Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#342450 - Mon Jan 22 2007 09:59 PM I'm going crazy!!!!
Chippy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Oklahoma USA
Due to the recent ice storm here in Oklahoma, Day 10 with no electricity is about to come to an end. We have a generator that we can use for a few hours, but we can only use it for a few hours at a time. I've read every book in the house. We've cleaned every room in the house, thrown a whole bunch of stuff away and now our dumpster is full and there's trash bags on our porch. Finally got all those pics put in photo albums. I'm starting to feel like Jack in "The Shining."

#342451 - Mon Jan 22 2007 10:41 PM Re: I'm going crazy!!!!
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Excellent! You should be so proud to have achieved things I have been putting off for years! Have you tried knitting?

#342452 - Mon Jan 22 2007 11:27 PM Re: I'm going crazy!!!!
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
>>> I'm starting to feel like Jack in "The Shining."

hehe! Gotta love the generators - our house is still hooked up to one and it's so handy for blackouts, especially in summer for the breezairs.

How realiable we are on electricity! We were in a town a couple weeks ago and the main part was blacked out. None of the shops could do anything and it really made you wonder how anything could operate if there was a major disaster with the electric.

#342453 - Tue Jan 23 2007 07:13 AM Re: I'm going crazy!!!!
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
Oh chippy come and stay with me I have cupboards to clean out, painting to be done and hundreds of other chores. You can even watch TV while you eat your lunch. Hee hee.

Hope your power problems are over soon.

#342454 - Tue Jan 23 2007 10:47 AM Re: I'm going crazy!!!!
toadette Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Port Dover Ontario Canada
"Day 10 with no electricity"

Definitely a good reason to go crazy. How do you manage?

#342455 - Tue Jan 23 2007 08:20 PM Re: I'm going crazy!!!!
Chippy Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Oklahoma USA
Lady1, if I can have something hot for lunch to eat, and something cold to drink, and it doesn't involve peanutbutter, I'm there!!!!!! lol

How do I manage? Like I said, I read, I cleaned, now I stare out the window and reflect upon what I read, and wonder when I can look in the bathroom mirror and see if I actually cleaned my face when I washed or not! lol

I'd try knitting, but I have no knitting supplies here. Feel free to bring me some and stay for a visit! lol

Moderator:  ren33, sue943