Rules
Terms of Use

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#398525 - Fri Nov 30 2007 10:51 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Animals other than pets'.
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Great photos everybody!

This lively little fellow was one of the many squirrels who seemed to be following me as I wandered around a huge cemetery in Toronto in late September. Guess they thought I might have some food.

#398526 - Fri Nov 30 2007 12:22 PM Re: This week's theme is 'Animals other than pets'.
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Virginia USA
You know Liz, I remember never having seen a black squirrel until I came up your way. We only have the run-of-the-mill grey ones here; I like to take home peanuts from Texas Roadhouse and leave them out for the squirrels, though they are hysterical to see hanging off the birdfeeder like trapeze artists.

#398527 - Sat Dec 01 2007 08:51 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Animals other than pets'.
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
We only get red squirrels here and I saw one of those earlier today.

#398528 - Sat Dec 01 2007 09:06 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Animals other than pets'.
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
We get grey ones here too, though not too many, and I have seen the occasional red squirrel. All the years I lived in Spain I didn't see a single one, and I missed the wee critters.

#398529 - Sat Dec 01 2007 01:17 PM Re: This week's theme is 'Animals other than pets'.
lothruin Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Nebraska USA
I love black squirrels. We have red squirrels here, you don't see the grey squirrels until you get further West of here. But we do have a bunch of black squirrels here. They're genetic sports, but certain neighborhoods have little families of them. They're so cute. We used to have one in our backyard that would come right up to you and beg for food. I think because they're so unusual, compared to our regular red squirrels, people probably pamper them so they aren't as afraid of humans.

#398530 - Sat Dec 01 2007 05:40 PM Re: This week's theme is 'Animals other than pets'.
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Virginia USA
Back home my best girlfriend's father used to be a mail carrier; one day he was covering someone else's route and when he opened the green mail box to get the neighborhood's mail out for delivery he found a bag of peanuts. Of course he was puzzled by this until he felt a little tug on the leg of his pants. He looked down to see a little grey squirrel waiting for his peanuts - that was over twenty years ago and we still laugh about "'Ballsy' the Squirrel"!!

#398531 - Sun Dec 02 2007 06:21 AM Re: This week's theme is 'Animals other than pets'.
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
This theme has had its (wild)life and now's the time to head into the light of the new theme. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  flopsymopsy