Rules
Terms of Use

Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#352090 - Sat Dec 08 2007 10:37 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
kc61093 Offline
Participant

Loc: Arkansas USA
High for today we made it through the awful weather in Wyoming

#352091 - Sun Dec 09 2007 09:47 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Texas USA
A high for the month! Well, I know it's been a short month so far, but I've been waiting sooo long. My countertop is in! Hooray -- we even decided to paint the downstairs -- that was finished yesterday. And Friday the new carpeting goes in. Whew!

Low of the month -- now I have to clean all the window treatments as well as all the mini blinds, get everything sorted out and cleaned. All before Friday.

#352092 - Sun Dec 09 2007 01:01 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
rayven80 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ft. Collins Colorado USA    
I'm sorry for your dad Clarasue.
High point of the week, it finally snowed. I was thinking we'd ahve another brown Christmas. Low point, my horse, Luna, cut her leg last night so she is going out to the boarding facility so the vet can suture her leg. She can't do it here because the barn isn't heated and it's too cold. she'ss 33 so everytime she hurts herself i get worried, but she's come through every time.

#352093 - Mon Dec 10 2007 09:59 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
We had very stormy weather here this weekend and this morning when I was driving into my parking area I spotted a tile off my roof. It has slipped and is resting in the gutter, hopefully it won't fall and break.

The roofer is coming tomorrow to fix it. They are very busy with tiles down all over the island, and trees are down too. Yesterday the police were saying we should only go out if essential as there was the risk of being injured.

#352094 - Wed Dec 26 2007 03:23 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
For only the second time since I started online I have met someone I used to know from the internet, this time from Facebook.

We went to school together from 5, except for a few years when I was somewhere else, and I don't think I could have seen him since the late 70s or so. He lived abroad a long time but didn't track him down when he moved back here until his name popped up on my old school list.
He has hardly changed (besides the usual accoutrements approaching 50) and really didn't seem that different as if I'd never spent any time away, except he's a lot quieter and more sensible, as I expect I must be as well.

I expect to see him around now as he only lives nearby (when he's in the country) as he was just back for a couple of weeks from where he's living abroad again. When I search these networking sites I never know who I'm going to find, and even less who will be ones I will see again.

#352095 - Sat Dec 29 2007 12:37 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
Although I've posted some cheerful images in photo-a-day, we've had a seriously bad low this past week. My wife's brother-in-law (her sister's husband), died suddenly on 23rd December. He was admitted to hospital less than three weeks ago with symptoms of vomiting, blurred vision, etc, and has had numerous blood tests, scans, including three brain scans since. Until this admission, he was a strong healthy man, only 62 years of age. He was not overweight, didn't smoke, drank only moderately, and exercised a lot, including playing squash and badminton, hiking, etc. The cause of death is still unknown, and awaiting postmortem results.
My wife spent Christmas with her sister, who lives about 250 miles from us, and other family members, while I spent it with our daughter and her family.
As it happens we both had quite a good Christmas given the circumstances, and had about 60 friends and family round on 23rd December for an open house party.
You surely never know when your time's up.

#352096 - Sat Dec 29 2007 05:56 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
That's awful, picqero. My condolences to you and your family. Losing family members during the holidays seems twice as hard. Glad to know that your wife was able to be with her sister.

#352097 - Sat Dec 29 2007 06:12 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Sad news. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

#352098 - Sun Dec 30 2007 01:33 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Condolences to you and your family Picqero. Sorry to hear of the loss and hope your wife and sister are doing okay.

#352099 - Sun Dec 30 2007 04:03 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Well, Bah! and Humbug! I've had a rotten day. We found out that the DVD I ordered as a Christmas present for my husband will not play on our DVD player. It is for a PAL DVD player, good only in "Europe, Japan, South Africa and the Middle East including Egypt." And since it was opened, they won't take it back. Really gets my goat. They knew when they shipped it to a U.S. address it would not work. How unethical is that! Bummer! My husband really likes Last Of The Summer Wine, and I got him Series 1 & 2. How disappointing. Now I have a DVD I cannot play, and I'm out $60!

#352100 - Sun Dec 30 2007 06:03 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Maybe you can play it on the computer?

#352101 - Sun Dec 30 2007 12:12 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

I don't know ren, but we'll sure look into it. I had another thought -- maybe we can sell it on ebay!

#352102 - Sun Dec 30 2007 12:12 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
I am really sorry to hear that, Picqero. Christmas is such a important time for families. Thinking of you and your family. Jar, I hope you can sort out your DVD problem.
My personal highlight was spending Christmas with Mum,, my sister, her husband and my nieces, and then going away for two days, a little break before New Year.

#352103 - Sun Dec 30 2007 06:58 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

"Maybe you can play it on the computer?"

Ren you're brilliant! My day has turn 180º around. The DVD plays on his laptop if he chooses Area 2. Yippee!

And many, many thanks for the suggestion.
June

#352104 - Sun Dec 30 2007 09:55 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Hey Jar - do a google search on your model of DVD player and you may be able to find a 'code' that you can put into your DVD to make it multi-region. Worth a shot.

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Picqero, condolences to you and your family.

#352105 - Mon Dec 31 2007 02:01 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Here I am again - posting my thoughts at the end of the year 2006 was a pretty rotten year, with Dad dying and everything else. But 2007 was a definate improvement I can think of no majot lows of 2007. I started a new college course - and enjoying it. Me and Mum have got our health, and are happy - although a few relations have passed away this year. Finally, there is something to really look forward to in 2008, with one of my nieces expecting her first child. Here's to 2008 - and best wishes to each and every one of you!

#352106 - Tue Jan 01 2008 02:00 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
toadette Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Port Dover Ontario Canada
Jane, just think, you'll be a great aunt (and at your age!)

#352107 - Tue Jan 01 2008 04:00 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

I know! Mum's just going to be "Grandma", like she is to my nieces, "Great Grandma" is a little bit of a mouthful!

#352108 - Tue Jan 01 2008 04:41 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
A high for this week, on New Years Eve I went to a New Years Eve ball with my mum. It was great fun, and though I didn't have a partner to dance with, I still got asked up for a few dances I didn't know. (My mum's friend quite literally dragged me around the floor for a quickstep) or rather he led, and I followed as best as I could.

#352109 - Tue Jan 01 2008 06:08 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Quote:

I know! Mum's just going to be "Grandma", like she is to my nieces, "Great Grandma" is a little bit of a mouthful!

Yes, it is! When I was little, I called my Great Grandma "G G Ma" (gee gee ma). So much easier to say!

#352110 - Tue Jan 01 2008 06:23 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Quote:

"Maybe you can play it on the computer?"

Ren you're brilliant! My day has turn 180º around. The DVD plays on his laptop if he chooses Area 2. Yippee!

And many, many thanks for the suggestion.
June

Ahem!! That's a first! ME advising on PC's?! Maybe TW will give me a job now? So glad it worked!

#352111 - Thu Jan 03 2008 02:58 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
I'm guessing it is going to be a good year for you Ren.

#352112 - Thu Jan 03 2008 03:08 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Well, yes, especially with a good fat wage from TW,eh?

#352113 - Thu Jan 03 2008 03:32 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ecnalubma Offline
Prolific

Loc: Brisbane Queensland Australia 
Well Giddy Up!

I won a Tiffany necklace, bracelet and matching earrings in a radio competition! I had to answer a few trivia questions, but thanks to this site, I was amazingly well prepared.

I am officially over the moon!

#352114 - Thu Jan 03 2008 05:12 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

OOOOoer wow!! I hope we are going to see the photos in photo a day? Congratulations!

Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943