Rules
Terms of Use

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#376527 - Sun Oct 07 2007 03:18 AM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong HongKong
Lol!! Oh yes definately,Jar.

#376528 - Sun Oct 07 2007 04:58 AM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
malik24 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Somerset UK
The only thing that really annoys me right now is little chavvy kid groups hanging around and then making dumb comments at you when you walk past. Like they are qualified to be rude

That or people who yell at you (usually something incomprehensible) out of their rusted second hand old bangers as they drive past with weird music that sounds like the singers are on helium.

The only other thing, earlier in the week I was going to a door and someone let it slam right in my face

#376529 - Mon Oct 22 2007 11:37 PM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
lesley153 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Bedford England�UK���...
Quote:

...children making prank calls to emergency lines...

Isn't that why caller display was invented? Surely a quiet call to an adult later in the day would cut down the number of "prank" calls? I have heard of UK emergency operators who have phoned back in the evening, with gratifying results.

Quote:

...although they are probably a better than the little toads who are out there actually lighting fires...

I wonder. The pyromaniacs may not pose a danger - depending on where and how big the fire is, and the weather. Wasting your time might be worse than lighting a contained fire.

Just a cheerful thought.
I appreciate people who are civil, whether they mean it or not. I think: Be civil. Do not cherish your opinion over my feelings. There's a vanity to candor that isn't really worth it. Be kind. ~ Richard Greenberg

#376530 - Fri Dec 14 2007 10:27 AM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
I heard something on the radio yesterday that reminded me of this thread! It drives me crazy when people are redundant in their speech. Here was the advertisement for a new gym/workout center -

Monthly dues are only $15 a a month for a limited time only!

Am I the only one that gets nuts over this? If the dues are monthly, it's pretty much understood that you pay by the month!

#376531 - Fri Dec 14 2007 12:40 PM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
rayven80 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ft. Collins ColoradoUSA
At this moment what drives me crazy is people who lie to my face. I asked my co-worker to refill the oil and icings we use when she's done with them because it is annoying to come back from a day off and find empty things. She looked me sqare in the eye and said "Well, I always fill things when I'm done". I know perfectly well she doeesn't or I wouldn't have said anything. Another is people who drive through parking lots like it's the Indy 500. It's December, and snowy, people, slow down. I was almost hit twice the other day, in the same parking lot.

#376532 - Fri Dec 14 2007 04:36 PM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
lxd Offline
Participant

Loc: Georgia USA
I dislike liars and redundancy. I also have a problem with people who won't let me finish a sentence.

#376533 - Fri Dec 14 2007 05:08 PM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
Taesma Offline
Prolific

Loc: Bay Area CaliforniaUSA
Quote:

Another is people who drive through parking lots like it's the Indy 500.

I am so with you on this one! I just want to tell them "It's a parking lot, not a speeding lot!" I just know that's how I'm going to die.

One of my big pet peeves that I've run into multiple times today--people who write could of and should of instead of could have and should have. Ack! It's so common and yet so...wrong.

#376534 - Fri Dec 14 2007 05:39 PM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
A big pet peeve I have right now is people not returning telephone calls that I have made to them. If I call someone, there is a reason for it, and if I leave a message for you to call me back, I think the polite thing to do would be to call me back. Right now, I've been waiting for a call back from my step-son (from three days ago) and one from my niece (today).

#376535 - Mon Dec 17 2007 09:35 AM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Ok, I have another one to add. Last night I was at the store buying chicken livers. They are ususally sold by the dozen. This place sold them by the ounce. I asked the counter girl how many were in 8 ounces. Her reply was "oh, about a half a pound". duh, ya think?

#376536 - Mon Dec 17 2007 08:55 PM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
lxd Offline
Participant

Loc: Georgia USA
One of my big pet peeves that I've run into multiple times today--people who write could of and should of instead of could have and should have. Ack! It's so common and yet so...wrong.

I'm so there with you! How about people who say they are "suppose to" do something instead of correctly saying " supposed to"???

And what happened to people who can't end and adverb with the proper "ly?" As in, "Please drive slowly (not slow!) through the parking lot." I have many pet peeves about the way our culture is detroying our language, slowly but steadily.

#376537 - Mon Dec 17 2007 09:22 PM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
ecnalubma Offline
Prolific

Loc: Brisbane QueenslandAustralia
I'm having trouble at the moment coping with idiots.

Don't ask me a stupid question if you don't like me responding with a stupid look and a sarcastic remark.

Like this morning. I am in the bathroom, searching through the drawers. Cubby enters, asking what I am looking for. I tell cubby that I am looking for a tube of face cream, and I describe the tube to him. I get a non-verbal response, so I know that he has heard me. I go back to the bedroom, pick up another (very different) bottle of face cream (not even remotely shaped like a tube), and go back into the bathroom.

"Have you found it then?" Asks Cubby.

"No, not yet" is my response.

"That's not it then?" asks Cubby

"It is. I just said no for the hell of it" (Cubby is well aware that I am by no stretch of the imagination a morning person).

My point - why ask the second question at all? We've already established that I've not found what I was looking for - why ask me if I'm sure?

Note to anybody out there at this particularly stressful time of year -Please ensure that your brain is engaged before putting your mouth in gear.

#376538 - Thu Dec 20 2007 03:40 AM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
ecnalubma Offline
Prolific

I wish to add to my previous post.

It is Cubby who is driving me crazy.

Full stop.

#376539 - Thu Dec 20 2007 10:27 AM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
spidersghost43 Offline
Participant

Loc: Staten Island NewYorkUSA
I agree with the poster about slow moving drivers and walkers. If you want to chat get off the sidewalk, duck into a cafe and have a coffee and chat all you want. Another big peeve of mine is people who young children or infants to the movies. Here in N.Y. we can pay between 10 and 15 dollars to see a film and then its ruined by babies crying or little children left to run amok. If you want go out hire a sitter otherwise stay home.

#376540 - Thu Dec 20 2007 11:55 AM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia
Quote:

Another is people who drive through parking lots like it's the Indy 500.

There was a pickup about a week or so ago that sped through the parking lot where I work at no less than 50mph, or so it seemed. What was this person's hurry? I wish I'd written down the license plate of the person.

If you want to drive fast, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway will work, but for me, the Texas Motor Speedway is much closer.

#376541 - Thu Dec 20 2007 01:27 PM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
nakarinna Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Chicago Illinois USA
I get annoyed when people walk in groups of two or more down a sidewalk and then expect me to move out of their way when we pass at areas not wide enough for three people to pass simultaneously. You're only entitled to half the sidewalk! OK, I feel better.

I have also been nearly mowed down countless times by bicyclists who can't decide if they're traveling on the road or on the sidewalks.

#376542 - Fri Dec 21 2007 01:47 PM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
rayven80 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ft. Collins ColoradoUSA
"I get annoyed when people walk in groups of two or more down a sidewalk and then expect me to move out of their way when we pass at areas not wide enough for three people to pass simultaneously"

I was at the store yesterday and had that one. A woman was walking straight towards me, no cart, no nothing, and I've got a full cart and a deadline. Guess who moved.

#376543 - Fri Dec 21 2007 05:08 PM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Ok, so maybe I'm being a total witch, but when I'm at a store and I have two or three teenagers (and I say teenagers because that's what happened recently) heading my way and they expect me to move out of their way, I don't. I have been known to just plow right through and pretend I didn't even see them coming.

#376544 - Tue Jan 01 2008 06:43 PM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
ecnalubma Offline
Prolific

he he he

I have to be honest, ClaraSue, I've done that too!

I'm not sure what the spotty teenagers think gives them the right to walk about like they own the place, but so many of them are so rude.

That's probably a little unfair - people of all ages are so rude these days. It seems to me that people are so much worse than they used to be. Even little old ladies, previously the paradigm of good manners, sweet voices and best behaviour have a little devil sitting on their shoulders.

#376545 - Tue Sep 08 2009 09:26 AM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
lesley153 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Bedford England�UK���...
Four of us have been talking about going to see a concert near where I live. Because we live in scattered parts of Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire, and I'm the closest, I'm getting the tickets.

I emailed two of the others about going, but rang the fourth and left a message. No point emailing him because he hasn't switched his computer on for six months. No reply. Had 9pm been past his bedtime? No reply the following day either. Hmmm.

I bumped into him on the third day, and asked him if he'd heard my message.
"Oh yes," he said, "but I was waiting till I saw you to give you an answer. I always think it's so much nicer to talk face to face, don't you?"

Well, no, actually, I just think it's nicer to get an answer, especially if I'm planning to get tickets which could easily sell out. Not that I said any of this. I just sat and stared at him in disbelief, that it could be so important for anyone to save tuppence on a phone call. And, after all that, he didn't even want to go!

Actually, I can't remember saying anything to him. I don't think anyone wants to know what I was thinking.
I appreciate people who are civil, whether they mean it or not. I think: Be civil. Do not cherish your opinion over my feelings. There's a vanity to candor that isn't really worth it. Be kind. ~ Richard Greenberg

#376546 - Tue Sep 08 2009 01:43 PM Re: Actually it is driving me crazy!
asgardshill Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Texas USA
If you're reading this, you know I'm talking about you. Yes you, the friend who knocks on my door unannounced without calling ahead. I know you know what a telephone is because you're using yours to text all your other friends while you sit on my couch and provide monosyllabic responses and grunts during our "conversation". You ganked my last beer too, you leech.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  ren33, sue943