Rules
Terms of Use

Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#435824 - Sun Dec 21 2008 05:57 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Virginia USA
Quote:

My cats used to bring in the livestock and let them go! I found a live rabbit behind my bookcase once and they often brought in mice.

Sue, we have cats that always seem to over-do the gift-giving as well. I've gotten everything from moles, mice, birds, snakes, rabbits, chipmunks and even a squirrel. I feared if I didn't "Good Boy" my cats enough I'd find a deer out front someday! I must say the most disturbing thing I've found were the half-rabbits or just a bunny head sitting on the back porch.

Those days I just closed the door and hoped a bird would carry the remains away as it's always been my hubby's duty to dispose of such things.... Usually worked, too.

#435825 - Sun Dec 21 2008 06:23 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
I had a wonderful cat a few years ago who brought me such a nice thin wriggly snake! She jumped in through the window with it in her mouth, looking as if she had a Ghengis Khan moustache. I have never screamed so loudly and she obligingly took it out again.

#435826 - Sun Dec 21 2008 07:04 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
Kitty likes to leave dead mice around the back verandah. He once left one on the lawn and I, not noticing it, ran over it with the lawn mower. It stunk, and there were maggots in it.

#435827 - Sun Dec 21 2008 07:06 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Quote:

Kitty likes to leave dead mice around the back verandah. He once left one on the lawn and I, not noticing it, ran over it with the lawn mower. It stunk, and there were maggots in it.

Blech, there goes the thought of dessert tonight....

#435828 - Sun Dec 21 2008 11:32 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lynn-ann Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Cape Town South Africa     
Quote:

I must say from his photo he looks quite a strong willed character!

Yes he is, but he loves people and people love him and he is very well behaved. He doesn't beg for food or mess in the house

Quote:

I found a live rabbit behind my bookcase once

Sue, what did you do with the live rabbit?

#435829 - Mon Dec 22 2008 03:06 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Popped it in a box and took it back to the 'common' where it had come from. One has to admire the cat responsible, I have a 7'6" wall around my garden which he had to climb, then he had to come through two catflaps to get into the house. The rabbit hadn't been injured.

#435830 - Mon Dec 22 2008 03:58 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lynn-ann Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Cape Town South Africa     
That's a pretty cool cat. Glad the rabbit was unharmed.

#435831 - Mon Dec 22 2008 10:15 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Loc: Wisconsin USA
That was quite a trip for the rabbit! I think he liked your ride back better, Sue.

Quote:

Popped it in a box and took it back to the 'common' where it had come from. One has to admire the cat responsible, I have a 7'6" wall around my garden which he had to climb, then he had to come through two catflaps to get into the house. The rabbit hadn't been injured.

#435832 - Mon Dec 22 2008 10:19 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Good evening everyone.

Guess who? It's been a long time. I've read this thread through and wow. Nice thread.

My latest low could be my high too! I'd been busy. Running, running to catch up- until life forced me to slow down! I broke my leg in November. In my job, as a Tutor Assistant and Volunteer Recruiter (I am part of AmeriCorps, a National Service Organization here in the US), I have felt very behind in getting it all going.

Now, as I HAVE to slow down, I feel I am getting as much done as I was before, even though I am in a wheelchair and have to get rides from the para transit bus.

So, the blessing is being slowed down enough to get my work done!

I am honored to get do do this for a second time (nearly 10 years ago I worked at another AmeriCorps job). New experience, old experience--New decade, old me (making me new though)! HA

I'm glad to have come back and will see you all around the forum!
Joy

Edited by JoyJoyJoy (Tue Dec 23 2008 01:55 AM)

#435833 - Tue Dec 23 2008 02:01 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Welcome "Home", back to Funtricia JoyJoyJoy Highlight of the last few days is my niece coming home for Christmas from University.

#435834 - Tue Dec 23 2008 02:23 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Thanks Jane! I've noticed what a wonderful family you have. I read about your mom's blood clot trouble. How is she doing now?

#435835 - Tue Dec 23 2008 04:44 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

My dance partner and I exchanged Christmas presents today, and they were well recieved on both sides. He wrote a very nice message on my card, reminding me how far we've come with our dancing and how much we can achieve if we keep going. It's so nice to be reminded of that...I often forget and get caught up in the things that don't go well rather than what we've already achieved.

#435836 - Tue Dec 23 2008 04:59 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Gatsby722 Offline
Pure Diamond

Loc: Canton
Ohio USA    
My low point of the day happened just now. A very good friend of mine (and of this site, too) just lost their mother. I'm not trying to be mysterious on purpose -- it's just that I've not been given permission to offer details -- but my heart goes out. It strikes me on several levels, especially. First because I hate to see friends grieving or sad or overwhelmed for any reason, but especially so at the death of a family member so close. And, second, because I too (ironically enough) lost MY mother on December 23 in 1999. The two situations don't compare a whole lot besides the day of the year, but I remember what a strange time of year it felt for such a change to happen. There's never a good time, of course ... but it just all felt so peculiar that events unfolded the way they did so close to the most "wonderful" day on most people's calendar(s).

At any rate, prayers said and candles lit for my (our) friend and her family.

#435837 - Wed Dec 24 2008 01:59 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

It is awful to lose a loved one, and you miss them dreadfully at Christmas. My thoughts and good wishes go our to our friend and their family xxx

Edited by JaneMarple (Wed Dec 24 2008 01:59 AM)

#435838 - Wed Dec 24 2008 03:16 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

I too, am sending my thoughts to whoever it is amongst us who has lost their mother. Best wishes to your whole family.

#435839 - Wed Dec 24 2008 06:24 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
How very sad, I'm so sorry. (((hugs)))

#435840 - Wed Dec 24 2008 06:33 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMartha Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Georgia USA
May I offer my condolences to whomever it is that has just lost their mother. Losing ones parents is always hard no matter the time or circumstances. May God bless you! (((also hugs)))

#435841 - Wed Dec 24 2008 12:34 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Highlight of the day - well, it'a Christmas Eve Tomorrow, me and Mum will be spending Christmas with my sister, her husnband, my nieces and of course, William. I've always loved Christmas, I am so lucky to have a wonderful family to spend it with.
Today, ne and Mum went for the last bit of the fresh food with my Aunt. Then we went for lunch together, which was very enjoyable. May I take this opportunity to wish all my "Funtrivia Family" a Merry Christmas or a Happy Holiday, if you don't celebrate Christmas?
Christmas E-card
Happy Holidays E-card

Edited by JaneMarple (Wed Dec 24 2008 03:58 PM)

#435842 - Wed Dec 24 2008 01:19 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Such a sweet card Jane, and so fitting to hear Bing & Bowie singing together. Merry Christmas Jane!

And Merry Christmas to all my Funtrivia friends Down Under, in Europe and all over the Americas.

edited to add:

Merry Christmas to you too Ren, I nearly forgot Asia!

Edited by BurgGurl (Wed Dec 24 2008 01:21 PM)

#435843 - Wed Dec 24 2008 03:17 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
TabbyTom Offline

Loc: Hastings Sussex England UK    
Lovely cards, Jane - thanks a lot. Happy Christmas, everyone!

#435844 - Wed Dec 24 2008 08:33 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
...and Best Wishes and much love to all of you, in Pennsylvania and all over the world!

#435845 - Thu Dec 25 2008 08:07 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
denni19 Offline

Loc: Bucharest Romania
Thank you all for kind thoughts, big hugs and for caring.
I am the one who lost her mother two days ago and Gats, you are so right about how peculiar the circumstances are. This is the reason I kept it a "secret", it seemed weird to come here with my news at this specific time when people were getting ready for such a happy holiday.

I am like a robot, doing what needs to be done and somehow avoiding to acknowledge what happened. I feel so frozen emotionally it sort of scares me. I know this may sound strange, associating the two events, but losing my doggie last month and now my Mum is just too much even for the strong person I know I am.
In a few hours we'll go to the funeral and then... I don't know ... I'll probably sleep for the rest of this year so I don't have to think about it.

Again, thank you for thinking about me and for your kind, soothing words.

I am hoping all of you had a lovely Christmas filled with peace, bright lights, lots of gifts and much joy.
Merry Christmas all!

#435846 - Thu Dec 25 2008 08:47 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
Mada, I am so very sorry for the pain you are feeling. Know that you have a strong community family that are here for you.

I will light a candle for your Mom, and keep you in my prayers.

((((((( Mada ))))))))

#435847 - Thu Dec 25 2008 08:52 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
minkpenny Offline
Mainstay

Loc: Buenos Aires
Argentina    ...
I am very sorry to hear about your mother, Mada. I send you my condolences and I'm thinking of you.

#435848 - Thu Dec 25 2008 09:02 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JoyJoyJoy Offline
Prolific

Mada, sorry about your mom and your dog. This is a hard time, I wish it wasn't.
The Funtrivia community is here for you.

Take great care of you.
Joy

Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943