Rules
Terms of Use

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#435549 - Sun Aug 10 2008 01:56 PM Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
It was a bit long so time to close the old and start a fresh one.

What a mixed day I have had, I spent it at a seaside festival working as a volunteer for Shopmobility until almost 8pm.

This morning we managed to get one elderly gentleman knock down an elderly woman, she was taken to hospital but nothing broken. Still, it wasn't nice and there will be a police inquiry into what happened.

Then delight of delights, I saw my ex-husband's wife there and had a chat. She seemed surprised to hear that I am a grandmother despite me emailing my ex on the day the baby was born. Then later I saw my ex, but not to speak to.

Then perhaps the high, I think it must have been kiss a granny day! I was shaking my bucket asking for money and a young man gave me some money then offered his cheek and pointed to it asking for a kiss. He was a nice looking young man, a bit drunk perhaps, but nice looking and clean so I started to give him a peck when he twisted his face so I kissed his mouth! It is a long time since I was kissed by a young man! We had a good laugh about it, I asked if it was kiss a granny day/

I chatted up a few policemen too, well why not? I told a couple that I didn't like their new shirts, they are black. I then told another couple that I liked the white shirts best, they apparently could wear either white or black, their choice. I prefer the white ones.

Edited by sue943 (Mon Aug 11 2008 01:27 AM)

#435550 - Sun Aug 10 2008 04:44 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ohio USA         
Boy, the things you get up to when you are 'volunteering', Sue! I'll tell you, it gives a whole new meaning to helping another out! Good for you and the kiss from the nice young man.

#435551 - Sun Aug 10 2008 08:03 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ktstew Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arkansas USA
THAT is hilarious. I love it.

#435552 - Sun Aug 10 2008 09:52 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
It just goes to prove that we can't leave the old bat alone for a moment doesn't it. I don't think any male is safe in the area. "Kiss a granny day" indeed! Are you sure it was your bucket you were shaking , dear?

#435553 - Mon Aug 11 2008 01:46 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
I wonder what was in the bucket... Some kind of attraction potion?

#435554 - Mon Aug 11 2008 06:42 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
Quite a large high for my week, though it's actually quite a small thing it had me bouncing off the walls for ages.

Diana Gabaldon has a new book coming out in September 2009! I don't want to wait that long but it'll probably be worth it. It's the 7th in her Outlander series, which is one of my favourite series, second only to the Dark Tower.

#435555 - Mon Aug 11 2008 11:11 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
toadette Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Port Dover Ontario Canada
Quote:

Quite a large high for my week, though it's actually quite a small thing it had me bouncing off the walls for ages.

Diana Gabaldon has a new book coming out in September 2009! I don't want to wait that long but it'll probably be worth it. It's the 7th in her Outlander series, which is one of my favourite series, second only to the Dark Tower.

fantastic news. Thank you for the information. I will be looking for it

#435556 - Mon Aug 11 2008 01:17 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
rayven80 Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Ft. Collins Colorado USA    
I didn't know that was coming out next year. I can't wait now. I was rereading "The Fiery Cross" yesterday.

#435557 - Tue Aug 12 2008 12:19 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
dg_dave Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: near Stafford, Virginia USA  
High: getting to spend some time with my niece. The low, though, involves her. She's only 3 1/2 and she wanted to watch me play Wii Sports. She took a second remote (with the battery removed) and was doing the same motions I was. The remote she was using came down right on my fingernail, and it has hurt since about 8:30pm. It was unfortunate and very much unintentional.

#435558 - Tue Aug 12 2008 07:24 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

My low today was getting the news that my 84 year old uncle passed away last night.
His poor daughter went on holiday last week and her mother-in-law was hit and killed by a train on friday. They spent Monday trying to find her body at the morgue (they did not know where it had been taken) and then had the sad news about her father.

#435559 - Tue Aug 12 2008 07:45 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ohio USA         
lady, So sorry to hear about your uncle. How awful for his daughter and that's an almost unbelievable sequence of events to happen to one person in such a short time. My thoughts are with all of you.

#435560 - Tue Aug 12 2008 10:02 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
I am so sorry to hear of your Uncle, and your niece's mother in law Lady1.
No highs or lows for me at the moment, everything is going swimmingly in "Jane's world"
It must had been frightening, Sue, the electric scooter accident. I can't help smiling to myself though, because I have very poor hand-eye co-ordination. If we have to walk far I use a manual wheelchair. I think I used a electric scooter twice, and after a few close calls with other people, my parents decided I was better without a scooter

#435561 - Tue Aug 12 2008 03:22 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
Sue, you go girl!

#435562 - Tue Aug 12 2008 03:24 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
lady1 I am so sorry to hear your news. How tragic about the mother in law, and sad about your uncle.. My thoughts go out to all involved. Hugs

#435563 - Wed Aug 13 2008 02:09 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I realy feel for my poor cousin and only wish I could help but she is still away and has the long ride home ahead.

#435564 - Wed Aug 13 2008 09:28 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
lady1, I am so sorry to hear that news, it is dreadful to have two deaths so close together.

#435565 - Wed Aug 13 2008 10:12 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
Condolences to you and your family, lady1. Such sad news for your cousin; I know how frustrated you must feel in not being able to help yet.

#435566 - Thu Aug 14 2008 05:14 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Thank you both. Still no news as to when they will be back.

#435567 - Fri Aug 15 2008 04:10 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Fantastic day, or I should say evening.

I had to smile, I go for years without seeing my ex-husband and now I have seen him twice in less than a week. That wasn't the good bit.

This evening was the moonlight parade of our annual carnival and I actually took part in it! I 'flew' one of the Red Arrows. It was hilarious. They raised cheers all along the route, lots of waving and lots of people taking our photo.

We just did one circuit then left before the hoards let out. We slotted in right behind the 'Miss Battle' float which had Christopher Biggins on board. He hopped off at one stage and 'worked' the audience and turned and saw me then asked how I was. He was also having a whale of a time.

The ex was driving one of the other entries. Whilst waiting for the parade to start we were parked up and I had been asked to pull in and ended up facing my ex who was sitting in a vehicle reading a newspaper - obviously not his scene.

#435568 - Fri Aug 15 2008 06:17 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Well it was wonderful that you were full of life and fun and enjoying it all and he was giving off negative vibes ! Yay!

#435569 - Sat Aug 16 2008 02:17 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
I'm glad you had a good time Sue! It's funny how you don't see people for years and then bump into them all the time. My little high will be on Monday, when I sign up for my collage course It's for pleasure only, I am doing a CLaIT (Computer Learning and Information Technology) Plus course, with seven sections to it. I've passed two sections already

#435570 - Sat Aug 16 2008 02:39 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Channel Islands    
Way to go Jane. Courses are great fun.

#435571 - Sun Aug 17 2008 06:23 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
I've just come back form my dancing competition...well and truly exhausted. I'm happy to say though that I got lots a lots of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places, and my dancing partner did almost as well.
Bad thing is that for the next competition they've cut us out of 5 'medalist and below' dances because apparently they aren't convinced that we are ever going to do our medals. Now we are only in the social events.

#435572 - Sun Aug 17 2008 11:39 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
staceyleighk Offline
Participant

Loc: Gateshead Tyne and Wear UK
Been babysitting both my brothers Daniel (7) and Liam (3), but they are at their Grandma's for the moment which gives me a few hours break.

The high of my day was when Liam my youngest brother said leave me alone punk which I just couldn't tell him off for as I was laughing too much.

Haven't had a bad moment today as love looking after them.

#435573 - Tue Aug 19 2008 09:55 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
satguru Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Kingsbury London UK           
Yay! The first shop I took my postcards of Golders Green to bought ten of them! OK, nowhere else did but I also had two who wanted some on sale or return and one who told me to come back later to see the boss, and two people took my card if their friends wanted any. That was a lot better than it could have been, and everyone said how nice they were. Now I hope they sell them and keep ordering more, I will see.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943