Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#382360 - Thu Sep 13 2007 12:43 PM Re: Singing in the shower?
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Texas USA
Agreed ClaraSue. I've never sung in the shower. Just doesn't appeal to me.

#382361 - Fri Sep 14 2007 03:19 PM Re: Singing in the shower?
King01 Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: West Virginia USA
I don't see how one wouldn't sing...ever. It boggles my mind how you couldn't like singing!

#382362 - Fri Sep 14 2007 09:13 PM Re: Singing in the shower?
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
If you had been told many a time that you had a horrible voice, you might not. Also if you were shy.

#382363 - Fri Sep 14 2007 11:52 PM Re: Singing in the shower?
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Quote:

I don't see how one wouldn't sing...ever. It boggles my mind how you couldn't like singing!

Sometimes one just doesn't care to sing. That doesn't mean that it might not be enjoyed to listen to music. My husband would love to sing, but cannot carry a note in a briefcase! He has a lovely voice, but knows it isn't something that others might enjoy.

Edited by Jar (Fri Sep 14 2007 11:54 PM)

#382364 - Sat Sep 15 2007 10:46 AM Re: Singing in the shower?
King01 Offline
Enthusiast

Alright...I understand that but I feel that even if I couldn't carry a tune that I would still sing, I have a friend who is the most tone-deaf human being I've ever encountered and yet he still sings all the time. I mean, your husband doesn't even sing to himself at your house when nobody's listening?

#382365 - Sat Sep 15 2007 11:09 PM Re: Singing in the shower?
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

How would she know, no-one is listening

If I couldn't carry a tune, I might sing when no-one is around, but only then. Having said that, at the moment I don't sing when anyone is around, except in choir and singing lessons.

#382366 - Sun Sep 16 2007 11:05 AM Re: Singing in the shower?
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

No, he whistles! When I am in another room, I cannot even come close to figuring out what song it is.
I think the original question regarded singing in the shower.

Edited by Jar (Sun Sep 16 2007 11:06 AM)

#382367 - Sun Sep 16 2007 08:59 PM Re: Singing in the shower?
jericha Offline
Participant

I used to sing in the shower all the time. My favorite thing to sing was "The Star Spangled Banner". My brother's room was right next to the bathroom and he said that every morning I would wake him up and he would stand and salute the flag. I know he was just joking but it was funny. Now that I'm married I stopped. Now I just belt it out in the car.

#382368 - Wed Sep 19 2007 03:16 AM Re: Singing in the shower?
HeavensArrow Offline
Participant

Loc: Alabama USA
I like to sing in the shower or in the car or where ever I am.

Long as I am alone, who am I hurting? giggles

** Make a joyful noise unto the Lord**

I like to sing because it gives me joy .

Everyone has the choice whether to sing or not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be unstoppable if I just could get started!

#382369 - Wed Sep 19 2007 03:45 AM Re: Singing in the shower?
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

I like to sing along to music as I'm sitting at the computer. My poor family.

#382370 - Wed Sep 19 2007 10:39 AM Re: Singing in the shower?
King01 Offline
Enthusiast

I actually work on my vocal harmonies in the car so I'm sure I look very strange to oncoming traffic because I can really get into it.

#382371 - Thu Oct 11 2007 01:43 PM Re: Singing in the shower?
airsupplyfan Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Location: Orem Utah USA
I don't sing in the shower.

#382372 - Sun May 17 2009 09:17 PM Re: Singing in the shower?
Skyflyerjen Offline
Participant

Loc: Michigan USA
I sing in the shower all of the time! And while I do sing in the car, I really belt it out when I'm alone. I put in a good CD and blast it so loud that anyone who listens won't be able hear me. Seriously, sometimes I run out of breath because I don't realize how loud I'm singing. It's pretty much freaking awesome.

#382373 - Mon May 18 2009 08:49 AM Re: Singing in the shower?
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Quote:

Seriously, sometimes I run out of breath because I don't realize how loud I'm singing. It's pretty much freaking awesome.

ROFLOL! This tickled me so much because I do the same thing!

#382374 - Sun Oct 18 2009 02:10 PM Anyone who doesn't sing in the shower has no soul!
juan2play Offline
Learning the ropes...

Loc: Portland Oregon USA       
I am a bit one sided. But I have observed that people who sing in the shower sing because their sould NEEDS to sing, people who don't sing in the shower only sing when there is an audience. The difference is big time!

#382375 - Sun Oct 18 2009 03:46 PM Re: Anyone who doesn't sing in the shower has no soul!
asgardshill Offline
Forum Adept

The walls of my shower know the caterwauling strains of The Last Farewell and New York New York very well. And, it is very convenient for me to already be in the shower when the tomatoes and other rotting vegetables start to fly.

#382376 - Sun Oct 18 2009 04:28 PM Re: Anyone who doesn't sing in the shower has no soul!
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
I also have two songs for the shower. I start off with Exodus, which starts very sad and haunting, slowly building up speed and volume until the huge joyous crescendo at the end. Bob would be proud of me. Then I drift into Summertime for which, over time, I've worked out a three-part harmony which I sing all at once.

For the car, I prefer to sing harmony rather than the main line, preferably to a song I've never heard before. I sing at full volume, until I come to a red light then I bring it down a smidgen, green light and I'm back to full volume again.

Singing in small enclosed areas always sounds awesome!

#382377 - Sun Oct 18 2009 06:00 PM Re: Anyone who doesn't sing in the shower has no soul!
Richie15 Offline
Explorer

Loc: Cardiff Wales UK            

I find national anthems unusually suitable for use in the shower, although since I don't know the words to many, I can only hum them loudly, in the manner of a brass band. Australia, Russia and Ireland are particularly satisfying, although like anyone with any sense, I draw the line at the 'Deutschlandlied'. You wouldn't want to frighten the neighbours.

#382378 - Sun Oct 18 2009 06:30 PM Re: Anyone who doesn't sing in the shower has no soul!
ozzz2002 Online   FT-cool

Loc: Sydney
NSW Australia
I like songs from musicals. A rather disparate pairing is 'Wand'r'n' Star' from 'Paint Your Wagon', followed by 'Lonely Goatherd' from 'Sound of Music'. Whistling the theme song from 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly', just adds the icing to the cake.

The combination of badly sung basso, even worse yodelling and shrill whistling draws all sorts of harsh criticism, even from the canine neighbours. (Philistines, all!)

Ex-Editor, Hobbies and Sports, and Forum Moderator

#382379 - Sun Oct 18 2009 09:20 PM Re: Anyone who doesn't sing in the shower has no soul!
MadMartha Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Georgia USA
This says it perfectly!

"Sing, sing a song
Sing out loud
Sing out strong
Sing of good things, not bad
Sing of happy, not sad....."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  SilverMoonsong, Sypher