Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#329363 - Tue Oct 31 2006 05:28 PM Spooky Synchronicities
gretas Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Northern Maine, USA
Okay, so earlier tonight I was taking my 14-year-old son to a friend's house for a scary movie party in honor of Halloween, here in the US. But the friend's house is in the larger town ten miles from ours and I can't find the street. I ask my son for the friend's phone number, which he gives me, and I dial it on my cell. I get this man and explain that I'm looking for "Alex's" house. The man says that Alex isn't there; he has been at another friend's house since school let out and so could not have invited my son over. I get all indignant and tell him that I have been driving around looking for his gouse for half an hour, have rented a scary movie, and if his son has bailed out without telling my son, it is the depths of rudeness. Then I get the bright idea to ask for the man's last name. It is NOT the same name as the people we are looking for, NOT the same Alex at all. We eventually found the right Alex and his house, but the fact that the wrong house had a kid named Alex, too, was downright spooky! Anyone else have a similar story?

#329364 - Tue Oct 31 2006 08:07 PM Re: Spooky Synchronicities
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
I certainly do, two in fact. Last week a van turned up at my house with 3 huge boxes of groceries. I wondered if I'd become a beneficiary of a charity until the driver showed me the address, but the name and postcode were not mine, but about 7 miles away.
I knew my road is a unique name in London and checked the postcode concerned with no results. A week later I collected my regular free house magazine and half way through there was a huge ad with the exact road the shopping should have gone to, with one different letter from mine. I'd never heard of it before or knew the area and within a week the answer was given to me.

My second was also last week. I dreamed about my annual Devon holiday I haven't been to for many years as I often do, but it featured a girl's brother I'd almost totally forgotten about and no one else. That made little sense and I decided to look him up on Friends Reunited despite not finding his sister who I had been looking for. He was there and replied the next day, and without the dream I would never have thought of trying. It seems there may be messages for us all over the place, my big question is who is sending them?

#329365 - Tue Oct 31 2006 08:10 PM Re: Spooky Synchronicities
Bruyere Offline
Star Poster

Loc: California USA
Searching for my 'lost' son who'd given us a name and surname of a friend...we ended up calling everyone and googling the name and approximate location...all night long I tried. I found one person who answered the phone with that name but told me that she wasn't the person I needed, however, she was a dispatcher for the emergency services, and she reassured me that, nine times out of ten, these things turned out all right.

Bless her, she was right.

#329366 - Wed Nov 01 2006 05:51 AM Re: Spooky Synchronicities
gretas Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Northern Maine, USA
Wow, you guys! Now, you've reminded of another one, too. Years ago, I was trying to call an old friend, whose number a third party had given me. I called it and got an Italian restaurant. So I gave up. THEN, I tried the number again, the next day, and my friend answered. Seems I had dialed the number wrong the first time, but the spooky thing was that she had actually been at the Italian restaurant whose number I mistakenly dialed!

Moderator:  ren33, sue943