Round 29 – April Answers6
‘fab-tastic’ players for the “Once Upon A Time”
round. Big THANKS for taking part.
1) Please give me the name of a winner (author or illustrator) of the Hans Christian Andersen award from 2000 to 2008 inclusive.For Ten Points:
Wolf Erlbruch, Martin Waddell, Margaret Mahy, Quentin BlakeFor Five Points:
Anthony Browne (2) Not mentioned:
Max Velthuijs, Ana Maria Machado, Aidan Chambers, Jürg Schubiger, Roberto Innocenti
2) Please give the name of an actor/actress who provided the voice of any character in the Disney animated movie “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”.For Ten Points:
Billy Gilbert – “Sneezy”, Moroni Olsen – “Magic Mirror”, Eddie Collins – “Dopey”, Otis Harlan – “Happy”For Five Points:
Scotty Mattraw – “Bashful” (2) Not mentioned:
Adrian Caselotti – “Snow White”, Harry Stockwell – “Prince”, Roy Atwell – “Doc” and more.
3) From here, please give me the name of a musical instrument that is used in “Peter and the Wolf”.For Ten Points:
Bassoon, Trumpet, Flute, Snare DrumFor Five Points:
Castanets (2) Not mentioned:
Oboe, Clarinet, Horns, Trombone, Timpani, Triangle, Tambourine, Cymbals, Bass Drum, Strings
4) There are 34 stories in the modern edition of “The Sketch Book”. Please give me the name of any story.For Ten Points:
The Inn Kitchen, The Wife, Christmas Dinner, Little Britain, A Sunday in London, Philip of Pokanoket10 points all!Not mentioned:
Rip Van Winkle, Roscoe, The Country Church, Westminster Abbey and the remaining 24 stories.
5) Going back to the Disney (again, I know!) version of Peter Pan that was released in 1953, please give me the title of a song that is heard in the movie.For Ten Points:
Never Smile at a Crocodile, What Makes the Red Man Red?, The Elegant Captain Hook, You Can Fly!For Five Points:
A Pirate’s Life (2) Not mentioned:
The Second Star to the Right, Following the Leader, Your Mother and MineRESULTS!Top Place: 45 points: Mugaboo, Maninmidohio, Nakarinna, Gatsby & Denni Good work! Other results:35 points: Szabs