(4)

2.1958 : Britain's first world champion
Briton Mike Hawthorn, driving a Ferrari Dino 246, clinched the Formula One World Championship at the Moroccan Grand Prix at Ain-Diab near Casablanca on this day. Name one of the top ten all time British racing champions.
10 points
Damon Hill, Peter Collins
5 points
Jackie Stewert(2),Nigel Mansell((2), James Hunt, (3),Jim Clark,(2)

3.1914 : First Battle of Ypres
On October 19, 1914, near the Belgian city of Ypres, Allied and German forces begin the first of what would be three battles to control the city and its advantageous positions on the north coast of Belgium during the First World War.
Name another WW1 Battleground.
10 points
Le Cateau, Arras, Ramadi, Vimny Ridge, Caporetto, Jassin, Villers Bretonneux, Tannenberg,Gallipoli
5 points
Passchendaele(2)

4.1939 : Mr. Smith Goes to Washington debuts
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington debuts, starring James Stewart as an earnest young senator persevering against corruption and cynicism. The film, one of the first in which Stewart starred, won him the New York Film Critics Award for Best Actor.
Name another movie for which he was given a best Actor award. 10 points
The Stratton Story,
5 points
Vertigo( 3), The Philadelphia Story( 5)Mr Hobbs Takes a Vacation(2)

5. 1931 : John le Carre is born
David Cornwell, later known as spy novelist John le Carre, is born on this day in Poole, England.
One of his spy novels please.
10 points
The Russia House, The Night Manager, The Secret Pilgrim, A Murder of Quality, Tinker,Tailor,Soldier,Spy,The Spy Who Came in from the Cold.
5 points
The Perfect Spy(2)A Small Town in Germany(3)
Thus... with ...
40 points: Jane
with 35
Froya,Cujimmy,Mugaboo,Glamel, Bethfay,Gatsby
with 30
MaggieG,Srini,Howie and Denni

Well done all and extra well done to Jane .

Edited by ren33 (Tue Oct 24 2006 06:06 PM)

#324727 - Mon Oct 23 2006 12:20 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
Polaris101 Offline
Multiloquent

Round 18 is closing in a few hours. All ashore that's going ashore.

#324728 - Mon Oct 23 2006 10:42 PM Re: October Trivia Rounds
srini701 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Hyderabad India           
Tuesday, October 24: Round 24

This shall be a "India Miscellany" round.

1. We have festivals being celebrated in India almost every other month, but October to February/March is usually considered the "festival season" in India because of many major festivals that take place during this time. Name a major festival celebrated in India .

2. There are many forms of traditional dances in India, both classical and folk. I am looking for the name of a classical dance form of India.

3. India is a land of many religions. Name a religion that is followed in India.

4. India has had 14 Prime Ministers since its independence in 1947. Name somebody who has served as a Prime Minister of India.

5. Hockey is considered as the "official" sport of India, though cricket is far more popular. India also has not won anything of note in hockey over the last decade, but we did dominate hockey at the Summer Olympic Games for quite a long time, winning eight gold medals, including six in a row. Name a summer Olympic Games (venue and year) where India won the Hockey Gold.

The round stays open tillFriday morning India time (Thursday night in the western world), so rush your entries now

--srini701

#324729 - Tue Oct 24 2006 06:18 AM Re: October Trivia Rounds
Polaris101 Offline
Multiloquent

Round 18 results - 12 players

Q1. A feature film Anthony Michael Hall appeared in from 1980-1989. (no TV movies please)

10 points: Johnny Be Good, Six Pack

5 points:The Breakfast Club (2), Weird Science (2), Vacation (3), Out of Bounds (2)

not mentioned: Sixteen Candles, Jennifer's Journey

I couldn't allow Trojan War which came out in 1996.

Q2. An artist who recorded a song written by singer/songwriter Tom T. Hall.

10 points: Bobby Bare, Billy Ray Cyrus, Johnny Cash, Freedy Johnston, Alan Jackson, Waylon Jennings, Jeannie C Riley

5 points: Dave Dudley (3), Faron Young (2)

not mentioned: Jimmy C Newman, Flatt & Scruggs, Jim & Jesse, George Jones, Johnny Rodriguez, Jerry Lee Lewis, Deryl Dodd, others

Q3. An event on the schedule for October 2006 at the Royal Albert Hall.

10 points: Making Tracks!, National Brass Band Championships, Ray Davies, Meat Loaf

5 points: Royal Albert Hall Organ Recital (3), London Welsh Festival (2), Carmina Burana (3)

not mentioned: Young Brits @ Art, Alex Hutton Trio, Level 42, Berlioz - Grande Messe Des Morts, National Television Awards

Q4. An inductee of the US National Aviation Hall of Fame, whose last name begins with C.

10 points: Harry B Combs, Eugene Cernan, Bessie Coleman, Claire Chennault, Glenn Curtiss, Frederick Crawford

5 points: Clarence Chamberlin (3), Alfred Austell Cunningham (3)

not mentioned: Marion E Carl, Clyde Vernon Cessna, Octave Chanute, Jacqueline Cochran, Michael Collins, Charles Conrad, Laurence Craigie, Scott Crossfield

Q5. A single which was a top ten hit on the US Billboard Hot 100 charts for Hall & Oates.

10 points: She's Gone (re-release), Private Eyes, Maneater, I Can't Go For That

5 points: Adult Education (2), Sara Smile (4), You Make My Dreams (2),

not mentioned: Rich Girl, Kiss on My List, Did it in a Minute, One on One, Family Man, Say it isn't So, Out of Touch, Method of Modern Love, Everything Your Heart Desires

SCORES

45 - Jimjih
40 - Mugaboo, Denni, Maggie
35 - Cujimmy, Glamel, Bethfay
30 - Engadine, Gatsby, Howie
25 - Srini, JaneMarple

Thanks to all who played, and a point to Jimjih

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ozzz2002