Rules
Terms of Use

Topic Options
#376907 - Sun Jul 29 2007 02:43 AM Your Favorite Chair Theme
damnsuicidalroos Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
It`s soooo hard to drag myself up from a particular chair that I thought it might be an interesting theme.

Feel free to post a photo of your favorite chair/bench/lounge or even rock! Wherever you feel most comfortable sitting.

#376908 - Mon Jul 30 2007 06:08 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
TabbyTom Offline

Loc: Hastings Sussex England UK    
Not many chairs in this place, but I suppose this is my favourite (though I'm more likely to be sprawling on the sofa).

#376909 - Mon Jul 30 2007 07:04 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Not sure you have enough books there either TT!

#376910 - Mon Jul 30 2007 10:22 PM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
I don't often get to sit in this chair, as it is Winston's favourite, but I do love the wooden side panels! Like Tom, I'm usually on the sofa...

#376911 - Tue Jul 31 2007 05:03 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia

You've already seen my corner of the study where I sit when I am on FunTrivia. This is the chair I sit in, and the bookcase is behind me. This is only about a quarter of the bookcase - it goes from floor to ceiling and wall to window.

#376912 - Tue Jul 31 2007 08:46 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
Mugaboo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Scotland UK
Can't say I've a real favourite chair, but certainly wsa as a kid this was. It was one of two made for my father and uncle, the RFC initials are that of my father. There is also a matching table, but that's not in the picture, it's up the loft somewhere. I suppose it was made about 95 years or so ago, when they were boys. The seat is one foot high, I still sit on them occasionally, but it's not as comfy as the deck chair I normally sit in when I'm in our sunroom.

#376913 - Wed Aug 01 2007 10:46 PM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
I usually just scan newspapers, magazines, etc, then read them more fully several days later. This is the chair where I usually sit to do my reading.

#376914 - Thu Aug 02 2007 08:03 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
The chairs in my house are pretty boring, my computer chair isn't unlike that of mothergoose, my armchair is just an armchair.

Now if I can extend it to being my favourite seat then this must be pretty high on my list of favourites. It is a bench near my favourite beach, one I can no longer visit as it is down lots of steep steps and I simply couldn't either get down, and if I could, I couldn't get back up.

I can sit on this bench and admire the view. As you can see from the inscription, this bench was placed here in the memory of a Robert A Audin who also appears to have enjoyed the view - I seem to have managed to get not only the plaque but the reflection of me and the view!

Edited by sue943 (Thu Aug 02 2007 08:04 AM)

#376915 - Thu Aug 02 2007 12:32 PM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
Au_Naturel Offline
Prolific

Loc: West Virginia
And what a fine view that is, Sue!

My favorite chair is a rocking chair, but since I don't have one I kind of like this old thing. It's been so long ago that I don't remember where I got it or even if I paid anything for it (if I did, I'm sure it wasn't much!). The back rest is flexible, so I can lean back and forth and pretend I'm rocking anyway! LOL!

Occasionally, a wheel will fall off, but other than that it is a good, solid, old office chair that I use everyday.

The original seat pad recently wore out so badly that my husband cut a chunk of foam from our old truck seat to replace it. My daughter then covered the foam with a beautiful piece of purple, velvet-like material. Admittedly, it isn't much to look at but it's been very utilitarian--and around here, that's what counts!

Edit: Photo resized.

Edited by tellywellies (Thu Aug 02 2007 12:56 PM)

#376916 - Fri Aug 03 2007 12:27 PM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
At first I thought my computer chair would win hands down. But when the evening Sun is shining, I'll often leave it to sit in this garden seat. That means it is also a favourite, perhaps even more than the comfy computer chair ...but it's a close-run thing.

Edited by tellywellies (Fri Aug 03 2007 12:28 PM)

#376917 - Sat Aug 04 2007 02:17 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
ren33 Offline

Now the following is NOT MY favourite chair, in fact it could be anyone's, that's the point. (I do not have one, all chairs in my house are boring).
It is extremely hot at the moment and in the evenings most of the village people are outside cooling down, as not many of them have a/c's. It seems to be the custom, that , when you are getting rid of a chair, you put it in the village square and people sit on it, either for the evening chat and cool-down, or to wait for the half-hourly mini-bus to town. I think it is rather a good thing. You also find, on the main road, all the bus stops have chairs and stools, donated by the public, as bus shelters don't have seats. A nice thought.PS. The red bucket is there to catch the drips from the fire hydrant, which has dripped for 10 years to MY knowledge. The old ladies in the village are often seen doing a full wash in the water from that bucket!

#376918 - Sat Aug 04 2007 08:32 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
Au_Naturel Offline
Prolific

Loc: West Virginia
Who provided the canopy, Ren33? That is a good idea; may as well get every last ounce of use out of the things, I say.

#376919 - Sun Aug 05 2007 05:06 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
damnsuicidalroos Offline
Multiloquent

NSW Australia
Less than 24 hours to go for anyone wanting to post a pic in this theme!

#376920 - Sun Aug 05 2007 04:25 PM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
ren33 Offline

Not a clue about the canopy, but it is one you use as a car port, so it was probably an old one of those, when someone with a car moved away. You might notice there is even a chair for a child!

#376921 - Sun Aug 05 2007 06:11 PM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Doesn't the upholstery get wet in the rain?

#376922 - Mon Aug 06 2007 01:36 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
damnsuicidalroos Offline
Multiloquent

NSW Australia
My favorite chair changed recently to a beanbag,it was my computer chair but playing Nintendo got very comfortable after I purchased the beanbag on eBay. We have two but sadly I can only sit on one at a time!

#376923 - Mon Aug 06 2007 01:41 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
damnsuicidalroos Offline
Multiloquent

NSW Australia
The latest slideshow of comfortable places to sit can be found here.

No drinking if you plan to have a look!

#376924 - Mon Aug 06 2007 02:43 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
ren33 Offline

Ooooh, that's so clever!!
Sue, there is a cover over the whole collection of chairs. It is plastic.

#376925 - Mon Aug 06 2007 02:50 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
Hmmm...most people on here seemed to have considered posting their computer chair. I would have done that except that I can't find the digital camera.

#376926 - Mon Aug 06 2007 08:20 AM Re: Your Favorite Chair Theme
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
I was just saying "Is that all it does?" when I moved my mouse over the slideshow area. Whoa! Nice one 'roos

Moderator:  flopsymopsy