Rules
Terms of Use

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#343565 - Wed Feb 07 2007 01:35 PM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
The only problem, Taesma, is that the presentations always look so good that even when you know better, you're still tempted to buy into the timeshares or whatever it is they're selling. We recently were in Las Vegas, NV and got free tickets to a show but had to sit through 90 minutes of their presentations. Even knowing that I was going to be pressured, it was still hard to say no. We did get our tickets, and no, I didn't buy anything else, but it was tempting. ha!

#343566 - Wed Feb 07 2007 04:23 PM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Ventadour, looking at the numbers yours appears to come from the same people as the other one, plus a few other huge errors to look out for.

1) Telephone numbers: +44-704-5701-181
Fax: +448700686062

Translate to local: 07045 701181 - same mobile premium rate as before.

0870 0686062 - 0870 numbers pay 2.5-3p a minute to the owners of the number you call, costing the caller from the UK about 8p a minute and goodness knows how much from abroad. Luckily they are planning to ban these numbers within my lifetime but until then any 087 numbers should be avoided if possble, and check www.saynoto0870.com who list local numbers for many users.

The next error is the abbreviated clue after the lawyer's name, barr. This means barrister (not that it's an officially used abbreviation) and one fact that has never changed (despite sharing many functions since I studied law) is barristers work in chambers with other barristers, and it isn't legal to do otherwise. A barrister advertising from a law firm is not kosher, full stop. Outside the UK such distinctions rarely apply, but here we have two separate professions who are given work by the other, not working together.

And finally, the classic at the end, De La Rue Sistemas Informáticos GmbH & Co.

How many errors can you find in this line?

1) De La Rue are the government printers who, among other things, print much of the world's paper money, and are actually called De La Rue PLC

2) If they are called 'sistemas informaticos' they would be from a Spanish speaking country, and GmbH is German for Ltd/Limited company, and is a stand-alone title.

3)And Co is a British title and has no legal status, unlike the other three I have mentioned. No company in the world outside Britain would add '& Co' to a foreign title as it would be illegal. In Britain if used is added before the legal title, if there is one, so it would read De La Rue & Co PLC.

Therefore they have referred to a British company located in Britain, given it a Spanish company suffix, German legal status and British company reference. I've never seen more nonsense in one line since I marked essays at school. Clearly attention to detail isn't required for the type of people who jump in the air with joy when they get such a message...

#343567 - Wed Feb 07 2007 04:26 PM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Many years back my ex and I went to Peurto Rico for a couple of weeks, now I am not suggesting my ex is a cheapskate but he is the only person I have heard of who wore patched underwear!

Anyway, he decided the offers of free lunches, free breakfast, free shows in nightclubs was worth the effort so we attended several presentations during the two weeks.

#343568 - Wed Feb 21 2007 07:31 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
arose523 Offline
Learning the ropes...

Hi all i am new, and i have also been getting this email as well. i have been responding to it. very lery of it, because of all the scams that are now out. I have recieved a document that says i need to fill it out and send it back. so what i want to know is did any of you receive any money or winnings? thanks

#343569 - Wed Feb 21 2007 07:48 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Do not give any personal details at all to these people, nor send money. You will get nothing. If you give bank details or credit card details they will empty them out and steal your money.

They are scams

Recently, where I live, we have had several elderly people who have lost their life's savings to these people.

I repeat, DO NOT fill in the forms and DO NOT send any money, DO NOT give out your bank account or credit card details.

#343570 - Wed Feb 21 2007 09:07 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
arose523 Offline
Learning the ropes...

I havent sent them anything. I gave my name but they already had that I told them I didn't have a bank acct. And no phone either. So i told them if they had a check for me to mail it lol. then the sent me a legal doc. or so they say. but I was just wondering what it really was. Thank you for your feed back. *arose*

#343571 - Wed Feb 28 2007 08:14 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
How about an update? Has anyone received their winnings yet?

#343572 - Wed Feb 28 2007 11:50 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
I am obviously having a lucky streak at present, must be to do with it being the golden pig year and me being born in a golden pig year too. I think I have 'won' about six lotteries with my email address this year so far, from various countries. Too bad I do nothing about claiming all these prizes.

I have also missed out on becoming business partners with various people, only today was offered a share of the money some dead person in Iraq...

Quote:

Let me start by introducing myself.I am Mr.Patrick Chan Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer of the operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd.I have a secured business suggestion for you.Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Col. Hosam Hassan who was with the Iraqi forces and also business man made a numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar months in my bank.Upon maturity several notice was sent to him, even during the late last year,no response came from him. After further investigation it was also discovered that Col. Hosam Hassan was killed in the war and declare no next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit.

Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Col. Hosam Hassan.

If interested do send your email to...

Edited by sue943 (Wed Feb 28 2007 11:50 AM)

#343573 - Thu Mar 01 2007 03:26 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Imagine how many more Iraqis must have money out there just waiting to be collected. Never mind that if there were any truth in it, it would be illegal for any bank manager to 'pass on' his customers money to anyone else. Besides why not just put it into a Swiss bank account for yourself?

How do they think up all these schemes?

#343574 - Wed Mar 07 2007 03:32 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
I received the same 'Patrick Chan' phishing mail last week, and also a couple of others, one claiming to be from a major U.S. corporation with funds to distribute. Mostly these go stright to my spam folder and are deleted unread, but sometimes they get through, though I can still mark them as unread before trashing them.
Perhaps the most cynical I received is one which plays on the religious beliefs of well meaning people. You'd have to be pretty gullible to be taken in by this rubbish, but it must fool some people, and here it is. I've deleted the e.mail address given at the end:-

Dear Beloved in Christ,

It is by the grace of God that I received Christ, having known the truth;I had no choice than to do what is lawful and just in the sight of God for eternal life and in the sight of man for witness of God & His Mercies and glory upon my life.

I am Mrs. Mary Parker, the wife of Mr. Robert Parker, my husband worked with the Chevron/Texaco in Kenya for twenty years before he died in the year 2003. We were married for ten years without a
child. My Husband died after a brief illness that lasted for only four days. Before his death we both got born-again and dedicated Christians. Since his death I decided not to re-marry or get a child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is strongly against.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of US$7.5 Million (Seven Million Five Hundred Thousand U.S. Dollars) with a Bank in Europe. Presently, this money is still with the Bank and the management just wrote me as the beneficiary that our account has been DORMANT and if I, as the
beneficiary of the funds, do not re-activate the account; the funds will be CONFISCATED or I rather issue a letter of authorization to somebody to receive it on my behalf (note that you need to activate this account) as I can not come over.

Presently, I'm in a hospital in Kenya where I have been undergoing treatment for esophageal cancer. I have since lost my ability to talk and my doctors have told me that I have only a few weeks to live. It is my last wish to see this money distributed to charity organizations anywhere in the World.

Because relatives and friends have plundered so much of my wealth since my illness, I cannot live with the agony of entrusting this huge responsibility to any of them. Please, Please, I beg you in the name of God to help me Stand-in as the beneficiary and collect the Funds from the Bank. I want a person that is God-fearing who will use this money to fund churches, orphanages and widows propagating the word of God and to ensure that the house of God is maintained.

The Bible made us to understand that blessed is the hand that giveth. I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this money and my husband's relatives are not Christians and I don't want my husband's hard earned money to be misused by unbelievers. I don't want a
situation where this money will be used in an ungodly manner. Hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid of death since I know where I am going to.

I know that I am going to be in the bosom of the Lord. {Exodus14 VS14} says that the lord will fight my case and I shall hold my peace. I don't need any telephone communication in this regard because of my soundless voice and presence of my husband's relatives around me always. I don't want them to know about this development. Awaiting your urgent reply via my email address: (address deleted)

#343575 - Wed Mar 07 2007 06:35 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Hee hee. Why doesn't she just leave it to her church if she is such a big Christian? Man and people fall for this?

#343576 - Sun Mar 11 2007 10:46 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Wow, someone is giving me Ł20,000,000, how kind.

4 Old Church Street,
Chelsea, SW3, England.

Here writes Lady Rita Mosley, suffering from cancerous ailment. I used to be married to Sir David Mosley an Englishman who is dead.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of Twenty Million Pounds (20,000,000.00 Million Great Britain Pounds Sterling)which were derived from his vast estates and investment in capital market with his bank here in UK. Presently, this money is still with the Bank. Recently, my Doctor told me that I have limited days to live due to the cancerous problems I am suffering from.Though what bothers me most is the stroke that I have in addition to the cancer.With this hard reality that has befallen my family and me,I have decided to donate this funds to you and want you to use this gift to uplift the down trodden.

please,all i want from you is to help me use this gift which comes from my late husband effort to establish a charity home called "Mosley Charity Foundation" for widows,and persons who prove to be genuinely handicapped financially.Due to my ill health, i cannot go further than this.Thus,I want you to assure me that you will act just as I have stated herein.Hope to hear from you.You can contact me through my personal email address mosleysdreams_uk@yahoo.co.uk

Lady Rita. Mosley.

Of course I will set up a charity for it, only too pleased.

#343577 - Sun Mar 11 2007 11:37 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
toadette Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Port Dover Ontario Canada
Sue, we might have to share. Lady Mosley sent me an email as well

#343578 - Sun Mar 11 2007 12:33 PM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
pu2-ke-qi-ri Offline
Explorer

Loc: Austin Texas USA
I think that you ought to write back saying you would be happy to handle the money for her. Would she be so kind as to send you her bank account number so you can get started?

#343579 - Sun Mar 11 2007 06:52 PM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
tiffanyram Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Tennessee USA
Sue, I got that same e-mail in each of my e-mail accounts. It's a shame you, toadette, and myself will have to share it!

#343580 - Tue Mar 13 2007 04:42 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Ok, well I won't share THIS one with you! Someone loves me and is leaving me all her dosh when she carks it.

Dearly Beloved,

Here writes Madam Rita Osborne, suffering from cancerous ailment. I am married to Sir Williams an Englishman who is dead. My husband was into private practice all his life before his death. Our life together as man and wife lasted for three decades without child. My husband died after a protracted illness. My husband and I made a vow to uplift the down-trodden and the less-privileged individuals as he had passion for persons who can not help themselves due to physical disability or financial predicament.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of Ten Million Pounds (10,000,000.00 Million Great Britain Pounds Sterling)which were derived from his vast estates and investment in capital market with his bank here in UK. Presently, this money is still with the Bank. Recently, my Doctor told me that I have limited days to live due to the cancerous problems I am suffering from.

Contact my lawyer with this specified email address

Barrister Timothy Martins (ESQ)

Email: barristertimothy_martins@yahoo.de

Tell him that I have WILLED 10,000,000 to you by quoting my personal reference number Law/chamber/solicitors/rt/osb/WILL/9834520012 and I have also notified him that I am WILLING that amount to you for a specific and good work.

Remain blessed.

Your Sister,
Madam.Rita Osborne

#343581 - Tue Mar 13 2007 04:45 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Obviously not a lucky time for all those women named Rita who are widows of wealthy titled men.

#343582 - Tue Mar 13 2007 05:05 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
Sir Williams? He must have been one of a pair.

#343583 - Tue Mar 13 2007 05:31 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Quote:

I am married to Sir Williams an Englishman who is dead.

A quaint turn of phrase, regardless of whether singular or plural.

This one really has to be genuine, and for only me...

Quote:

My husband and I made a vow to uplift the down-trodden and the less-privileged individuals as he had passion for persons who can not help themselves due to physical disability or financial predicament.

Given that my maiden name was Osborne AND I am down-trodden and have physical disabilities. It is only for me I tell you!

Edited by sue943 (Tue Mar 13 2007 05:35 AM)

#343584 - Tue Mar 13 2007 12:05 PM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
toadette Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Port Dover Ontario Canada
Sorry Sue, there is more sharing in your future. I got one from her too.

If we answered all these, we'd really be rich (or broke once they cleaned out our bank accounts)

#343585 - Tue Mar 13 2007 02:22 PM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Sheesh.

#343586 - Wed Mar 14 2007 03:06 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Well my daughter won a BMW yesterday! I'm not sure how she is going to collect it but at least she won't have to share it with any of you.

#343587 - Wed Mar 14 2007 04:55 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Well I really did win a return boat ticket the other day, I could either go to St Malo in France or to Guernsey. I have decided on Guernsey as it is a shorter day, the French one involved more than twelve hours and I don't fancy that on my own, not now. Also I would need to think about travel insurance just for the day if I went to France and for me that is not easy.

#343588 - Fri Mar 16 2007 08:28 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
aginor Offline
Mainstay

Loc: North Carolina USA
Hey Sue,

I too have been willed money from someone who has limited days to live. Only I got twice as much as you did!

From: Lady R. Mosley. 4 Old Church Street,Chelsea, SW3, England.

Here writes Lady Rita Mosley, suffering from cancerous ailment. I used to be married to Sir David Mosley an Englishman who is dead.

When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of Twenty Million Pounds (20,000,000.00 Million Great Britain Pounds Sterling)which were derived from his vast estates and investment in capital market with his bank here in UK. Presently, this money is still with the Bank. Recently, my Doctor told me that I have limited days to live due to the cancerous problems I am suffering from.Though what bothers me most is the stroke that I have in addition to the cancer.With this hard reality that has befallen my family and me,I have decided to donate this funds to you and want you to use this gift to uplift the down trodden.

please,all i want from you is to help me use this gift which comes from my late husband effort to establish a charity home called "Mosley Charity Foundation" for widows,and persons who prove to be genuinely handicapped financially.Due to my ill health, i cannot go further than this.Thus,I want you to assure me that you will act just as I have stated herein.Hope to hear from you.You can contact me through my personal email address ritamosleylove@yahoo.co.uk

Lady Rita. Mosley.

#343589 - Sat Mar 17 2007 11:43 AM Re: Wow I`m Rich!
Taesma Offline
Prolific

Loc: Bay Area California USA      
I've been getting a lot of these 'business opportunities' lately.
Isn't this money laundering? I especially like the part where it says sometimes the FBI gets involved, we hope you don't mind.

SOLECK MANUFACTURING
LIMITED.
xxxxxx Irish avenue
Australia.
danielrichard@xxxx.com
danielrichard_jxxxxx.co.uk

Dear Friend

THIS MESSAGE ID FROM SOLECK MANUFACTURING LIMITED

We extract raw materials from Europe, Asia and Africa for production of textile and fabrics
which we supply to our clients in the North America geographical region (United State Of America)
for cloth making.
Now we are looking for company representatives in your country, who can help us receive payments
from our international partners. This wouldn't affect your present state of work though we are working on
setting up our branches over there but for now we need someone who will be handling that aspect, And we
know you are responsible and reliable.
Our main factory is located in Europe, Asia and Africa where we extract raw materials needed
for the manufacturing of fabrics, We are willing to pay the sum of 10% in any payment you receive and
you can still keep your regular job while you work for us. All you will do is to receive payments
from our customers over there in United State Of America.
When those payment are received, you are to deduct 10% and wire the rest to our Branch. But sometimes the FBI gets involved encase someone tries to run with our money. We hope that is okay, If you are interested we will send you more details and some information's which you are to sign and send back to the company as soon as possible then you have to furnish us with those requirements below.

1.FULL NAME AND ADDRESS
2.HOME PHONE AND MOBILE NUMBER FOR EASY CONTACT
3.OCCUPATION
4.AGE
5.BANK NAME AND ADDRESS
6.PICTURE OF YOURSELF OR DRIVERS LICENCE FOR SECURITY REASONS.

PLEASE NOTE:
It wouldn't cost you any amount, you are to receive payments which will be sent to you
from our business partner, and i want you to know that this is a risk free job.
Please if you are interested kindly email o the above stated email address.
WE KNOW YOU ARE CAPABLE TO OCCUPY THIS POSITION

BEST REGARDS
DANIEL RICHARD

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  flopsymopsy, ladymacb29