Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#351815 - Sun Apr 08 2007 11:25 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
bionic4ever Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Chocolate City Wisconsin�USA
It's on top of my television, which is on a high shelf, so the cats can't try to eat it. I smile every time I look at it.

#351816 - Sun Apr 08 2007 03:10 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
tiffanyram Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Tennessee USA
I had a great high this week: My husband has been out of the country because he had an appointment with the Consulate to get his papers. He had another appointment this week and we thought they were going to tell us that it would be another 6-10 months to process the application,but...Great News...they gave him his papers that day!

He is still in Mexico to visit family for a bit longer with our daughter, but at least now he can come back when he wants, and we don't have to worry about how long he is going to have to stay! He's only been down there for 2 months so that's not a bad wait at all...not compared to some.

#351817 - Tue Apr 10 2007 02:40 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
bionic4ever Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Chocolate City Wisconsin�USA
Yesterday's low point had to be getting hollered at (and I mean 2000-decibel yelling) by my boss for not putting out a box of candy. There hadn't been any room for it on the shelf.

The high point was being rescued by a sympathetic co-worker who heard the situation spiraling way out of control and called him over, away from me. Bless her!

#351818 - Thu Apr 12 2007 08:15 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
I don't know if it will have worked, but when I called the local radio the other night he asked me the first site I log in to and of course I told him, and described everything here, and then rang back the next night to see if anyone had looked. I didn't get any calls but most people only listen and only a minority of exhibitionists like me do all the calling in, so I'd be interested to see if my two calls added any new members.
When I've mentioned my own sites I've often had a couple of hundred hits in the next hour so it seems to work.

#351819 - Fri Apr 13 2007 07:45 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
My high: I finally have my computer back. I've been borrowing my husbands laptop for a little bit each day just to check emails and see what's been happening here. Now that mine is fixed, I can spend more time doing what I want and getting back into playing the Global Challenge. I've been without it for almost two months and it's been killing me!

Edited as topic title 'went funny'

Edited by sue943 (Sat Apr 14 2007 02:19 AM)

#351820 - Sat Apr 14 2007 02:25 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
How odd, the topic title changed on your post ClaraSue, not sure if it was your computer or something wrong on the site. The & turned to code.

Edited by sue943 (Sat Apr 14 2007 02:27 AM)

#351821 - Sun Apr 15 2007 04:34 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

That IS odd, Sue. I sure hope it wasn't my computer that caused it, but if something like that happens again after I post, and I miss it, please let me know.

#351822 - Sun Apr 15 2007 10:47 PM Re: Good Night &amp; Good Morning/Hi &amp; Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Another high: I got the Lucky Ducky badge this evening when I logged on. You can bet that put a smile on my face.

Edited by ClaraSue (Sun Apr 15 2007 10:48 PM)

#351823 - Mon Apr 16 2007 12:04 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
Looks like it did it again, CS. Great job earning the "Lucky Ducky" badge!

#351824 - Mon Apr 16 2007 02:05 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
Congrats CS how lucky!

#351825 - Mon Apr 16 2007 11:33 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Thanks dave and lady. It WAS neat to see that.

#351826 - Thu Apr 19 2007 12:22 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
My high of highs: I had a simply terrific time in Australia. Everyone says it is a beautiful country, but I still was not expecting it to be so breathtaking!As an added bonus I met several FT members and they were just lovely people. Oh and I came back to a badge for rating quizzes.
My low is still causing me a bit of grief as I was dashed against a boat rail in rough seas at the Great Barrier Reef and broke a rib or two, I think . It is still painful, but I am being stoic and terribly British.

#351827 - Thu Apr 19 2007 01:40 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Welcome back Ren - good to see you posting again!

#351828 - Thu Apr 19 2007 02:19 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
Goodness Ren it seems like only yesterday you left for Australia. Welcome back and hope those ribs heal soon. Glad you had a good time. Got any pics to post of picture a day?

#351829 - Wed Apr 25 2007 04:39 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Still sore, Ren?

Had a bit of a 'moment' earlier today. It is ANZAC day which is our war rememberabce day sortof. My grandfather was a POW in Singapore during WWII and had a pretty tough time of it. He died when I was three and if I ever met him I don't remember it. I've never seen a photo of him and the rest of the family barely ever mention him ... apparently he wasn't a nice bloke before he left and was a tad worse when he came back.

I found the website of his battalion earlier and just bumming through it found his photo. Shock. lol It was very interesting reading his war history and I spent ages just looking at his photo (and one of his brother's as well who died while in camps). It was eerie even.

But I do now know where I got my chin!

#351830 - Wed Apr 25 2007 06:27 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Lol. Ribs still sore. I took a picture of the War Memorial at Melbourne, and the eternal flame. They were very lovely. We also went to Anzac Hill.

#351831 - Thu May 03 2007 02:25 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

I haven't posted in "High/Low" for a good while. But had no particular highs or lows lately, life going along nice and steady! But! Today I became a Gold member - so yes, that's my new High

#351832 - Thu May 03 2007 03:38 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
denni19 Offline

Loc: Bucharest Romania
Congratulations, Jane !

It is a big High for sure, you'll see.

#351833 - Thu May 31 2007 03:26 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

What a strange high/low coming up... tomorrow in fact. Would you blieve that tomorrow is exactly a year since Dad died? I certainly find it hard to belive. So that is obviously the low point of the next few days. But in that low, there really is a high, I promise. The high is that me and Mum (and the rest of our family) are coping. Mum misses Dad so much - I do too obviously. But having a picture of Dad in the bedroom helps. It's been a hard year, but somehow we're getting through it

#351834 - Thu May 31 2007 04:59 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Oh Jane. I can hardly believe that it is a year already.

I have a low today, but it will get lower very soon. A friend I have known for nearly 29 years will be dying very soon, could be hours or days. So sad, she was only 60 last week.

#351835 - Wed Jun 06 2007 11:58 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
A little collection for me, I reported the biggest high in the TV section after thinking my third filming would end up being shown on mobile phones finally got a date for TV on demand which should have quite a few viewers.

The other is I have finally got the tax inspector's visit at the little office I help out in out of the way after being delayed, it's a pretty boring ordeal, about his third one and glad to put it behind me. Especially when it shows up all my mistakes...

#351836 - Fri Jun 08 2007 03:31 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Oh, heck. I tried like crazy to resist the temptation (but I'm weak ) to post my 'high point' of the last couple of days. But I just can't help it...

I received my temorary AARP (American Association of Retired People) card. Oh, joyous rapture indeed ! I'm really not kidding... I never really thought I'd have one of those in my wallet. It came as a mighty thrill to get it. I hope that they don't start sending that tedious magazine of theirs, though. That "official" I don't care to get, thanks.

My low point wasn't too terribly low, but it came as a bit of an odd 'surprise'. My lawn guy came on Wednesday night and got a peek at my left calf (I really should stick with wearing grown-up long pants, I reckon). His eyes bugged out just slightly. "What happened to it?", he sputtered. I just had to smile but, too, had to give a good *sigh*. I suppose visual aids are STILL required to some folks, even the locals. The worst of it was that now I keep looking at that leg, too. It does kinda resemble a twig after an especially fierce winter . I saved the day, though, by pointing out to Mr. Landscape that the other leg was not nearly as pathetic looking. He felt better as a result. I'm not sure I did, but we won't split hairs ....

Edited by Gatsby722 (Fri Jun 08 2007 03:36 AM)

#351837 - Fri Jun 08 2007 04:07 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Haven't read this thread for the last week so I'm sorry i missed it.

Jane, I hope you and your family are coping well. i hope you reflect on the happy times. xx

#351838 - Fri Jun 08 2007 08:12 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
I am sorry to hear about your friend, Sue. One feels so helpless when an old friend is on the way out.
Getting over a parent's death takes a long time, Jane.You never really 'get over it' - just make your way past it, I guess.

And, my dear Gats -guess who also got their AARP card in the mail on Tuesday. Now I am officially off the hook for being a little slow on the uptake and looking a bit blurry around the edges - but I can have lunch at twenty percent off in most places. A choice between youthful sex appeal or mashed potatoes?
- Somebody pass me the gravy.

#351839 - Fri Jun 08 2007 08:46 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
A HUGE high for me today.

I have known for several weeks but not permitted to broadcast it from the rooftops but now I have been given permission!

I am going to be a grandmother!

My daughter had cervical cancer diagnosed early last year and had treatment then was told to have a family then to have a hysterectomy. It took her a year to get pregnant, they were about to undergo testing when she finally got pregnant.

Today she had a second scan and apparently Brian is kicking well! A photo of 'him' (sex really unknown) is in the post to me.

Edited to add that Brian is due on 16th December.

Edited by sue943 (Fri Jun 08 2007 08:48 AM)

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943