Rules
Terms of Use

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#384395 - Sun Sep 30 2007 03:29 PM Re: September Trivia Rounds
Howie72 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Timaru NZ
Round 21 will close in a few hours and hopfully I will be able to catch up on any remaining open rounds as well.

#384396 - Mon Oct 01 2007 09:52 AM Re: September Trivia Rounds
zorba_scank Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Round 27 is now closed. Results will be up later.

#384397 - Tue Oct 02 2007 02:01 AM Re: September Trivia Rounds
zorba_scank Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Round 27 Results:

Thank you to the 12 players who sent in answers for this round!

1. September is harvest time in most parts of India. Please name any harvest festival celebrated anywhere in the world.

For 10 points: Maras Taun (Indonesia), Harvest Home (England), Gawai Dayak (Malaysia), Oktoberfest (Hermann, Missouri), Pongal (India), Itse Selu (Cherokee Harvest Festival), Newala (Swaziland), Tokaj-Hegyalja Harvest Festival (Hungary), Chuseok (Korea), Mid-Autumn Festival (Chinese Moon Festival)

For 5 points: Kaamatan (Malaysia) (2)

Not mentioned: Onam (India), Timoleague (Ireland), Ikore (Nigeria), Baisakhi (India), Sukkot and more

2. "Harvest" is a medical thriller written by Tess Gerritsen. Name any of her books from the 'Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles' series.

For 10 points: None!

For 5 points: The Surgeon (3), Body Double (2), The Apprentice (2), The Mephisto Club (5)

Not mentioned: The Sinner, Vanish

3. A wind farm is a collection of wind turbines in the same location that generate wind-powered electricity. Name a wind farm located in either Australia or Portugal from here.

For 10 points: Pampilhosa Wind Farm, Portland Wind Project, Emu Downs Wind Farm, Alinta Wind Farm

For 5 points: Pinhal Interior Wind Farm (2), Wattle Point Wind Farm (3), Hallett Wind Farm (3)

Not mentioned: Alto Minho Wind Farm, Arada-Montemuro Wind Farm, Caramulo Wind Farm, Gardunha Wind Farm, Waubra Wind Farm, Lake Bonney Wind Farm stage 1

4. "Peasant" in NYC is a modern restaurant using century old traditions of cooking with fire. The cuisine is rustic Italian from all regions with concentration on the freshness and purity of the food. Please visit this site and name any item from the menu.

For 10 points: Mozzarella di Bufala e Peperoni, Polpi In Purgatorio, Razza Con Capperi, Orecchiette Con Cime Di Rape, Gnocchi Con Funghi Di Stagione

For 5 points: Sarde Al Forno (3), Insalata Puntarella Con Accuiga (2), Spaghetti Alle Vongole (2)

Not mentioned: Many more!

5. And lastly, give me any word of five letters or more which can be formed from the letters of HARVEST.

For 10 points: Ashet, Stare, Traves, Thrave, Thraves

For 5 points: Heart (2), Starve (2), Shaver (3)

Not mentioned: Avert, Averts, Hearts, Shave, Heats, Hears, Tears and more

Scores:
45 points: Bethfay
40 points: Jar
35 points: Brandz, Gatsby, Cae, Szabs, Missbecky2007, Nakarinna, Srini
30 points: Denni, Lizard_Wizard, Mugaboo

Congrats to Bethfay for snatching another point inspite of stiff competition from the others.

#384398 - Tue Oct 02 2007 04:18 PM Re: September Trivia Rounds
Howie72 Offline
Forum Champion

I think a few hours must have passed so round 21 is closed.

#384399 - Tue Oct 02 2007 05:09 PM Re: September Trivia Rounds
Howie72 Offline
Forum Champion

Round 21 saw 11 exciting players sending answers in:

1) The 2007 Qantas Television Awards are being held on October 12th, 2007. Please give me one of the 10 award categories under the "News/Current Affairs" section.
10 Points: Best News or Current Affairs Presenter, Best News Reporting
5 Points: Best Current Affairs Reporting for a Weekly Programme or One-Off Current Affairs Special (2), Investigation of the Year (2), Best News Camera (2), Best Current Affairs Camera (3)
Not Mentioned: Best News, Best Current Affairs Series, Best Current Affairs Reporting for a Daily Programme, Best News/Current Affairs Editing

2) The 42nd annual New Zealand music Awards (the Tuis) are to be held on October 18th, 2007. Please give me a finalist in one of the following categories - "Best Group", "Best Male Solo Artist", or "Best Female Solo Artist".
10 Points: Greg Johnson, Evermore
5 Points: Tim Finn (2), Brooke Fraser (3), Hayley Westenra (2), Hollie Smith (2)
Not Mentioned: Paul McLaney, Opshop, The Mint Chicks

3) The Halberg Awards are New Zealand's premier sports awards. Please give me a winner from any decade in the 1900's in the "New Zealand Decade Sport Champions" category.
10 Points: 1930s Jack Lovelock-Athletics, 1950s Yvette Williams-Athletics, 1960s Peter Snell-Athletics, 1980s Richard Hadlee-Cricket
5 Points: 1920sGeorge Nepia-Rugby (2), 1940s Bert Sutcliffe-Cricket (3), 1990s Danyon Loader-Swimming (2)
Not Mentioned: 1900s 1905 All Blacks-Rugby, 1910s Anthony Wildings-Tennis, 1970s John Walker-Athletics

4) The 2007 Montana New Zealand Book Award winners were announced on July 31st, 2007. Please give me one of the 8 categories involved.
10 Points: Fiction, Poetry, Biography, Illustrative
5 Points: History (3), Reference & Anthology (4)
Not Mentioned: Lifestyle & Contemporary Culture, Environment

5) The 11th New Zealand Ice Cream Awards were announced on May 31st, 2007. Please give me one of the silver or gold award winners from Category 7(a) - Export Ice Cream.
10 Points: Emerald Foods Ltd Chateau Green Tea, Fonterra Brands (Tip Top) Ltd Blueberry Cheesecake, Kiwi Ice Cream Co. Ltd Cookies and Cream, New Zealand Natural Toffee Caramel Cup, Kiwi Ice Cream Co. Ltd Vanilla
5 Points: Fonterra Brands (Tip Top) Ltd Berry Mudslide (2), Deep South Ltd Xcream Raspberry Ice Cream (2), Emerald Foods Ltd Vanilla for Japanese Customer Private Label (2)
Not Mentioned: Deep South Ltd XCream Smarty Pants, New Zealand Natural Strawberry Halal, Kapiti Fine Foods Gingernut, Kapiti Fine Foods Lemon Grass and Ginger

Today I have no observations as I am late with these results.

Now for the results:

40 points - Szabs
35 points - Jar, Bethfay, Denni, Mugaboo, Brandz_mygirl
30 points - Cae16682, Nakarinna, Zorba, Srini
25 points - Gatsby

Thank you to everyone that played and well done to Szabs who supplied the last lot of answers and managed to sneak away with a September point.

#384400 - Wed Oct 03 2007 10:04 AM Re: September Trivia Rounds
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Round 29 is closed - results in a bit!

#384401 - Thu Oct 04 2007 01:35 PM Re: September Trivia Rounds
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Round 29 Results

1. Name any one of the eight planets in our Solar System.

For 10 points - Uranus, Earth

5 points - Venus(3), Jupiter(3), Mars (3), Mercury (2)

Not mentioned were Saturn and Neptune. I miss Pluto, too...

2. Name any one of the seven colors in a rainbow.

For 10 points - yellow

5 points- green(5), indigo(3), red(2), blue (2)

Not mentioned were orange and violet.

3. Name any one of the eight US states that begin with the letter M.

For 10 points- Minnesota, Mississippi,Maryland

5 points - Missouri(3), Michigan (3), Montana(2), Maine (2)

Massachusetts wasn't mentioned.

4. Name any one of the seven continents.

For 10 points- No one...

5 points - South America(4),Asia (3), Africa(2),North America(2), Europe (2)

You could have had 10 for this question if you would have said either Antarctica or Australia!

5. Name any one of the twelve months of the year.

For 10 points- April, February, January, May

5 points - June (3), July (2), September(2), March (2)

August, October, November, and December weren't mentioned.

An interesting round! Here are the final scores!

With a whopping 35 points, szabs is our sole winner this round!
30 points- missbecky2007, nakarinna,Howie, LizardWizard, denni, bethfay, brandz, and zorba
25 points- Gatsby, Mugaboo, cae,and Jar

Thanks to the 13 players who participated! Congratulations and the final point of the month to szabs!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ozzz2002