Rules
Terms of Use

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#337712 - Wed Jan 03 2007 04:00 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
The local newspaper photographer and reporter are due during the next couple of hours, not sure if it one person multi-tasking or not.

We might even post the actual photo from the newspaper here if it has us both.

#337713 - Wed Jan 03 2007 04:35 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
It was just the one man, but hey, that meant we had four of them out in the garden with us so it was still two each.

#337714 - Wed Jan 03 2007 05:06 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Is there any word when the memorial service will be held for these poor men? I hope you were kind to them!

What a crack up .. and the local rag and all?!?! PLeeeease send me a copy!

#337715 - Wed Jan 03 2007 06:46 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Two more just arrived, Sue says they are OK. I still have to go and inspect...

#337716 - Wed Jan 03 2007 07:01 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
Well get out there and do your inspection and take the camera!

Offer them a crumpet and some tea! Get Phone Numbers in case you come back.You never know!

I can't wait to see the before and after pictures and the newspaper.

PF

#337717 - Thu Jan 04 2007 04:04 PM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
We went out this afternoon to have a cream cake and when we got back there were two messages on my answerphone, the first from the local newspaper wanting before and after photos and they would like to do an interview and write a feature article about us!

The second message was from a radio station, wanted to know all about it, the garden, and then did a radio interview with me and will be contacting the firm who did the work.

Just wait, this will hit the national dailies next, "Two old bats frolicking in the garden with men".

#337718 - Thu Jan 04 2007 04:47 PM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Burlington Ontario Canada  
Oh Sue that is just priceless! It is the perfect human interest story.
I am so pleased for both of you, and want links when the article appears.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#337719 - Thu Jan 04 2007 07:04 PM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
tiffanyram Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Tennessee USA
Yes, you definitely must provide links! That is rather exciting to have fun and be in the newspaper and on the radio to top it all off! It's great that the two of you get to share this and have such great fun.

#337720 - Thu Jan 04 2007 08:18 PM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
argus9 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada   
Ah your 15 mins of fame, enjoy the moment and be careful what you say to the press, I don't trust them an inch.

Homer Simpson

#337721 - Fri Jan 05 2007 05:46 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
Come on, come on, where are the pics????

#337722 - Fri Jan 05 2007 06:57 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
nic1990 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: South Australia
Yeah jeez you guys, hog all the fun

#337723 - Fri Jan 05 2007 09:19 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
I have just dropped the old boot off in town, left her to shop 'till she drops. Heaven help Boots and WH Smiths, they will be wondering who this demented old woman is who is drooling over such wonders as Lemsip and 'three for the price of two' books!

We stopped at a garden centre on our way to town and Sara, the naughty woman has bought me some gift tokens to spend on my garden in a few months. I think I might be buying a few colbalt blue glazed containers for my garden and fill them with plants, they will look wonderful. I might get a couple of smaller ones to sit on some shelves which are set into my pure white wall, then a larger one or two for elsewhere in the garden.

I bought her a little pot of snowdrops in flower, she can't take them with her but can look at them for the next couple of days. Then I will plant them in the garden and hope they come up year after year.

Later this afternoon I will meet her at a fish and chip shop so she can buy me dinner! Then we might go to the cinema to see Miss Potter, or we might just come back here to see Eastenders and Coronation Street.

#337724 - Sun Jan 07 2007 07:20 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
That's it then, she has gone.

We went to a restaurant overlooking the Atlantic Ocean for some breakfast, then from there I took her to the airport and sat with her until her flight was called to ensure she didn't miss her flight!

She caused semi-havoc at the check-in as her hand baggage was far too heavy and her checked baggage was lighter than maximum. She then off-loaded things from the hand baggage into her suitcase to balance it out.

Then she caused problems as she checked-in online but didn't like the seat allocation from Heathrow to Hong Kong, not enough leg room. She wanted to change her seat allocation.

That was all sorted out for the poor old dear so we went to sit down for a while until they called her flight. Then she went off to the loo and while she was gone they called for a Sara Ren----, I wasn't sure if was her or not and by that time she got back to me and she also heard it but wasn't sure if it was for her. Then the call came again, "Would Sara Rennison, passenger to Gatwick please return to the British Airways check-in desk".

Oh heck, someone must have done a check on her and decided to offload her - blast, I would be lumbered for longer if they wouldn't fly her! Phew, they just wanted to upgrade her to Club Class! I think her upgrade was only for the Jersey-London leg, they must have felt sorry for the poor old bat having to travel alone to Hong Kong. I would be nice if she gets another upgrade in London but I guess that is too much to hope. Unfortunately the upgrade came too late for her to take advantage of the executive lounge.

#337725 - Sun Jan 07 2007 12:09 PM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Aw, that's too bad that she had to go.
I'm so glad you two got to spend Christmas together.
I can't wait to see the shots of those men!

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#337726 - Sun Jan 07 2007 12:32 PM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Most of the photos are in Sara's camera, I couldn't stop her, she kept popping out to snap them, obviously she is short of male company in Hong Kong. Her camera isn't digital so we will have to wait until she gets them developed.

#337727 - Sun Jan 07 2007 02:04 PM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
denni19 Offline

Loc: Bucharest Romania
So she has flown.
May she get back safe and....hurry with those photos. (Hmmm...never suspected she was a half-time paparazzi )

#337728 - Sun Jan 07 2007 02:37 PM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Awwww - all good things must come to an end Bet you two have had a ball. BUt the good thing about her trip to you being over is that it means it closer to when us Australians get to meet her! Can't wait for that!!

Quote:

I took her to the airport and sat with her until her flight was called to ensure she didn't miss her flight!

Yes, you can never be too careful!

#337729 - Mon Jan 08 2007 01:37 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
Glad you got rid of her Sue - I mean glad she got away safely. Now we will have to wait to hear how her flight was and if she arrived safely.

#337730 - Mon Jan 08 2007 03:20 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
I counted the silver after she left and it seems to be intact. When we were at the airport and she was messing about taking things from one bag and putting into the other I noticed she had a number of books. One was the same as a book I had so I said "You ought not have bought a copy, you could have had mine", when she arrived at Heathrow she send me an email to tell me it was mine!

She is probably in Hong Kong about now, she must be absolutely exhausted. She has to work tomorrow, how she will manage I have no idea, I couldn't do it the day after such a long flight.

#337731 - Mon Jan 08 2007 07:17 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
WEll, hope safe and sound! It is a heck of a long way, I say that every time, but well worth it for a super trip. I was spoilt rotten and had a blast. Now I have to think about how to get up at 5 am to go to work tomorrow! Anyway, thanks all you well wishers, I will try and get some pics of all Sue's men up soon. XX

#337732 - Mon Jan 08 2007 07:27 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Glad to hear that you made it home safe and sound.
Thanks you two, for sharing your laughs with us!

#337733 - Mon Jan 08 2007 08:32 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
I am glad you are home safe and sound.
I know the two of you shared alot of good meals and laughter.
I think you both did some spoiling of each other.
I am glad you spent Christmas together.(Actually in December instead of June )
Hope you are now warm and will try and get some rest when you can.
Can't wait to see ALL odf Sue's MEN!!!!
PF

#337734 - Mon Jan 08 2007 09:56 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
It's so wonderful to have good friends. I'm glad you two had a nice time together and ren got home safely. I have a question, though. By the time I got to FT, a lot of the regulars had been here for quite awhile and were good friends already. What I'm wondering is: did you, Sue and Sara, meet here at FT or were you friends before?

#337735 - Mon Jan 08 2007 10:21 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Well. I, for one, hope somebody is planning a trip to visit somebody soon because I truly enjoyed reading about this Hong Kong/Jersey "conference" every day indeed ! I got to 'live vicariously' (not to mention that I nearly peed my pants laughing as I kept up with events). I'm glad everyone got home safely, too. And that assorted larcenies, delays, overindulgences and unsuspecting workmen survived it all in one delightful piece as well (without arrest[s] or shocking public disturbances) .

#337736 - Mon Jan 08 2007 11:32 AM Re: Trials and tribulations - Christmas Chez Sue
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
ClaraSue, we met in this very forum. Bonnie and Sara had become friendly already through the book forum. Linda1 used to be head moderator here and she developed kidney stones and we had a 'Get Well Linda' thread, that was back in the days when we used to permit photos in posts and the thread was very funny. I think we more or less became friendly through that thread.

Then Sara said she was going to Vancouver to stay with Bonnie and from there she was travelling to England to stay with an old friend so I suggested she pop over to see me for a few days. The following year she was visiting England again so again came over. The three of us chat almost every day on MSN or Skype, normally the former.

When Tellywellies was in Jersey Sara and I met up with him and his wife. Sypher has met Sara in Hong Kong when he was on his way back from meeting some of the Aussies. Copago came to London so a group of travelled from various places in England and me from Jersey.

I think the next planned is Sara going to Australia at Easter - heaven help them!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943