Rules
Terms of Use

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#412597 - Sat Aug 02 2008 10:31 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
Massive low for my week is that my boyfriend just broke up with me. I guess I've known that it just wasn't working for him for about a week or 2 now, but it doesn't make it any easier. I'm just glad that he had the decency to tell me face to face rather than by msn or phone.

#412598 - Sun Aug 03 2008 04:05 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
That is sad Ella. It is difficult when relationships don't work out. At least by telling you face to face it shows he was a decent guy.

#412599 - Sun Aug 03 2008 06:11 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Oh, I'm so sorry, Ella. That is a massive low. My thoughts are with you. Broken relationships are always hard. May you feel better soon.

#412600 - Sun Aug 03 2008 06:55 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
Sorry to hear that Ella Hugs to you.

#412601 - Sun Aug 03 2008 07:59 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia
Quote:

I'm just glad that he had the decency to tell me face to face rather than by msn or phone.

I feel for you, and you are certainly right, he was decent enough to tell you in speech instead of by technological ways. I have no respect for someone breaking up by instant message (IM) or text.

#412602 - Sun Aug 03 2008 11:20 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
As pat and trite as it may sound, Ella, here's this:
-You don't have to wonder 'what's wrong' anymore.
- You feel awful right now, but try to think of every moment that passes as getting you farther and farther away from the hurt.

Here's hoping that the morning you wake up and don't hurt any more comes very soon.

#412603 - Mon Aug 04 2008 01:07 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Thanks everyone. I'm getting over it, but it's just hitting me that I can't just go up to him and give him a hug, yet I see him everyday still.

#412604 - Mon Aug 04 2008 05:11 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
I feel for you, Ella, and remember that horrible hurt so well. But time WILL help heal it, so try to busy yourself with other things and it will get better, I promise! Hugs from all of us!

#412605 - Mon Aug 04 2008 05:19 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
This is going to be a very different week for me! My husband and daughter, and son and daughter-in-law left Saturday morning for a motorcycle trip to Canada. They are going up the east coast and coming back around through Niagara Falls in a big counter-clockwise circle. When they planned the trip months ago, I was given the chance to go, but just wasn't sure I could do the motorcycle thing for 300 miles a day for 9 days straight! If is wasn't for the high gas prices, I probably would have tagged along in the car, because they are going to be seeing great scenery and interesting places. Saturday they went through NYC and stayed in West Haven, CT and yesterday travelled as far as Bangor, Maine, stopping at the docks for fresh lobster for lunch. Today they will cross the border.
My other daughter who lives at home is house-sitting across town for my son while he is on the trip, so I am all by myself all week! I am enjoying not having to cook, share the remote, etc. The last few weeks have been so busy with several events that I have had to plan, shop and cook for, that I am so ready to just hole up in the house and chill for the week!

#412606 - Mon Aug 04 2008 03:45 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Sounds like a great trip they are taking, that is a pretty loop. Enjoy the time and space to yourself while they are gone!

#412607 - Tue Aug 05 2008 01:11 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Santana2002 Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: France
Wow, Cinnam0n, sounds like my idea of bliss right now You enjoy yourself, gal!

Lioness, sorry to hear you have broken up . It hurts, but lots less than staying in a relationship which isn't working for one of you. In time you will appreciate the good times you two had together.

Low of the day: Well it's only 9 O'clock so no lows yet apart from tiredness (self-imposed - I wanted to finish a particular project last night, and it took me until after 2am)

High of the day and the week: My Scottish friends arrived last Thursday night. They're staying in town for the Festival Interceltique de Lorient, but we are having them over for an afternoon barbecue tomorrow (I have the afternoon off work, woohoo!). They are great fun and really lovely people, so I'm looking forward to spending some time with them

#412608 - Tue Aug 05 2008 04:12 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

I appreciate the good times now. Our first actual date was really really good.

Good news is that it's started to hurt a little less, we are able to talk to each other semi-comfortably, and I'm not feeling quite as sad. Now I'm just feeling sort of dazed.

#412609 - Tue Aug 05 2008 10:43 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ohio USA         
I haven't visited this section recently, so had some catching up to do. Ella, I too know what that feels like, but all of us with more experience (notice I didn't say older )can say that,"This too shall pass..." Glad to hear your update at the end and know the *dazed* feeling all to well also. I give him credit for the face-to-face informing you. Too many take the easier, softer way out and that shows no character.

--cinnam0n, Yes! Enjoy your week alone, you deserve it!
--Santana, that sounds like a good time, enjoy your company!

#412610 - Tue Aug 05 2008 10:56 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
toadette Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Port Dover Ontario Canada
Cinnam0n - it's too bad you missed the trip. You could have dropped in to say hello. It sounds like they will be riding either through my town or very close to it.

#412611 - Tue Aug 05 2008 11:21 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Maybe they might stop at Knechtel's for the best perch and chips in town.

#412612 - Tue Aug 05 2008 11:28 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
talentedone Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Littleton Colorado USA        
Hi, Ella. I'm Mo. I am sorry to learn of your breakup. Might I suggest each time you wish to hug him, hug yourself instead.

Also, be proud. Each day is yours and how you spend it is your choice.

Go forward, Ella. Your future belongs to you.

Best Wishes.

Cinnam0n - the entire house to yourself? Have fun.

Santana - aren't friends fun? Enjoy the visit.

#412613 - Wed Aug 06 2008 10:54 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
toadette Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

Maybe they might stop at Knechtel's for the best perch and chips in town.

You have definitely been in town
but I know a better place for perch(but the chips aren't as good)

#412614 - Fri Aug 08 2008 09:20 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Quote:

Yes, I used to live in Guelph, an hour's drive from you Always made it a habit to get down to Port Dover at least once in the summer. So, do tell.. where is there better perch?

#412615 - Fri Aug 08 2008 10:12 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Everyone, well maybe not every , knows you would have to head south to Ohio and sample our Lake Erie yellow perch, best in the world. I used to have my dad ship it to me when I lived on the East Coast.

#412616 - Sat Aug 09 2008 12:42 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
toadette Offline
Enthusiast

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, I used to live in Guelph, an hour's drive from you Always made it a habit to get down to Port Dover at least once in the summer. So, do tell.. where is there better perch?

The Erie Beach - a plate of perch and 2 pieces of celery bread and I'm in heaven (celery bread - a square piece of bread buttered, with celery seed shaken over it and fried - very yummy)

#412617 - Sat Aug 09 2008 01:50 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

toadette, I have never had celery bread, but it sounds delicious and I know it would go great with the perch! I notice you mentioned Erie in your answer as to the best.

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Moderator:  ren33, sue943