Rules
Terms of Use

Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#360876 - Mon Oct 29 2007 12:33 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
Manek Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: St. Louis Missouri USA
I wasn't aware that this game even existed until a couple of weeks ago. I red, up near the top of the page, I was given a treasure password. I decided to research it a little.

Have I missed a bumch of clues already? Is it normal to get a password before getting any clues?

Now I'm curious, but I'm afraid I may be too late.

#360877 - Mon Oct 29 2007 12:53 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
Manek Offline
Learning the ropes...

Ok, without giving anything away to anyone that hasn't gotten there yet, I just recieved this message -

"1 of 3: Shiver me timbers!

You did it! You completed the Pirate Treasure Hunt."

There is more, but I won't write it for fear of giving something away. Does this mean I'm won, or I'm close to winning? Should I keep at it?

#360878 - Mon Oct 29 2007 03:48 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Virginia USA
We are all at different stages, and get our clues in random order at random times. What you've described is necessary to the pursuit of the Treasure, but it's not the "Big One". Keep your eyes peeled, there are lots of clues. But don't share info, it could backfire...Good luck in your search!

#360879 - Tue Oct 30 2007 11:00 AM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
DovBear Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: The Galilee Israel         
I have thirty-four clues so far and I know one in particular that I need- #13. I've been collecting these clues for three or four months from the time the game was introduced. But I don't understand how some manage to get all the clues while others don't. Assuming that I've played for 120 days I've only amassed 34 clues and that's a lot of repetition READ frustration.

#360880 - Fri Nov 02 2007 12:15 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
Daddy19 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Great Bridge West Midlands UK
In line with a clue I received, I recently posted on a chat board, information I thought was correct. Can anyone tell me if I should be expecting a response as to whether I am right or not or is that part of the treasure hunt?

Sorry if that's cryptic, but I'm trying not to give away more than necessary to keep things interesting for everyone else.

#360881 - Fri Nov 02 2007 01:33 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
Manek Offline
Learning the ropes...

I think the keepers of the treasure enjoy the fact that we all are trying to ask questions but refrain from posting any legitimate information.

I got a new clue at home on Saturday (I usually play at work). The clue was stupid - it basically said that Treasure Password, Trivia password, ect. all meant different things, and different people got different passwords. Yeah, thanks guys. Since I only have a password and no other clues, that really didn't help me at all.

#360882 - Fri Nov 02 2007 01:38 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
WorldB Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Long Island New York USA      
Keep track of every clue you receive. The more often you are on the site, the more clues you will receive although there can be repeats. The clues come in random order so organization counts. When you have the right information gathered, you will know it.

And this is supposed to be a personal puzzle, not for sharing with others.

#360883 - Mon Nov 05 2007 12:37 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
redwood Offline
Explorer

Loc: California USA
I've been a member at FT for nearly 2 years... I've only this past several months realized about going for badges... I used to only play the Global Challenge, and only it only recently dawned on me what all this "Treasure Hunt" stuff was about! Talk about CLUELESS! LOL!

Additionally, this is my first post in forums EVER since I had a problem regarding my login info, and only just sorted out contacting the site and having my password reset, so that I could do more than only read posts. Now, I'm searching here in the forums for ANY info that might help me to understand more about the Treasure hunt, have been reading pages and pages and pages... and I have to compliment everyone on their efforts to be helpful, without giving away any real information.

So far, I'm up to 16 clues, although 2 of those are actually only inferred from info from the forums, about a couple of clues that really give no useful information...

I've found some strange references about the Hunt, that are not actually numbered clues, so I've been saving all of that information as well... And given several people's experience of losing all their carefully saved clues due to some computer crash... you've scared me enough to print out what I've saved so far!

But what astounds me is how obsessive this can become... I spend a great deal of time just looking around the site for SOMETHING that might help... Such as this "cow" thing... I KNOW I've seen that darn cow somewhere, before I realized that I would need it, but danged if I can find it now! Found a reference to the "Oracle" saying that it is "in such and such an area" but not the "Oracle" itself.

I just have to give kudoes to the Creator(s) of the diabolical Treasure Hunt and incredible creativity of this site!

#360884 - Mon Nov 05 2007 05:30 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
madsue Offline
Participant

Loc: Spain
Me too, I'm sure I saw that cow (wth a bell round her neck?), now of course I can't find her! Brilliant game, though incredibly frustrating... and I do know that we can't share clues, or even ask questions, and if we did it would spoil it for me anyway

#360885 - Mon Nov 05 2007 05:59 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
redwood Offline
Explorer

LOL! That's true, it would spoil it if it were in any way made easier... and I know I probably will feel let down whenever I actually do solve it... It is the hunt that is the most fun, not the actual winning of... But, boy-oh-boy... I'd KILL for a clue or two right now...

#360886 - Mon Nov 05 2007 06:18 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
veronikkamarrz Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Carson City
Nevada USA 
"The thrill of persuit"

#360887 - Tue Nov 06 2007 08:35 AM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
redwood Offline
Explorer

Oh, gosh... I haven't even seen a clue for a couple of days now... I must be entering one of those "clueless 3 week" periods so many people have talked about!

#360888 - Wed Nov 07 2007 08:59 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
IAMMAGIK7 Offline
Participant

Loc: Indiana USA
I wish I was still able to hunt for the treasure. I found it, with the same frustration that everyone has. They do not lie when they say to have patience! I still see the occasional clue, and I long to play again. Good luck to all still searching.

#360889 - Mon Nov 26 2007 09:46 AM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
madsue Offline
Participant

Well I did think I had patience, but, I haven't seen a clue since I last posted. Not even one I have had before

For me, waiting so long between clues doesn't heighten the anticipation I'm afraid.

#360890 - Mon Nov 26 2007 11:00 AM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
madsue Offline
Participant

Well, after that last post, I went back to FunTrivia home, and clicked, but.......too quick, just saw a Clue 7 showing at the top of my screen, but too late had clicked off it!!!!! Cannot find that page again now Also, I had asked for this to remember me next time......it didn't! Oh well.

#360891 - Mon Nov 26 2007 02:10 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
toadette Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: ON
If that happens, you can click your back browser button, go back one page and find it again. And then I write it down!

(Can you tell it's happened to me, before)

#360892 - Mon Nov 26 2007 04:25 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
dfc4385 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Barnegat New Jersey USA       
Does one need to be a gold star member to locate this treasure?

#360893 - Mon Nov 26 2007 05:11 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA
Quote:

Does one need to be a gold star member to locate this treasure?

No. Everyone is as capable as anyone else.

#360894 - Mon Nov 26 2007 09:11 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
capnscupsggd Offline
Participant

Loc: Connecticut USA
All I'm (still!!!) missing are clues #19 and #20a. I've been playing since day 1 and I've been very patient, but right now I just feel stupid. I think I have more of a chance getting a Lucky Ducky than finding the treasure.

#360895 - Wed Nov 28 2007 04:42 AM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
madsue Offline
Participant

I did try to click back, but somehow, I still lost it!!!!

What was really annoying, is that it was a clue I hadn't had before!!

Edited by madsue (Wed Nov 28 2007 04:45 AM)

#360896 - Wed Nov 28 2007 07:09 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
austinnene Offline
Participant

Loc: Saint Paul Minnesota USA
Oh, boy, reading all these posts makes me think I'm headed to torture trying to get through this treasure hunt! Are there really 3-week periods with no clues???? I didn't know to write down the first one I found so I only have an approximate idea of what it said, and it hasn't been repeated, so am I doomed here?

#360897 - Wed Nov 28 2007 07:24 PM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
ozzz2002 Offline

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
Austinnene, I have found that the best way is to copy the message, paste it into your own mailbox, and send it to yourself. Even something like Notepad would save you from having Post-It Notes all over the place.

I have most of the clues, but am still not making any progress- it is VERY frustrating!

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#360898 - Thu Nov 29 2007 07:20 AM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
austinnene Offline
Participant

Yeah, I just started cutting and pasting the clues, too. That is a good idea. I have one clue that I only paraphrased and wrote about half of and now it's driving me crazy that I don't know what its significance is. But from what you're telling me, since I only have a total of about 6 clues, I should just relax awhile because I'm not even hardly in the door on this thing. Fun!

#360899 - Thu Nov 29 2007 07:22 AM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
austinnene Offline
Participant

Oh, and I keep getting the same six or seven clues over and over. Do I need to go to a new part of the site to find new clues? I've looked around a lot, but maybe noe enough....

#360900 - Thu Nov 29 2007 09:11 AM Re: The Search for the Treasure!
redwood Offline
Explorer

austinnene, that is how it goes sometimes. Sometimes you won't see clues at all, sometimes you keep seeing repeats, and then out of the blue, you'll find a brand new one that obviously means SOMETHING! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, and there isn't really a way to "force" more clues to appear, or not that I've found. Your best bet would be to play lots of games... GC, the hourly's, the daily's; visit the message boards, and that also means your regional ones and team boards... I've even found a clue or two when looking at my own profile, or my own statistics pages, I believe. The more you travel around the site, the more opportunities you will have to receive clues, but that still doesn't mean you'll receive them any more quickly. There CAN be long dry spells...

Just keep playing the games, and try to keep your eyes peeled for them, you will eventually get there... I'm up to 26 clues, and still have many to go, as well. Good Luck.

Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943