Rules
Terms of Use

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#412347 - Fri Mar 21 2008 01:40 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
So tragic about your young friend, Piquero. My condolences to everyone left behind. His young woman/intended must be devastated beyond descriptives for it. Heartbreaking.

As for the clowns? My money is on that you're the one on the far right?

#412348 - Fri Mar 21 2008 02:13 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Definitely far right.

#412349 - Fri Mar 21 2008 02:21 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
NoelsFan Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Sussex UK
I'm really sad to hear about your friend. Give my regards to the family.

#412350 - Fri Mar 21 2008 03:37 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
djsgal Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Springfield Virginia USA     
For all who've received bad news of late, my thoughts go out to you, and my prayers for strength.

Picqero, I guess far right too - I think I've seen too many sailing photos and videos of you.

#412351 - Fri Mar 21 2008 04:49 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
gsmoke827 Offline
Participant

Loc: Michigan USA
Well, I see I am the only one to guess middle. apparently I'm wrong...

#412352 - Sat Mar 22 2008 05:09 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
Yes that's me on the far right; too much like my funtrivia avatar I guess which incidently was taken at another 'fancy dress' dinner of the Ceunant mountaineering club - members don't just climb mountains you know!
I could have disguised myself more but had loaned my red wig, which I found uncomfortable, to another clown - this one deliberately looking scary!

#412353 - Sat Mar 22 2008 12:26 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Sorry to hear about your friend, picqero.

Not sure where to put this and if it's somewhere else, I must have missed it, but I see today's Copago's birthday! Happy Birthday, I hope you have a wonderful day.

#412354 - Sat Mar 22 2008 02:01 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
OH, Happy Birthday Copago and a Happy Easter too.

#412355 - Mon Mar 24 2008 04:26 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Well, now that I'm done staring at it endlessly (and occasionally picking it up and petting it as if it were a perfectly lovely cat ) my high point came on Saturday. The mail truck dropped off a little box wherein lived the most beautiful sweater a boy could ever hope to find . Honestly, I've never seen anything so appealing. Hand-crafted, perfectly woven, warm (emphasis on that part indeed - wintr still rages in Ohio). It was just so nice and so special and just so ...well... everything "good". I spent an hour being in awe of it. Then an hour feeling entirely underserving of it. Then an hour wondering how a bunch of strings can end up something as spectacular as my new sweater was, as it sat there. I was pretty much speechless (which is kind of a switch for me). I've adored you for years, Miss Sara. Now I not only adore YOU, but your skills and kindness of heart even more. Easter was very very nice in Gatsbyland.

Not much of anything for a *low*, I reckon. Maybe last night was a nuisance. I have a wee proclivity towards aches and pains now and then but the weirdest "ouches" happened last night. Everything, and I'm not kidding ~ especially considering the vile nature of the climate around here for months on end, felt great. Then I was laying there almost asleep and, of all things, it felt like three bears and six cubs were chewing off my fingertips? Huh? Legs and arms and nose and ears were resting cooperatively but *oops* all of a sudden I get cannonballs shooting out of my fingertips? And I gotta say, too (short-lived as it was) that was the most intense scream-worthy actual "pain" I've had for some time. Quite unnecessary, I thought . But, today, the fingertips are fine. AND I believe I'll wear my new sweater, too. I'm as happy as a part-time camper with a gas grill and extra pork chops .

#412356 - Mon Mar 24 2008 05:40 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
PurpleFan Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: New Westminster BC Canada
Now you have to model it for all of us.

I was graced with one of Sara's fabulous sweaters and it is so warm and cozy I hate to take it off at times.
And yes it is Purple.LOL LOL

I look forwards to seeing your Modeling Debut.

I am sure I am not the only one who won't want to miss it.

#412357 - Mon Mar 24 2008 05:41 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Awww Shucks!! XXX

#412358 - Mon Mar 24 2008 10:13 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Virginia USA
It sounds like you have the best sweater in the entire world, Gats. You are a lucky guy! Looks like you'll get some immediate use from it as the snow still blows. And Ren, you are quite a lady to think of him!

As for me, my High to report is that Easter dinner was a hit, and surprisingly easy to manage this year. There's definitely something to be said for a pressure cooker - took the pressure off me! Now I have all this potato salad and ham left to eat this week. My Low is that I'll be eating it alone, as my DH jetted off early this morning to sunny Arizona for the week. I am so jealous that he'll be out there sweating under the sun and we are still seeing flakes flying here.

Hope everyone has recovered from Easter festivities!

#412359 - Mon Mar 24 2008 10:40 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
I'm afraid a photo will be mandatory, Gats...we'll be watching the Photo-a-Day thread!

#412360 - Mon Mar 24 2008 11:40 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
picqero Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Hertfordshire<br>England UK
Thanks to everyone for your condolences in regard to our young friend Daniel. I've sent a message to his mother, but whatever I could say would of course be totally inadequate. Daniel was such a decent, honest and gentle young man, and a privelege to have known.

#412361 - Mon Mar 24 2008 12:32 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

I just caught myself up on the lows/highs of those of you who posted within the last week and I am saddened to learn of the loss of a young man with so much to look forward to in life, and I have to agree with Sue that there should have been some indication that this heart trouble might have been genetic. It may not have made a difference to know either way, and it certainly is tragic to lose not one but two children this way. I can't imagine the pain his family is suffering at this time.

Flynn, I have spent so much time thinking about you since learning of your diagnosis. I sat with my husband at dinner that first day telling him of your story and I've not been able to wrap my head around how this could ever happen. I am hopeful that since this was caught early that treatment will be more effective and I sincerely, truly hope for nothing but the best of all things for you.

I don't think of myself as a religious person at all but I am reminded by these things to count my blessings and to put my problems in perspective. I am very grateful to have you all as well.

#412362 - Tue Mar 25 2008 02:18 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
mirrabook Offline
Participant

Loc: South Grafton NSW Australia   
My thoughts go out to all that have lost a loved ones (human or animal)and to Flynn medical miracles happen every day so keep positive.

My life is constantly full of Highs and Lows - I love all animals and even though I breed and exhibit cavies (aka guinea pigs)all my animals are considered family members some elderly One named Inspector passes away easter monday he would have been 6 in July - he was quite old.

While my daughter Indergy is going through an ordeal getting contact lenses to work - she has kerataconis and the contacts are now her only option, if we lived in the US she would be eligable for some kind of cross between contacts and cornea transplants but here in Australia that option is still a few years away

My high was learning that my son Tony and his partner were moving closer to where I now live and they are expecting a baby about June/July - Tenika is epilptic and has had to be put on high does of medication to stop seizures the medications can cause deformities in he baby - but so far everything is looking good. One of our yard dogs Whiskey is just blooming since she had "that" operation last week - it was very hard to stop her from being her normal boystrous self so she did not pull out her stitches, and stop her brother Brandy from trying to play with her - and cute high for yesterday I found the most beautiful bluetounge lizard in the backyard sunning himself and he was in my outdoor cage snuggled up with some of my cavies just a wonderful thing - by the time I went ang got the camera though he had dissappeared.

#412363 - Tue Mar 25 2008 05:57 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

I am beginning to wonder just HOW one becomes a member of this sweater/jersey club???? Eagerly awaiting a photograph Gats.

#412364 - Fri Mar 28 2008 09:16 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
Yes, come to think of it...when ARE you going to take a good picture of this new sweater, Gats? We all want to see it.
I always wanted to knit but am unbelievably bad at it.

#412365 - Fri Mar 28 2008 08:50 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Very few highs or lows here recently but I have been learning to see the space as a good thing so that is a high in itself.

My blog site has had a counter on it for over 2 years and started with an amazing 50 hits a day on average, then the site stopped linking our profiles and it fell to 10 or so which has never recovered after the links returned not long ago. I just looked at the monthly figures and in among the 1s and 3s one day had about 120 hits! What I did that day that did so well I'm not sure, and although it actually attracted a few comments for a change all were anonymous and obnoxious,(and may have come from the same person they were so similar), but if they are all around I'll live with a bit of stick to go with it.
The figures dropped back to the single numbers after that but luckily my career doesn't depend on it...

#412366 - Fri Mar 28 2008 10:24 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
talentedone Offline
Forum Adept

Loc: Littleton Colorado USA        
High point was my move is over and I am back in FT. Low point is now I get to unpack.

Patience....all things in their own time.

#412367 - Sat Mar 29 2008 12:52 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Quote:

when ARE you going to take a good picture of this new sweater, Gats? We all want to see it

ahem!!! Erm you could see a picture of it in the crafts photo thread....
if you like...
Well here is the sleeve.

Edited by ren33 (Sat Mar 29 2008 12:56 AM)

#412368 - Sat Mar 29 2008 01:06 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

But Ren, we want to see Gats model his new sweater..

#412369 - Sat Mar 29 2008 07:57 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
Quote:

ahem!!! Erm you could see a picture of it in the crafts photo thread....
if you like...

Lovely, amazing work, Miss Sara! [ Sorry I missed seeing it till now] But I still want the lucky victim to model it.

#412370 - Sat Mar 29 2008 08:06 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ohio USA         
The cry for a picture of you modeling is clearly rising daily, Gats. Come on, give the rabble what we want!

#412371 - Sat Mar 29 2008 09:33 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

My high is that my hubby returned from Arizona late last night, my low is that we are STILL getting snow here in NY. Very little accumulation, but quite cold out there for end of March. I can't plant flowers in snow!

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943