Terms of Use

Page 10 of 19 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#369473 - Sat Jul 14 2007 01:11 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
The box is about 40 cms by 25 cms, so about 16" by 10". Crafty ladies are ladies who love to do paper crafts, and other crafts. Those are rubber stamps on wooden blocks.

#369474 - Sat Jul 14 2007 01:41 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
argus9 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada   
Great shots everyone. Here is another bronze by Leo Mol called aptly
Girl Dancing.

Larger shot:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/mrreb/largergirl.jpg

Homer Simpson

#369475 - Sat Jul 14 2007 03:09 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
Kapuskasing Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
In response to Roos' "After all,what more could I want for breakfast?"

(I may have a few billion dust mites, but no Mar- or Vegemites.)

#369476 - Sat Jul 14 2007 03:10 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Sue, I'm jealous. I only have about four stamps so far!

Belleville is celebrating summer this weekend with sidewalk sales, bands in the park and downtown, and my favourite - a classic car competition, with them all parked along the (closed off) main street. This one's my favourite - a 1952 Allard racer.

#369477 - Sat Jul 14 2007 03:52 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Very arty shot, Kapuskasing!

Liz, head over to the craft threads in useful tips and tricks

#369478 - Sat Jul 14 2007 04:38 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
TabbyTom Offline

Loc: Hastings Sussex England UK    
I only found out recently that this monument has been returned to the City of London.It's Temple Bar, which used to mark the boundary of the ancient City, where Fleet Street becomes the Strand. It was pulled down in the mid-eighteenth century because it obstructed the traffic, and after mouldering for about 250 years in the countryside it's been re-erected as part of the Paternoster Square development by St Paul's Cathedral.

The only things missing are the heads on spikes that used to adorn it in the good old days. I can think of a few people who might be put to death and stuck up there for the delectation of Londoners and tourists. Maybe "reality TV" should have a show on the lines of "Who do you want to see grimacing at you from Temple Bar when you go to work in the City?"

#369479 - Sat Jul 14 2007 08:27 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
No, I am not secretly considering becoming a Buddhist nun at all. I would look even more weird bald! But it is lovely and peaceful there!
This is Bill
I used to collect buffaloes and they were all called by variations of Bill, like Will, Guillaume etc (Buffalo Bill, geddit?)
He is made of Jadeite and I like him.

#369480 - Sat Jul 14 2007 09:49 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia
Quote:

When are we going to get some sunshine?!

I'd say when Texas does again...sometime next year maybe...?

#369481 - Sun Jul 15 2007 09:40 AM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
TabbyTom Offline

Loc: Hastings Sussex England UK    
The arms of Hastings, depicted on a pub sign.

If you think there's something odd about the sight of lions with ships where their tail ends ought to be, then take a look at the arms of Great Yarmouth - they have lions with the tails of herrings.

#369482 - Sun Jul 15 2007 09:46 AM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
argus9 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada   
Here's a small fellow on a big lily pad.

Homer Simpson

#369483 - Sun Jul 15 2007 09:48 AM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
denni19 Offline

Loc: Bucharest Romania
Great, great photos everyone!
Haven't been here in a long time and I missed it.

Today I give you the guard at Denni_ngham palace .

#369484 - Sun Jul 15 2007 10:02 AM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
DakotaNorth Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA
This is my first time posting a picture in this forum. The picture I'm sharing is of the United Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

This is a picture of Todd Beamer's angel (Todd's is the one with the plastic hanging on it) in the field. On July 7, 2007, I visited Shanksville to place my cat Chick out there. Chick died on September 14, 2007.

**Please let me know if you all can see this picture**

Edited by DakotaNorth (Sun Jul 15 2007 10:03 AM)

#369485 - Sun Jul 15 2007 10:22 AM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
The photo showing OK DakotaNorth.

Here is another photo from the Friday bike ride. It is the view from the top of the plateau shown in yesterday's photo. The London skyscrapers and the Wembley Arch can be seen on the horizon on a clear day.

Link to larger photo.

#369486 - Sun Jul 15 2007 12:46 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
Quote:

I only found out recently that this monument has been returned to the City of London.It's Temple Bar, which used to mark the boundary of the ancient City, where Fleet Street becomes the Strand. It was pulled down in the mid-eighteenth century because it obstructed the traffic, and after mouldering for about 250 years in the countryside it's been re-erected as part of the Paternoster Square development by St Paul's Cathedral.

I must take a look at this monument next time I'm in London. It was located in the woods near where we live for many years, and was becoming overgrown and damaged by surrounding trees. It's rightly back where it belongs as piece of London's history!
Miserable July day today, but here's a picture of a happy family not worried by the rain - coots in the Lea Valley regional park.

#369487 - Sun Jul 15 2007 07:53 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia

Maynooth and I took a road trip this weekend so no doubt you'll be seeing the photographic results of that over the next few weeks.

This is the first installment - the light posts at the intersection of Roe Highway and Kwinana Freeway in Perth. I have tried googling extensively to find out why they are like this because they are not representative of our typical light posts and to the best of my knowledge, there are only about a dozen of them in this one location.

Some people seem to think they represent the waugal (snake in Aboriginal mythology) but I could find no evidence for this. One site said they were supposed to be "art". Well, I haven't a clue but they are highly unusual and eye catching.

#369488 - Sun Jul 15 2007 08:16 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia
Liz, I've found the more you get into scrapbooking, the more stuff you accumulate, the less portable you become. I used to love going to scrapbooking nights but find now that they are a hassle because I can never decide what to take and what to leave behind. And inevitably, I'll get a bright idea when I'm out and won't have the things I need to do it. My friend comes over to my house on a regular basis to do scrapbooking and this works well because I have a large dining room table (and she doesn't) and I don't have to move all my stuff.

And Sue, I have that crossed wine glasses stamp too.

Quote:

Has anyone else found that taking these photos makes you appreciate your surrounds a bit more and take more notice of things? That windmill has always been there but i can't think of the last time i actually *saw* it.

Yes, Copago, I have noticed this. I now take photos of things I normally would never have snapped because I think "Oh, Satguru will like that" (yes, that photo will be posted shortly!) or "Mum will be interested in that". Maynooth teased me unmercifully this past weekend on our road trip because of all the photos I was taking, allegedly for other people. I actually was mistaken for an American tourist in Bridgetown.

And I find myself looking at ordinary things around me a little bit more observantly.

I really enjoy these little glimpses into other people's lives. I like to know how other people live. Nothing is too ordinary.

#369489 - Sun Jul 15 2007 08:53 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
minkpenny Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Buenos Aires
Argentina    ...
Those are some unusual light posts, MG!

Last Monday it snowed in Buenos Aires after after 89 years. It was a really magical day. We never thought it would snow so it was a big surprise. People went out on the streets cheering and celebrating the snow.

This is my dad's car covered in snow, and it was still snowing when the picture was taken. It may not be a lot of snow to some, but it certainly was a lot to us

#369490 - Sun Jul 15 2007 10:03 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
After 89 years it really must have been magical!

MG, I'd love to get my sister over here for a scrapbooking night, but unless we go to an organised crop, it never seems to fit in.

Here's another car photo from yesterday, this time an Edsel that was proceeding slowly along the street. Its license plate reads "58 EDDY".

#369491 - Sun Jul 15 2007 11:21 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia

Some ducks wandering around in the Grayhawk subdivision of Frisco. Quack! Quack!

#369492 - Sun Jul 15 2007 11:44 PM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
Kapuskasing Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
From an outing Saturday night to the aging but still busy Hilltop Miniature Golf in Glenside. Every hole is supposed to represent a different country, though we found at least two holes have lost their identities.
I wonder how many children over Hilltop's 45+ years have had their initial pangs of wanderlust sparked here.

#369493 - Mon Jul 16 2007 02:28 AM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
sue943 Online   content
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
I assume that one is England.

Quote:

Last Monday it snowed in Buenos Aires after after 89 years.

They call it global warming, we have had a really wet and cold 'summer' so far.

#369494 - Mon Jul 16 2007 06:08 AM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
JuniorTheJaws Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South Philadelphia PA USA    
Hopefully, this photo shows up okay.

The flowers that are out front our house in South Philadelphia, my sister did all the work, and I have the glory of posting them...hehe.

-----
Agnes (JTJ)

Edited by JuniorTheJaws (Mon Jul 16 2007 06:08 AM)

#369495 - Mon Jul 16 2007 06:37 AM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
Every year where I live in New Westminster they have a Huge huge car show on Columbia street with every kind of car you can imagine and a few that you just shake your head at and go why and what is it?
Well I usually go and every year they have one of my favorite cars there.I just adore these and as I am on the height challenged list this would suit me perfectly if I ever drove.

#369496 - Mon Jul 16 2007 06:38 AM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
ren33 Offline

Not a wonderful shot , as old Guielmo is getting a bit shoddy, lost a bit off the end of his horns, He is Philippino, and was once very handsome.

#369497 - Mon Jul 16 2007 06:46 AM Re: Photo-a-day - July 2007
ren33 Offline

OOooh I love minis! What a sweetie!

Page 10 of 19 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  flopsymopsy