Rules
Terms of Use

Page 15 of 15 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15
Topic Options
#352140 - Mon Feb 18 2008 11:08 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Kapuskasing Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Satguru, congratulations on getting that Impossible badge on your anniversary!

You can see some of those "Why is the Sky Blue?" pages at:
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

Just type funtrivia.com into the blank, click on "Take Me Back" and a list of dates will come up. Look for links to FunTrivia Community or Community Forums. Only a small percentage of pages are archived, but you may find some of what you're hankering for.

Have fun in the WaybackMachine!

#352141 - Tue Feb 19 2008 06:02 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng SouthAfrica
Yeah! and Congratulations again satguru.

#352142 - Tue Feb 19 2008 07:16 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury LondonUK
Thanks everyone. Yes, I know about the archive, I spent nearly as long there as I have here! I just felt it would be nice to still have a few old records of us all where everyone here could see them, but understand the limits there must be on data storage.

Without the archive I couldn't have found the earliest posts I made at all as they hadn't been here for a long time and I forgot about them altogether until I found some notes I'd made at the time. Just a bit too much into nostalgia I think!

#352143 - Tue Feb 19 2008 05:17 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Congratulations Guru - I love the badges you get on Funtriva! My highlight concerns one too!
Quote:

Congratulations!! You have been awarded the Old Timer badge. You can view it in your profile. Requirements: Awarded to players playing for at least 5 years and earning at least 20,000 points.

I didn't think I was a Old Timer on Funtrivia

#352144 - Tue Feb 19 2008 05:43 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Onya Sats!

We had an adventure a couple weekends ago. We were at home and could see a storm out a bit from the house but on our property so we went to investigate how much rain had fallen in it. We got to a rain gauge and there had been one and a half inches so we thought we'd pop over to one of the dams to see if water was running into it. Well, we didn't make it 'cause we were bogged badly. There was nothing we could ahve done to get it out sooooo we had to walk home. A long way.

I left Conor and Jack and strided on ahead so they could take it a bit easy - Jack has a buggered knee and Conor is only little . It was warm enough to be uncomfortable, only had thongs on, mozzies were rife and I left the water with the other two (but there were places along the way I could get water) and THEN it got dark. LOL What a night it was. I got home at 10pm and went back to get the other two on a motorbike. They were four kilometres behind me so all in all they had walked 10kms, a great effort for the little bloke, and I had walked about 14 - it took about three and a half hours.

I could hardly move the next day!!

#352145 - Thu Feb 21 2008 06:03 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong HongKong
Huge gasp!! That is amazing, Jill! How brave you are. I know I couldn't have done that. Brilliant Conor too!

#352146 - Thu Feb 21 2008 07:02 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
That sounds pretty scary to me, Jill! Once it got dark I would have been terrified...

Congratulations, Jane! I'm looking forward to joining you old-timers in September!

#352147 - Fri Feb 22 2008 08:24 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
I was awarded the Old Timer Badge too! I can't believe that I've been here that long.

#352148 - Fri Feb 22 2008 11:54 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng SouthAfrica
Congrats ClaraSue

#352149 - Mon Feb 25 2008 04:22 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury LondonUK
Well, I amazed myself today, I managed over half right on the brain twist of mathematical sequences! I don't think in my whole life I've ever even done one besides spotting the most basic (eg add 3 each time) and that was it.

It just shows what's possible when the chips are down. Don't be put off when you see a weird one, print it out and keep looking at it on and off throughout the day. I've done word ones most of my life and only ASA's (I'm sure he'll be proud of the honour) have brought me to my knees every time, and for people who react the same way to word ones as I do to maths ones, they're all fair and few need graduate level ability to solve, just patience and looking for patterns.

#352150 - Mon Feb 25 2008 04:26 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
clayfrd Offline
Explorer

Loc: Chattanooga TennesseeUSA
My high for the other day was that I reserved the game "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" for Wii. It's a little sad that that's my high, but it works for me!

#352151 - Mon Feb 25 2008 06:01 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
rayven80 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ft. Collins ColoradoUSA
The high of this week was me and my dad went to Estes Park to pick up my sister's birthday present. It was in the high 40's, no wind and few people. We did our purpose shopping and when we went to leave, I asked dad if he wanted to go into the park (Rocky Mountain National Park) for a while. He lit up and said yeah. It was free since I had my yearly pass. We saw elk, and deer, and the occasional stray magpie. It was great!
The low of the week is I got my review at work.

#352152 - Fri Feb 29 2008 05:14 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Highlight of the last few days - getting used to a new Laptop computer Highlight to come - Mother's Day on Sunday. Not only that, it's also Mum's Birthday on Sunday - talk about coincidence! So plan to really spoil Mum

#352153 - Mon Mar 03 2008 06:37 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, VirginiaUSA
High was I got to see someone I hadn't seen in six years, but the low is it is currently snowing/sleeting and 35F. I went all of December, January, and February without any...why did it have to wait until March?

Page 15 of 15 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15

Moderator:  ren33, sue943