Rules
Terms of Use

Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#435849 - Fri Dec 26 2008 08:04 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lynn-ann Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Cape Town South Africa     
Mada, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother and your dog. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

#435850 - Fri Dec 26 2008 09:42 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMartha Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Georgia USA
Mada, I know from experience that nothing will ease your pain at the moment. When my husband died, a few years back, just before Christmas, some wonderful friends sent me a letter that was supposedly from him. It talked about what a blessed time he was have during his 'First Christmas in Heaven,' how wonderful it was to be there, and that he wanted me to be happy for him. It gave me comfort to think about that, and I have passed the letter along to others. Hopefully, it will help you also to think about your Mother spending her first Christmas there. May God bless you during the coming year. We really do care!

#435851 - Fri Dec 26 2008 11:06 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Mada, I can't imagine how you must feel. It is terrible to lose a loved one at any time of year, but especially during this season, when there's so much to celebrate. Sleep is good, so make the most of it. We're all here for you if we can do anything.
Hugs from England xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#435852 - Fri Dec 26 2008 01:04 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
BurgGurl Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Virginia USA
I am thinking of you often and hope you find the strength to carry you through this difficult time. We can help if you need anything.

Best, Tracey

#435853 - Fri Dec 26 2008 06:10 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
jordandog Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Ohio USA         
Mada,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. There are no words to make it better. Just know that I am, along with everyone else, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Sleep as long as you want or need - sometimes that is the only thing we can do.

#435854 - Fri Dec 26 2008 06:29 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Loc: Arizona USA
My thoughts and prayers for you at this time of loss, Mada.

#435855 - Fri Dec 26 2008 10:34 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Adelaide South Australia    
Mada, I'm thinking of you and I wish you all the time you need.

#435856 - Mon Dec 29 2008 12:27 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
lady1 Offline
Champion Poster

Loc: Gauteng South Africa          
So sorry to hear about your mom Mada, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

My high was coming home this evening to find my internet is working again after 5 days of NOTHING! There was a problem with the telephone line and I heard today that the staff at the telephone company were on strike so there was no one to fix it. The low being I was unable to send any Christmas e.mails (except for the few I sent early) and was unable to wish all my Funtrivia friends. So a belated Merry Christmas to all the Christians out there, an early Happy New Year to everyone and all the best for 2009.

I am going diving in Mozambique from the 1st till the 9th so will be away for a while. Will miss you all.

Glynnis

#435857 - Mon Dec 29 2008 12:29 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
Thanks for your kind wishes lady1, and the same to you. Have fun diving, and we will see you when you return.

#435858 - Mon Dec 29 2008 05:14 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Quote:

I am going diving in Mozambique from the 1st till the 9th so will be away for a while. Will miss you all.

Glynnis

We seem to have a knack for going on holidays at the same time. I'll be in Melbourne from the 2nd until the 11th for the National Youth Archery Championships.

Have fun in Mozambique!

#435859 - Tue Dec 30 2008 03:42 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Ooh, I hope you all have wonderful holidays. Lioness, good luck at the championships.

#435860 - Wed Dec 31 2008 09:04 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Thanks.

High for this week was New Year's Eve. I went to a dance ball, and danced until 1am with a slight pause in the middle for champagne and New Years Eve dances (chicken dance, hokey pokey...all the silly and fun ones). After the ball finished my dance partner and I went up to the party his parents and friends were having, and we stayed up until 4am paying out infomercials. We had a chain thing going, with his sister leaning on me and I leaning on him. We kept very warm. Got up at 8am this morning and had bacon and eggs for breakfast, then watched a DVD of Andre Rieu in Australia.

Very great New Years Eve/day.

#435861 - Thu Jan 01 2009 05:29 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
JaneMarple Offline
Star Poster

Loc: North West of England
Highlight of this week - well yesterday - was celebrating the end of 2008 with all my family My sister and her husband were at home this year with my niece, her partner and William. We popped in and out, then at midnight we went outside. One of our other neighbours invited me and Mum in for ten minutes, spent some time next door, and then came back home. 2008 had been a reasonably good year - we all had our health, William was born etc. And I am hoping 2009 will be just as good

#435862 - Thu Jan 01 2009 08:04 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMartha Offline
Star Poster

Happy New Year Everyone! Went to a wonderful party last night at my church. We were singing praises to God as the old year went out and hugged each other when the new year came in. Married couples kissed, of course, but those of us who no longer have a spouse got plenty of hugs and good wishes.

I was distressed this morning to hear on the news that atheists are trying to take the name of God and prayer out of the presidential inauguration. If you are an atheist, please understand that I am just as offended by this as you are in the opposite, but the greatest difference is there are so many more Christians in the USA than atheists. Why should you try to impose your will on the vast majority? As one news commentator put it, if you are offended by the name of God and Jesus, there are countries in this world where they are not worshiped - the USA is just not one of them, thankfully.

(I guess this will stir up some emotions and controversy , but it is the *low* point of my day. I expect the day to be wonderful otherwise!)

May God bless each and every one of you in the year 2009.

#435863 - Thu Jan 01 2009 11:18 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
Quote:

(I guess this will stir up some emotions and controversy , but it is the *low* point of my day. I expect the day to be wonderful otherwise!)

But not in this forum please.

#435864 - Thu Jan 01 2009 11:23 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMartha Offline
Star Poster

No, definitely not in this forum, but it was the *Low of Day/Week* for me, and that's why I mentioned it here.

#435865 - Fri Jan 02 2009 01:30 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Copago Offline

Loc: Australia

Just starting day three of being a non-smoker and so far so good! No-where near as bad as I thought it would be although still not easy either. Been drinking lots of water and keeping busy and avoiding the area outside where we smoked No doubt will put on some weight but will worry about that later.

#435866 - Fri Jan 02 2009 02:40 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
toadette Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Port Dover Ontario Canada
Good going, Copago! Keep telling yourself it's not that hard. You are a lot stronger than your old habit.

#435867 - Fri Jan 02 2009 04:37 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ClaraSue Offline
Forum Champion

Oh, good for you, Copago! Keep up the good work! I quit smoking on New Year's Day seven years ago and it wasn't easy, but I have never been so happy to give up something.

#435868 - Fri Jan 02 2009 06:10 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
Jar Offline
Multiloquent

Loc: Texas USA
Well done Copago! You won't gain weight, so don't give it another thought. I quit in 1987 and didn't gain. It is hard, I'll admit, but putting something other than a cigarette in the hand helps, other than food. Try picking up the camera, card making supplies, whatever, but not food. Keep up the good work! Yee Haw!

#435869 - Fri Jan 02 2009 06:46 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
sue943 Offline
Administrator

Loc: Jersey
Channel Islands    
You can spend the extra money on craft supplies. Well done.

#435870 - Fri Jan 02 2009 09:38 PM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
denni19 Offline

Loc: Bucharest Romania
Well done Copago! Keep up the good work! [and keep staying inside ]

#435871 - Sat Jan 10 2009 06:22 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
The_lioness33 Offline
Multiloquent

Well done Copago!

I'm back from my trip and I had a great time! I won bronze in field shooting and shot several personal bests.

#435872 - Sat Jan 10 2009 06:26 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
ren33 Offline

Loc: Kowloon Tong  Hong Kong      
Congrats,Ella.
How is it going Jill??

#435873 - Sat Jan 10 2009 09:20 AM Re: Good Night & Good Morning/Hi & Low of Day/Week
MadMags Offline
Star Poster

Loc: Orosi Costa Rica              
I wish you success Copago!

Well done lioness, wohooo!

Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  ren33, sue943