Rules
Terms of Use

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#411542 - Tue Mar 18 2008 11:28 AM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
djsgal Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Springfield Virginia USA     
Your cardinal is so pretty, Liz - we don't have those here and I miss them!

Southern California has had lots of good rain this year so far; here is evidence of that in the green hills near Pasadena.

Closer Image

#411543 - Tue Mar 18 2008 11:49 AM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
argus9 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada   
Gee djsqal those hills are sure green. Would they have suffered fire from last year? If so they look like they will be back like new. Nice Cardinal Liz I don't think we get them here. At least I've never seen one.

No much to photograph here yet as the snow just doesn't want to leave. Although once the temperature starts to rise it goes quick. Here is a shot of our backyard as it looks now.

Back yard last summer

Homer Simpson

#411544 - Tue Mar 18 2008 12:51 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Virginia USA
Liz, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cardinal shot. I have been trying for a very long time to capture the antics of the cards who frequent my Mother-in-law's yard and I can never get close enough to get a decent snap. So I will have to enjoy yours instead!

#411545 - Tue Mar 18 2008 06:47 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Quote:

Quote:

I am also having a hard time orienting that photo, Sat.

I'm thinking it might be a "through-view" of the lower support beams of the bridge - then again I might need my eyes looked at!

You got it- by the time I returned you'd worked it out. I've driven under this bridge thousands of times but it's the first time I walked and this was taken from the road under it sideways as the pillars follow the line of the bridge as it reaches the land at the top of the slope. It was a really weird view considering the bridge looks huge but very ordinary when driving towards it.

Tibby looks very much like the cat opposite me as well.

I didn't put a photo in the favourites thread as I had so many it would have taken ages to find anything mainly on CDs. But if I'd taken this one I discovered today I'd have put it in. I went up a dead end road near me and found it led to a walk along the river Brent and next to it a canal which I show here which has never been on any road map and didn't know existed. It's off the River Brent in Neasden.

Edited by satguru (Tue Mar 18 2008 08:11 PM)

#411546 - Wed Mar 19 2008 02:32 AM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
I've been in Wales for the past 5 days so haven't posted. This is Owain Glyndwr, the last Welsh born Prince of Wales, photographed in Conway.

#411547 - Wed Mar 19 2008 09:33 AM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
This is a lousy photo, but not the subject matter.

Someone on another website used a laser to etch a photo of my daughter and grandson onto a mirror plaque. I too this photo but it doesn't photo well. It was very kind of them, in life it is lovely.

#411548 - Wed Mar 19 2008 09:39 AM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Virginia USA
Very sweet photo Sue!

#411549 - Wed Mar 19 2008 09:50 AM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ohio USA         
Now it makes sense, Sat, thank you! That's a neat idea, Sue, I don't think I have seen one of those before.

#411550 - Wed Mar 19 2008 12:12 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

That is nice Sue, I just got a label with my next door neighbour's new arrival as well tied to a plate of Indian sweets. They can make every sort of memento now.

Here is quite a good view from Muswell Hill (it's a big hill so plenty of views).

#411551 - Wed Mar 19 2008 12:32 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
djsgal Offline
Mainstay

Argus, that particular part of the Los Angeles area escaped the fall wildfires, which is why it is quite green, I'm guessing. Hopefully we will continue to get some more rain to keep the fires at bay this year.

Satguru, that canal that you photographed is quite lovely - I would like to see another picture of it this summer with all the greenery around it.

#411552 - Thu Mar 20 2008 09:08 AM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

This is Conway castle, built by king Edward I as part of his campaign to subdue the Welsh during the late 13th century. We were there on Monday, and it's quite impressive.

#411553 - Thu Mar 20 2008 07:21 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

djsgal, I'll try and remember to go and take the canal in a few months, it's only round the corner.
Here's a pub I discovered in Muswell Hill yesterday right in the middle of a residential area. I'll go in the next time now I know it's there.

#411554 - Fri Mar 21 2008 11:38 AM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Where is everyone- I don't think I've followed myself before!
Here's the latest addition to our local skyline in North Finchley.

#411555 - Fri Mar 21 2008 12:39 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Never mind Sat, we can enjoy these delightful image postings
This is the last of my images from our trip to Wales; my wife outside the smallest house in Britain, which is in Conway. I believe it's mentioned in the Guinness book of Records, and the fisherman who originally lived there was over 6 foot tall

#411556 - Fri Mar 21 2008 01:06 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
djsgal Offline
Mainstay

Yes, I've also noticed the smaller number of posters as of late! I just don't have any interesting pictures the last few days, so I'm just admiring everyone else's.

Picqero, that house is a hoot! I can't imagine trying to live there.

#411557 - Fri Mar 21 2008 04:17 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: South of England
This is our granddaughter's puppy. He's a 3 month old Jack Russell Terrier. He didn't like the camera very much and is just about to bark and jump up at it.

#411558 - Fri Mar 21 2008 05:17 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
lilyalli Offline
Prolific

Loc: Norfolk UK      
This is the bandstand, originally the 'The Butter Cross' (butter market), in the market town of Swaffham. The figure on top of the dome represents the Roman goddess Ceres. The car park transforms into a large general market and auction on Saturdays and I can spend hours pottering about in the summer.

#411559 - Fri Mar 21 2008 07:22 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
MotherGoose Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Western Australia

I guess it's been quiet because everybody's busy with Easter.

There is a Chinese restaurant near us called Jumbo that seems like it has been there forever. I celebrated my 21st birthday there a very long time ago . Just recently, we went there to celebrate a friend's birthday. It has the most elaborate decor. This is a sample of the ceiling!

To add to the trivia, Joe Bugner was dining at the table next to us. For those of you who are asking "Joe who?", he is/was a famous heavyweight boxing champion.

Follow this link to Wikipedia to learn about him. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Bugner

#411560 - Fri Mar 21 2008 08:26 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
argus9 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada   
Yes it has been quiet. I just don't have much to photograph lately. I keep thinking everyone is tired of snow photos.

What a sweet pup TW. I hope your Granddaughter's got a lot of energy as I hear that Jack Russells have a lot of get up and go.

Edited by argus9 (Fri Mar 21 2008 08:28 PM)

Homer Simpson

#411561 - Fri Mar 21 2008 09:26 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
spanishliz Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Ontario Canada
Two reasons I haven't posted many photos lately - I also think everyone must be tired of snow photos, and Photobucket's "improvements" have made resizing photos to post so frustrating that I have nearly thrown my computer through the window on at least two occasions. (This is true, though very much an over reaction, my excuse for that being I have just quit smoking after 30 years ) I'll get back to posting more often, though. I miss posting my daily pic.

#411562 - Fri Mar 21 2008 09:37 PM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
minkpenny Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Buenos Aires
Argentina    ...
Quote:

Photobucket's "improvements" have made resizing photos to post so frustrating that I have nearly thrown my computer through the window on at least two occasions.

Resizing pictures with Photobucket is not only very frustrating, it's also impossible! I have a picture I want to resize and every time I try to do that, a message comes up that says there was an error and that the photobucket window will close and that I should try again. But I've been trying all week and the same thing keeps happening. I don't know what's wrong with it... but I haven't been able to resize the picture and I've tried many, many times.

Great to hear you quit smoking, Liz

Edited by minkpenny (Fri Mar 21 2008 09:40 PM)

#411563 - Sat Mar 22 2008 01:43 AM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

A new thread where such problems could be talked about would be good. I've started one here.

Maybe others are like me regarding the number of photos posted. There is only so much that can be photographed. Frequent photos probably depend on lifestyle and the places where we live. Well travelled people or those who live in large cities will have more to photograph than those who don't get around much and live in areas where there is less to photograph.

I fall into the latter category. It's a nice area but there are only so many woodland scenes I can show. One tree looks very much like another. Summer's coming though and there always seems more to photograph at that time of year. Probably helped by the fact we tend to get out and about a bit more. I've got to make use of my new camera somehow.

Edited by tellywellies (Sat Mar 22 2008 01:43 AM)

#411564 - Sat Mar 22 2008 03:39 AM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

It shouldn't be too much of a problem posting a variety of images, as it doesn't have to be scenery, views, etc. Ornaments, patterns, trees, flowers, in fact pretty well anything will do, and even older images are acceptable where there is some relevance or particular point to be made. As members are from all over the world, what might seem a boring, everyday scene to some, can be both interesting and unusual to others.
Ref. the 'snow scenes' I've never tired of seeing these, and am quite envious, though I suppose even I'd get fed up with it after a while. Having said that, it's actually snowing right now - for the first time this winter, but sadly it isn't lying!
I've not had any problem with the new photobucket system, and now prefer it to the old system. I've posted details of each step I take in the procedure, which you can read at the new link given by Tellywellies. I hope this is useful.

#411565 - Sat Mar 22 2008 03:51 AM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

I've been sorting out various items, with a view to selling them on ebay, and found several sheets of stamps. This 1947 Southern Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) stamp commemorates the royal visit, and depicts princesses Elizabeth and Margaret. You can see the full sheet of stamps here.

#411566 - Sat Mar 22 2008 04:26 AM Re: Photo-a-day - March 2008
tellywellies Offline
Forum Champion

Quote:

It shouldn't be too much of a problem posting a variety of images, as it doesn't have to be scenery, views, etc. Ornaments, patterns, trees, flowers, in fact pretty well anything will do...

Yes, been there ..but I expect a few new places, objects and various subjects will be posted from time to time.

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  flopsymopsy