Terms of Use

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#419481 - Thu May 01 2008 12:11 PM May Trivia Rounds
nakarinna Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Chicago Illinois USA
THE FT TRIVIA ROUNDS

Each day (except Sunday) one of our Trivia Round hosts will post 5 questions that have multiple possible correct answers. Each player should PM his or her answers to the host within the time frame specified (at least 48 hours, but usually more). Each unique correct answer provided (one that was not given by any other player) will receive 10 points, each non-unique correct answer will receive 5 points.

No sign-up or registration is required to play!!! and each player can play as many or as few Rounds as he or she chooses.

Mondays - Gatsby
Tuesdays - Brandz_mygirl and Denni
Wednesdays - Gatsby and JaneMarple
Thursdays - Nakarinna
Fridays - Szabs and Denni
Saturdays - Mugaboo and Cinnam0n

(I've kept the same list as was posted in April - please let me know if there are any changes/updates. Thank you!)

Edited by nakarinna (Thu May 01 2008 12:12 PM)

#419482 - Thu May 01 2008 12:19 PM Re: May Trivia Rounds
nakarinna Offline
Mainstay

Round 1 - Thursday

Today's theme is ... big (obviously)!

1. Big is a 1988 film about a boy who uses a fortune-telling machine to wish that he were 'big.' His wish is granted; he wakes up the next morning as a 30 year old man. Probably best known for its famous keyboard-playing scene, the film was nominated for many awards. Please choose an acting award for which Big was nominated (or won).

2. Big Lots is an Ohio-based chain of department stores specializing in closeout and overstock items (although there are certain products - namely, food - that are restocked regularly). Please take a look at the Big Lots website and take the Aisle-by-Aisle Tour. Please pick any department on this tour that has a one-word name. (ETA: You can see the departments either by highlighting them on the map OR by looking at the list to the left of the map.)

3. "Big Love" is a 2006 HBO Series that follows the life of a polygamist man and his three wives. The family tries to adhere to their principles and religious beliefs while moving in society, while trying to maintain a distance from the sinister polygamist compound from which the main character (and one of his wives) emerged. While the show is of course highly fictionalized, many of its events are rooted in facts - made all the more apparent by recent, tragic events. Please select an episode from the second season of HBO's "Big Love."

4. The Notorious B.I.G was the stage name of American rapper Christopher George Latore Wallace. The Notorious B.I.G had a relatively short but extremely successful career. His name often appears near the top of 'Greatest Rapper' lists, and his influence on hip-hop and rap is well-established. In fact, his 1994 album "Ready to Die" appears on Time Magazine's All-Time 100 Albums list. Please have a look at this list, and give me the name of any other album appearing on this list from the 1990s.

5. BIG Magazine is a decade-old art publication distributed throughout most of the world. There have been 67 issue of the magazine produced to date; it's most current issue is #67 - 'Big Swarovski.' Please follow this link to the BIG Magazine website and name one of the photographers credited as working on the 'Big Swarovski' issue.

This round will close Tuesday May 6th at noon FT time. Please PM with any questions and clarifications. Good luck!

Edited by nakarinna (Fri May 02 2008 09:43 AM)

#419483 - Fri May 02 2008 12:25 PM Re: May Trivia Rounds
denni19 Offline

Loc: Bucharest Romania
ROUND 2 - Friday

Today's word: KIWI .

1. Kiwi (Ernest) Kingston was a wrestler from New Zealand mostly remembered for playing the "Frankenstein Monster" - The Creature - in the 1964 movie "The Evil of Frankenstein".
-- Please name a character from that movie who does NOT have a name or even references to another named character. (So you can choose any Bartender, Nun, Boy at the train station, etc., but not John's Uncle - and 'Uncredited' characters are as good as any )

2. "Kiwi" is a song on Maroon 5's album "It Won't Be Soon Before Long". This was their second studio album, released in US on May 22, 2007 under the A&M/Octone record label.
-- Please give me the name of any artist - solo artist or band member - currently promoted by A&M/Octone.

3. Kiwi is the brand name of a shoe polish, developed in 1906 by William Ramsay, an Australia-based Scottish-born inventor, who named it Kiwi as an homage to his wife who was a New Zealander (otherwise known as a Kiwi ).
-- Please go to Kiwi's official website and choose one of the nine (9) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) you can find in there.

4. Kiwi Magazine is dedicated to helping parents raise their children the healthiest way possible, introducing them to the latest in natural and organic living and teaching them how to practice this lifestyle on an everyday basis.
-- From Kiwi Magazine website please pick one of their Healthy Recipes for Desserts.

5. The Kiwifruit is the edible berry of the woody vine Actinidia deliciosa. The Actinidia is native to Shaanxi Province, China, the same province where the famous "Terracotta Army" was discovered in March 1974. The formidable life-like life-sized figures were buried with Qin Shihuang (the Emperor of Qin) in 209-210 BC, for thousands of years 'living' as a very mysterious underground "Kingdom".
-- Would you be so kind as to read this article HERE and then return with one of the Nine major enigmas of Qin Shihuang Mausoleum?. Thank you!

This Round closes on Wednesday (April 7), noon FT time. Feel free to announce me of any irregularities you find in my questions .

#419484 - Sat May 03 2008 03:31 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
Mugaboo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Scotland UK
Round 3 - - Saturday 3rd May

1. The Mouse Trap Game, is a board game that arrived on the scene in 1963. Please name one of the parts needed to construct the Mouse Trap.
2. Please give me a line from the poem "Nine Mice" by Jack Prelutsky.
3. Name a country that has issued a stamp with a picture of a computer mouse on it.
4. Monterey Jack is a name of a cartoon mouse. It is also a name of a track by Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show, that first appeared on their "Belly Up" LP. Please name another track from this album.
5. Earlier this week mice were seen on the stage of London's Aldwych Theatre during their performance of "Dirty Dancing" (One person even demanded a refund). Please give me a member of the cast who's not a member of the "Ensemble".

Please ask if you need help, round closed on Thursday noon (FT time)

#419485 - Mon May 05 2008 01:57 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
Round 5 ~ Monday

1. Canadian singer Gordon Meredith Lightfoot, Jr. was born in Ontario on November 17, 1938. I believe (folksy) balladeers are philosophers of sorts (Lightfoot being one of the better ones of the 1970's, and since) - the philosophy is not so intellectual/scholarly as some, I know ~ yet it's accessible and sensual, likely related to easier than, say, Robert Nozick's work. He was an American philosopher and Harvard professor who was born, coincidentally, the day before Lightfoot was in 1938! Nozick's contributions were solid, fascinating, varied and slightly 'heady'/political. His book "The Examined Life: Philosophical Meditations", spoke to a larger audience, though, exploring love, death, faith and the meaning of life. To start, please tell me an ODD-numbered chapter in "The Examined Life" (and don't use the *Intro* as a chapter, OK)?

2. Mr. Lightfoot had many along the way who believed in him and took him 'under their wing(s)', using their connections to open doors for the young artist. Two such were Ian and Sylvia Tyson, a Canadian folk music duo who performed and recorded starting in the early 1960s. In '69 the Tysons formed a Country Rock group they named 'Great Speckled Bird' - and became participants in The Festival Express, an event which took place in 1970. The shows were scheduled, the performers traveled by train across Canada to appear at various stops (quite a passionate, high-energy and *party*-filled ride it was, too, by all reports ). The roster of the Festival was somewhat Woodstock-like! Could you tell me a musical act (aside from 'Great Speckled Bird') who performed at The Festival Express in Winnipeg on July 1, 1970? Thank you!

3. Gordon Lightfoot's ninth original album, released in 1972, was "Old Dan's Records" on the Reprise label. The album (just barely) cracked the Pop Charts Top 100 but marked a definite shift in his *sound* as he began to add country influence(s) to his standard folk with the help of the banjo, dobro and steel guitar. This blending of formats served him well for the next decade. No single tune from the LP became a breakaway hit but it was full of nicely touchable songs such as the simple "Farewell To Annabel" (the sort of Lightfoot ditty that, to me, represents him perfectly). May I ask a line from that song that begins with a *Question* word (such as who, what, when, where, etc.)?

4. One of Lightfoot's biggest hit songs was "The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald", which peaked at #2 on the charts in 1976 (it was also his second most popular song ever, bested only by "Sundown" in '74). The song told of a real event - the S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald was an American freighter and once the largest ship on the Great Lakes. During a Lake Superior storm on November 10, 1975, the Fitzgerald sank suddenly, without sending any distress signals. All 29 hands in the crew perished, presumably by drowning. Hardly the stuff of "popular" music, the sad ballad found the hearts of millions (while drawing attention to an arguably lesser historic event, too). This time, I'd like to know the name of one of the ten youngest men who perished aboard the Edmund Fitzgerald.

5. By January 2002, Lightfoot had 30 new songs written for his next studio album. In September, before the second concert of a two-night stand in Orillia, he suffered severe stomach pain and was sped to McMaster Medical Centre in Ontario. He underwent surgery for a bleeding problem in his abdomen but ultimately ended up comatose for nearly two months. In January 2004 (post recovery), he released the album "Harmony", mostly recorded before his illness. With his album selling well, he was asked to make an appearance on television's "Canadian Idol". Thus, August 19, 2004 became *Gordon Lightfoot Night* on the popular show . While on the subject, please tell me a contestant who either won or came in second at the end of ANY season of "Canadian Idol".

This'll close up Friday afternoon! Have a great and productive week, folks !

#419486 - Tue May 06 2008 09:17 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
denni19 Offline

ROUND 6

On this Tuesday, let's get BOLD .

1 - Since 1987, Echoing Green has provided seed funding and support to nearly 450 social entrepreneurs with BOLD ideas for social change, through a two-year fellowship program that helps the visionaries develop new solutions to society’s most difficult problems.
~~ On Echoing Green's official website they've listed the 2008 Echoing Green Fellowship Finalists - please pick any fellow from the "Economic Development" section of the list.

2 - BOLD Company, located in Spring Lake, MI, USA, are the folks who think there's more to life than a cube (furniture-wise ) and provide custom designed office furniture to their customers. Being one of the two certified cabinet builders for all Harley-Davidson (H-D) dealers, Bold Company completed nearly 100 installations from coast to coast.
~~ In HERE please go to H-D Dealers --> HD Showrooms and give me the location of any Harley Davidson Center presented in there - City and State only.

3 - Please give me the name of a BOLD font, listed on Simply the Best Fonts website. (In the "Bold Fonts" category, not anywhere on the site )

4 - BOLD Strummer Ltd - Books and Music for and about the Guitar offers the widest selection of guitar related reading and instruction books available. Bold Strummer has something for every player, and they also have a small section for guitar humour, on their website.
~~ If you visit their Humour & Essays section and look for "The 'Something' Harmonica Blues' - A Guitar Tragedy" by Nicholas Clarke, somewhere in the middle of the 'tragedy' , you'll find a few needed guitar accessories being mentioned. Pick any of those, please.

5 - "BOLD Words" is a blog where the owner explores how "bold words can give life to bold ideas".
~~ Please take a tour and give me the title of a blog entry posted during December 2007.

Thank your for reading !
Round 6 closes on Saturday, noon FT time.

#419487 - Tue May 06 2008 12:42 PM Re: May Trivia Rounds
nakarinna Offline
Mainstay

Round 1 Results

8 players entered this round…

1. Please choose an acting award for which Big was nominated (or won).

For 10 points: Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy/Musical (Tom Hanks) – Won; Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor (Robert Loggia) – Won; LAFCA Award for Best Actor (Tom Hanks) - Won

For 5 points: American Comedy Award for Funniest Actor in a Motion Picture (Tom Hanks) - Won (3), Young Artist Award for Best Young Actor in a Motion Picture Comedy or Fantasy (David Moscow) – Nominated (2)

Not mentioned: Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role (Tom Hanks) – nominated; Saturn Award for Best Actor (Tom Hanks) – Won; Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor (Jared Rushton) – Nominated; Young Artist Award for Best Young Actor in a Motion Picture Comedy or Fantasy (Jared Rushton) - Nominated

2. Please pick any department on this tour that has a one-word name.

For 10 points: Furniture, Clearance, Pets, Seasonal, Domestics

For 5 points: Luggage (3)

Not mentioned: Electronics, Grocery, Kitchen, Toys

3. Please select an episode from the second season of HBO's "Big Love."

For 10 points: “Take Me as I Am,” “Rock and a Hard Place”

For 5 points: “Circle the Wagons” (2), “The Happiest Girl” (2), “Kingdom Come” (2)

Not mentioned: “Damage Control,” “The Writing on the Wall,” “Reunion,” “Vision Thing,” “Dating Game,” “Good Guys and Bad Guys,” and “Oh, Pioneers”

4. Please have a look at this list, and give me the name of any other album appearing on this list from the 1990s .

For 10 points: What's the Story) Morning Glory (Artist: Oasis), Live Through This (Artist: Hole), OK Computer (Artist: Radiohead), Slanted and Enchanted (Artist: Pavement), Nevermind (Artist: Nirvana), Car Wheels on a Gravel Road (Artist: Lucinda Williams), Achtung Baby (Artist: U2), Endtroducing… (Artist: DJ Shadow)

For 5 points: none

Not mentioned: Sunrise (Artist: Elvis Presley), Time Out of Mind (Artist: Bob Dylan), My Life (Artist: Mary J. Blige), The Chronic (Artist: Dr. Dre), Out of Time (Artist: R.E.M), Phil Spector, Back to Mono (1958 - 1969) - (Various Artists), Ropin' the Wind (Artist: Garth Brooks), Star Time (Artist: James Brown), The Low End Theory (Artist: A Tribe Called Quest)

5. Please follow this link to the BIG Magazine website and name one of the photographers credited as working on the 'Big Swarovski' issue.

For 10 points: André Wolff, Albrecht Kunkel, Christopher Bucklow, Warren du Preez, Marcus Tomlinson, Simen Johan

For 5 points: Nick Knight (2)

Not Mentioned: Nick Thornton-Jones, Andrew Bettles, Christian Coinbergh, Benedict Redgrove, Koichiro Doi

Scores:

With 45 points: denni19, szabs
With 40 points: Mugaboo, Gatsby722, zorba_scank, brandz_mygirl
With 35 points: maninmidohio, srini701

Congratulations to denni19 and szabs for winning one May trivia point each!

Thanks for playing, everyone !

#419488 - Wed May 07 2008 01:46 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Wednesday 7th May

Q1 A film with purple in the title
Q2 A song title with purple in the title
Q3 A book title with purple in the title
Q4 Something that is traditionally purple
Q5 Something you can eat which is purple

It closes over the weekend

#419489 - Wed May 07 2008 11:12 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
denni19 Offline

When I posted Round 2 on Friday, I said in there that I'll close it on April 7 .
I decided there's no point in waiting for an entire year , so I am closing it NOW.

The results will show up later today.

#419490 - Thu May 08 2008 03:48 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
denni19 Offline

**My apologies for being a lil' late with these .**

Results for ROUND 2

8 lovely and dedicated players approached the “KIWI” round. Thank you all !

1 - Please name a character from the 1964 movie "The Evil of Frankenstein" who does NOT have a name or even references to another named character.

10 points: Little Girl, Burgomaster’s Wife, Body Snatcher, Burgomaster of Karlstaad, Roustabout, Policeman

5 points: Manservant [2]

2 - Please give me the name of any artist – solo artist or band member - currently promoted by the A&M/Octone record label.

10 points: Lacey Mosley, Mickey Madden, Pat Seals, Allen Maier, Sameer Bhattacharya, Seth Davin

5 points: K'naan Warsame [2]

3 - Please go to KIWI-Shoe Polish’s official website and choose one of the nine (9) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) you can find in there.

10 points: What is the most popular and most frequently used shoe polish in the United States?, How did KIWI get it's name?

5 points: How do I remove a shoe polish stain? [2], Where can I purchase KIWI? [2], What is the best selling color in the KIWI range? [2]

4 - From Kiwi Magazine website please pick one of their Healthy Recipes for Desserts.

10 points: Foolproof Flaky Butter Pastry, Molasses Ginger Cookies, Bavaroise of Mango with Forbidden Rice, Super Star Sugar Cookies

5 points: Easy Chocolate Fondue [2], Lychee-Cran-Raspberry Ice Pops [2]

5 - Would you be so kind as to read this article HERE and then return with one of the Nine major enigmas of Qin Shihuang Mausoleum?.

10 points: Is there space in the underground palace? – Enigma 7, The mystery about "mercury" buried in the underground palace - Enigma 4, How many precious treasures are there in the underground palace? - Enigma 5, How many doors are there in the underground palace? – Enigma 2, How deep is the underground palace? – Enigma 1

5 points: An automatic ejector – Enigma 8 [3]

The RESULTS for Round 2 are:

With 50 points: GatsbyExcellent job, dear Sir !

With 45 points: Zorba_scank

With 40 points: Brandz_mygirl, Nakarinna and Mugaboo

With 35 points: Szabs and Maninmidohio

With 30 points: Srini

For an oustanding perfect score, Gatsby gets a very well deserved monthly point for May. Congratulations!

Edited by denni19 (Thu May 08 2008 03:50 AM)

#419491 - Thu May 08 2008 12:13 PM Re: May Trivia Rounds
nakarinna Offline
Mainstay

Round 8 - Thursday

1. 8 1/2, the story of an Italian director struggling with "director's block," is widely regarded as one of the best films ever made. Please pick another movie on Time Magazine's All-Time 100 movies list with a title beginning with the letters D-F.

2. Juliet of the Spirits, the story of a put-upon wife who struggles to achieve indepedence under the shadow of her philandering husband, inspired a track on The B-52's eighth studio album. Please choose another track from The B-52's album Funplex.

3. The Nights of Cabiria, the story of a prostitute searching for love, inspired the Cy Coleman musical Sweet Charity. Please select another musical for which Cy Coleman wrote the music.

4. La Dolce Vita, the story of seven days and nights in the life of a reporter, marked one of the earliest film appearances of model, actress, and singer Christa Päffgen (also known as Nico). For part of her musical career, Nico was a member of The Velvet Underground. Please give me the name of another individual who was - at any time - a member of the band The Velvet Underground.

5. Now, to tie this round together, please name any feature film not already mentioned in this round that was directed by the influential Federico Fellini.

This round will close Tuesday, May 13 at noon FT time. Please PM me with any questions. Good luck!

Edited by nakarinna (Thu May 08 2008 01:40 PM)

#419492 - Thu May 08 2008 04:18 PM Re: May Trivia Rounds
Mugaboo Offline
Prolific

Loc: Scotland UK
Answers Round 3 - 8 played

1. The Mouse Trap Game, is a board game that arrived on the scene in 1963. Please name one of the parts needed to construct the Mouse Trap.
For 10 points: Lever/Stop Sign; Metal Ball; Bathtub; Cage Post
For 5 points: Stairway [2]; Diving Board [2]
Not mentioned: Base A; Gear Support; Gear A; Crank; Gear B; Rubber Band; Lamp Post; Shoe; Bucket; Base B; Rain Gutter/Pipe; Plumbing; Helping Hand; Rod; Spring; Groove/Thig-a-ma-jig; Bowling Ball; Diver/Man; Base C; Washtub; Cage

2. Please give me a line from the poem "Nine Mice" by Jack Prelutsky
Here's the whole poem: Green 10 points, Blue 5 points and lines not mentioned in Black.

Nine Mice on tiny tricycles
went riding on the ice,
they rode in spite of warning signs,
they rode despite advice
The signs were right, the ice was thin,

in half a trice, the mice fell in,
and from their chin down to their toes
those mice entirely froze.
Nine mindless mice, who paid the price,
are thawing slowly by the ice
still sitting on their tricycles

…nine white and shiny micicles [2]

3. Name a country that has issued a stamp with a picture of a computer mouse on it.
For 10 points: Barbados; Cuba; Great Britain; Guernsey; Macao; Malaysia
For 5 points: Costa Rica [2]
Not mentioned include: Brazil; Moldova; New Zealand; Philippines; Pitcairn Islands; Poland; Romania; Singapore; South Korea

4. Monterey Jack is a name of a cartoon mouse. It is also a name of a track by Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show, that first appeared on their "Belly Up" LP. Please name another track from this album.
For 10 points: Penicillin Penny; Life Ain't Easy; When Lilly Was Queen
For 5 points: Come on In [3]; Roland The Roadie & Gertrude The Groupie [2]
Not mentioned: Apapulco Goldie; You Ain't Got The Right; Put A Little Bit On Me; Ballad Of . . . ; The Wonderful Soup Stone

5. Earlier last week mice were seen on the stage of London's Aldwych Theatre during their performance of "Dirty Dancing". Please give me a member of the cast who's not a member of the "Ensemble".
For 10 points: Josef Brown; Richard Lawrence; Olivia Lumley; Brian Seccente; Julia Sutton; Nigel Williams
For 5 points: Richard Lloyd King [2]
Not mentioned: Basienka Blake; John Conroy; Nadia Coote; Helen Grace; Simon Greiff; Jason Griffiths; Sarah Manton; David Rintoul

Scores:
45 points: Denni19; Brandz_mygirl; Maninmidohio; Srini701
40 points: Nakarinna; Zorba Scank
35 points: Gatsby722
30 points: Szabs

Well done Denni, Brandz Maninmidohio and Srini on winning the points.

#419493 - Fri May 09 2008 03:47 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
szabs Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Mijas, Malaga Spain         
Round 9 - Friday

Medieval castles, whether in ruins or restored, are found through out the whole of Europe. Stone fortifications were nothing new to the continent, but during the Middle Ages, there was an explosion of castle construction as feudal lords sought to consolidate their power and provide fortresses for the inhabitants of their kingdom.

1. Neuschwanstein Castle is a 19th-century Bavarian palace located on a mountain top in Germany, it was built by Ludwig II of Bavaria as a retreat, and as a homage to Richard Wagner, the King's inspiring muse. The main idea of the palace was put in a letter to Richard Wagner, dated May 13, 1868; It is my intention to rebuild the old castle ruin at Hohenschwangau near the Pollat Gorge in the authentic style of the old German knights' castles... the location is the most beautiful one could find, holy and unapproachable, a worthy temple for the divine friend who has brought salvation and true blessing to the world. The palace was originally called New Hohenschwangau Castle until the king's death, when it was re-named Neuschwanstein. From the Palace site , go to the Rooms , there you can take a “Short tour of the Palas” please give me the name of one of the places you can visit (14 to choose from).

2. The Château de Chenonceau, is in the Loire Valley in France, built on the river Cher, where the unique beauty of its architecture reflects in the water. It is often known as the Château of the Six Women, since women have played such an important part in its history. Chenonceau is not only remarkable for its architecture and history but also for the fine quality of its collections that can be found in it’s interior. The castle is surrounded by 70 acres of parks and superb gardens, the two most beautiful are the gardens of Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de Medicis. They are ornamented with a myriad of shrubs, and hundreds of roses. The Chateau also caters for private banquets, From the Chateau site , please give me one of the dishes you can find in the MENU LES DÔMES.

3. Leeds Castle, set on two islands on the River Len in the heart of Kent in England, has been home to royalty, lords and ladies for over 1000 years. Leeds Castle passed into royal hands in 1278 and became part of the Queen of England’s dower, over the course of 150 years it was held by six mediaeval queens: Eleanor of Castile; Margaret of France; Isabella of France, Joan of Navarre; Anne of Bohemia and Catherine de Valois. The castle passed into private ownership in the early 1600’s, the last private owner of the castle, the Hon. Mrs. Wilson-Filmer, known as Lady Baillie , left an indelible mark on the palace. She filled the castle with art and antiques as well as a collection of birds and waterfowl, zebras and llamas among the other more usual animals. The aviary at the castle is renowned internationally, from the Leeds Castle site , please go to the Aviary and tell me the name of a bird that can be adopted from the Adoption Species List .

4. Edinburgh Castle, was built originally on the remains of an extinct volcano , the stronghold dominates the sky-line of the city of Edinburgh from its prime position on top of the rock mountain. Settlements on this site are dated as far back as 900 BC and the first castle was constructed around the end of the 11th century AD. When you think of Braveheart, Robert the Bruce and William Wallace this is the castle you think of. It is the most famous landmark in all of Scotland.For many of the visitors the highlights of Edinburgh Castle are the main places to visit, from this page please give me the name of one of the highlights.

5. Buda Castle is the historical castle of the Hungarian kings in Budapest, Hungary. Buda Castle was built on the southern tip of Castle Hill, next to the old Castle District which is famous for its medieval, Baroque and 19th century houses and public buildings. Buda Castle was the last major strongpoint of Budapest held by Axis forces during the siege of Budapest between December 1944 and February 1945. Heavy fights and artillery fire rendered the palace into a heap of ruins and the lavishly decorated interiors of the palace were all destroyed, reconstruction of the Palace started after the war. The Palace and it’s gardens were decorated with many different works of art, from this page , please give me the name of a sculptural monument or a Lost work of art.

Let's say we close this up on Wednesday the 14th of May afternoon FT time, if you need any help I will be around. In the meantime wherever you are have a great weekend

#419494 - Fri May 09 2008 12:40 PM Re: May Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Round 5 - Monday
"Gordon Lightfoot"
Seven sensational players !

1. To start, please tell me an ODD-numbered chapter in "The Examined Life" (and don't use the *Intro* as a chapter, OK?).

For 10 Points:
Focus, The Portrait of the Philosopher as a Young Man, Theological Explanations, Value and Meaning, The Zigzag of Politics
For 5 Points:
Parents and Children (2)

The Nature of God, The Nature of Faith, Sexuality, Emotions, Selflessness, The Matrix of Reality, Enlightenment -and- What Is Wisdom and Why Do Philosophers Love It So? would be the rest of 'em (not that I suspect any of you are remotely interested in having me tell you, of course )....

2. Could you tell me a musical act (aside from 'Great Speckled Bird') who performed at The Festival Express in Winnipeg on July 1, 1970? Thank you!

For 10 Points:
Buddy Guy Blues Band, Cat, Tom Rush
For 5 Points:
Grateful Dead (2), Mountain (2)

The rest of them were The Band, Janis Joplin, Delaney and Bonnie & Friends, Eric Andersen, Charlebois, James & The Good Brothers, Mashmakhan, Justin Tyme and Walrus

3. "Farewell To Annabel" (the sort of Lightfoot ditty that, to me, represents him perfectly). May I ask a line from that song that begins with a *Question* word (such as who, what, when, where, etc.)?

THE LYRICS:
Where did ya go when the snow lay on the ground?
How did it feel when I looked through your soul?
When was the last time you wanted my love?
How many nights did you cry your dreams to sleep?
Why did you hide what you knew would not stay hidden?
How could you put yourself through like you did?
Where does it say love should last forever?
When was the last time I told that to you?

For 10 Points:
Where did ya go when the snow lay on the ground?
For 5 Points:
How did it feel when I looked through your soul? (4); How could you put yourself through like you did? (2)

4. This time, I'd like to know the name of one of the ten youngest men who perished aboard the Edmund Fitzgerald.

For 10 Points:
Thomas D. Borgeson (Maintenance Man, 41); Bruce L. Hudson (Deck Hand, 22); Paul M. Riipa (Deck Hand, 22)
For 5 Points:
Russell G. Haskell (Second Assistant Engineer, 40) (2); David E. Weiss (Cadet, 22) (2)

The other young men who perished: Mark A. Thomas (Deck Hand, 21); Karl A Peckol (Watchman, 20); Thomas D. Bentsen (Oiler, 23); Gordon F. MacLellan (Wiper, 30) and Michael E. Armagost (Third Mate, 37)

5. To wrap this up, please tell me a contestant who either won or came in second at the end of ANY season of "Canadian Idol".

For 10 Points:
Theresa Sokyrka of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (RUNNER-UP, Season 2)
For 5 Points:
Eva Avila of Gatineau, Quebec (WINNER, Season 4) (2); Melissa O'Neil of Calgary, Alberta (WINNER, Season 3) (2); Kalan Porter of Medicine Hat, Alberta (WINNER, Season 2) (2)

Ryan Malcolm of Kingston, Ontario (WINNER, Season 1); Gary Beals of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (RUNNER-UP, Season 1); Rex Goudie of Burlington, Newfoundland and Labrador (RUNNER-UP, Season 3); Craig Sharpe of Upper Island Cove, Newfoundland & Labrador (RUNNER-UP, Season 4); Brian Melo of Hamilton, Ontario (WINNER, Season 5) -and- Jaydee Bixby of Drumheller, Alberta (RUNNER-UP, Season 5) were the other finalists.

The Results!

40 Points! .... denni19, nakarinna, szabs
35 Points! .... zorba_scank
30 Points! .... maninmidohio, Mugaboo
25 Points! .... brandz_mygirl

Tip o' the hat to denni19, nakarinna and szabs for landing themselves at the top of the leader board today . Nice tight contest, well played by all. Thanks for joining in! Have an outrageously relaxing weekend, everyone.

Edited by Gatsby722 (Fri May 09 2008 12:44 PM)

#419495 - Sat May 10 2008 11:40 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
denni19 Offline

Here's a quick note to let you know that Round 6 is now closed.

I will post the results sometime this weekend .

#419496 - Sat May 10 2008 05:51 PM Re: May Trivia Rounds
cinnam0n Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania USA
Round 10

Since tomorrow is Mother's Day here in the US, I thought my quiz would carry a mother's theme!

1. Name any famous person with a mother who is famous for the same thing. Please give the names of both of them.

2. Name any country in which Mother's Day is celebrated on the second Sunday in May.

3. Name any famous woman who is/was the mother of twins.

4. Name any famous TV mother from a situation comedy.

5. Finally, please give me a word of four or more letters found in the words Mother's Day.

This will close on Wednesday at noon. Have a wonderful day tomorrow, mothers!

#419497 - Sun May 11 2008 09:41 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
denni19 Offline

Results for ROUND 6

6 of you, wonderful players, sent answers for this round – Thank you for being so bold !

1 ~~ On Echoing Green's official website they've listed the 2008 Echoing Green Fellowship Finalists - please pick any fellow from the "Economic Development" section of the list.

10 points: Marie So, Leticia Jauregui, Kjerstin Erickson, Nandini Narula

5 points: Andrew Butcher [2]

Not mentioned: Gabriela Enrigue, Adarsh Kumar, Robert Brown, Elizabeth Scharpf and a few more.

2 ~~ In HERE please go to H-D Dealers --> HD Showrooms and give me the location of any Harley Davidson Center presented in there - City and State only.

10 points: None

5 points: Collierville, Tennessee [2], Billings, Montana [2], Muncie, Indiana [2]

Not mentioned: Mt. Clemens, Michigan; Maryville, Tennessee; Dover, Ohio; San Francisco, California and many others.

3 ~~ Please give me the name of a BOLD font, listed on Simply the Best Fonts website. (In the "Bold Fonts" category, not anywhere on the site)

10 points ALL: Impact, Viking Stencil, Arfmoochikncheez, Jobbernole, Skaterdudes, United States

4 ~~ Visit Bold Strummer Ltd - Books and Music for and about the Guitar, go to their Humour & Essays section and look for "The 'Something' Harmonica Blues' - A Guitar Tragedy" by Nicholas Clarke. Somewhere in the middle of the 'tragedy' , you'll find a few needed guitar accessories being mentioned. Pick any of those, please.

10 points: Guitar stand, String winder, Bottle neck

5 points: Flat picks fat [3]

Not mentioned: guitar strap, polishing cloth, footstool, flat picks thin, tuning fork, humidifier and 2-4 more

5 ~~ Please take a tour to "BOLD Words" and give me the title of a blog entry posted during December 2007.

10 points: “Why Does Everything Look the Same?”, “What Does It Take to Start a Trend?”, “The Politics of an Apology”, “Chasing After Innovation or Money?”

5 points: “For What It’s Worth – 100 Blog Posts on Social Media” [2]

Not mentioned: “Worlds Collide—George Eliot, Buffy, and Super Glue”, “Finding the Perfect Pair”, “Attention Versus Value”, “Breaking Bad News”, “Make No Little Plans”.

The RESULTS for Round 6 are:

With 45 points: Gatsby and Maninmidohio – Ohio rulz !

With 40 points: Szabs and Mugaboo

With 35 points: Nakarinna

With 30 points: Brandz_mygirl

Well, well, looks like some gentlemen prefer 'boldes' .
Congratulations to Gatsby and Maninmidohio for adding another May monthly point to their collection.

#419498 - Sun May 11 2008 12:17 PM Re: May Trivia Rounds
denni19 Offline

Here's a small note to let you all know that I won't be able to take care of my Rounds for a while.
My Mum is having some serious health problems and there will be a lot to deal with (hospitalization, surgery, further treatment, etc.)

Starting on May 16th, my Friday rounds will be hosted by Maninmidohio - Thank you for helping me out and welcome to the roster! I am sure you'll do a better job than I did .

I also have a Tuesday round waiting for me (on the 20th), which our dear and ever helpful Mr. Gatsby agreed to 'snatch' . Thank you so much!

I will try to play as much as possible, but, unfortunately, I cannot promise to play them all.

[Which reminds me I have this week's rounds to catch up with]

#419499 - Mon May 12 2008 01:40 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Firstly - (((((Denni))))), hope real life improves for you really soon, we're all here for you.

Wednesday 7th May Results

Q1 A film with purple in the title
For Ten Points
The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985), Beyond the Purple Hills (1950), Purple Dragon Dinosaur (1995), Their Purple Moment, The Secret of the Purple Reef (1960), The Purple Lily (1918), The Purple Lady (1916), "Purple People Eater" (1988)
For Five Points
Ten points to all,
Not mentioned
The Colour Purple (1985) and more

Q2 A song title with purple in the title
For Ten Points
Cool Purple Mist (by John Vanderslice), Purple Heather by Rod Stewart, Purple Stain by Red Hot Chili Peppers, "The Night of the Purple Moon" by Sun Ra, "Purple Ray Gun" by Alexis Shepard, "Purple Morning" - Andreas Johnson
For Five Points
"Purple Stuff" by Big Moe (2),
Not mentioned
Purple by Skin and more,

Q3 A book title with purple in the title
For Ten Points
Purple Cane Road (by James Lee Burke), Riders of the Purple Wage by Philip José Farmer, "The Purple Sickle Murders" - Freeman Wills Crofts, "Purple Hibiscus" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Deep Purple by TED ALLBEURY, "Purple Fables Quartet" by Ingo Swann, Dragonkeeper: Garden of the Purple Dragon by Carole Wilkinson, "Riders of the Purple Sage" - Zane Grey
For Five Points
Ten points to all,
Not mentioned
The Color Purple by Alice Walker and more

Q4 Something that is traditionally purple
For Ten Points
Colour of Solid "4" and Stripe "12" in Pool/Eightball, Early Purple Orchid (Orchis mascula), Football Uniforms (Clemson U), Amethyst, The American Beautyberry has striking purple fruit, The heartburn medication 'Nexium', Henry the Octopus (from The Wiggles – a children’s show, Eggplant,
For Five Points
Ten points to all,
Not mentioned
Lavender and more

Q5 Something you can eat which is purple
For Ten Points
Purple sprouting broccoli, Grape Tootsie Roll Pop, Those "Conversation Hearts" candies on Valentines Day, Purple Smarties, Purple artichoke, Purple asparagus, Purple carrots, Mulberry jam,
For Five Points
Ten points to all,
Not mentioned
Aubergines and more

Eight great competitors
SCORES
brandz_mygirl – 50
Denni19 – 50
Maninmidohio – 50
Mugaboo - 50
Nakarinna – 50
Szabs – 50
Gatsby – 45
Zorba_scank - 45

Well done to brandz_mygirl, Denni, Maninmidohio, Mugaboo, Nakarinna and Szabs

#419500 - Mon May 12 2008 04:09 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Round 12 ~ Monday

Just a few questions today, all *sprung* from a middle-of-the-road [?] little TV show about serial homicide. And blood spatters. And romance. And even a little bit of "what-goes-around-comes-around", too ...

1. Set and produced in Miami, the series centers on Dexter Morgan who works for the Miami Metro Police Department as a blood spatter analyst. This is a both sensible, albeit slightly ironic, profession for Dex -- considering that he has this pesky other vocation: he is a genetically-inclined serial killer, too. Clearly, though, he has a strong passion, not to mention a pervasive familiarity, with the environs of his *day job*? To start, I'll ask a question Mr. Morgan would know quite instinctively - Please tell me a Bloodstain pattern category (in the 'Passive', 'Projected' or 'Tranfer/Contact' stain groups) as they are defined by the IABPA, aka the International Association of Bloodstain Pattern Analysts. Wikipedia lists 13 ~ there may be more, however.

2. Michael C. Hall, born in 1971, plays our engagingly felonious forensics fellow in "Dexter" -- but his first major claim to fame came with his role in the TV series "Six Feet Under" (2001-2005) wherein he portrayed David James Fisher. THAT character was a homosexual mortician ~ does this guy fit into colorful / unusual roles, or what? His skill on the small screen electrifies because he smoothly makes these offbeat murderers and morgue-dwellers watchable, understandable and very human. Which is likely not the easiest job to pull off? At any rate, "Six Feet..." won an AFI Award in 2002 - they give them to the ten outstanding feature films and television shows that appeared that year. Might you tell me one of the other nine TV shows that shared the AFI citation with "Six Feet Under" in 2002?

3. In talking to a friend today, I compared (somewhat unclearly) how our Dexter was a [strangely] modern version of a very left-of-center *Robin Hood*. You see, because of his immutable 'physiology', Dexter can't help but kill . So, he manages it (as best such a thing can be managed) by dispatching horrible-on-purpose humans. Cruel, despicable, murder-the-innocent types of thugs who are dissimilar to himself since he can't NOT kill, and they CAN stop -- but they do it anyway, just out of meanness (thus deserving to be erased). Get rid of the killers to avenge the killed, then? There are decidedly much better ways to do useful things, naturally. Have a look at the Shadows of Sherwood site and tell me an organization / website they list there for those of us wanting to be Modern-Day Heroes ...

4. "Dexter" Morgan even has a girlfriend! Not an exactly typical relationship, theirs, but she seems like a nice young woman. And, I'm not kidding, Dexter is truly a lovable little odd duck/psychopath. She is played by talented Julie Benz, who was in a very short-lived series in 1998 (only four episodes aired) about an unsavory alpha-male sportswriter who gets fired and, in desperation, becomes *Sylvia Coco* ~ the new scribe for the "Ask Harriet" advice column at the same paper that canned him. Or her? Despite that the acting was topnotch, the idea terrific, the 'chemistry' just right ~ the show was ousted. Why? Because [sigh] the writing was unfailingly (FOX network's description) "stupid". Please tell me an episode that was ready (aired or not) for the series "Ask Harriet" ~ and don't use the Pilot as an answer, OK?

5. "Dexter" originally aired on Showtime, a premium cable station that is well-regarded for its cutting-edge programs and consistent high quality in presenting them. The content there is very often adult, and riddled with occasional violence ("Dexter", I'm sure, is considered categorically both ). But it's always better-than-average on Showtime. Currently, they are running the [well-received] series "The Tudors", which is loosely based upon the early reign of British monarch Henry VIII, starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the boisterous monarch. *Click Here* to link to a page promoting the show (and offering a bit of entertainment / education, too). As you maneuver around, you will see a number of 'characters' who will enlighten (*Tudors On Trivia...*, for example) regarding various general topics. Please tell me one of those "topics"! Thank you!

This one'll wrap up Friday afternoon! Here's hopin' you're all off to a fine, fine week !

#419501 - Mon May 12 2008 11:04 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
nakarinna Offline
Mainstay

Round 8 will be closing in 24 hours...

#419502 - Tue May 13 2008 12:02 PM Re: May Trivia Rounds
szabs Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Mijas, Malaga Spain         
Just a little reminder, Round 9 will be closing in 24 hours...

#419503 - Tue May 13 2008 12:16 PM Re: May Trivia Rounds
nakarinna Offline
Mainstay

Round 8 Results

7 players entered this round…

1. Please pick another movie on Time Magazine's All-Time 100 movies list with a title beginning with the letters D-F.

For 10 points: The Fly (1986), Dodsworth (1936), Double Indemnity (1944)

For 5 points: Farewell My Concubine (1993) – (2), Finding Nemo (2003) – (2)

Not mentioned: Day for Night (1973), The Decalogue (1989), Detour (1945), The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (1972), Dr. Strangelove: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964), Drunken Master II (1994), E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982), The 400 Blows (1959)

2. Please choose another track from The B-52's album Funplex.

For 10 points: "Hot Corner," "Keep This Party Going," "Too Much to Think About," "Pump," "Ultraviolet"

For 5 points: "Dancing Now" (2)

Not mentioned: "Funplex," "Eyes Wide Open," "Love in the Year 3000," "Deviant Ingredient"

3. Please select another musical for which Cy Coleman wrote the music.

For 10 points: Little Me, Wildcat, City of Angels, The Life, Like Jazz

For 5 points: The Great Ostrovsky (2)

Not mentioned: Seesaw, I Love My Wife, On the Twentieth Century and others

4. Please give me the name of another individual who was - at any time - a member of the band The Velvet Underground.

For 10 points: Maureen Tucker, Willie Alexander, Angus Maclise

For 5 points: Sterling Morrison (2), Lou Reed (2)

Not mentioned: John Cale, Doug Yule, Walter Powers, Billy Yule, and others

5. Please name any feature film not already mentioned in this round that was directed by the influential Federico Fellini.

For 10 points: Il Bidone/The Swindle (1955), Prova d'orchestra (1978), E la nave va (1983), La Strada (1954), Il Casanova di Federico Fellini (1976)

For 5 points: Roma (1972) – (2)

Not Mentioned: La Voce della luna (1990), Intervista (1987), Ginger e Fred (1986), and others

Scores:

With 45 points: maninmidohio, denni19, brandz_mygirl
With 40 points: Gatsby722, zorba_scank
With 35 points: szabs
With 30 points: Mugaboo

Congratulations to maninmidohio, denni19, and brandz_mygirl for winning one May trivia point each!

Thanks for playing, everyone !

#419504 - Tue May 13 2008 01:13 PM Re: May Trivia Rounds
brandz_mygirl Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Singapore
May 13 – quiz

I went to the cinema on Saturday. You’ll probably be able to guess the movie I saw when I tell you that…..

Today’s quiz title is ”IRON”

1) In the home - I like doing the ironing. I know people who absolutely hate it but I find it almost calming to wield an iron whilst the mind wanders off and, no, I haven’t burnt anything so far (fingers crossed) ironing and day dreaming at the same time. From this page, please give me an iron which is available for under US$20. There should be 7 to choose from.

2) Raw material – Iron ore is mined, then smelted to produce pig iron, which is then further processed into iron or steel. One can read all about the smelting process on the web, that’s just too much science stuff for me to absorb. According to the US Geological Survey (“USGS”), please name any one of the top 10 iron ore producing countries in the world in 2007. Big Hint: I’ve done a quick check and the top 10 countries are the same as that for 2006 even though production figures have changed. And the 2006 figures are available on the reference site which I frequently refer to but will not name at this time.

3) Out of the mouth – Verbal irony is intentionally expressing an idea/opinion/feelings by saying the complete opposite. You say something by saying something else. Is verbal irony and sarcasm the same thing one might ask? According to the Sarcasm Society, “sarcasm is a form of irony which uses sharp wit to highlight the obviousness, stupidity, or annoyance-factor of a situation.” From the website of the Sarcasm Society, please proceed to Sarcastic Quotes and give me any ONE of the quotes by either Mr. Marx, Mr. Shaw –or- Mr. Wilde.

4) Nineteenth hole – The nineteenth hole is an informal term for the golf clubhouse where one can have a drink(s) after playing an exhausting round of golf. I’m bringing it up in this question because I wanted to mention the game of golf and this was the only way I could think of using the letter ‘N’. An iron in the game of golf is a type of golf club. Irons range from numbers 1 – 9 (usually called for eg. a 5-iron) and include wedges of which there are four types. Please give me the name of any iron in the game of golf. Do note that the same wedge could be known by different names.

5) ‘IRON’ has only four letters so we shall end this round with only four questions…………...not . The director of the movie I watched last Saturday is not well-known for directing movies. Please name ANY of the shows (TV shows/films) he has directed, excluding the movie I watched last Saturday. Do not name the episodes, just the name of the show will do.

This round will close on Saturday 17 May at midnight FT time. Please PM for help if needed. Thank you.

#419505 - Wed May 14 2008 05:08 AM Re: May Trivia Rounds
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Ohio USA    
Round 14 ~ Wednesday

All I know is that every time I turned around last week, this guy was on TV - chatting it up with somebody or other. Hmmm. Must be some new [mysterious] movie of his out in theatres? Yeah ... that must be it ...

1. Early in his career (at just 20 years of age) Robert Downey, Jr. was introduced to a large viewing audience by becoming a cast member of the wildly popular 'factory' of mega-watt Hollywood power talent ~ "Saturday Night Live". He was only there for one season (1985-86), but got raves for his recurring character Jimmy Chance (a hipster movie critic) along with nailing a number of celebrity impersonations, including the likes of Elvis Presley, George Michael, John Cougar Mellencamp, Sean Penn and Paul Simon. To start today, please tell me another *regular* cast member with whom Downey appeared in that one season ('85/'86) that he was on "SNL".

2. Robert Downey, Sr. (b. 1937) is an actor, writer and film director. By the age of 22 he'd been a soldier, a minor league baseball player, a Golden Gloves champ and a playwright. He moved into big-budget filmmaking with the landmark Greaser's Palace in 1972, a cult film that still has a passionate fan base. It's a parable of the story of Christ summarized: *He's got the boogie on his fingers & the hubba-hubba in his soul! This ain't your father's Bible story, son. It's the destruction of the world through massive constipation (?) in a New Mexico setting!* In the movie a character named Jessy mentions that "exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devil-monster". Please tell me a word in that "monster's" name - excluding the words *a, and, be, with and of*...

3. For years, Robert Downey, Jr. was notorious for his drug addiction. The arrests began in 1996 for heroin/cocaine and culminated in a one-year prison stint in '99. Robert has publicly stated that his drug usage began when he was eight years old ! It would seem, now, that Downey has gotten his life (and his demons) in order. Luckily, he did not kill himself OR anybody else during those tumultuous years ~ which was a miracle in itself. In the '96 arrest, the police found a .357-caliber Magnum in his car! That gun is made by Smith and Wesson, the main manufacturer of its kind in the US. They're a responsible lot, ideally, in how they hope their *merchandise* is handled. Look at the Smith & Wesson site and tell me one of their 9 ADDITIONAL Important Safety Rules ~ no need to mention the four "basic" rules. Note: shortened answers are fine .

4. Downey's greatest critical success, so far, has come with his role in Chaplin (1992). Charlie Chaplin (1889-1977) was a 'character' that Robert fought hard to play, and his performance was topnotch (his embodiment of The Little Tramp even earned him an Oscar nomination for Best Actor). One of Chaplin's biggest breaks in his groundbreaking life occurred in 1916 when the Mutual Film Corporation paid him $670,000 to make a dozen two-reel comedies, and he fulfilled his contract by directing, producing, acting in, editing and/or writing the script for all of them in 1916 and 1917. All of those short films now rank among the most influential comedy films in cinema history! Kindly tell me the title of one of those twelve movies Chaplin created for Mutual Film Corporation, OK?

5. These days, Robert Downey, Jr. is news again ~ for all the right reasons, too. The 2008 film "Iron Man" has opened to huge crowds. Downey is now a superhero mega-movie star - at 42, and after surviving many troubles, the part of Iron Man fits him nicely. In the Marvel Comics, "Tony" Stark was forced to build a menacing weapon after being kidnapped. Instead, he created a suit of iron to save his life and help protect the world, too (his suit is laden with technological devices that enable him to fight crime). He was a rich industrialist / genius inventor / overall good guy, all told. Lightheartedly, Forbes Magazine ranked Iron Man/Tony Stark among the wealthiest fictional characters on their annual tally. Please tell me another fictional 'creature' that made THE TOP 10 on that Forbes list !

This will close at [around] noon on Sunday, eh? Until then, take it easy! And take your vitamins, too. Have a fine and fulfilling today....

Edited by Gatsby722 (Wed May 14 2008 08:09 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ozzz2002