Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#377303 - Sat Aug 04 2007 01:18 PM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
minkpenny Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Buenos Aires
Argentina...
Great pictures once again

Liz, that's a great picture of the glider landing! And all the flower pictures are beautiful! And so is your daughter's drawing, Au_Naturel Like ClaraSue said, I'm never bored of looking at such amazing drawings.

And Tabby Tom, that cat is beautiful! The way his fur is, it makes it look like he's wearing a bow tie

#377304 - Sat Aug 04 2007 01:45 PM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
argus9 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Winnipeg ManitobaCanada
Great pictures all..While at Pine Point Falls there was a small shed the park maintained for storage of dry firewood. It suffered at the hands of the terrible wind storm as well, it appears a tree had fallen on the roof. Note the red tape around the front to alert people to stay away.

Here is a link to a larger shot.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/mrreb/largeshed.jpg

Homer Simpson

#377305 - Sat Aug 04 2007 04:26 PM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
Au_Naturel Offline
Prolific

Loc: West Virginia
Quote:

Wow! That's awesome. What a talent she has. Does she do any other type of drawings such as buildings or people because her animal drawings are phenomenal? Bored? I'm never bored with talented artwork of any kind.

ClaraSue, "Wow!" is exactly all I was able to say when she first showed me this drawing! Yes, she does draw other subject matter--I don't recall any buildings off hand, but she has drawn people, flowers and landscapes on occasion. I think she is just now getting serious about her talent so it's hard to say what the future will have in store.

Everyone, my daughter says to tell you all "thank you" for all the kind comments on her art work, they've been most appreciated!

Gatsby, great photo of the hat! Nice composition, I thought...and the cap isn't too shabby looking either! Thank you also for the compliment, it was a wonderful one!

Denni, (notice I'm copying your method of multi-conversing...methinks it 'tis a good one) Diondra would be tickled to sell her art work, so that unicorn is yours if you'd like it. PM me and we'll work something out. Enjoying the Gnawra/Tumpi "soap opera"--the part where he offers her his toys almost moved me to tears!

#377306 - Sat Aug 04 2007 04:56 PM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
Sorry about that fluke comment - I didn't realise it would be read in any other way but as a compliment ... I certainly meant it as a compliment!

Now just to show that Au-N isn't the only one with a talented drawer in the house. Titled: Shed and tree and night. I'm running out of things to photograph!

#377307 - Sat Aug 04 2007 05:23 PM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong HongKong
Well if we are bragging, (and that is a great pic, Jill!), here is a clown that my daughter did aged 8. She won the Kelloggs in her age group and was exhibited in the Tate!. She did go on to Chelsea Art College for her foundation year and gained a 2/1 at Manchester. She has sold quite well in the past. Not painting now.

larger version
There is a story. I complimented her on the addition of the tear. She said that the paint had run down from that eye, so she had to change it into a tear!

#377308 - Sat Aug 04 2007 07:24 PM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia

Obviously quite a number of us have talented children! My daughter's favourite subject at school is art and she is quite good at it (must have got that talent from her father). She goes to a large private school and each year they have a big art competition and show. The school has a professional artist come in to judge the artwork. Beth won the "Best 3-dimensional Artwork" prize with this sculpture called "Coral". Unfortunately, the fine detail in the sculpture doesn't show up in the photograph.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, I am sure, but the judge must have liked it because after the show he offered to buy it. It was nice for her to get some recognition because her art teacher never seems to like Beth's work. They have differing tastes in art and although her teacher is a really lovely lady and a very caring teacher, unfortunately, she is one of those who tries to project her tastes and ideals onto the students' works.

#377309 - Sat Aug 04 2007 09:24 PM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Alas, I have no artwork to show today, though perhaps may take some pics of my brother-in-law's latest efforts soon.

Had dinner today at my sister's and took this shot of Maggie, on her own front lawn, surveying her domain and keeping a watchful eye open for rabbits!

#377310 - Sun Aug 05 2007 01:04 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
bhs63 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: South Carolina USA
No current pics so here's a wallhanging I made -- Lullaby in Kuna Yala Land.

#377311 - Sun Aug 05 2007 03:13 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
ren33 Offline

Oh wow! That's so good!

#377312 - Sun Aug 05 2007 03:53 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
I went to the World superbikes qualifying day at Brands Hatch yesterday. A bit difficult to capture the action with my camera when the bikes are zooming past at around 160 mph. Here's the best shot I managed. It's showing a stretch of the track named the 'Brabham Straight'. This is where the Pits and start/finish line are:

Link to a larger photo.

#377313 - Sun Aug 05 2007 03:55 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
ren33 Offline

Thanks for that TW! Dear Old Brands hasn't changed a lot , I see. I used to love it.

#377314 - Sun Aug 05 2007 05:46 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia
That would be named after Jack Brabham? I know he was world famous but for some reason it surprises me he'd have a part of a track named after him in England.

#377315 - Sun Aug 05 2007 06:02 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
shavsy Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Oldbury WestMidlandsUK
This is a photo of my 'local', the Brades Tavern. Needless to say I don't drink much The sign is asking if there is anyone who would like to run it! I have a feeling it may be empty for some time. It is boarded up as it would have been vandalised around here otherwise! (We have another empty pub up the road which has had all of the windows and the bar smashed.. interior ruined. Everything short of setting it on fire, and THEN after that they decide to put a fence around it. Spiderman effect or what!)

#377316 - Sun Aug 05 2007 07:11 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
romeomikegolf Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Rothwell Northants EnglandUK
I have this triffid growing in my garden and I don't know what it is. Can anyone identify it?

Edited by romeomikegolf (Sun Aug 05 2007 07:11 AM)

Would the last person to leave the planet please turn off the lights.

#377317 - Sun Aug 05 2007 07:46 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
ren33 Offline

Your triffid is , of course, a palm. I don't have to tell you , I am sure, there are gazillions of them. Here is a very useful site, I hope you find it there: Fairchild's Palms
(try under "Most Popular Photos")

#377318 - Sun Aug 05 2007 08:16 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
Au_Naturel Offline
Prolific

Quote:

Sorry about that fluke comment - I didn't realise it would be read in any other way but as a compliment ... I certainly meant it as a compliment!

Now just to show that Au-N isn't the only one with a talented drawer in the house. Titled: Shed and tree and night. I'm running out of things to photograph!

Copago, no need to apologize at all! I knew it was a compliment, it just struck me as a cute way to say it which is why I got a chuckle out of it. My apologies for the confusion. And please tell your little boy that I think he chose a splendid color of blue for his sky and that I am sure that I couldn't build a shed any nicer than his.

Spanishliz, I see Maggie has fine taste in selecting resting spots...what a beautiful flowering bush!

Today I will introduce you all to our bees. These are our Italians and what they are doing here is fanning. They will sit at the entrance to the hive and fan their wings to regulate the hive temperature. They also fan to evaporate stored nectar to make honey.

Any other beekeepers amongst us?

Edited by Au_Naturel (Tue Aug 28 2007 04:16 PM)

#377319 - Sun Aug 05 2007 08:28 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
Quote:

That would be named after Jack Brabham? I know he was world famous but for some reason it surprises me he'd have a part of a track named after him in England.

He certainly raced there many times and his name crops up time after time when reading about the history of the track and events ..so yes. Other stretches of track are named after famous people.

Edited by tellywellies (Sun Aug 05 2007 08:33 AM)

#377320 - Sun Aug 05 2007 09:05 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Copago, you have a budding artist on your hands! MG, my ex had the same problem with his art teacher in High School. The problem was my ex was much more talented and the teacher resented that, I think.

Since we've been showing off artwork, I just had to show this cutting board that my father made for me. I'm afraid to use it because it's so pretty.

#377321 - Sun Aug 05 2007 09:22 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
argus9 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Winnipeg ManitobaCanada
As I don't have any artistic talent, I'll show you a photo of Mrs. Argus's talent with ceramics. This is her Santa collection as well as the Christmas Tree.

She also did the needlepoint of the Loons on the wall.

Here is a link to a larger photo

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t84/mrreb/largesantas.jpg

Homer Simpson

#377322 - Sun Aug 05 2007 09:25 AM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Sara, after looking at your daughter's clown more, which is a great drawing by the way, I think that it would be a nice avatar.

#377323 - Sun Aug 05 2007 12:18 PM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
Au_Naturel Offline
Prolific

Argus9, I don't know the first thing about needlepoint (although I sure like the loon picture), but I do know about painting ceramics as I used to do plenty of it years ago and I must say that your wife has done a fabulous job on her santas, very nice dry brushing work.

Is it just me or can no one else see ClaraSue's cutting board?

Edit: never mind, it's there now. Looks like some mighty fine craftsmanship, ClaraSue. I can see why you wouldn't want to use it.

Edited by Au_Naturel (Sun Aug 05 2007 12:20 PM)

#377324 - Sun Aug 05 2007 12:21 PM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
I can see ClaraSue's cutting board, no problem.

#377325 - Sun Aug 05 2007 12:24 PM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
Au_Naturel Offline
Prolific

Well, I don't know what happened. I couldn't see it for the longest time, even rebooted my computer and refreshed the page. Still nothing. Then right after I posted, I could see it. Computers... *sigh*

#377326 - Sun Aug 05 2007 02:24 PM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
ChannelIslands
It is the same as aramis's one, oops that should be piquero, Cordyline australis.

http://www.habitas.org.uk/gardenflora/cordyline1.htm

Edited by sue943 (Sun Aug 05 2007 02:25 PM)

#377327 - Sun Aug 05 2007 02:39 PM Re: Photo-a-day - August 2007
TabbyTom Offline

Loc: Hastings Sussex England�UK...
All this artwork is simply amazing.

I used to think this pub name was unique to this Hastings pub; but it seems that there are quite a few Shahs around the place. Most of them, like this one, date from the late 1880s, when the Shah of Persia made a state visit to Britain.

Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 22 >

Moderator:  flopsymopsy