Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#339828 - Wed Jan 03 2007 10:16 PM How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
hintmaster Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Ontario Canada
After playing more and more I found that I spent less time quizzing and more time doing other things, for example: Creating quizzes Posting in the discussion board ETC.
It has led me to believe that this has happened to other people.
I would like to know if you spend more time doing other things on fun trivia then actually playing quizzes.

Although I still play quizzes I spend more time doing other things. and I really accomplish nothing.

-_-_Hintmaster_-_-

Edited by hintmaster (Thu Jan 04 2007 02:23 PM)

#339829 - Wed Jan 03 2007 10:30 PM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
nic1990 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: South†Australia
I'm a shocker for logging on, going to play a quiz, but then 'quickly' logging into the Forums. An hour or so later, i'm still in the Forums, and any thought of playing a quiz has completely vanished..

#339830 - Wed Jan 03 2007 10:31 PM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England†UK
It surely depends how you define 'accomplish'! Taking part in forum discussions, thus contributing to debates, or adding to interesting threads is an accomplishment. Also, creating interesting quizzes, and having them placed on line by an experienced and competent editor is arguably the most demanding aspect of funtrivia, and an accomplishment by any standard!
Spending more time 'doing other things than quiz playing' might even be seen as a sort of maturity, whereby some players wish to contribute to the site, rather than just using it.
It's all a matter of personal preference.

#339831 - Wed Jan 03 2007 10:34 PM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
hintmaster Offline
Forum Adept

Quote:

Also, creating interesting quizzes, and having them placed on line by an experienced and competent editor is arguably the most demanding aspect of funtrivia, and an accomplishment by any standard!

It defiantly is,
By far the most rewarding feel you can have on funtrivia (For me at least)
But not every user (unless youíre the jazzkickazz) you donít create a quiz a day.

#339832 - Thu Jan 04 2007 08:27 AM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
funlover2001 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Toledo, Ohio United States
I do spend alot of time playing quizzes. I have badge #9 already and I just joined fun trivia dec 18th But now that I know there is so much to do besides take quizzes, I'm spending less time on them, but I still do a good deal of quizzes.

#339833 - Thu Jan 04 2007 09:58 AM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
lynn-ann Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Cape Town South†Africa†††††
I find I also spend more time doing other things on the funtrivia site than doing actual quizzes. I enjoy creating quizzes and I agree with hintmaster that it is such a rewarding feeling when your quiz is placed online.
When the new global challenge started I was determined to make it to the final round, now I seem to be stuck at the Brainiacs. I log on to play and somehow I end up here in the forums playing chain games. Right now I logged on quickly (while I'm preparing dinner) to play my regional quiz, but ended up here. Overall this is a great site and I enjoy every 'stolen' minute on it.

#339834 - Thu Jan 04 2007 10:15 AM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
crimsonhawk909 Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Florida USA
I tend to log on during boring classes and play a couple of quizzes but then I log on to the forums and post some comments. I don't spend a lot of time on the quizzes.

#339835 - Thu Jan 04 2007 10:42 AM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
skunkee Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Burlington Ontario†Canada††
I defintely spend more time editing quizzes than anything else on this site...and maybe even more time than doing anything else around my home! Just kidding about the latter part.

"To insult someone we call him 'bestial'. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult." - Isaac Asimov

#339836 - Thu Jan 04 2007 10:59 AM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
hintmaster Offline
Forum Adept

Quote:

I tend to log on during boring classes and play a couple of quizzes but then I log on to the forums and post some comments. I don't spend a lot of time on the quizzes.

Acually I tend to do that too

#339837 - Thu Jan 04 2007 11:33 AM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
I love the quizzes, but spend a lot of time "over here" in the Forums, particually in Chain Games, when I have a hour...or more!...to spare!

#339838 - Thu Jan 04 2007 12:38 PM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
hintmaster Offline
Forum Adept

Sometimes I go on quiz playing streaks. Once in I while ill play a variety of quizzes for 30 minutes straight. When I first played I used to be obsessed with playing quizzes, but creating them is so much more fun. And the discussion board I love to go on it.
Still quizzes are so fun, there oozing with knowledge.

-_-_Hintmaster_-_-

#339839 - Thu Jan 04 2007 04:21 PM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
tiffanyram Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Tennessee USA
When I first joined I played tons of quizzes and tons of hourly games. Now I find that I tend to 'float' more. I try to play at least all the daily quizzes everytime I get on. I also check the forums constantly though I don't always post everyday. I do a lot of crosswords too.

As you mentioned hintmaster, I also will go on a quiz playing streak. I look at which categories I haven't played as many quizzes in and I look for ones that I think I will like and/or do well on. I have gotten away from the global challenge and hourlies though I still pop in on those from time to time. I have also created several quizzes.

#339840 - Fri Jan 05 2007 10:40 AM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
stuthehistoryguy Offline
Prolific

Loc: Omaha Nebraska†USA††††††
If I'm intensely at a project, not much. If I'm at a project that requires me to wait on others, longer.

#339841 - Tue Jan 23 2007 10:56 PM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
kime30 Offline
Participant

Loc: Indiana, USA
Well, today I did about 4 hours of Fun Trivia. I love this site and will keep playing it. Yesterday, I did about 5-6 hours. Oh no, am I getting addicted? lol

#339842 - Wed Jan 24 2007 04:54 PM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
ladymacb29 Offline

Loc: The Delta Quadrant
None - By the time I'm done editing quizzes, I don't have any time to play any!

Editor for Television Category

#339843 - Thu Jan 25 2007 06:06 AM Re: How much time do you spend playing quizzes?
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
I have started playing quizzes much more often since Terry added the "Suggest quizzes I May Like" feature to the menu. For me, it's much better than weeding through the categories. I do them in spurts - sometimes just one or two a day, sometimes an hour's worth (especially if I'm less than 100 points behind the person ranked ahead of me).

Moderator:  ren33, sue943