Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#348078 - Tue Feb 27 2007 05:00 PM Billy Thorpe- RIP
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
One of Australia's most enduring rockers died this morning from a massive heart attack.

Thorpey had many hits over the years, and has been on the pub curcuit since the 1960s. He and his band, The Aztecs, had the reputation of being the loudest band in the country, and he will be sadly missed.

His hits include 'Poison Ivy', 'Over The Rainbow', 'It's Almost Summer', and my personal favourite, 'Most People I Know Think That I'm Crazy'.

Billy was 60.

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#348079 - Tue Feb 27 2007 05:33 PM Re: Billy Thorpe- RIP
Blinkybill Offline
Prolific

Loc: Sydney NSW Australia          
Ahh, another favourite from my teenage years, he will be very much missed.

Have you read his autobiography Ozzz? The second book titled "Most People I Know Think That I'm Crazy" is one of the funniest books I have read, he was certainly wild in his youth.

#348080 - Wed Feb 28 2007 05:26 AM Re: Billy Thorpe- RIP
Eraserhead Offline
Prolific

Loc: Outer Sydney NSW Australia    
Quote:

Have you read his autobiography Ozzz? The second book titled "Most People I Know Think That I'm Crazy" is one of the funniest books I have read, he was certainly wild in his youth.

Morphino!! A great read and proves that what he said was true. He was the boy next door and every girl's mother's worst nightmare.

A true Aussie legend - a success story who, mostly, didn't suffer from that dreaded Aussie disease "The Tall Poppy Syndrome". Which Aussie can truly say they disliked him?

Sadly missed.

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher